Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13002&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:02:34 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Definition Of Molestation, Penetration, Fondling, and Forced Sexual Viewing
mozart
post Apr 5 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 4 2007, 07:26 PM) [snapback]190056[/snapback]

mozart,
you are expressing an emotion that is very normal when faced with this subject. Unfortunately, I can tell that even you know castration is not the solution to deactivating a sexual predator. Their tool of destruction lies much higher on their body - behind their eyes. The only sure way of keeping them from their predatory ways is, first of all, identifying them and second, complete separation from potential victims

There was a time in my life that I used to imagine all kinds of lengthy, lingering, torturous deaths to those who had victimized me, other family members and children anywhere. Then, I gave as much of my damage as I could to the only One who can truly heal. I know He will deal with each predator as they deserve. I also know that He longs for each of those twisted souls to turn their lives over to Him and be saved.

I know without a doubt that I was forever changed by the victimization I lived through as a child. But I was not destroyed. As a survivor I now have been able to turn my experience from a scar into a gift. While I would love to have gone through childhood without the pain, I can now give thanks for even that and use the experience and my journey out of it to the glory of God.
PB
i failed to mention i meant that castration be done once they are behind bars for the rest of their lives. have you ever seen a violent eunuch?

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Apr 5 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 5 2007, 02:36 AM) [snapback]190077[/snapback]

i failed to mention i meant that castration be done once they are behind bars for the rest of their lives. have you ever seen a violent eunuch?

OUCH.......now that hurts.....but, doh.gif

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 5 2007, 04:09 AM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 4 2007, 04:54 PM) [snapback]190041[/snapback]

. . . i think castration would scare guys a lot more than jail. i'd bet on that.

I understand the emotion. But, do you understand the consequences?

Those you tell us would be more frightened of castration than jail would be the ones who would kill their victim. Your plan would increase the likelyhood of more deaths.

On the other side of it, studies have shown that many who commit crime do not believe that they will ever be caught. For those, castration would have no effect.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 5 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(nice&smooth @ Apr 4 2007, 10:32 PM) [snapback]190076[/snapback]

Morbib at least to me! scratchchin.gif But please continue looks like you guys will wear this one out!

nice&smooth,

What is your point? Do you want the subject to fade away, back into the denial that has left so many children victimized? The cycle of victimization is approaching epidemic levels in many countries and those are only the victims that we know about.

Awareness and action are the only way to combat this devastating behavior.

Gregory,

I agree that castration would most likely have that effect.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 6 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #20

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Bump!

Why - because some forget that the definition of molestation and must be reminded.

QUOTE(nice&smooth @ Apr 5 2007, 01:32 AM) [snapback]190076[/snapback]

Morbib at least to me! scratchchin.gif But please continue looks like you guys will wear this one out!

While the subject may be Morbid; at the same time it must be discussed...Why?

Again...

How can you stop something from happening without discussing it!

Per Dictionary.com

mor·bid /ˈmɔrbɪd/ Pronunciation Key

Spelled Pronunciation[mawr-bid]

adjective 1. suggesting an unhealthy mental state or attitude; unwholesomely gloomy, sensitive, extreme, etc.: a morbid interest in death.
2. affected by, caused by, causing, or characteristic of disease.
3. pertaining to diseased parts: morbid anatomy.
4. gruesome; grisly.

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 6 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Apr 6 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]190244[/snapback]

Bump!

Why - because some forget that the definition of molestation and must be reminded.
While the subject may be Morbid; at the same time it must be discussed...Why?

Again...

How can you stop something from happening without discussing it!

Per Dictionary.com

mor·bid /ˈmɔrbɪd/ Pronunciation Key

Spelled Pronunciation[mawr-bid]

adjective 1. suggesting an unhealthy mental state or attitude; unwholesomely gloomy, sensitive, extreme, etc.: a morbid interest in death.
2. affected by, caused by, causing, or characteristic of disease.
3. pertaining to diseased parts: morbid anatomy.
4. gruesome; grisly.

Hey DrRe,

I just read the NOTE in your signature line and had to chuckle. You have an awesome sense of humor!! And just for the record, the five years I spent paying a therapist were the best investment I ever made in myself!! She's a wonderful Christian lady and her advice has changed my life!!!

OK - I know that was offtopic.gif but to all of you who spend your days as "mental health professionals"... signthankspin.gif You are making a difference!!

Snoopy

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Apr 6 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Apr 6 2007, 04:47 PM) [snapback]190275[/snapback]

Hey DrRe,

I just read the NOTE in your signature line and had to chuckle. You have an awesome sense of humor!! And just for the record, the five years I spent paying a therapist were the best investment I ever made in myself!! She's a wonderful Christian lady and her advice has changed my life!!!

OK - I know that was offtopic.gif but to all of you who spend your days as "mental health professionals"... signthankspin.gif You are making a difference!!

Snoopy

Snoopy,

Most of us would probably be better classified as "mental health patients".

I'm Just Joking!!! Have a coke and a smile pepsi.gif , Uhh, I mean pepsi

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 6 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Apr 6 2007, 05:37 PM) [snapback]190285[/snapback]

Snoopy,

......definitely prefer Pepsi....!!!!!

wave.gif

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 7 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Apr 6 2007, 03:37 PM) [snapback]190285[/snapback]

Snoopy,

People who are different from the society they live in are the ones who will be classified as "mental health patients."

Pepsi? Only with pizza. Coke with a generous twist of lemon. yes.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 7 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 7 2007, 11:08 PM) [snapback]190396[/snapback]

People who are different from the society they live in are the ones who will be classified as "mental health patients."

Pepsi? Only with pizza. Coke with a generous twist of lemon. yes.gif

Hey Bear;

With your strong talent for appreciation of the best in food and drinks, how is it you stay so thin? I smell food and gain weight! I'm so jealous.

Can you come over and cook for me and my family? My family would love it too! Do you cook for a large amount of people, or do you just prefer a small group of 1-2? Would love to taste your haystacks! Still have your recipe. I must make those soon.

Your posts make my mouth water.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 7 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Fran @ Apr 7 2007, 09:35 PM) [snapback]190402[/snapback]

Hey Bear;

With your strong talent for appreciation of the best in food and drinks, how is it you stay so thin? I smell food and gain weight! I'm so jealous.

Can you come over and cook for me and my family? My family would love it too! Do you cook for a large amount of people, or do you just prefer a small group of 1-2? Would love to taste your haystacks! Still have your recipe. I must make those soon.

Your posts make my mouth water.

A few years ago someone told me that time and weight would catch up with me. I am six feet tall and now up to 170 pounds. Not many years ago I was at 130. It seems that white hair and pounds come on at the same time and rate.

And yes, I am certainly a fan of fine food! Particularly if I can leanr to fix it myself.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 8 2007, 01:50 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 7 2007, 10:44 PM) [snapback]190405[/snapback]

A few years ago someone told me that time and weight would catch up with me. I am six feet tall and now up to 170 pounds. Not many years ago I was at 130. It seems that white hair and pounds come on at the same time and rate.

And yes, I am certainly a fan of fine food! Particularly if I can leanr to fix it myself.

sowwy--- offtopic.gif bangin.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 8 2007, 03:42 AM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 8 2007, 02:50 AM) [snapback]190414[/snapback]

sowwy--- offtopic.gif bangin.gif

You are so correct!

There are so many sexually abused in society today. Society seems to think recovery is the victims problem.

The Victim "needs to get a grip!" they say.

Many don't know how to help them, so they will have to let someone else deal with it.

The story goes on and on......................................

What is the victim to do?
Who do they turn too?
Are they caught at such and early age that they believe abuse is like brushing your teeth and everyone does it?
If the abuser says, "If you tell I will hurt so and so?
Who is safe to go to?

One woman went to her spiritual leader about her husband only to be told, "I don't believe a word you have said!"

How does a very young victim know who to tell?

Who is safe and who is not safe?

Pretty soon the victim feels hopeless. Have you ever felt hopeless? They move away, but still have the nightmares. They marry and still have nightmares. Let's say the Abuser gets promoted to the Union or gets honored at some big affair. They hear about it. The Victim begins to think this is their fault. That is what they were told by the abuser!

The Victim's may forgive but they can never forget. It is always there. It determines how one thinks and it affects the decisions made in life. If they are abused early in life will they feel they are only acceptable to other abusers. They move on to abusive relationships.

Then one day they read there are many more victims out there that went through the same thing. You weren't crazy after all. Just what does a victim do to gain help to know what to do?

Thanks to God for "Polly's Place" for being available for SDA Victims of SDA Abusers as well as Victims of other denominations.

Ask your self these questions, then put yourself in the Victims shoes if you can. Usually an abuser has many victims. That is why there are laws to put the abusers into jail and remove them from society.

Some states are really cracking down. How long will we continue to allow one person to destroy the lives of so many people?

Finally, people are taking a stand, but many, many more try to pretend that this isn't real. They believe the abusers above the victims, and assume the victims are way out of their minds. This happens all the time in the Seventh-day Adventist church.

We tend to "not see" the facts! It is called selective seeing. Just read these posts and see how some people think the abuser is not guilty even though many victims have come forward.

The posts have to be bumped to bring matters to everyone's attention again. The subject is a thread stopper, just as the finances are. No one wants to talk about it. Probably because they too are victims or they have not a clue as to the subject at hand. Maybe it is because they, too, do not know how to help the situation of the Victim or the abuser.

I have to admit that I do not know how to help the victims. I don't know how to help the abuser! All I know is that it really needs to stop and stop ASAP!

All I do know is that the victims are in a prison and need to be set free!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 8 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

I really appreciate all that you have said here fran. i'd like to paste the url for Polly's Place so that if any seeing this would like to learn more and hopefully make a donation they may do that. God bless.

http://www.pollysplacenetwork.com/

QUOTE(Fran @ Apr 8 2007, 02:42 AM) [snapback]190418[/snapback]

You are so correct!

There are so many sexually abused in society today. Society seems to think recovery is the victims problem.

The Victim "needs to get a grip!" they say.

Many don't know how to help them, so they will have to let someone else deal with it.

The story goes on and on......................................

What is the victim to do?
Who do they turn too?
Are they caught at such and early age that they believe abuse is like brushing your teeth and everyone does it?
If the abuser says, "If you tell I will hurt so and so?
Who is safe to go to?

One woman went to her spiritual leader about her husband only to be told, "I don't believe a word you have said!"

How does a very young victim know who to tell?

Who is safe and who is not safe?

Pretty soon the victim feels hopeless. Have you ever felt hopeless? They move away, but still have the nightmares. They marry and still have nightmares. Let's say the Abuser gets promoted to the Union or gets honored at some big affair. They hear about it. The Victim begins to think this is their fault. That is what they were told by the abuser!

The Victim's may forgive but they can never forget. It is always there. It determines how one thinks and it affects the decisions made in life. If they are abused early in life will they feel they are only acceptable to other abusers. They move on to abusive relationships.

Then one day they read there are many more victims out there that went through the same thing. You weren't crazy after all. Just what does a victim do to gain help to know what to do?

Thanks to God for "Polly's Place" for being available for SDA Victims of SDA Abusers as well as Victims of other denominations.

Ask your self these questions, then put yourself in the Victims shoes if you can. Usually an abuser has many victims. That is why there are laws to put the abusers into jail and remove them from society.

Some states are really cracking down. How long will we continue to allow one person to destroy the lives of so many people?

Finally, people are taking a stand, but many, many more try to pretend that this isn't real. They believe the abusers above the victims, and assume the victims are way out of their minds. This happens all the time in the Seventh-day Adventist church.

We tend to "not see" the facts! It is called selective seeing. Just read these posts and see how some people think the abuser is not guilty even though many victims have come forward.

The posts have to be bumped to bring matters to everyone's attention again. The subject is a thread stopper, just as the finances are. No one wants to talk about it. Probably because they too are victims or they have not a clue as to the subject at hand. Maybe it is because they, too, do not know how to help the situation of the Victim or the abuser.

I have to admit that I do not know how to help the victims. I don't know how to help the abuser! All I know is that it really needs to stop and stop ASAP!

All I do know is that the victims are in a prison and need to be set free!

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 13 2007, 06:00 PM

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 14 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #30

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

This is a local story for all those who believe it is too late for TS to be charged for his deeds:

Child Psychiatrist accused and arrested for Child Molestation

Of special interest to you all will be the fact th the investigation took four years, and this man has been dodging molestation reports since the 1980's.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:02 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church