Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12465&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:51:42 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Live Rally In Huntsville, How many of the BSDA posters are there?
sonshineonme
post Feb 10 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #46

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 10 2007, 07:27 PM) [snapback]177196[/snapback]

God is willing to forgive and forget, just as he did David's grievous sins. Later in the Bible He spoke about how beloved David was and didn't mention his sins. Why? Because David put aside pride, realized the devastating nature of his sins, asked for forgiveness and made things as right as he could (he couldn't bring Bathsheba's husband back to life). David didn't just bow down and say "Please forgive me", he truly repented and made amends. Just like Manassa did.

Things must be made as right as is humanly possible. Duane and the other alleged victims deserve this.

Just this evening, I also referenced the story of David to another friend on here. I couldn't sleep the other night, got up, read several chapters in the bible about David. I kept thinking thru each story "but God called David a man after his own heart!" and it caused me to think what that really meant again; it was that David felt and showed true remorse (eventually), saw how messed up he was, ran to God and would not stop learning in his journey - he was not so full of consistant ego that he didn't learn from his mistakes (yes, the ones he willingly and knowingly committed). I always like the analogy of while riding upwards in an elevator, even if you fell down inside, you are still moving up, all you had to do was get up after each time you fall. We all sin, but what do we learn? Do we grow each time? Do we see how we get no where, no peace, only create more pain as we make those kind of choices? Or do we sink lower, not letting go of it, determined to hang on to the sin (ego, self-rightousness, pride, etc) and therefore we choose to harden ourselves, in essence pushing ourselves farther away from God. David learned, the hard way, but he still learned. Those around him saw his struggles and watched him run to God each time. One other thing, because of David's yo-yo-ing, he could relate to just about any situation, he "got it", and I am thankful he put it all down in the Psalms! David's life is evidence to me of a God that has a type of patience and love that is amazing. He was not happy with David, but seem to know he would finally "get it".

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 11 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #47

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You would want to give that "you people" phrase a rest. We don't take kindly to those types of remarks. Please don't act like you don't know what we mean.

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Feb 10 2007, 03:38 PM) [snapback]177147[/snapback]

Then stick with the light saber, but DO something. Any Yahoo can yap on and on. Talk is cheap.

If all this talk isn't just talk, you people would be doing something. Such grave concern and no action isn’t very impressive or convincing. All I see here is a bunch of lazy armchair critics cutting down people who at the very least are DOING God’s work.
edited for content.....

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Feb 11 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 10 2007, 02:47 PM) [snapback]177138[/snapback]

Agreed, advocating physical violence, even in jest, is out of line. There is nothing that would draw more support for Danny than one of his critics having a physical altercation with him.

Richard

That should bring in a few thou

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 11 2007, 07:37 AM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Well said, thank you. I liked the elevator analogy.

Richard

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 10 2007, 10:46 PM) [snapback]177200[/snapback]

Just this evening, I also referenced the story of David to another friend on here. I couldn't sleep the other night, got up, read several chapters in the bible about David. I kept thinking thru each story "but God called David a man after his own heart!" and it caused me to think what that really meant again; it was that David felt and showed true remorse (eventually), saw how messed up he was, ran to God and would not stop learning in his journey - he was not so full of consistant ego that he didn't learn from his mistakes (yes, the ones he willingly and knowingly committed). I always like the analogy of while riding upwards in an elevator, even if you fell down inside, you are still moving up, all you had to do was get up after each time you fall. We all sin, but what do we learn? Do we grow each time? Do we see how we get no where, no peace, only create more pain as we make those kind of choices? Or do we sink lower, not letting go of it, determined to hang on to the sin (ego, self-rightousness, pride, etc) and therefore we choose to harden ourselves, in essence pushing ourselves farther away from God. David learned, the hard way, but he still learned. Those around him saw his struggles and watched him run to God each time. One other thing, because of David's yo-yo-ing, he could relate to just about any situation, he "got it", and I am thankful he put it all down in the Psalms! David's life is evidence to me of a God that has a type of patience and love that is amazing. He was not happy with David, but seem to know he would finally "get it".

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 16 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #50

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

Wasn't on my TTD list. afro.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church