Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13208&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 05:02:41 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Color Line.... In The Church?, how are we divided?
SoulEspresso
post May 26 2007, 08:04 AM
Post #136

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Clay @ May 19 2007, 05:47 AM) [snapback]196055[/snapback]

exact-lee...... we believe that God can forgive us of our sins, change our lives, make us new, but ummmm we have to wait until he comes to solve the color issue here in the U.S. Interesting indeed.....

Well, there's nothing wrong with us! We're the remnant!

QUOTE(LeePaDee @ May 19 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]196069[/snapback]
How typical, as we learn from the Gospels, those that lead the church organization choose not to follow the Holy Spirit. Rather, they are concerned with how to make the org *look* good, according to some idea that is not from God.

The organization has its advantages, but one of the glaring disadvantages is that it concentrates power in the hands of men who are not sanctified enough for the job.

I say that as one who believes he is not sanctified enough for the job.

And I say "men" because there aren't enough women in leadership roles to lump them in with us turkeys.

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ May 17 2007, 09:19 AM) [snapback]195912[/snapback]

I came across this in today's Washington Post... the demographic paradigm shift we are seeing in our own church is not restricted to Adventism... the article in question says the following in part:
The rest of the article is here

Great article. After all, North America is the third-largest mission field in the world.

I hope we NAD-ers will be willing to submit ... but my guess is no. dunno.gif

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: May 26 2007, 08:18 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post May 26 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #137

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ May 26 2007, 09:04 AM) [snapback]196940[/snapback]

And I say "men" because there aren't enough women in leadership roles to lump them in with us turkeys.

I know this issue is discussed elsewhere and everywhere on the internet and BSDA, but for hypothetical purposes, do you think SE that if more women (and I guess we would need to decide if caucasian or a representative sample of all races) were in leadership roles in the NAD or GC would things in fact be different?

I am curious if there will be a difference of opinion here based on the gender or the race of the poster.

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: May 26 2007, 09:53 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 26 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #138

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Noahswife @ May 26 2007, 10:52 AM) [snapback]196949[/snapback]

I know this issue is discussed elsewhere and everywhere on the internet and BSDA, but for hypothetical purposes, do you think SE that if more women (and I guess we would need to decide if caucasian or a representative sample of all races) were in leadership roles in the NAD or GC would things in fact be different?

I am curious if there will be a difference of opinion here based on the gender or the race of the poster.

nw
C"i"

probably.... those who are in power will have a bigger issue than those who don't....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post May 27 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #139

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Noahswife @ May 26 2007, 08:52 AM) [snapback]196949[/snapback]

Well, I would hope that female administrators would perhaps be more inclined to awareness of where the constituency "is" -- in terms of faith, needs, etc. Honestly it can't get any worse, at least not where I live.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 04:02 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church