Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13104&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:43:51 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can One Defy The 3abn Board & Get Away With It?, Linda, Tommy, Danny, & Brandy
Lee
post Mar 30 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,957

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 30 2007, 08:32 AM) [snapback]188960[/snapback]

Think about it.

A ministry has serious allegations being raised by people that are genuinely concerned. That ministry refuses to deal with the allegations by picking up the phone or writing emails to answer the questions people have. Sometimes they may say they don't have time for that as they write a huge missive.

That ministry instead maintains that they will answer the questions in court after they sue the ones asking the questions.

Which costs less? Answering the questions by phone or email? Or suing those who ask the questions and then answering the questions in court?

Is that ministry therefore a good steward of our funds or not? Can we trust them with our funds if they spend money so lavishly by suing people who ask questions rather than picking up the phone or writing an email, when their preferred method of answering questions is by suing others?

"genuinely concerned?" WHAT? Genuinely concerned-sure-- that 3abn goes DOWN the tube Pickle. You can't lie in a courtroom.

Pickle--I am shouting here so you will get it--are you listening?: 3ABN IS NOT USING YOUR DONATIONS OR ANYONE ELSE'S IN THIS LAWSUIT. I've said this already so many times. Someone else is giving 3abn the money they need to cover all expenses in this NEEDLESS lawsuit because some "people" think they know the truth about 3abn.

3ABN is audited. Do you know anything about someone being audited? NO, they are NOT using donations for this lawsuit. Oh and Pickle, your spin on things won't fly in court. You will be pinned to the floor and you won't be able to squirm out of it.

Oh and you are not the victim here Pickle. You ASKED for it when you started posting your missives on the save3abn NOT forum. So don't try your crybaby victim stuff here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 30 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 30 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]189056[/snapback]

"genuinely concerned?" WHAT? Genuinely concerned-sure-- that 3abn goes DOWN the tube Pickle. You can't lie in a courtroom.

Pickle--I am shouting here so you will get it--are you listening?: 3ABN IS NOT USING YOUR DONATIONS OR ANYONE ELSE'S IN THIS LAWSUIT. I've said this already so many times. Someone else is giving 3abn the money they need to cover all expenses in this NEEDLESS lawsuit because some "people" think they know the truth about 3abn.

3ABN is audited. Do you know anything about someone being audited? NO, they are NOT using donations for this lawsuit. Oh and Pickle, your spin on things won't fly in court. You will be pinned to the floor and you won't be able to squirm out of it.

Oh and you are not the victim here Pickle. You ASKED for it when you started posting your missives on the save3abn NOT forum. So don't try your crybaby victim stuff here.

what venom you have lee. God have mercy on you.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 30 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Lee,

I suppose you'll be in court too, and we can meet in person?

Really, I could care less whose money they are using, because it isn't the donor's money. It is God's money. And I question the stewardship practices of any ministry that would use God's money in such an irresponsible and senseless way as suing those who ask questions in an attempt to avoid answering questions1.

I remain genuinely concerned regarding the potential damage to the Seventh-day Adventist Church and message that the scandals of Danny et. al. may cause, as well as for the stability and effectiveness of the global ministry of 3ABN.

If you had come by here almost one year ago, you would have seen a billboard across from Wal-Mart advertising TCTR. I did the work on that billboard, whatever work was left after downloading the artwork. I arranged for the purchase of that space. My time was gratis.

I think it was Doug Batchelor's series that was my first billboard. There were two of them, one across from West Acres Mall in Fargo, and the other on a busy corner in Moorhead. 3ABN's logo and the local cable channel appeared right there on the billboard along with our church's address.

It was my idea to advertise the cable channel in the newspaper, on the billboard, and in posters in order to entice people to watch at home who were too afraid to come through the door of our church building. The members here bought into the idea. I think it was a good one. And arranging for and laying out all the advertising fell on my shoulders.

Doing all that meant two versions of ads at least, since where I live is a different cable TV company than where our church is. Yes, I did different ads, and I think I ran ads throughout the series in my home town. There is no church here. Just a local phone company that offers cable TV, with 3ABN as one of the basic channels.

I registered a whole bunch of towns on A-Facts' website, advertising it as appearing on 3ABN on cable. When A-Facts or whoever saw that, they got rid of all but the live sites. I called them and argued a bit, but they just felt that live sites were better and that that was what they wanted to use the website for. Oh well.

Lee, you need to find out a little where someone is coming from before you haul off and start hurling accusations.

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Mar 30 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 30 2007, 05:48 PM) [snapback]189056[/snapback]

3ABN IS NOT USING YOUR DONATIONS OR ANYONE ELSE'S IN THIS LAWSUIT. I've said this already so many times. Someone else is giving 3abn the money they need to cover all expenses in this NEEDLESS lawsuit because some "people" think they know the truth about 3abn.

Lee,

I cannot recall, but I don't think I have posted anything to you before. If I have, I apologize for the lack of memory.

I came home this afternoon, and logged in. I went through each post, and was kinda shocked at how many times JUST TODAY you and Bystander have talked about the coming lawsuit. I almost said threatened lawsuit, but I am trying not to escalate the tension.

I am not sure if I read it in Danny's messages or if I saw it on Danny's programs (Since I have not been home long, I did not take the time to go back and try to find the info), but I am quite sure I heard Danny (either in writing or video) say that he had been convicted by the Lord because he was trying to fight his own battles.

He said that he confessed and repented, and was no longer going to fight, but would let the Lord fight for him.

Why then does Danny's side keep saying (almost said threatening) these lawsuits?
Do you not care what the bible teaches about Christians taking other Christians before the law?

1Co 6:1-7
(1) Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
(2) Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
(3) Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
(4) If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
(5) I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
(6) But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
(7) Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

Paul asked some questions here that each of us ought to ask ourselves.

I have heard both sides say they have evidence. Most recently is the documentation for the accusations against Gailon Joy. When proof of the documentation is requested, nothing is presented.

The name of the financial institute (Primus), the amount of the claim, etc., has been given. Why will no one produce the actual document. Those involved have asked for it to be posted. Why won't Danny's side produce it?

Linda has written a letter asking that proof be made public. Why would Danny's side choose to disregard the command of the Lord, and continue to talk about lawsuits?

I am not asking of one side what I have not asked of the other. If you go back through my posts, you will find where I requested that Linda take the route that Joseph took, while in prison in Egypt.

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Mar 19 2007, 01:36 AM)

And for Linda, the story of Joseph keeps coming to mind. He was cast in to a pit, sold as a slave, accused of rape, and thrown in prison. He tried to work it out on his own. By talking to the baker Joseph tried to secure his own release. The Lord worked IN HIS TIME, and Joseph was elevated to a high position.

I would like to see Linda allow the Lord to work for her. If she makes the way, she will never be where God could take her.

edited a spelling error

This post has been edited by lookin4truth: Mar 30 2007, 05:08 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 30 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

And lookin4truth, it is amazing to see that Danny has told Linda in writing that if she sues, she will lose all credibility, and Adventists just won't stand for it. Something like that.

Now after writing that, I think multiple times, how can he and his crowd threaten to sue over and over and over again? For years? And never actually do it? Until maybe now? Because they have no other choice? Except maybe to say ... "I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?"

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Mar 30 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(mozart @ Mar 30 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]189043[/snapback]

scratchchin.gif uhm.gif "i will speak for him"???

Exactly Mozart, I caught that too. thumbdown.gif

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Mar 31 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Mar 30 2007, 06:42 PM) [snapback]189079[/snapback]

Lee,

I cannot recall, but I don't think I have posted anything to you before. If I have, I apologize for the lack of memory.

I came home this afternoon, and logged in. I went through each post, and was kinda shocked at how many times JUST TODAY you and Bystander have talked about the coming lawsuit. I almost said threatened lawsuit, but I am trying not to escalate the tension.

I am not sure if I read it in Danny's messages or if I saw it on Danny's programs (Since I have not been home long, I did not take the time to go back and try to find the info), but I am quite sure I heard Danny (either in writing or video) say that he had been convicted by the Lord because he was trying to fight his own battles.

He said that he confessed and repented, and was no longer going to fight, but would let the Lord fight for him.

Why then does Danny's side keep saying (almost said threatening) these lawsuits?
Do you not care what the bible teaches about Christians taking other Christians before the law?

1Co 6:1-7
(1) Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
(2) Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
(3) Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
(4) If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
(5) I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
(6) But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
(7) Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

Paul asked some questions here that each of us ought to ask ourselves.

I have heard both sides say they have evidence. Most recently is the documentation for the accusations against Gailon Joy. When proof of the documentation is requested, nothing is presented.

The name of the financial institute (Primus), the amount of the claim, etc., has been given. Why will no one produce the actual document. Those involved have asked for it to be posted. Why won't Danny's side produce it?

Linda has written a letter asking that proof be made public. Why would Danny's side choose to disregard the command of the Lord, and continue to talk about lawsuits?

I am not asking of one side what I have not asked of the other. If you go back through my posts, you will find where I requested that Linda take the route that Joseph took, while in prison in Egypt.

edited a spelling error

Lee,

You posted an answer to another post I made today, on another thread, so I wanted to BUMP this post forward, because I thought you may have missed it.

Please respond.

L4T

ps If you scan up a few posts, you will see the original, with the quote I took from you, and the quote about Joseph.

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Mar 31 2007, 11:44 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 29 2007, 11:48 PM) [snapback]188886[/snapback]

I will speak for him. The parties are ready, not to post but to testify.
QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 30 2007, 04:48 PM) [snapback]189056[/snapback]

rofl1.gif

What lawsuit is this?! I keep hearing that folks are filing lawsuits! Where is it? What claim is it based on? Do folks know the penalties for filing lawsuits based on frivilous claims?!

It's times like these that almost want me to pursue a legal career again!

rofl1.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Apr 1 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Apr 1 2007, 01:44 AM) [snapback]189284[/snapback]

rofl1.gif

What lawsuit is this?! I keep hearing that folks are filing lawsuits! Where is it? What claim is it based on? Do folks know the penalties for filing lawsuits based on frivilous claims?!

It's times like these that almost want me to pursue a legal career again!

rofl1.gif

blink.gif Well, Mr. Joy and Mr. Pickle will be looking for representation. Maybe you can offer them your assistance. As far as any suit is concerned, a little patience may be in order . . . but you won't be let down.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Hawk
post Apr 1 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 2,894

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 30 2007, 04:48 PM) [snapback]189056[/snapback]

You will be pinned to the floor and you won't be able to squirm out of it.

Lee, you represent 3ABN here on BSDA. Your words and what is behind them represent the ""Christianity that 3ABN represents to the world. Will your Jesus, the one who 3ABN takes to the world, gloat about pinning someone to the floor and spout vitriolic sarcasm and hatred to people who you claim are misled. Perhaps your words, as a representative of 3ABN here, should be taken to the world as a warning of the true nature of the "Jesus" you are trying to teach them about. That "Jesus" who you represent here would not be someone I would care to meet in a dark alley, or anywhere else. Way to much hatred in that "Jesus."

Well, Mr. Joy and Mr. Pickle will be looking for representation. Maybe you can offer them your assistance. As far as any suit is concerned, a little patience may be in order . . . but you won't be let down.

- FHB

In terms of Christianity... "Well, Mr. Joy and Mr. Pickle will be looking for representation of Jesus. Maybe you can offer them your assistance. As far as hell is concerned, a little patience may be in order . . . but you won't be let down."

This the the 3ABN/Shelton love of Jesus. Sarcastic venom is the "Jesus" you represent.

This post has been edited by Hawk: Apr 1 2007, 01:20 AM

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 1 2007, 03:41 AM
Post #41

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 30 2007, 04:48 PM)

Lee;

Mr Pickle has stated many times he is not trying to destroy 3ABN! Maybe you could restate that sentence more accurately to make that statement true? Right now it is not true.

You said, "You can't lie in a courtroom."

Since When? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Maybe a better statement would be, "It is against the law to tell a lie while under oath as a witness ,while court is in session. IF caught, you will be charged with perjury. Or something along those lines. You are the legal one. I am sure you could word that differently also, don't you?

The reason I say this is that I know for a fact that some people LIE on the witness stand when questioned. They even lie to their LAWYERS! There are some people that lie even if there is no reason to lie.

However, pathological liars forget the lies they told yesterday and to whom they lied to. It makes it difficult to keep their stories straight! I am also 99.9% sure you have recently read some examples of this type of liar.

This post has been edited by Fran: Apr 1 2007, 03:43 AM

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 1 2007, 03:59 AM
Post #42

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 30 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]189056[/snapback]

3ABN is audited. Do you know anything about someone being audited? NO, they are NOT using donations for this lawsuit.

You confuse me.

If the gift of the funds needed to prosecutethe lawsuit is not a donation what is it? As I understand IRS regulations, dontaions may be gifts of money, as well as services, and more. If, as you say, that gift is to 3-ABN, should not that gift be accounted for on 3-ABN books, and should not the donor be eligibe for a cheritiable deduction on the donor's tax return?

NOTE: I happen to believe that you are honest in what you say. But, I am confused. It deos not make sense to me. So, I assume that I am wrong. Please clairfy my confusion.

Thank you,

This post has been edited by Observer: Apr 1 2007, 04:04 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 1 2007, 10:12 AM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Lee,

Here's just one of the ads I did (with the artwork supplied by AFacts or Color Press) and placed in the weekly paper in this dark county, an ad advertising 3ABN:

IPB Image

How many of these would you like to see?

Please share with us different things you've done to promote and support 3ABN in your local community.

Fallible, I think we'd all be interested in hearing of ways you've done that too.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Apr 1 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 1 2007, 12:12 PM) [snapback]189330[/snapback]

Fallible, I think we'd all be interested in hearing of ways you've done that too.

I think we would also be interested to hear what Fallible's church board said about inviting Linda to speak as it surely has been enough time since he said he took it to them for them to have had a meeting and gotten back to him.

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 1 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #45

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

why are counties called "dark counties?" Only because we think that the adventist message hasn't been there? Are we arrogant enough to think that because we haven't been there that God hasn't?

ok... sorry back on topic....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church