Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12656&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:06:36 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Many Alleged Victims Of Tommy Shelton? 25+?, Rough Draft of List of Alleged Victims/Timeline
Whtz Happenin
post Jun 11 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Jun 11 2007, 09:28 AM) [snapback]199377[/snapback]

Thanks LaurenceD for the information. Hmmmm, I think I remember someone posting a link to a bunch of Church of God's. I wonder if he is at one of those? I will search for the link and see if there is an Oklahoma Church of God.

I found the link( http://www.churchofgodcv.org/addresses.aspx ) in Panama_Pete's post from August 10, 2006:
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=144189

LaurenceD and PeacefullyBewildered heard Jim Gilley make a reference to Tommy now being in Oklahoma. [From followup post by PeacefullyBewildered - "The reference to Danny's brother that I heard was for his brother Ronnie, not Tommy. "]
Does anyone else have information about this?

[Edited - more info needed]

This post has been edited by Whtz Happenin: Jun 15 2007, 07:37 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 11 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Jun 11 2007, 07:28 AM) [snapback]199377[/snapback]

Mozart, when you say "the other brother," are you referring to the Jim ?? that LaurenceD mentioned or are you meaning someone else?

i don't remember the details, i'm sure someone here knows. i just remember danny interviewing one of his brothers and saying , "you are a pastor now!" and the brother saying yes and that he was pastoring a church in OK. sorry, that's all i remember. hope someone else here can answer your question better. Mo

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 11 2007, 11:01 AM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Ronny was listed as being in OKMULGEE, OK. http://tinyurl.com/2laf2w

This post has been edited by lurker: Jun 11 2007, 11:46 AM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 11 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #79

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

WH,

The reference to Danny's brother that I heard was for his brother Ronnie, not Tommy.

The last I heard, the Glenn Dryden who is pastor of the Ezra Church of God in 3abn's neck of the woods is the son of the Pastor Glenn Dryden who wrote the letter of warning to Dr. Walt Thompson in May, 2003.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Jun 22 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jun 12 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]199683[/snapback]

Steffan,

Maybe you can help me on a few items.

I just heard that the number of underage victims from Virginia has gone from 1 to 3, and I've finally gotten a name of one of those and have some correspondence from him. Do Tommy and Danny have any plans for trying to make things right before the child molestation part of the scandal grows any bigger? Especially since, I believe, Virginia doesn't have a statute of limitations for things like this?

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 12 2007, 07:30 PM) [snapback]199691[/snapback]

This will be interesting to watch unfold. Do you anticipate this alleged victim making a statement available?

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jun 12 2007, 11:06 PM) [snapback]199721[/snapback]

PB,

Don't know what these alleged victims are going to do or not do.

QUOTE(lurker @ Jun 13 2007, 11:07 AM) [snapback]199765[/snapback]

In looking up the information on the statute of limitations, I found this which I thought might apply to Tommy's victims:Tolling the Statute

Statutes of limitations are designed to aid defendants. A plaintiff, however, can prevent the dismissal of his action for untimeliness by seeking to toll the statute. When the statute is tolled, the running of the time period is suspended until some event specified by law takes place. Tolling provisions benefit a plaintiff by extending the time within which he is permitted to bring suit.

Various events or circumstances will toll a statute of limitations. It is tolled when one of the parties is under a legal disability—the lack of legal capacity to do an act—at the time the cause of action accrues. A child or a person with a mental illness is regarded as being incapable of initiating a legal action on her own behalf. Therefore, the time limit will be tolled until some fixed time after the disability has been removed. For example, once a child reaches the age of majority, the counting of time will be resumed. A personal disability that postpones the operation of the statute against an individual may be asserted only by that individual. If a party is under more than one disability, the statute of limitations does not begin to run until all the disabilities are removed. Once the statute begins to run, it will not be suspended by the subsequent disability of any of the parties unless specified by statute.

The quotes above were made in the "Looks Like Ds Already Has His, "reward In Full!"" thread.
I pray that what Pickle has heard is not true. Let us continue to keep all involved in prayer.

Pickle, have you been able to find out any additional information about this?

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Jun 22 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Feb 23 2007, 05:06 PM) [snapback]180258[/snapback]

Timeline of Sexual Allegations of Tommy Shelton:

I could not find anywhere that listed all of the possible alleged victims of Tommy Shelton. I attempted to list them all below in order to grasp the possible magnitude of the number of alleged victims. This is a rough draft and as more information is posted I will update and re-post.

- The allegations are from the AToday article, posts at BlackSDA.com, Maritime-sda-online.org and/or Christianforums.com.
Please review and provide missing information.

Mid 1970’s

#1 (or more) -Allegations - About 30 year’s ago - Walt Thompson

Nineteen Eighty’s

#2 - 1982-83 School Year - Allegation by BD

#3 - Allegations of “three other boys”

#4 - Allegations of “three other boys”

#5 - Allegations of “three other boys”

#6 - October 1984 - Seen w/ one boy - Avery - (Possibly one of “three other boys”)

#7 - Allegation by Mother #1 of Victim

#8 - Allegation by Mother of GH

September 15, 1985 - Resigned as Pastor of Ezra Church of God (TS open letter)

October 25, 1985 - Ordination Suspended

#9 - Late 1985/Early 1986 - Allegation by DC

June 1986 (Approx) - Hired as Pastor of Ezra Church of God (TS open letter)

#10 - Around 1988 - Allegation by RC

#11 - “Victims that have not come forward” - post by PJMusic
- “…at least 5 other victims I know of that have not come forward yet.” - post by D. Clem

#12 - (2) “Victims that have not come forward”

#13 - (3) “Victims that have not come forward”

#14 - (4) “Victims that have not come forward”

#15 (or more) - (5) “Victims that have not come forward”

- At least 6 boys were sexually abused - Assume #’s (2-15) include - Dryden

Nineteen Ninety’s

#16 (or more) - Early 1990’s prior to resigning from Ezra - Further Allegations (Atoday)

1991 - Resigns from Ezra Church of God

1991 – Hired by 3ABN as Production Manager (Atoday)

#17 - (1991- 1992) - Employee allegation (Atoday)

1992 (Aprox) - Fired by 3ABN

- Result of employee allegations (AToday)

1992 (Aprox) - Hired by 3ABN to Promote 3ABN

- Traveled around by Bus singing and promoting

1995 - Hired as Assist. Pastor of Dunn Loring Church of God

1996 - Hired as Pastor of Dunn Loring Church of God

- Further allegations during time at Dunn Loring (Atoday)

#18 - One minor at VA Church - Dryden

#19 - Adult #1 at VA Church - Dryden

#20 - Adult #2 at VA Church - Dryden

#21 - Misconduct at VA Church - Unrelated to other 3 - Dryden (Martime #82093)

#22 - underage victims from VA has gone from 1 to 3…” (post by Pickle) (possibly #21)

#23 - underage victims from VA has gone from 1 to 3…” (post by Pickle)

Two Thousand’s

#24 - In 2000 - Family confronted - relationship with underage male (possibly #18) (Atoday)

#25 - 2000 - Family confronted - inappropriate relationship with son (Atoday)

2000 - Resigned as Pastor of Dunn Loring Church of God

(2000- 2002) (Aprox) - Hired by 3ABN as Archive Librarian

2001 - Surrendered Credentials to the Ministerial Council in VA (TS Open Letter)

June 2004 - Promoted by 3ABN to Programming Manager

December 2006 - Resigned from 3ABN

Notes:

a. Information about allegations in the 1970’s is not known [(-) 01/ (+) ??]

b. #6 may be included in “three other boys” [(-) 01/ (+) 00]

c. “Victims that have not come forward” [(-) 00/ (+) ??]

d. “At least 6 boys were sexually abused” [(-) 00/ (+) ??]

e. Further Allegations in Early 1990’s may be included elsewhere [(-) 01/ (+) ??]

f. #’s 18 and 24 may be the same victim [(-) 01/ (+) 00]

g. #’s 21 and 22 may be the same victim [(-) 01/ (+) 00]
Total number of alleged victims may be 25, as low as 20 or as high as an unknown number.

Post #1 has been updated. Note that no one has disputed anything in this list.

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Aug 28 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

This topic has drifted way down the list. Does anyone have information to further confirm the allegations or prove that the allegations are false? Can you provide support to any of the alleged victims that have [come] forward? Ones that have not come forward?

Let us continue to remember [in prayer] each of the alleged victims, the families involved, the church families that are involved and Tommy and his family. Truth is needed greatly.

[edit]

This post has been edited by Whtz Happenin: Aug 29 2007, 01:14 AM

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Aug 28 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Aug 29 2007, 01:26 PM) *
This topic has drifted way down the list. Does anyone have information to further confirm the allegations or prove that the allegations are false? Can your provide support to any of the alleged victims that have came forward? Ones that have not come forward?

Let us continue to remember each of the alleged victims, the families involved, the church families that are involved and Tommy and his family. Truth is needed greatly.

Thank you for bringing this topic back to the top of the list again. I can't help with more information, but appreciate it being drawn to people's attention again.

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Nandina
post Aug 29 2007, 06:46 AM
Post #84

Member No.: 4,282

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Jun 11 2007, 12:03 PM) *
I found the link( http://www.churchofgodcv.org/addresses.aspx ) in Panama_Pete's post from August 10, 2006:
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=144189

LaurenceD and PeacefullyBewildered heard Jim Gilley make a reference to Tommy now being in Oklahoma. [From followup post by PeacefullyBewildered - "The reference to Danny's brother that I heard was for his brother Ronnie, not Tommy. "]
Does anyone else have information about this?

[Edited - more info needed]

Tommy Shelton lives in Marion, Kentucky.

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Aug 29 2007, 08:04 AM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Aug 28 2007, 10:26 PM) *
This topic has drifted way down the list. Does anyone have information to further confirm the allegations or prove that the allegations are false? Can you provide support to any of the alleged victims that have [come] forward? Ones that have not come forward?

Let us continue to remember [in prayer] each of the alleged victims, the families involved, the church families that are involved and Tommy and his family. Truth is needed greatly.

[edit]

I know several of the victims personally, and have known them for many years. There is no doubt in my mind that these events actually transpired. While I still advocate prayer for Tommy, I also believe that he MUST pay for what he has done. It is far better for him to pay for it in this life than in eternity.

Can Tommy still make it to Heaven? I believe that he can, but if he does not come clean and make the necessary amends in this life, that's just not going to happen. Let us all pray that he will see the importance of coming forward.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 30 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Aug 29 2007, 07:04 AM) *
I know several of the victims personally, and have known them for many years. There is no doubt in my mind that these events actually transpired. While I still advocate prayer for Tommy, I also believe that he MUST pay for what he has done. It is far better for him to pay for it in this life than in eternity.

Can Tommy still make it to Heaven? I believe that he can, but if he does not come clean and make the necessary amends in this life, that's just not going to happen. Let us all pray that he will see the importance of coming forward.

justice4jesus,

I hope in your associations with these several alleged victims you can be a source of encouragement. I pray that somehow they will each see the freedom from the cycle of victimization that Duane has been able to experience by finally coming forward. I know it has been an inspiration to me.

I also continue to pray that Tommy will have the courage to break free of his own fears and finally, for his sake and for the good of any alleged victims, accept responsibility for whatever he has done. It will be the greatest gift he can give himself and those he may have harmed by the problem that he openly admitted to Duane in his emailed confession.

God tells us that He doesn't want any to perish. He loves us all and longs for each of us to choose life.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 30 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #87

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Aug 29 2007, 04:04 PM) *

Amen - to that. So you are close to the witnesses. . .

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:06 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church