Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12754&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:53:22 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linda Has Finally Updated Her Website, Check it out
Clay
post Mar 8 2007, 07:03 AM
Post #166

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

thanks Shaddo....... and that's why you will always be welcomed here.... you tell it like you see it....... spoton.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 8 2007, 07:14 AM
Post #167

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 3 2007, 07:24 AM) [snapback]181902[/snapback]

The part that you seem to be missing, Calvin, is that Linda is still being blocked from pursuing her ministry within the Adventist church. So long as she is being blocked on the grounds of Danny's accusations by authorities within the church, then the issue of her innocence or guilt is not an "old" issue that can be merely laid aside.

Now if the church authorities would change their directives, that no church "take sides" by inviting Linda to their church..... and change them publicly enough so that even individuals within the church heirarchy would not have to consider that their "future" with the church as being dependent on their expressed attitude to what Danny thinks and wants..... THEN there might be some way that Linda could keep completely silent about the past and merely "get on with her life".

Do you think this statement about individuals within the church heirarchy is too strong? Let me assure you that I did not fabricate this from my own imagination.... neither did I get this from Linda or any of those who are publicly on Linda's "side". But I got it directly from conversations with church employees.... some on a very high level.... and the message was not only clear, but explicit and unequivocal..... that any one who was far enough from retirement to need to think of their future in the church would be putting that future in jeopardy if they spoke out either against Danny or for Linda.

And just review the letter from Mabel Dunbar. This should give you an idea of how brave even a Conference supported ministry has to be in order to dare to use Linda in their ministry. And put with that the letter from Samantha to Mabel which explained the reason why Samantha's ministry could no longer cooperate with Polly's Place. And the earlier reports we had of Mabel Dunbar first receiving "warnings" that if she was friendly to Linda she would find her funding in danger... and later we had reports that this had indeed happened.

In the face of this kind of opposition, it is rather naive at best, and could certainly be considered cruel, to say disdainfully that all Linda needs to do is to get on with her life and work on her ministry. There is only so much that anyone can do to "develop a ministry" within the Adventist church with the kind of political pressure against her that has been the case for the past three years.

Sure... she could likely leave the Adventist church and develop a ministry very quickly among the opponents of Adventism. All she would need to do would be to be willing to "give her testimony" of how she had been maligned by the Adventist church. I don't think that is what you are suggesting that she do. At least I hope not.

I have great respect for Watchbird. I am aware of the comments that Dr. Dunbar has made, and I have discussed them with her. I agree with Watchbird that the accusations made against Linda are in the present day a real obstacle to her doing ministry. I also agree that there are denominational officals who either have bought into the truth of those charges, and have advised people to have nothing to do with Linda's ministry, or for various other reasons have advised people not to be publicly associated with Linda.

But, I will make a personal comment on what I beleive to be the other side to this issue. I believe that there are also denominational officials who either have taken a neutral position toward Linda, or have taken a more favorable position toward her. Some of these people may not be certain enough of the facts to publicly state their support of Linda. As a result of this division of thinking in regard to Linda, I believe that it is possible for denominational employees, and leaders, to publicly support Linda. At least I believe that if this is not true in some cases, it is quite true in other cases.

I can take this position based upon two facts:

1) I know of people who are either neutral, or supportive of Linda. These people do not go after others who support Linda.

2) My own personal position in this.

Let us look at my situation for a moment: I am an ordained SDA minister, credentialed by the General Conference. I think that all would agree that I support Linda. I have publicly taken the position, many times, that I do not believe that Linda ever gave Danny Biblical grounds to divorce her. As I have said, she may have burned his breakfast toast one (or several) morning(s). But, burnt toast in not Biblical grounds for divorce.

It should also be stated that people in the General Conference, to include those who credential me, are aware of the position that I have taken in regard to Linda, my public support of Linda, and my involvement in the Internet discussions of the issues. Do not think for one minute that they are not aware.

Regardless of my support for Linda, I do not fear any adverse action against me in regard to the position that I have taken, or in regard to my involvement in these discussions. No one in the General Conference has ever advised me to "cease and desist" so to speak. No one has ever advised me that my involvement in this might result in the withdrawal of my credentials, or any kind of other professional damage. Not once has this happened.

Some will say that this may be because I am not paid a salery by the denomination. I am paid by Federal tax funds. That is true. But, I work under Federal law that allows the General Conference to terminate my employment. That is right. SDA ministers should be subject to denominational oversight in employment situations where they represent the SDA church.

I will also say that I do not speak for the General Conference in regard to Linda and 3-ABN. My expressed opinoins are simply my personal opinon. No denominational official has ever told me to keep it up, that I am doing exactly what I should be doing.

My post is not a challenge to what Watchbird has posted. It is simply a statement to the effect that one should not assume that every denominational employee lives in valid fear of publicly supporting Linda. I do not live in such fear.

NOTE: I do not imply that Watchbird suggested some of the above as I have commented.

This post has been edited by Observer: Mar 8 2007, 07:15 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 8 2007, 07:26 AM
Post #168

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

the problem is not the stance that employees of the church take, my problem is that many in positions of power stood by while a public figure was trashed..... and they did nothing publicly.... that's my beef with those men or women in the church who knew..... they permitted Linda to be thrown under the bus.... and they have been indifferent....My basic position which the dannyclones cannot comprehend is simple... EVEN IF she did every thing she was accused of doing, she should not have been treated as she was....

We should be about restoration and keeping a person's dignity intact.... that is not what happened..... and that is what has ticked me off......

God forbid any of us be put in a position like that.... its clear that many in the church will DO NOTHING except watch as we are thrown under the bus.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 8 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #169

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 8 2007, 06:26 AM) [snapback]183723[/snapback]

the problem is not the stance that employees of the church take, my problem is that many in positions of power stood by while a public figure was trashed..... and they did nothing publicly.... that's my beef with those men or women in the church who knew..... they permitted Linda to be thrown under the bus.... and they have been indifferent....My basic position which the dannyclones cannot comprehend is simple... EVEN IF she did every thing she was accused of doing, she should not have been treated as she was....

We should be about restoration and keeping a person's dignity intact.... that is not what happened..... and that is what has ticked me off......

God forbid any of us be put in a position like that.... its clear that many in the church will DO NOTHING except watch as we are thrown under the bus.....

Clay, I understand your thinking. It is shared by many. As we who are supporting Linda have said, if she had not been treated the way she was treated, we would not be in this situation today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 8 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #170

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 8 2007, 09:50 AM) [snapback]183734[/snapback]

Clay, I understand your thinking. It is shared by many. As we who are supporting Linda have said, if she had not been treated the way she was treated, we would not be in this situation today.

And the little old ladies who give their pennies... or their millions.... before departing this life.... would never have a clue as to where the money went.

And the victims of various abuses of power would still be isolated from each other.... and no one would dare to speak out because they would know that no one would believe their stories, and their isolation would keep most of them from knowing that there were others who had been treated the same.

And the listeners of 3abn would go right on blissfully believing that Danny Shelton, the anointed one, was in truth the very "face of Adventism".

Until one day the bubble would burst.... and hardly anyone would be prepared for the bursting.

Is it not better that Danny exposed the kind of person he is in this way? Is it not better that Linda has been isolated as she has been these past three years than to still be by Danny's side when the bubble bursts? Is not God moving behind all that is said and done so as to expose evil wherever it has occurred or is occurring? Does he not know that we are slow learners and need time to absorb such information as has been coming to light gradually over the past three years?

God is still in control. He will not withhold all of his judgments on wickedness until the final consumation.

So we will continue to wait patiently on the Lord.... as He gradually unfolds to us all that we need to know. And we thank those who are helping Him in that process.... on whichever side of the fence they are standing.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 8 2007, 10:12 AM
Post #171

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 8 2007, 11:01 AM) [snapback]183753[/snapback]

Until one day the bubble would burst.... and hardly anyone would be prepared for the bursting.

Thank you WB.

I assume the following statement was made by Dr. Thompson and is found posted at save3abn.com.

Subject: RE: 3abn
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 01:32:10 +0200

If we like, we can continue to nurse this dialog of battle over Linda and involve the whole church and whole world in the warfare. Should we do so, God in His great mercy may still find a way to bring good out of it as He did when He took ancient Israel to Babylon. I would prefer that He have a more faithful people to give Him a better, more powerful witness.

http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...-commentary.htm

This was Dr. Thompson's wish and maybe it will be granted?

nw
C"i"

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 8 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #172

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 8 2007, 09:01 AM) [snapback]183753[/snapback]

And the little old ladies who give their pennies... or their millions.... before departing this life.... would never have a clue as to where the money went.

And the victims of various abuses of power would still be isolated from each other.... and no one would dare to speak out because they would know that no one would believe their stories, and their isolation would keep most of them from knowing that there were others who had been treated the same.

And the listeners of 3abn would go right on blissfully believing that Danny Shelton, the anointed one, was in truth the very "face of Adventism".

Is it not better that Danny exposed the kind of person he is in this way? Is it not better that Linda has been isolated as she has been these past three years than to still be by Danny's side when the bubble bursts? Is not God moving behind all that is said and done so as to expose evil wherever it has occurred or is occurring? Does he not know that we are slow learners and need time to absorb such information as has been coming to light gradually over the past three years?

God is still in control. He will not withhold all of his judgments on wickedness until the final consumation.

So we will continue to wait patiently on the Lord.... as He gradually unfolds to us all that we need to know. And we thank those who are helping Him in that process.... on whichever side of the fence they are standing.

Watchbird:

All of that may not be what God directed, but rather the consequences of the actions of some people who never realized either what was involved, or the consequences of their actions.

In any case, God is in charge, and leading. Our prayer is that we will continue to follow as God leads.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 8 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #173

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I said it before... I'll say it again.... Thompson is stupid... and Lomacang may be a pastor but he has no integrity or credibility.... IMO....

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 8 2007, 10:38 AM
Post #174

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 8 2007, 08:12 AM) [snapback]183754[/snapback]

Thank you WB.

I assume the following statement was made by Dr. Thompson and is found posted at save3abn.com.

Subject: RE: 3abn
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 01:32:10 +0200

If we like, we can continue to nurse this dialog of battle over Linda and involve the whole church and whole world in the warfare. Should we do so, God in His great mercy may still find a way to bring good out of it as He did when He took ancient Israel to Babylon. I would prefer that He have a more faithful people to give Him a better, more powerful witness.

http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...-commentary.htm

This was Dr. Thompson's wish and maybe it will be granted?

nw
C"i"

Me thinks that Walt may not or may have wanted things to come out another way - maybe he was feeling a bit uneasy about helping mr shelton get what he wanted.....maybe he knew it may end up this way because it just wasn't right, and this time the "wrong" was a BIG ONE! I wonder this because of what he wrote to Linda only two days earlier....

-------- Original Message --------
To: [Alyssa]
Subject: Letter for Linda
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 21:43:07 -0500

May 4th, 2004 letter to Linda, first paragraph
Dear Linda,

This is a copy of the letter that has been sent by FEDEX to you. While you may not understand now, someday you will realize that we are truly desirous of returning you to your home and ministry because we care about you. I plan to go to 3ABN tomorrow and will be available to talk with you if you have questions needing clarification.

Walt

(official fedx letter starts here)

I keep in mind that anything Walt may have been wrestling with over with himself was probably beaten down by Danny if he even mentioned it outloud to him. Bottom line is Walt CHOSE to carry out his mission.

And, if you notice, he sends this email showing a copy of what fedx is going to be delievering (and at what time? 10am or afternoon the next day?)letter out at 9pm to email (and when did he expect Linda to check her email exactly at this point?). So when is that actual 24 period start and end? If you see the dates of the following letters....hmm....Linda really doesn't get much, if any real response time. Hmmm...sounds like a "formality" in play, and Walt didn't even have to send her that email...was it because he knew she really had no time?

Sometimes it's better to make the hard RIGHT choices at the beginning and, as they say, JUST SAY NO. Oh, if we could do some things over....would they be done differently? Hope all is learned this time around that can be.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Mar 8 2007, 10:40 AM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 8 2007, 10:46 AM
Post #175

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 8 2007, 11:38 AM) [snapback]183759[/snapback]

Me thinks that Walt may not or may have wanted things to come out another way - maybe he was feeling a bit uneasy about helping mr shelton get what he wanted..

Sonshineonme:

I should have added TIC (tongue in cheek) to my response. But I find your thoughts/comments interesting and generous on Dr. Thompson's behalf considering my own reaction to the letter/email we are discussing.

nw
C"i"

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 8 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #176

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 8 2007, 08:46 AM) [snapback]183762[/snapback]

Sonshineonme:

I should have added TIC (tongue in cheek) to my response. But I find your thoughts/comments interesting and generous on Dr. Thompson's behalf considering my own reaction to the letter/email we are discussing.

nw
C"i"

Yes, I understood your TIC giggle.gif . There's an irony in his words. I myself see many things in play. I attempt to think from everyones position (some it's utterly impossible to do this with) and the choices they are making, and why they might make them.

In the end, he chose to do DS bidding. Possibly regretfully (either then or now), but you know he probably did it for "the ministry" and of course, the ends justify the means. Sad theology, isn't it? doh.gif

WAKE UP WAKE UP!!

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Chez
post Mar 8 2007, 11:06 AM
Post #177

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 8 2007, 10:57 AM) [snapback]183764[/snapback]

Yes, I understood your TIC giggle.gif . There's an irony in his words. I myself see many things in play. I attempt to think from everyones position (some it's utterly impossible to do this with) and the choices they are making, and why they might make them.

In the end, he chose to do DS bidding. Possibly regretfully (either then or now), but you know he probably did it for "the ministry" and of course, the ends justify the means. Sad theology, isn't it? doh.gif

WAKE UP WAKE UP!!

Linda will be vindicated in a big way. All of these people who perpetrated this scam along with the lies will suffer. They will reap what they've sown in a way none of us can imagine. Let us only sow good, justice, and fairness. Read Micah 6:8.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 8 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #178

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 8 2007, 09:01 AM) [snapback]183753[/snapback]

May I add, I thank God that there are those willing to see what is being exposed and support the process!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 9 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #179

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(shaddo @ Mar 8 2007, 02:17 PM) [snapback]183707[/snapback]

wave.gif wallbash.gif doh.gif Ok! I am in.... You who have not lived in the sub culture world of SDA ASI ministries groups will never understand the depth to which the SDA leadership will go to discredit, destroy, and uproot ONE individual for no other reason than they feel "threatened" by that individual and their personal stance on any given subject. I am NOT a 3ABN fan, nor have I ever been - but I know first hand the corporate corruption which has lurked behind the scenes within that TV debacle of a ministry. Now, if I, Mr. Nobody - can be slammed from the SDA pulpit, by confrence presidents, and receive harsh letters demanding ME to take my book out of circulation, and if the POWERS that be , can demand my membership to be removed. when I am not even a part of the bigger picture such as Linda was, - I will tell you first hand that - yes, the SDA leadership is very harsh and can "bury you" if you do not tow the line, or if you are not doing their bidding. I am NOT a supporter of anything having to do with 3ABN, past, present, or future. I just want everyone to know that I have experinced the affect of being "blackmailed" by the SDA leadership and it is real, life-long, and destructive on all levels. May the TRUTH triumph and may the LORD Jesus Christ be revealed as the Light of the world inspite of all the darkness which is pawned off as religious zeal and self-righteous indignation! PEACE OUT! scratchchin.gif

It seems like you have also had to suffer. This is what this is about. Some seem indifferent whhile others enjoy it when other people suffer. I know that Jesus cares.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 9 2007, 03:59 PM
Post #180

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 8 2007, 03:26 PM) [snapback]183723[/snapback]

Clay, what you say here is the core of the problem. I wrote to 3ABN in the middle of what was going on and pleaded with them to follow the example of Joseph as told in Matt. 1 as to how to del with this case. But they would not listen then. Now they are just obscuring it all in a fog to obliterate why they did not treat this case in a Christian manner.

QUOTE(Chez @ Mar 8 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]183769[/snapback]

Linda will be vindicated in a big way. All of these people who perpetrated this scam along with the lies will suffer. They will reap what they've sown in a way none of us can imagine. Let us only sow good, justice, and fairness. Read Micah 6:8.

All what Linda's supporters are requesting is that she no longer by tried by one instance after another where her side is not permitted to testify. That has now happened about 25 times. We are just asking for one fair trial when her side will be taken into consideration, something that has not yet taken place.

In the beginning Linda was ordered to stay away because all the evidence was so overwhelming against her that her presence would be embarrassing to her. What kind of justice is that in a Christian ministry?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church