Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12554&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:32:01 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letter From Linda Shelton @ Www.lindashelton.org - Feb. '07, Linda Shelton demands the evidence be made public
wwjd
post Feb 24 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #121

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Feb 24 2007, 06:23 PM) [snapback]180435[/snapback]

The letter of October 25, 1985, from the Church of God in Illinois was addressed to
the Reverend Tommy Shelton.

Linda was, and is, an Adventist. Yet, it was Linda Shelton who was the wayward soul who needed to be replaced as programming manager with Reverend Tommy Shelton? I cannot buy into the logic of that argument. (I doubt the 3ABN Board of Directors has an answer for that one, either.)

This would imply that Linda being an adventist automatically made her a better christian than someone of another denomination. Next, at the Time of Linda's replacement, as you all have pointed out he was no longer "reverend" and hadn't been for some years.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 24 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #122

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

One mo' gen....
QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Feb 20 2007, 04:06 PM) [snapback]179588[/snapback]

How can you take the toothpick outta your brother's eye when you have a telephone pole in your own?

dunno.gif

I see.....

sadwalk.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Feb 25 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 24 2007, 10:38 PM) [snapback]180468[/snapback]

This would imply that Linda being an adventist automatically made her a better christian than someone of another denomination. Next, at the Time of Linda's replacement, as you all have pointed out he was no longer "reverend" and hadn't been for some years.

So? What does that prove, WWJD??! sadwalk.gif dunno.gif

JT

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 25 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #124

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 25 2007, 05:38 AM) [snapback]180468[/snapback]

And which church did you claim to belong to?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 26 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #125

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

smile.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 26 2007, 10:20 AM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 24 2007, 09:38 PM) [snapback]180468[/snapback]

Really?

http://www.dailyregister.com/calendar/?showdate=2006-09-24

(halfway down, left side of page)

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 26 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #127

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 26 2007, 10:20 AM) [snapback]180753[/snapback]

Really?

http://www.dailyregister.com/calendar/?showdate=2006-09-24

(halfway down, left side of page)

you were referring to this announcement?

- Gospel concert 6 p.m. at Faith Chapel (9555 Old Route 13) west of Harrisburg with the Rev. Gary Clark, the Rev. Tommy Shelton (musician) and the Rev. Chuck Jackson (music minister). For details, you may call (618) 982-2389 or 841-7590.

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 28 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #128

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

offtopic.gif - why not get back to the topic: When will 3ABN make known the real reason - trustworthy reason - why Linda was dismissed?

bangin.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 28 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #129

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 28 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]181284[/snapback]

offtopic.gif - why not get back to the topic: When will 3ABN make known the real reason - trustworthy reason - why Linda was dismissed?

bangin.gif

It is doubtful if 3abn will ever officialy admit anything about anything. But the reason Linda was dismissed is very plain.... She was dismissed because Danny didn't want her around any more.

Now as to why he didn't want her around..... there is probably no single answer to that. And since speculating about motives is not a good thing to do, we shall probably have to be content to notice what things he has changed since he got rid of her. The most obvious, of course, is that he has a new wife..... one that is much younger.

But there may be other changes also that are significant in other areas.... types of programming.... doctrinal emphases..... the way workers are treated..... perhaps others more familiar with things both before and after Linda left may have noticed changes that may be significant.

Of course, we do not know that spring 2004 was actually the watershed. It could be that Danny was already making changes.... at least some of which caused added friction between the two. Some have seen their going for a private jet plane as a significant watershed. Some have seen the court case over the property tax exemption as significant. It would be interesting to hear what others observed in the way of significant changes over the last 5 years or so.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 28 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #130

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(watchbird @ Feb 28 2007, 04:34 PM) [snapback]181295[/snapback]

It is doubtful if 3abn will ever officialy admit anything about anything. But the reason Linda was dismissed is very plain.... She was dismissed because Danny didn't want her around any more.

But there may be other changes also that are significant in other areas.... types of programming.... doctrinal emphases..... the way workers are treated..... perhaps others more familiar with things both before and after Linda left may have noticed changes that may be significant.

Though I usually ignore your posts, watchbird, I could not help but respond to this one. You are making big statements by saying Danny didn't want her around...Unless you are a physic mind reader, you couldn't possibly know what DS was thinking about anything. I have never seen it addressed here, how DS catered to her, bragged on her to everyone, constantly told her and others how beautiful he thought she was..and then all of a sudden....he wanted to get rid of her? c'mon. Anyone that was around them for any length of time would reach for a "hurl" bucket at the way he "fawned" over her and gave her her way about most everything. His biggest fault was putting her up on a pedestal so, in a way, he was somewhat responsible for her resulting attitude.
Also, if he just "wanted to get rid of her" why, right after the divorce, did he degrade himself buy taking her to the airport to catch her flight to Norway (without Nathan) knowing where she was going and who she was going to see, and still, tried to talk her into reconciliation all the way there?
BTW, since the doc and LS was strickley a professional relationship over her son, why was she going to Norway to see him, without Nathan, right after the divorce. mmm maybe she was out of phone minutes blink.gif
As far as your "changes" remark at 3abn. Yes, the programming improved significantly according to the biggest percentage of viewers. And, "the way workers were treated" vastly improved once LS was gone. Most employees would tell you that. Some said "it was like a load was lifted off of their shoulders while others said the whole atmosphere had become so much more spirit filled. Then, according to some that I knew that worked on the 3abn truck crew LS had their pay at a pathetic level and would not give them a raise. As soon as she was gone, her replacement couldn't believe how little they were being paid and immediately rectified the pay scale. After all they have a huge sacrifice having to be away from their families for weeks at a time.
Truthfully,if you ask most of the workers, they will tell you they can't really think of anything negative that has come from her, not, being at 3abn.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 28 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #131

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 28 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]181303[/snapback]

Though I usually ignore your posts, watchbird, I could not help but respond to this one.

You'd do better to keep on ignoring 'em, Bystander. You're wasting your time rehashing the same old lines that I've heard over and over again.

Didn't buy them the first time around... ain't buying them now. no.gif ...... thumbdown.gif .....

Shove off now...... wave.gif

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 28 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #132

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

So Linda was less than perfect. But we all knew that.

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 28 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]181303[/snapback]

Though I usually ignore your posts, watchbird, I could not help but respond to this one. You are making big statements by saying Danny didn't want her around...Unless you are a physic mind reader, you couldn't possibly know what DS was thinking about anything. I have never seen it addressed here, how DS catered to her, bragged on her to everyone, constantly told her and others how beautiful he thought she was..and then all of a sudden....he wanted to get rid of her? c'mon. Anyone that was around them for any length of time would reach for a "hurl" bucket at the way he "fawned" over her and gave her her way about most everything. His biggest fault was putting her up on a pedestal so, in a way, he was somewhat responsible for her resulting attitude.
Also, if he just "wanted to get rid of her" why, right after the divorce, did he degrade himself buy taking her to the airport to catch her flight to Norway (without Nathan) knowing where she was going and who she was going to see, and still, tried to talk her into reconciliation all the way there?
BTW, since the doc and LS was strickley a professional relationship over her son, why was she going to Norway to see him, without Nathan, right after the divorce. mmm maybe she was out of phone minutes blink.gif
As far as your "changes" remark at 3abn. Yes, the programming improved significantly according to the biggest percentage of viewers. And, "the way workers were treated" vastly improved once LS was gone. Most employees would tell you that. Some said "it was like a load was lifted off of their shoulders while others said the whole atmosphere had become so much more spirit filled. Then, according to some that I knew that worked on the 3abn truck crew LS had their pay at a pathetic level and would not give them a raise. As soon as she was gone, her replacement couldn't believe how little they were being paid and immediately rectified the pay scale. After all they have a huge sacrifice having to be away from their families for weeks at a time.
Truthfully,if you ask most of the workers, they will tell you they can't really think of anything negative that has come from her, not, being at 3abn.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 28 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #133

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

rofl1.gif Ok, Sorry! I jes' couldn't help it! I likes that WB! snack.gif
QUOTE(watchbird @ Feb 28 2007, 03:39 PM) [snapback]181308[/snapback]

You'd do better to keep on ignoring 'em, Bystander. You're wasting your time rehashing the same old lines that I've heard over and over again.

Didn't buy them the first time around... ain't buying them now. no.gif ...... thumbdown.gif .....

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 28 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #134

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(watchbird @ Feb 28 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]181308[/snapback]

Honestly, the truth doesn't have to be "bought". It is what it is. Also no one has rehashed anymore than you. No matter how hard you try to give your "tarnished" version of events, someone will always be around to tell what "really" happened. So, you better run along to bow and scrape and get a new story for tomorrow.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 28 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #135

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Problem for me BS is that Linda never came here lying through her teeth, to my knowledge, Danny did, so based on his own actions Danny's credibility is in the toilet, at least for me. I'll say it again, I hates a thief and a liar, nothing worse except somebody who will lie if they look at you! An unsolicited lie, if you please. I will also reiterate that Danny cut off his nose in spite of his face, because he is the reason we can't ask questions of Linda. Now, by his own hand he is the only one left to answer the accusers. That is how satan leads you out onto a brand while he is sawing it off at the base. Shame isn't it?

BTW, right "after" the divorce LS was free to fly, drive, walk or crawl to "see" anybody she wanted. That is a moot point. Now, is she was like Danny, and remarried to said Dr. then you would at least have a leg to stand, right now, you need to let that one go.

Also, BS, taking pots shots at LS while you know she can't defend herself is beneath you. Down right un-Christ-like. Danny can come here anytime( and probably does) to defend anything said here about him, Linda can't. Cheap shots, especially on a woman, speak volumes about your own manhood......BTJM....
nono.gif nonono.gif

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 28 2007, 03:25 PM) [snapback]181303[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:32 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church