Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13104&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:43:49 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can One Defy The 3abn Board & Get Away With It?, Linda, Tommy, Danny, & Brandy
Snoopy
post Mar 29 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Mar 29 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]188745[/snapback]

I see both your points, Observer and Inga.

If the CEO appoints them, wouldn't the 3ABN board members be as influential as a pork roast at a Jewish Bar Mitzvah?

rofl1.gif That's a good one, Pete!!!

I also see both sides of the argument regarding the board. The big difference that I see between 3ABN and the SDA church structure is the ongoing question as to whether or not 3ABN is a business. Sure, they call themselves a ministry, but the Illinois tax case disagreed, and won thus far...

If 3ABN is truly a business, then perhaps the board should not be hand-picked by the CEO but rather appointed by the "shareholders in the pews".

If they truly are a ministry, then I guess the hand-picked idea is OK if that's how it works in the SDA structure, but then some other things should probably change... BTJM......

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 29 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Mar 29 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]188745[/snapback]

If the CEO appoints them, wouldn't the 3ABN board members be as influential as a pork roast at a Jewish Bar Mitzvah?

Seems like a good place to post something I posted over at maritime about dealing with the board, or trying to. Here is what I said to Daryls question - "Did Linda Shelton ask to meet with the 3ABN Board and was refused?"

my reply (also at http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/forums/...dbb1f#Post87230 )

"Daryl,

Some of what I know about the board issues.

In May of 2004, Dan told Linda things like,
-it won't do you any good to meet with the board
-your finished
-it will only humiliate you to go the board
and other things to discourage her from thinking that the board would listen to her. She had already heard one sided conversations of Dan on the phone with various board members (which there is no proof it was a real phone call with someone on the other side listening to Dan or not) telling them things about her, and he would hang up and come right to her and say
-it won't do you any good to go talk to them
-they think your this and such and your finished!

He wanted her to feel that it was hopeless and a done deal. She clearly knew that they were getting only one side - Dan's side - and that it would do no good to go the board and try to tell them anything herself. The board was mostly men, and she may have felt they had already accepted what Dan said and that was that.

At this time, as everything was moving very fast, she was an emotional wreck, feeling beat down, and that it seemed it was hopeless and a done deal for certain, that they wouldn't even listen to her, she decided to write a letter to the board (and I believe Johann helped her write this letter). This was during campmeeting time. In her letter she said "I guess I'm fired..." . She was writing this based on the things Dan said to her of how the board felt. She believed Dan as to what the board had told him already by this point. Looking back now, I'm sure she has great doubts about what was true coming from Dan in this regard.

After she wrote her letter to the board, no one on that board bothered to contact her about anything.

By December of 2005, Linda and Dr. Thompson had been emailing back and forth, Linda asking for a committee of people to meet with (and/or the board) and talk to, and that discussion continued until she received an email from Dan that basically said that if she was going to meet with anyone, Dan would have to be the one she went through, that he was not going to let her go around him. That ended that attempt.

Although, in Feb of 2005, she did contact both Larry Welch and May Chung. Larry said he wasn't the one to talk to, and May hung up on her.

She had made attempts to speak to board members. They were not interested."

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 29 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

I think its clear that the 3abn board is Danny, and Danny will not be defied....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
calvin
post Mar 29 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #19

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 28 2007, 05:42 PM) [snapback]188565[/snapback]

Anyone have any information that would help counter this latest material from http://www.Save3ABN.com/? Any examples of board directives that Linda defied? Copies of board minutes authorizing continued "employment" by Tommy Shelton? Copies of board minutes authorizing funneling of money to Brandy Elswick through that other non-profit?

By the way, how does one get copies of the board minutes? I've been wondering that for a long time. In a church setting, you just ask the church clerk and she would get them for you, but I don't know what to do in this situation.

I have an ethical problem with you asking for 3ABN board minutes here. If you do get the minutes, do not post them on BlackSDA without 3ABN written consent. I know enough about non-profit boards to know that board minutes are private and privileged communication.

Everyone, in your zest to get to the truth or for whatever reason you have an interest in 3abn, I will not expose BSDA or myself to any foreseen liability.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 29 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

SSOM- do you know why may chung would hang up on linda?

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 29 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(mozart @ Mar 29 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]188828[/snapback]

SSOM- do you know why may chung would hang up on linda?

Not much more then just May wasn't interested in talking to Linda or about anything with her, hence the hang up.

Do you know why?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Mar 29 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 29 2007, 04:24 PM) [snapback]188763[/snapback]

I have an ethical problem with you asking for 3ABN board minutes here. If you do get the minutes, do not post them on BlackSDA without 3ABN written consent. I know enough about non-profit boards to know that board minutes are private and privileged communication.

Everyone, in your zest to get to the truth or for whatever reason you have an interest in 3abn, I will not expose BSDA or myself to any foreseen liability.

Right on, Calvin, CYA!!!!!!! You are correct...those minutes are private.....yes.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 29 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 28 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]188650[/snapback]

There are 4 people involved who will testify to the fact that is a huge lie. The person that made that allegation to begin with was shown the proof otherwise but since he was removed he has to have something to stir the pot.

Got your proof ready to post yet, WWJD? I'm eager to see it, and I'll make sure that lots of people hear about it.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 29 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 29 2007, 08:08 PM) [snapback]188861[/snapback]

Got your proof ready to post yet, WWJD? I'm eager to see it, and I'll make sure that lots of people hear about it.

I will speak for him. The parties are ready, not to post but to testify.

+Quote Post
Hawk
post Mar 29 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 2,894

Are they ready to testify to the love of the 3ABN Jesus that you have accurately reflected here on BSDA? Are they ready to testify to the world how Christ-like their love for Linda, Gailon and Bob is? Are you ready to show us the 3ABN Jesus? BS? Or have you already done that?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 29 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Mar 29 2007, 05:35 PM) [snapback]188714[/snapback]

Know what, Clay? Like the old people say in the Caribbean, "ah gon' res' dem to de foot ah deh cross." That''s my resolution...to leave the 3ABN defenders, offenders, even the pretenders, at the foot of the cross.
yes.gif

Let this be our urgent prayer,

QUOTE(Hawk @ Mar 30 2007, 07:24 AM) [snapback]188897[/snapback]

Are they ready to testify to the love of the 3ABN Jesus that you have accurately reflected here on BSDA? Are they ready to testify to the world how Christ-like their love for Linda, Gailon and Bob is? Are you ready to show us the 3ABN Jesus? BS? Or have you already done that?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 30 2007, 07:02 AM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 29 2007, 10:48 PM) [snapback]188886[/snapback]

Well, I suppose that if people have sources to support their statements, and that other people who could provide contrary information refuse to do so, I would think that makes a difference.

Do courts wallop people for making statements that they believed to be true when called on the carpet by individuals who adamantly and stubbornly refused to correct the ones making the statements?

That just doesn't sound right in my mind. Newspapers all the time report how so and so declined to comment. Then so and so sues the newspaper for libel when they were given an opportunity to correct what they claimed to be a misperception?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 30 2007, 07:32 AM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Think about it.

A ministry has serious allegations being raised by people that are genuinely concerned. That ministry refuses to deal with the allegations by picking up the phone or writing emails to answer the questions people have. Sometimes they may say they don't have time for that as they write a huge missive.

That ministry instead maintains that they will answer the questions in court after they sue the ones asking the questions.

Which costs less? Answering the questions by phone or email? Or suing those who ask the questions and then answering the questions in court?

Is that ministry therefore a good steward of our funds or not? Can we trust them with our funds if they spend money so lavishly by suing people who ask questions rather than picking up the phone or writing an email, when their preferred method of answering questions is by suing others?

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 30 2007, 02:28 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 29 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]188886[/snapback]

scratchchin.gif uhm.gif "i will speak for him"???

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 30 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

They are very close, use the same computer, have even accidentally used the same persona, have misspelled the same words (spelled "etc" "ect" until they both learned of the mistake and are now both spelling it correctly - incidentally, Danny spells it "ect" as well), per Lee they share the same nephew. I think Bystander is qualified to speak for wwjd if anyone is.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church