Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12554&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:31:57 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letter From Linda Shelton @ Www.lindashelton.org - Feb. '07, Linda Shelton demands the evidence be made public
Observer
post Feb 17 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #91

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

And you and Observer (post#64) both ignored Lee's question about what kind of judgments will God bring for slander talebearing, gossip, etc?

O.K. Aletheia: When did you stop beating your husband with a cat-o-nine tails?

I know that the above question is an example of a classic question that is taught in many classes devoted to debate and other such. The best response is simply to ignore it. You probably will respond to my question. You will probably do so successfully. But the classic response to a question of that type is to simply ignore it.

You reference a question in that same classic mode that I simply ignored, in part. However, I did address it in part. Your question assumed that a ministry God began would continue to be a minsitry of God. I pointed out that in the past ministries which God began departed from the plan of God, and reached a point where they were no longer ministries of God. I spoke in part to your question!

NOTE: For the purists here who would like a response from me in regard to my question: I do not know anything at all as to whether or not Alethieia is married, to a male, or whether or not she beats a husband with a cat-o-nine tails. Please do not assume that I am making a statement in my question to her as to how she relates to a husband.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 17 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #92

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Treniece @ Feb 17 2007, 04:59 PM) [snapback]178945[/snapback]

Brenda seems to be a nice person. Never judge a book by its cover - I guess. It seems the things said about Tommy are true and I never would have thought him to be that type of a person, in fact I thought he was a long time Adventist.

Treniece,
Just out of curiosity, how have you come to the conclusion that the things said about Tommy are true? While I am inclined to agree with you, I'm interested in how you got there.

I also have had a hard time believing that the Brenda I thought I knew from watching her on cooking shows, Kids Time and various other productions would do the things she is reported to have done. Of course, how well do we actually know someone by their actions on the television screen?

Regarding thinking Tommy was a long time Adventist, I think you hit on a key, or at least a significant problem here. Unless one is privy to the behind-the-scenes lives of the folks on 3abn, viewers are left to conclude that those participating in the 3abn ministry are SDA.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 17 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #93

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 17 2007, 08:38 PM) [snapback]178952[/snapback]

O.K. Aletheia: When did you stop beating your husband with a cat-o-nine tails?

I know that the above question is an example of a classic question that is taught in many classes devoted to debate and other such. The best response is simply to ignore it. You probably will respond to my question. You will probably do so successfully. But the classic response to a question of that type is to simply ignore it.

You reference a question in that same classic mode that I simply ignored, in part. However, I did address it in part. Your question assumed that a ministry God began would continue to be a minsitry of God. I pointed out that in the past ministries which God began departed from the plan of God, and reached a point where they were no longer ministries of God. I spoke in part to your question!

NOTE: For the purists here who would like a response from me in regard to my question: I do not know anything at all as to whether or not Alethieia is married, to a male, or whether or not she beats a husband with a cat-o-nine tails. Please do not assume that I am making a statement in my question to her as to how she relates to a husband.

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

I'm okay....carry on......

rofl1.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Feb 18 2007, 01:20 AM
Post #94

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 16 2007, 05:58 PM) [snapback]178775[/snapback]

SoulEspresso,

Yes, now I do understand. You are using the word "hearsay" as it applies in a legal setting. My only hesitation is that there are some here who would misread your intended usage, those who have been charging many of us with believing in and spreading rumors. As you'll notice, the common usage of the word "hearsay" would tend to bolster their claims of rumor, gossip and slander, if they did not discern that you were using it in the legal sense.

From TheFreeDictionary:

Hearsay, n.

1. Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.
2. Law Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

Since this forum is not a legal courtroom, the process of building a case for truth is held to a slightly different standard. If Duane Clem tells me that he was a victim of pastoral sexual abuse as a young man by the pastor of his church and then I read the emailed confession Duane received from that very pastor, I believe that I can safely conclude that Duane's testimony is truthful. In this court of public opinion, the use of the word "hearsay" may be a bit of a sticky wicket, diverting the minds of some from the fine points that you are bringing forward.

In the case of those people who have been eye witnesses to certain events, such as sister and HOTY, etc., our job is to determine whether or not they are credible witnesses. If deemed credible, their first-hand testimonies should be able to be viewed as factual. I believe it is an injustice to them to characterize their testimonies as hearsay when repeated by others. Certainly, if we were to be witnesses in a court of law, reporting what we have heard from them would qualify as hearsay - but not here and not in normal every day life.

PB,

Thanks for the good point. I don't know if I'll be able to correct my posts (I'm sure there's a way to do them all in one spot if I could figure it out) but I'll see what I can do. Anyway I'll try to find a better way of putting it in future.

Yeah, I believe these people, all of them--particularly Duane. I don't know any man who would make up a story like that just to bring someone else down. They are credible witnesses to me and I don't want to cast a bad light on their story.

Soul

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Feb 18 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #95

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

Okay, a lot of it's fixed--no content changed, just precision of language. The last thing I want to do is cast doubt on the testimony of people I happen to believe.

I left this conversation pretty much intact because it wouldn't make sense to delete every reference to and explanation of hearsay.

Hope this clarifies.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
ida
post Feb 18 2007, 04:28 AM
Post #96

Member No.: 3,018

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 17 2007, 04:14 AM) [snapback]178822[/snapback]

What makes people think God won't bring judgment on them for all the lies/insinuations/insinuations/suggestions and outright blatent gossip against a ministry God set up?
It is a serious thing to go against the will of God--to desire to work against his purposes!

Are you really saying that since God set up this ministry, no repulsive sin can enter inside those sacred walls?

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 18 2007, 05:15 AM
Post #97

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Feb 17 2007, 08:15 PM) [snapback]178963[/snapback]

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

I'm okay....carry on......

rofl1.gif

In my approach to life, it is O.K. to interject some humor into situaitons.

This post has been edited by Observer: Feb 18 2007, 05:16 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 18 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #98

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Feb 18 2007, 12:52 AM) [snapback]178981[/snapback]

Okay, a lot of it's fixed--no content changed, just precision of language. The last thing I want to do is cast doubt on the testimony of people I happen to believe.

I left this conversation pretty much intact because it wouldn't make sense to delete every reference to and explanation of hearsay.

Hope this clarifies.

spoton.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 19 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #99

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

I just received an update from Linda regarding her letter and website.

She has been working making a few minor revisions (grammar changes, etc.) to her already released letter. The content and context will remain the same and it will be posted on her website.

With that, Linda is updating and changing the question and letter sections on her website as well as posting an event schedule section showing some of her upcoming engagements.

Her website is due to be updated sometime this week. As soon as her Webmaster gets it loaded there, I will bring the letter back here. I will leave the original and add the second below it. At that time, I will ask Clay if he can re-pin it.
(Thanks Clay!) smile.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 19 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #100

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 19 2007, 06:54 PM) [snapback]179391[/snapback]

I just received an update from Linda regarding her letter and website.

posting an event schedule section showing some of her upcoming engagements.

Her website is due to be updated sometime this week. As soon as her Webmaster gets it loaded there, I will bring the letter back here. I will leave the original and add the second below it. At that time, I will ask Clay if he can re-pin it.
(Thanks Clay!) smile.gif

I thought you and watchbird had said before that you were not getting your info from Linda. Watchbird told otherwise last week and now so are you. So all of the puppet on a string comments have been and are true. Everything you post is from her and has her spin on it. Everyone already knew it anyway, just glad you admit it.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 19 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #101

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 07:13 PM) [snapback]179421[/snapback]

I thought you and watchbird had said before that you were not getting your info from Linda. Watchbird told otherwise last week and now so are you. So all of the puppet on a string comments have been and are true. Everything you post is from her and has her spin on it. Everyone already knew it anyway, just glad you admit it.

So, do you have a question then? Or did you want to move on to another thread now and post some more of your "type" of comments? You know, the jealous, hateful, evil kind. Sad.

p.s. you should take lessons on your kind of thinking, just a suggestion.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Feb 19 2007, 09:35 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 19 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #102

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 10:13 PM) [snapback]179421[/snapback]

Isn't it interesting that because someone says they got one piece of information from Linda you assume that Linda is their ONLY source of information.

Isn't it interesting that you equate getting information from someone as being a "puppet on a string".

Since neither is true... either with me or with sonshineonme... and since neither assumption qualifies as a general rule as to how people relate to each other or to their information sources.... I am left with only one conclusion.... and that is that this is the way you must relate to YOUR sole information source.

Very interesting.....

So sad...... thumbdown.gif ......

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 20 2007, 01:03 AM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 09:13 PM) [snapback]179421[/snapback]

Doing everything seemingly possible except refuting accusatory talk in our neighborhood.

(can you break the code?)

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
IMM
post Feb 20 2007, 07:06 AM
Post #104

Member No.: 1,938

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 20 2007, 01:03 AM) [snapback]179483[/snapback]

Doing everything seemingly possible except refuting accusatory talk in our neighborhood.

(can you break the code?)

Good one, Duane!

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 20 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #105

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(IMM @ Feb 20 2007, 07:06 AM) [snapback]179503[/snapback]

Good one, Duane!

Thank you.....thank you.... thankyou.gif

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church