Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12900&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:43:21 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn "on The Road" Again
Pickle
post Mar 23 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #91

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 23 2007, 06:57 PM) [snapback]187376[/snapback]

Mr. Pickle, Any visitors today?

No, no visitors here. Any visitors there?

This post has been edited by Pickle: Mar 23 2007, 06:08 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 24 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #92

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Had a visitor at church today, and plenty of geese flying overhead, but that's it.

How about you, wwjd?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 25 2007, 08:35 AM
Post #93

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

I have a hunch that wwjd was referring to Federal Marshals coming by my home to serve me papers. If they stop by around lunchtime tomorrow I'll see if they can stay for a bite to eat.

Paul was emphatic: "By the law is the knowledge of sin," and "Shall we continue in sin ... ? God forbid." That right there should tell us that Paul kept the Sabbath and taught others so.

Those that do the works of the flesh ain't going anywhere. The fruit of the Spirit, "against such there is no law." Therefore, what keeps those who do the works of the flesh out of glory is clearly the law.

"Let no man judge you." He never said God wouldn't judge us. He didn't say, "Let not God judge you." And in vs. 14 of Col. 2, he said, "Blotting out the handwriting ... nailing it." The 10 aren't handwriting. They're finger writing. You can't blot them out with a wet sponge or erase them with an eraser.

And even if you use a railroad spike and a sledgehammer, you ain't goin' nail them. The best you can do is break them if you dare try to nail them to the cross.

Makes a great sermon illustration when giving the 3 angels' messages. Start with a small hammer and small nails, and as your volunteer bends one nail after another, hand them larger nails and larger hammers.

The only problem might be, if you take it "on the road," is that the U.S. Border official may ask you why you're carrying a sledgehammer in your van on your return home from Canada. But just explain it all, and then later you can tell folks how you gave a Bible study on Col. 2:14-16 to the Border guard.

+Quote Post
Voktar of Zargon
post Mar 25 2007, 09:13 AM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,188

"I have a hunch that wwjd was referring to Federal Marshals coming by my home to serve me papers. If they stop by around lunchtime tomorrow I'll see if they can stay for a bite to eat."

Polycarp invited the soldiers who came to take him away to execution to stay and have a meal and rest awhile before they left with him. While they were eating he prayed for every Christian he knew in the empire - so the story goes.
Sorry to hear you may be served Bob. Keep us posted (no pun intended). We'll be praying for you all.
Voktar

This post has been edited by Voktar of Zargon: Mar 25 2007, 09:14 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 25 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #95

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Actually, from what I understand, it would likely be good news if it happened, though I'm skeptical it will ever happen.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 25 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #96

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Voktar of Zargon @ Mar 25 2007, 10:13 AM) [snapback]187635[/snapback]

"I have a hunch that wwjd was referring to Federal Marshals coming by my home to serve me papers. If they stop by around lunchtime tomorrow I'll see if they can stay for a bite to eat."

Polycarp invited the soldiers who came to take him away to execution to stay and have a meal and rest awhile before they left with him. While they were eating he prayed for every Christian he knew in the empire - so the story goes.
Sorry to hear you may be served Bob. Keep us posted (no pun intended). We'll be praying for you all.
Voktar

We see those "threats" are still floating around hmmm. blink.gif We have heard, the proof is in the pudding. giggle.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 25 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #97

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Have you seen the quotes from the Apostolic Consitutions given on http://www.pickle-publishing.com/papers/sunday-fraud.htm? Check under the Didache quotes.

I'm not sure when the word "papacy" was coined or when the bishop of Rome started being called "pope."

I think it a mistake if we concentrate on temporal power when stating what happened in 1798. The supremacy has to do with power over the conscience and over all pastors rather than temporal power. I am unaware of any kingly power that the papacy exercised in spiritual matters after the pope's capture in 1798.

Dan. 7:25 predicted that the little horn would think it had changed the times and laws. Just worshiping on Sunday instead of Saturday would not qualify as the specified change. There has to be a belief in a change in the 4th commandment itself to qualify.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Mar 25 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #98

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Pickle, LaurenceD, and V of Z, please stay on topic. Your other post have been moved to the Theology section on BSDA, this is where those discussions belong.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 25 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #99

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Thanks, Calvin. Apologies for veering off course. It must have been the papaphobia.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 26 2007, 08:33 AM
Post #100

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 26 2007, 03:29 AM) [snapback]187735[/snapback]

Pickle, LaurenceD, and V of Z, please stay on topic. Your other post have been moved to the Theology section on BSDA, this is where those discussions belong.

A very good idea!
yes.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 31 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 25 2007, 08:29 PM) [snapback]187762[/snapback]

Thanks, Calvin. Apologies for veering off course. It must have been the papaphobia.

rofl1.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 10 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #102

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 18 2007, 07:33 AM) [snapback]186063[/snapback]

So I wonder why she (SJ) was asked to leave 3ABN property when she tried to visit recently? Do you know, Lee?

Have we seen an answer to this question yet?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 12 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 17 2007, 11:33 PM) [snapback]186063[/snapback]

So I wonder why she (SJ) was asked to leave 3ABN property when she tried to visit recently? Do you know, Lee?

Lee - you disappeared!! I've been worried about you, but I see you are back today. Good!!
Does your return have anything to do with Aletheia's 3-day leave of absence??

Now, can you answer my question about Ms. Juarez??

Thanks!!

wave.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church