Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13104&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:43:55 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can One Defy The 3abn Board & Get Away With It?, Linda, Tommy, Danny, & Brandy
LadyTenor
post Apr 1 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #46

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Apr 1 2007, 01:44 AM) [snapback]189284[/snapback]

rofl1.gif

What lawsuit is this?! I keep hearing that folks are filing lawsuits! Where is it? What claim is it based on? Do folks know the penalties for filing lawsuits based on frivilous claims?!

It's times like these that almost want me to pursue a legal career again!

rofl1.gif
QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Apr 1 2007, 02:34 AM) [snapback]189298[/snapback]

blink.gif Well, Mr. Joy and Mr. Pickle will be looking for representation. Maybe you can offer them your assistance. As far as any suit is concerned, a little patience may be in order . . . but you won't be let down.

- FHB

I am not licensed in any state to offer representation, and I am not interested in licensing myself at this time. I am, however, fully educated in the law and have the degree. Please note my signature at the bottom of my posts.

Having said that, your post above still does not answer my questions.....

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 1 2007, 01:30 PM) [snapback]189341[/snapback]

why are counties called "dark counties?" Only because we think that the adventist message hasn't been there? Are we arrogant enough to think that because we haven't been there that God hasn't?

ok... sorry back on topic....

I, too, am wondering why some counties are called "dark", but I do not want to jump to conclusions....

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Apr 1 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 1 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]189341[/snapback]
why are counties called "dark counties?" Only because we think that the adventist message hasn't been there? Are we arrogant enough to think that because we haven't been there that God hasn't?

What a great point! That is exactly the meaning I recall as a kid. We really were/are a arrogant bunch.

On a side note, I do recall going out on many Saturday nights looking for those "dark" counties. We were pretty sure they were having some serious fun in those counties and wanted to see for ourselves.

-Yogi

--------------------

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Apr 1 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #48

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Apr 1 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]189349[/snapback]

On a side note, I do recall going out on many Saturday nights looking for those "dark" counties. We were pretty sure they were having some serious fun in those counties and wanted to see for ourselves.

-Yogi

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 1 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Apr 1 2007, 01:34 AM) [snapback]189298[/snapback]

blink.gif Well, Mr. Joy and Mr. Pickle will be looking for representation. Maybe you can offer them your assistance. As far as any suit is concerned, a little patience may be in order . . . but you won't be let down.
- FHB

Thanks for the April 1st, April Fools Day, joke.
This was the right day for it.

roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Apr 1 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #50

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

Clay,

I think the best answer to that starts with why we talk about the "light of truth" and the "darkness of error or ignorance." Basically, it's a biblical principle. God is light (1 John 1:5).

Paul was so sent, according to his own words: "Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me." Acts 26:17-18

And Ellen White reiterated the concept:

Let Christian Families Enter Dark Counties.--God calls for Christian families to go into communities that are in darkness and error, and work wisely and perseveringly for the Master. To answer this call requires self-sacrifice. While many are waiting to have every obstacle removed, souls are dying without hope and without God in the world. Many, very many, for the sake of worldly advantage, for the sake of acquiring scientific knowledge, will venture into pestilential regions and endure hardship and privation. Where are those who are willing to do this for the sake of telling others of the Saviour? Where are the men and women who will move into regions that are in need of the gospel, that they may point those in darkness to the Redeemer? {AH 488.2}
If families would locate in the dark places of the earth, places where the people are enshrouded in spiritual gloom, and let the light of Christ's life shine out through them, a great work might be accomplished. Let them begin their work in a quiet, unobtrusive way, not drawing on the funds of the conference until the interest becomes so extensive that they cannot manage it without ministerial help. {AH 489.1}

It is just such a light that we are all called to be, "you in your corner, I in mine."

Greenie

Edit: I have seen just such "dark counties" on this earth, though some might better be termed "dark provinces." There are STILL entire provinces in Thailand, for example, with zero Adventist presence (e.g. no members, no church, no medical work, no school, no Christian radio or television coverage in the local language, etc.). I have been in villages where no one would have heard about the Christian God before. They certainly had not seen a real-live "foreigner" before--and they couldn't help staring.

This post has been edited by Green Cochoa: Apr 1 2007, 12:29 PM

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Apr 1 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 1 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]189341[/snapback]

Anywhere Jesus is not welcome is a dark place. Most the time the location of darkness is in the heart of the one who will not see the light.

Luk 1:77-79
(77) To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
(78) Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
(79) To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

2Pe 1:18-21
(18) And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
(19) We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
(20) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation.
(21) For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Col 1:12-13
(12) Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
(13) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

I thank my God, He has delivered me from Darkness, and given me His Light. Now He wants us to take His light to the DARK world.

Mat 5:14
(14) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 1 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

Great replies people, but how'd we get on this topic?

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 1 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

One could look at it this way: God never commissioned us to achieve a numbers goal, but He did give us a territory goal: Every nation, kindred, tongue, and people.

Further, in 9T 28, 29, it states that we are to raise up memorials in every city and village on the planet. And as 7T 105 and other passages make clear, what that means is that we are to raise up church buildings, school buildings, etc., physical structures that might be "humble in appearance" as memorials to the true Sabbath.

So a dark county could be considered a county that does not yet have a lighthouse serving as a memorial to the true Sabbath given by God in Eden. And without that sort of lighthouse, things aren't as bright as the Lord would have them be.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Apr 1 2007, 12:59 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 1 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

LT According to Bystander, wwjd, Lee, FHB, and Aletheia. Danny/3ABn are aupposed to be in the midst of suing Gailon Joy, Pickle, Sister(even though they dont' know who she is), and pretty much anybody(if I remember correctly they even threatened Kevin a time or two with civil action) who has had something negative to say about Danny, and therefore 3ABN, here at BSDA.

This is why they are not free to divulge any of the mountains of evidence they "have" which disproves and allegations here. So Lee wants us to tbe patient and rust her, bastion of turth that she is, that the lawsuit is coming and eeeeeeverything will come out then. and people will pay for crossing Danny and 3ABN, etc., etc., etc...........Got it?
giggle.gif

Save3aBN.com,and anyother internet site.
QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Mar 31 2007, 10:44 PM) [snapback]189284[/snapback]

rofl1.gif

What lawsuit is this?! I keep hearing that folks are filing lawsuits! Where is it? What claim is it based on? Do folks know the penalties for filing lawsuits based on frivilous claims?!

It's times like these that almost want me to pursue a legal career again!

rofl1.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 1 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #55

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Don't forget when Task Force told Calvin that a lawsuit was coming his way too.

QUOTE(task force @ Feb 2 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]174670[/snapback]

What a joke you are...Such PRIDE! It's oozing out of you! Now who's whinning? I will adhere to the "terms of service" when you do!
Sure remove my membership "Boss" that won't stop the lawsuit coming your direction!

And he ought to know, even if he doesn't. http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...-marriage-1.htm

This post has been edited by Pickle: Apr 1 2007, 01:25 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 1 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #56

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 1 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]189362[/snapback]

Great replies people, but how'd we get on this topic?

Mozart,

Brother Clay brought it up and it is a good one.

Greenie,

I wonder if the Advent Message has brought any light into Thompsonville, in Franklin County, Illinois? If not, how do you suppose that this community just outside the doors of 3abn would receive it?

Lee,

How close do you live to Thompsonville? How's that light shining these days?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 1 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #57

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

It is arrogant for us to think that just because people haven't heard of seventh day adventists that they have not heard about Jesus.... in some of these so called "dark counties" there are baptists, methodists, etc who love the Lord and are in relationship with him... to suggest that they must become adventist to be "saved" is ummmm wrong........

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 1 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Of course you're right on that, Clay.

And if we had said that there were no Jews at the birth of Christ that were saved, that would be wrong too. There were Jews that were in relationship with God too.

But that doesn't mean that God's will was not for those Jews to have more light shine on their pathway.

Likewise, God wants those of all faiths to know more about Jesus, to know about the special day Jesus calls His day, to know about His soon, non-secret, catastrophic return, to know about His judgment now going on in His sanctuary in heaven, to know about how Babylon has fallen and how all His people must come out.

God has turned on special light in these last days for all His children to see, and He has commissioned a special people to shine that light.

And that is no more arrogant than the fact that God placed a special people in Canaan around 1400 BC in order to shine special light into the Gentile world, and prepare a people to accept Christ at His first coming.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 1 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 1 2007, 05:48 PM) [snapback]189400[/snapback]

Of course you're right on that, Clay.

And if we had said that there were no Jews at the birth of Christ that were saved, that would be wrong too. There were Jews that were in relationship with God too.

But that doesn't mean that God's will was not for those Jews to have more light shine on their pathway.

Likewise, God wants those of all faiths to know more about Jesus, to know about the special day Jesus calls His day, to know about His soon, non-secret, catastrophic return, to know about His judgment now going on in His sanctuary in heaven, to know about how Babylon has fallen and how all His people must come out.

God has turned on special light in these last days for all His children to see, and He has commissioned a special people to shine that light.

And that is no more arrogant than the fact that God placed a special people in Canaan around 1400 BC in order to shine special light into the Gentile world, and prepare a people to accept Christ at His first coming.

sabbath observance does not earn one brownie points and cannot save.... It is Jesus, and only Jesus.... not Jesus + the sabbath or Jesus + diet.... even though as adventists we seems to make it seem that the "pluses" are important....

God's light has remained the same.... It is Jesus, and only He who saves..... nothing more... nothing less....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 1 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Of course, but saved from what? "Thou shalt call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins." And what is sin? "By the law is the knowledge of sin." Thus there is something missing whenever people aren't told that Jesus came to save them from their rebellious or ignorant refusal to abstain from their own work on His holy day.

We've been called to preach the Full Gospel.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church