Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12656&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:06:38 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Many Alleged Victims Of Tommy Shelton? 25+?, Rough Draft of List of Alleged Victims/Timeline
mozart
post Apr 26 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Apr 26 2007, 12:58 PM) [snapback]193122[/snapback]

What steps have been taken to bring the culprit to justice?

who can take those steps but the victims? on another thread here someone said that they hoped danny and doug would in some way address this matter and reach out to the perpretrator in an "annountability" way and reach out to the victims in a "supportive" way and bring things out in the open in a "healing" way. (i'm paraphrasing). thing of it is, i don't think anyone at 3abn will do anything unless they are forced by victims that became victims WHILE they were at 3abn. other than that, i dont see that they have any responsibility or inclination in the matter (other than moral maybe since some knew and employed a perpetrator) but i dont think they would open themselves up to that, even tho' they are suppose to be "mending broken people" and it would be their mission. unfortunately, that idealism seems to just be the words to a theme song.

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 26 2007, 02:09 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 26 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #47

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 26 2007, 05:08 PM) [snapback]193137[/snapback]

who can take those steps but the victims?

This is obvious. The question is, have any steps been taken?

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Apr 27 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Apr 26 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]193139[/snapback]

This is obvious. The question is, have any steps been taken?

seraph|m',
I just noticed that you are from DC Metro. How close are you to the church in VA where the most recent allegations have been made?

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Apr 27 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

I was looking around the 3ABN website and noticed something very interesting.

Note to website promoters
Unless your website belongs to a program, host, or special series currently featured on 3ABN, please do not contact us to have your website added to this list. 3ABN does not respond to third-party link requests.

One of the links, "Improving Your Piano Skills" at this web address, http://www.3abn.org/links.cfm, is to a site where you can purchase TS materials.

It looks like he is still hanging around.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 4 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #50

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Bump for info.....
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Just a Guy
post May 5 2007, 08:31 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 176

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ May 4 2007, 08:51 PM) [snapback]194154[/snapback]

Bump for info.....
snack.gif

Haven't you heard enough already? This is sick.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 5 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #52

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Just a Guy @ May 5 2007, 09:31 PM) [snapback]194276[/snapback]

Yes. It's actually the "sick" kind of stuff that the SDA as well as "other" churches like to keep as "lower" threads or "out of the news".....

....that way it can happen more..... (yeah - reads twisted...but that's exactly why some folks want it to stay hidden....)

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post May 5 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

TS is still, so to speak, on 3abn. For at least the past week or so they have been pushing a CD of him and Donna Klein, and showing them playing.
Some years ago I bought a Donna Klein cd without having heard it, hoping to get some organ music to play as people came in to the sanctuary before Sabbath School. I didn't use it. When I heard the music, I couldn't help but feel like I was in a skating rink instead of a church.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: May 5 2007, 10:20 PM

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 6 2007, 12:54 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif ooooooooooooo i remember those day. hehe good one.
QUOTE(Skyhook @ May 5 2007, 10:19 PM) [snapback]194298[/snapback]

TS is still, so to speak, on 3abn. For at least the past week or so they have been pushing a CD of him and Donna Klein, and showing them playing.
Some years ago I bought a Donna Klein cd without having heard it, hoping to get some organ music to play as people came in to the sanctuary before Sabbath School. I didn't use it. When I heard the music, I couldn't help but feel like I was in a skating rink instead of a church.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post May 6 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ May 5 2007, 09:46 PM) [snapback]194277[/snapback]

Yes. It's actually the "sick" kind of stuff that the SDA as well as "other" churches like to keep as "lower" threads or "out of the news".....

....that way it can happen more..... (yeah - reads twisted...but that's exactly why some folks want it to stay hidden....)

AMEN!! THANK YOU!!

QUOTE(Just a Guy @ May 5 2007, 09:31 PM)

I want to know what "sick" person is around to protect my child. furious.gif

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 6 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ May 6 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]194349[/snapback]

AMEN!! THANK YOU!!
I want to know what "sick" person is around to protect my child. furious.gif

you're speaking the truth now girl.

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post May 6 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Just a Guy @ May 5 2007, 10:31 PM) [snapback]194276[/snapback]

JAG,
Can you please expand on your thoughts? Are you saying that this just too sick to be discussed?

What I hear from your post is that you would rather this just not be talked about. I am asking in case that is not what you are saying. Thank you for your response.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 6 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Skyhook @ May 5 2007, 09:19 PM) [snapback]194298[/snapback]

rofl1.gif My mother thinks the same thing about Donna's organ playing. I think you would like her sister's organ style better but she doesn't have a record or cd or tape. giggle.gif

I watched the advertisement about TC and Donna Klein playing together. no.gif

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post May 6 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ May 6 2007, 07:59 PM) [snapback]194402[/snapback]

rofl1.gif My mother thinks the same thing about Donna's organ playing. I think you would like her sister's organ style better but she doesn't have a record or cd or tape. giggle.gif

I watched the advertisement about TC and Donna Klein playing together. no.gif

Rosyroi

I don't know how old Donna Klein is but maybe she use to watch Korla Pandit on TV. Does anyone remember him? If I recall, He or She, (that was a question in many minds) played the same kind of schmaltzy style.

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 6 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Skyhook @ May 6 2007, 06:31 PM) [snapback]194404[/snapback]

If I recall, He or She, (that was a question in many minds) played the same kind of schmaltzy style.

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif oh dear

--------------------

"

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:06 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church