Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13308&st=180 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:29:54 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linda's Litigation
LaurenceD
post May 14 2007, 07:44 AM
Post #181

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(lurker)
And 3ABN's is not a precedent setting case. Illinois deals with this all the time.

http://tinyurl.com/39unrw

There's also a section on charitible exemptions at http://tax.illinois.gov/LegalInformation/H.../charitable.htm

I've read several of those religious ownership/use cases. Some are hilarious. Here's an excerpt from...

LIFE ABUNDANT OUTREACH
v.
THE DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS

(the issue is whether the paronage was lived in by the minister and could the property be exempt from taxes. Many of these cases revolve around the board and its bylaws. Here's the transcript Q/A with a couple boardmembers)

Gwendolyn Jones testified as follows:
Q. Are you familiar with a corporation by the name of Life Abundant
Outreach of Glenview, Inc.?
A. Yes.
Q. And have you ever been a director of that corporation?
A. No.
Q. I’m showing you [a copy of the August 21, 2005 by-laws]. Does
that bear your signature?
A. Yes.
Q. And for what purpose did you sign that document?
A. We -- I don’t remember seeing this document at all. We signed a –
I believe it was a legal pad. I don’t remember seeing this document at
all.
Q. Did you believe on that date – What date is your signature there?
A. August 21st, ’05.
Q On that date did you believe you were a director of Life Abundant
Outreach of Glenview, Inc.?
A. No.
Q. Did you ever have any discussions about the issue of where
Reverend Martin lived?
A. Not to my knowledge. … This was just a meeting. He said we’re
going to have a meeting. It wasn’t stated that it was a board meeting or
anything. We just thought it was a regular little church meeting.
Q. But, as far as you know, you were never elected to a board of
directors?
A. No, I was not.
Tr. pp. 58-60.

Ruth Hudley testified as follows:
Q. And you’re a member of Reverend Martin’s church?
A. Yes.
Q. Are you a director of Life Abundant Outreach … ?
A. Director?
Q. Yes.
A. No.
Q. Have you ever been a director of Life Abundant Outreach,
Inc.?
A. No.
Q. I’m showing you [Applicant’s by-laws dated August 21, 2005]
…Do you remember why you signed this document that I’m showing
you?
A. No.
Q. Do you know where Reverend Martin lives?
A. … I can’t think of the place. … Glenview.
Tr. pp. 68-70.

Mary Quinny testified as follows:
Q. Now, I’m going to ask you: Are you a director of Life Abundant
Outreach of Glenview, Incorporated?
A. I am not a director, but my name is on there, up on the board.
Q. You are on the board. When did you become a board member?
A. Well, at first I didn’t know what it was about, but now I do. …
Q. Did you sign this document [Applicant’s by-laws dated August 21,
2005]?
A. Yes, I did. That’s my signature.
Q. And is that the one when you say you signed you didn’t know what
it was about?
A. Yes. …
Q. Do you know where Reverend Martin lives?
A Yes, near Fairbanks. Fairbanks.
Q. On [September 5, 2006] did you believe he lived in Glenview,
Illinois?
A. Yes, I did.
Q. So you didn’t know he lived in Barrington until [September 10,
2006]?
A. Right. …
Q. (By Rev. Martin) It really doesn’t make a difference to you where I
live, does it?
A. No.

http://tax.illinois.gov/LegalInformation/H.../PT%2007-12.pdf

I'd love to read the transcript from the 3abn hearing.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 14 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #182

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(lurker @ May 14 2007, 07:47 AM) [snapback]195518[/snapback]

In my last post above, I myself quoted and answered what Eirene re-posted. It appears she did not read any of it. Or maybe the original link did not work for her. It worked for me when I first posted it but didn't work this morning. I will repeat myself and the corrected link here:

OK, here is another decision by Judge Rowe where the applicant (not 3ABN) was organized under the Religious Corporation Act 805 ILCS 110/0.01 et seq (in other words, this applicant was a religious organization )

http://tinyurl.com/2wyfcu
and they only got a partial property tax exemption. The issue was how the property was used and whether it was religious use. It did not have an automatic exemption for the whole property just because it was a Religious Corporation.

Even if 3ABN became recognized as a religious organization, the main issue is still how the land is used.

And 3ABN's is not a precedent setting case. Illinois deals with this all the time.

http://tinyurl.com/39unrw

The IL Vs 3ABN Property Tax Lawsuit had a problem with identification. Just who was the "Applicant?"

On page 1 of 46 is says:

[b]
Synopsis:
The hearing in this matter was held to determine whether Franklin County Parcel Index
No. 174-116-11 qualified for exemption during the 2000 and/or 2001 assessment years.
Danny Shelton, president of Three Angels Broadcasting, (hereinafter referred to as the
"Applicant" or “3ABN”);...

This very action caused them to ask, "Just who is the applicant in this case?"

Therefore, since it was difficult to differentiate Danny Shelton from 3ABN, they just decided to go with the applicant being Danny Shelton or 3ABN.

This seems to be a problem with us, too.

Where does Danny end, and 3ABN begin?

Does Danny Shelton even know?

Does he truly feel he IS 3ABN?

In Florida, July 2004, Danny preached that 3ABN was his baby and nobody was taking it away. He proclaimed that he had created it; stating it was his hard work that had brought 3ABN about. He also noted how wicked women were. Women watch too much of the bad on the Internet! Many felt he was beyond acceptable. I know I did.

Before we get too deeply into the 3ABN Lawsuit, it might be good to stop and look at the players. What is what; who is who; and what they all do.

This is the beginning of the IL vs 3ABN Property Tax Lawsuit. These are the players:

Synopsis:

The hearing in this matter was held to determine whether Franklin County Parcel Index No. 174-116-11 qualified for exemption during the 2000 and/or 2001 assessment years.

Representing 3ABN

1. Danny Shelton, president of Three Angels Broadcasting, (hereinafter referred to as the "Applicant" or “3ABN”);

2. Larry Ewing, director of finance in 2002 of applicant;

3. Alan Lovejoy, CPA and accountant;

4. Walter Thompson, chairman of the board in 2002 of applicant;

5. Bill Bishop, minister in the Seventh-day Adventist Church and member of the pastoral staff of applicant;

6. Kenneth Denslow, president of the Illinois Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church;

7. Mollie Steenson, department coordinator of applicant; and

8. Linda Shelton, vice president of applicant,

were present and testified on behalf of applicant.

Representing Thompsonville Community High School:

9. Cynthia Humm, Supervisor of Assessments of Franklin County was present and testified on behalf of Thompsonville Community High School District No. 112 (hereinafter referred to as the “Intervenor.”) ( P 1-2 of 46 pages)

These facts are important because they are the players that testified on 3ABN’s behalf. Just how did they do this? Who said what? Who is responsible for what? Did they lie? Was anyone being deceitful?

Is this lawsuit only about the Property Tax or are there many other facts that have come to light? What seems to be the problem? Is it really, because they show health programs that hey must pay taxes? What is this school districts problem anyway?

Later we will see what each 3ABN player was responsible for within the scope of 3ABN, the entity.. This way we can identify more readily what could be broken and in need of fixing.

Remember, I live outside of the normal box, I see things differently. This is why I need others to fill in what I am missing. I welcome comments.

Who is now missing from 3ABN?

The two headings in the above quote in blue, I added for clairity.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 15 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #183

500 + posts
Group Icon

The Issues:

The issues in this matter are:

10. first, whether applicant was the owner of Parcel Index No. 174-116-11 during the 2000 and/or 2001 assessment years;

11. secondly, whether applicant is a religious or charitable organization;

12. and lastly, whether the parcel was used by applicant for religious or charitable purposes during the 2000 and/or 2001 assessment years.

After a thorough review of the facts and law presented, it is my recommendation that the requested exemption be denied for the 2000 and 2001 assessment years,

except for the two pastoral offices each measuring 14 feet by 18 feet on the second floor of the administrative production center building, and a corresponding amount of land.

In support thereof, I make the following findings and conclusions in accordance with the requirements of §100/10-50 of the Administrative Procedure
Act (5 ILCS 100/10-50).

Out of the witness/testimony of all the “players” cited before, they only find that 14 X 18 feet of the 2nd floor qualifies for tax exemption. Why? Was it because they had programming that was about health as Danny Shelton has repeatedly told everyone on TV? No, it was not!

Only the Pastoral Offices were considered religious. We watch Religious Programming on 3ABN TV. How can this be?

Airing programs cost money to the people wanting their programming to be aired through 3ABN! This cost is supposed to cover the cost for airing that programming.

Therefore, Amazing Facts pays 3ABN for airtime; It Is Written pays for airtime; WhiteHorse Ministry pays for airtime. If they do not pay, 3ABN promotes the sale of their items from 3ABN – for profit!

Folks, if this is not for making profit, what is it? Why is there a fee if not for off setting the air time costs to put these programs on the satellites for airing? i believe I know of some air time that is free. However, 3ABN takes their product/s and sells them at a premium, for profit to 3ABN.

Is this one of the reasons we are seeing more and more 3ABN programming?

Later.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 15 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #184

500 + posts
Group Icon

I'm as interested in the Supervisor of Assessments of Franklin County being present and testifying on behalf of Thompsonville Community High School District No. 112. For a little background on how the school districts work, read this...
Inequity in Illinois

Illinois’ School Funding Debacle

For decades, Illinois has consistently under-funded its public schools. Illinois’ constitution explicitly points out that “the State has the primary responsibility for financing the system of public education.”1 However, Illinois only pays about 36 percent of all school expenses, far below the national average of 50 percent. The state relies heavily on local property taxes, and on average, local property taxpayers fund about 53 percent of school expenses. The remaining 10 percent or so comes from federal aid.2 (See Appendix A for more details.)

According to a survey conducted in the fall of 2003 by Education Week, when state officials were asked about their state’s most pressing school finance issues, concerns over property taxes seemed to be an integral issue for several states. One respondent even explained that the “reliance on property taxes created perennial inequities and an overall issue of adequacy.”3 This is certainly true of Illinois. The state’s school funding system creates huge inequities between wealthy and poor school districts. The average per-pupil spending in some school districts is higher than $15,000 per student, while other school districts spend less than $5,000 per pupil.4 (See Appendix B for more details.)

While wealthier school districts use their strong property tax bases and other local revenues to fund quality public education, school districts in less-wealthy neighborhoods are forced to make do with fewer resources and less funding. Schools in these low property tax neighborhoods tend to have a higher poverty concentration, more minority students, and are often located in rural areas.

So, every penny counts. I know our public school district just laid off several employees for next year, and cut out a lot of programs--sports, art, music, etc., because of lack of funding.

What's interesting here though is that the school probably gets very little added revenue from the 3abn property being included on the tax roll. I think I read somewhere that most of the counties in Illinois have pretty high mill rates...like as much as 50 cents per $1,000 valuation. So, based on $550,000 evaluation, the county would probably get a total of $2750...and that has to be divided up to the different agencies.

Anyone from Franklin Co. have a property tax statement?

As to CynthiaHumm, Supervisor of Assessments of Franklin County, representing the school district...well, there's two gov't agencies working hand in hand.

QUOTE(Fran)
These facts are important because they are the players that testified on 3ABN’s behalf. Just how did they do this? Who said what? Who is responsible for what? Did they lie? Was anyone being deceitful?

That's why it would be very interesting to get a copy of the transcript. Reading it, I think those familiar with the various personalities would get an eye full, and perhaps have some counter intelligence to offer.

Administrative Law Judges are really hearing examiners. They see this stuff all the time and have very little patients with groups on a bigger mission. I'm guessing 3abn's team kinds killed themselves, or self-destructed, if they're anything like what we've seen exhibited around here. Can you imgine getting lectured to by someone who just prayed that the hearing would go a certain way, then entering the room, and talking down to a judge--if only in attitude? I doubt the judge would have much sympathy or patience.

I think it was Aletheia who posted that Adventists are smarter than the average person...in her opinion. You can see where that would be headed real fast!

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 15 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #185

500 + posts
Group Icon

FINDINGS OF FACT:

1. The jurisdiction and position of the Department that Franklin County Parcel Index No. 174-116-11 did not qualify for a property tax exemption for the 2000 and 2001 assessment years were established by the admission into evidence of Dept. Ex. Nos. 1and 2. (Tr. p. 27)

2. The Department received the requests for exemption of Franklin County Parcel Index No. 174-116-11 for the 2000 and 2001 assessment years. In 2000, the assessed value of the property was $505,500 ( in 2000); in 2001, $556,050.

(I believe this increase is a clear example of unrealized gains)

The Board of Review of Franklin County recommended denying the requests.

For the 2000 assessment year, the Cave Township Supervisor and Cave Township Board objected to the exemption.

In a letter attached to the 2000 year application, the Village of Thompsonville adamantly (emphasis in the original attachment) opposed the requested exemption.

The Department denied the requested exemptions finding that the property was not in exempt ownership and use. Applicant (Danny Shelton/3ABN) timely protested the denials and a hearing was held pursuant to those protests. (Dept. Ex. Nos. 1 and 2)

3. Applicant (Danny Shelton/3ABN) acquired the subject parcel by a warranty deed dated October 17, 1991. The 5-acre parcel at issue contains three buildings, the ownership, and uses of which are at issue.

(Did you notice the Ownership of the property is even questioned?)

Did you notice this involves only 5 acres?

Is that all the property that is in applicant’s (Danny Shelton/3ABN’s) name?

Who owns the rest of that property?

Did I read that Danny’s house sits on 18 acres?

Can we assume that land belongs to Danny Shelton since his house sits on it and he has commented he has a lake?

At first, I thought this suit was about “ALL” the land surrounding 3ABN! Shows what I know!

The first building is a three-story administration production center (Is this Production for profit?) building that contains approximately 30,000 square feet.

The 10,800 square foot BOS Auditorium1 is part of the administration building.

Which one of these was supposed to be the “Museum?

The second building is applicant’s (Danny Shelton/3ABN) carpenter shop, a one-story building that contains 2,400 square feet.

The third building is the “call center”, which is about 7,000 square feet and is where applicant (Danny Shelton/3ABN) stores, ships, and receives its merchandise.

As the name suggests, it is also where applicant (Danny Shelton/3ABN) receives calls from viewers around the world interested in applicant’s programs and products. (Applicant’s(Danny Shelton/3ABN) Ex. No. 1; Tr. pp. 81-91, 119-122, 233, 280- 292) end of footnotes on page 2/46

Why did I think the “Call Center” was for prayer requests and Spiritual Guidance? I guess I was wrong. That would be the “Pastoral Care Offices”! The “Call Center” is for storing selling and shipping goods. Is this for profit!

4. Applicant’s (Danny Shelton/3ABN) administrative production center contains the two studios where applicant (Danny Shelton/3ABN) creates its programs.

A production area is between the two studios. In the center are applicant’s (Danny Shelton/3ABN) administrative areas where financing, engineering, and pastoral care offices are located.

A kitchen is available for workers’ use.

Offices for applicant’s (Danny Shelton/3ABN) president and vice president are also in the center.

The center contains the areas where graphics, maintenance, and computers are located.

The two pastoral offices are on the second floor and measure 14 feet x 18 feet each. (Tr. pp. 81-84, 89, 235-246, 276-280, 284)

1) an administration building which is two stories and contains 15,680 square feet;

2) the BOS Auditorium which is also two stories and contains 10,800 square feet; and

3) a carpenter shop which is one story and contains 2400 square feet. (Dept. Ex. Nos. 1, 2)

According to the testimony of applicant’s (Danny Shelton/3ABN) president, the BOS Auditorium is part of the administration building, the carpenter shop is a separate building, and the third building at issue is the “call center”. The exact dimensions of the interior and exterior of each building are unclear. (Applicant’s (Danny Shelton/3ABN) Ex. Nos. 12, 13; Tr. pp. 81-84, 121-126, 617) 4 IL/3ABN Lawsuit age 2/46 IL/3ABN Lawsuit End of footnote P 2/46

These footnotes are based on whose testimony? It says that would be the Applicant’s (Danny Shelton/3ABN) President.

5. The “call center” is next to applicant’s (Danny Shelton/3ABN) main facility.

Here, applicant’s (Danny Shelton/3ABN) employees and volunteers take and process orders for applicant’s (Danny Shelton/3ABN) products.

Applicant (Danny Shelton/3ABN) gives away free material on a variety of topics from health to religion. (Applicant’s Ex. Nos. 18-21; Tr. pp. 171- 186, 288-290)

6. The carpenter shop is where applicant (Danny Shelton/3ABN) builds sets for its programs. (Tr. p. 117) Page 3/46 IL/3ABN Lawsuit

Blue within the quote are my questionings and MHO’s

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 15 2007, 01:11 AM
Post #186

500 + posts
Group Icon

LaurenceD Posted Today, 01:19 AM

That's why it would be very interesting to get a copy of the transcript. Reading it, I think those familiar with the various personalities would get an eye full, and perhaps have some counter intelligence to offer.

Can you get these since you are so familiar in this area. Coming up are some things where there are lies. It points out who did it too. It would just be good to see the actual words said before I get there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 15 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #187

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

blink.gif All this legal posturing to keep from paying around $2750 per year? Is this right? Who were their advisors in this fight? Did they see a potentially larger impact than $2750 per year? uhm.gif scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
lurker
post May 15 2007, 07:33 AM
Post #188

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(Fran @ May 15 2007, 01:11 AM) [snapback]195603[/snapback]

[b]LaurenceD Posted Today, 01:19 AM
Can you get these since you are so familiar in this area. Coming up are some things where there are lies. It points out who did it too. It would just be good to see the actual words said before I get there.

The decison was supposed to have been appealed. I saw 01-28-07 docket on the upper right hand side of the original decision. Shouldn't the appeal have been ruled on by now? 3ABN must not have won that appeal or we would have heard some rejoicing about this as another miracle. Would the Franklin County Clerk know?

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 15 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #189

500 + posts
Group Icon

lurker, I think the docket dates on the original doucment refer to the years 2000 and 2001, the very dates of the tax years being challenged...

A.H. Docket # 01-PT-0027
P. I. # 174-116-11
Docket # 00-28-01
Docket # 01-28-07

The beginning numbers (not the ending numbers), the 00-means 2000, and 01-means 2001. 07-means the day, not the year. But I may be wrong.

Fran, I don't have acces to the transcript. Not sure if they are public either. I have to go to the mountain today, so no more time for research till later.

PB, I'm not at all sure about the total annual tax figure I came to. I was doing a quick calculation in my head and it sounded about right for $500,500. Around here, land valued like that would be taxed for about that much. If I was off a decimal point and taxes were $27,500, that seems way too high of a rate for the valuation.

Searching for "3abn acres" this morning, I ran across "The Televangelist" thread posted by sister. In that story, there's reference to 200 acres, and 80 acres across a road for a model tabernacle. Also, there's various descriptions of new buildings (25,000 sq. ft. etc.) so, property tax today may be far far higher than those based on 2000 and 2001 evaluations.

If you haven't read that thread, it's hilarious, and quite sobering.
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9823

--------------------

+Quote Post
lurker
post May 15 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #190

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ May 15 2007, 10:43 AM) [snapback]195654[/snapback]

lurker, I think the docket dates on the original doucment refer to the years 2000 and 2001, the very dates of the tax years being challenged...

A.H. Docket # 01-PT-0027
P. I. # 174-116-11
Docket # 00-28-01
Docket # 01-28-07

The beginning numbers (not the ending numbers), the 00-means 2000, and 01-means 2001. 07-means the day, not the year. But I may be wrong.

Fran, I don't have acces to the transcript. Not sure if they are public either. I have to go to the mountain today, so no more time for research till later.

PB, I'm not at all sure about the total annual tax figure I came to. I was doing a quick calculation in my head and it sounded about right for $500,500. Around here, land valued like that would be taxed for about that much. If I was off a decimal point and taxes were $27,500, that seems way too high of a rate for the valuation.

Searching for "3abn acres" this morning, I ran across "The Televangelist" thread posted by sister. In that story, there's reference to 200 acres, and 80 acres across a road for a model tabernacle. Also, there's various descriptions of new buildings (25,000 sq. ft. etc.) so, property tax today may be far far higher than those based on 2000 and 2001 evaluations.

If you haven't read that thread, it's hilarious, and quite sobering.
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9823

You are right 00-28-01 makes sense the way you explain it.

Can you tell me what you think the case information about it means? Cause I have no idea.

http://tinyurl.com/29aovg

This post has been edited by lurker: May 15 2007, 08:20 PM

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 15 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #191

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lurker)

You are right 00-28-01 makes sense the way you explain it.

Can you tell me what you think the case information about it means? Cause I have no idea.

http://tinyurl.com/29aovg

I don't see anything especially revealing here, except to note the case was not impounded. I looked under the other tabs--and same thing. This may be simply an overview, or a summary for the court files.
Case Information
Case 2004MR15 Last Update 10/13/2005 Last Upload 02/16/2006 @ 01:00
Case Category Civil Case Type - Subtype MR - 401 Miscellaneous Remedy - Administrative Review
Other Litigants
Role Name
OtherParticipant THOMPSONVILLE COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL
DefendantOrRespondent DEPT OF REVENUE OF IL,
Litigant Information
Full Name THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK,
Date of Birth Role PlaintiffOrPetitioner Physical File Location
Impounded No Initial Open Date 05/11/2004 Initial Close Date
Suppress Minutes No Reopen Date Reclose Date
Attorney RIVA, MICHAEL D
Identification
None
Address
None
Phone Numbers
None
Hearings
Type Date Time Judge Location
37 - Motion/dismiss 08/13/2004 09:30 VANTREASE A
89 - Conference call 10/15/2004 09:00 VANTREASE A
10 - Motion hearing 12/14/2004 13:30 VANTREASE A
89 - Conference call 05/06/2005 11:00 VANTREASE B
106 - Motion/strike 06/03/2005 09:30 VANTREASE B
113 - Argument 10/17/2005 13:30 VANTREASE C

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 15 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #192

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Fran @ May 14 2007, 11:59 PM) [snapback]195602[/snapback]

[color=#000099]Blue within the quote are my questionings and MHO’s

offtopic2.gif Thank you for that post. I noticed the building called "call center". So it is used for storage. Like you, I had thought it was for receiving calls.

A few weeks ago I asked about the cooking segments of 3ABN. I received this email address that listed several healthy cooking ministries that 3ABN is showing on their programming.

"Call Center 21" <CC21@3abn.org>

I had never receive this kind of email address before. I was wondering if we are supposed to believe the email came from that building? Are they trying to keep the names of the people anonymous(spelling?) Do they have several call center numbers like 1, 2, 3....21,22,...etc...? instead of names?

Mabe this means nothing. Just wondering.

The subject of my questions are not earth shattering or monumental.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 15 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #193

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

The Call Center is where orders for satellite systems, videos, DVDs, books, CDs and many other things are taken. There are a number of people who work in that building taking calls and answering emails. There is a certain amount of storage there, but most of the storage is in the Bos Auditorium which now serves as a warehouse.

In a high turnover area with a large number of people, including many voluteers, I think it would make sense to use numbers that correlate to workstations in the various cubicles. That is what I have heard they are doing now.

This post has been edited by beartrap: May 15 2007, 10:31 PM

+Quote Post
steffan
post May 15 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #194

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ May 15 2007, 10:47 PM) [snapback]195699[/snapback]

offtopic2.gif Thank you for that post. I noticed the building called "call center". So it is used for storage. Like you, I had thought it was for receiving calls.

A few weeks ago I asked about the cooking segments of 3ABN. I received this email address that listed several healthy cooking ministries that 3ABN is showing on their programming.

"Call Center 21" <CC21@3abn.org>

I had never receive this kind of email address before. I was wondering if we are supposed to believe the email came from that building? Are they trying to keep the names of the people anonymous(spelling?) Do they have several call center numbers like 1, 2, 3....21,22,...etc...? instead of names?

Mabe this means nothing. Just wondering.

The subject of my questions are not earth shattering or monumental.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Rosyroi

Whoever told you this is way off base again. Was it Fran. Have you ever been there? The call center is a large brick building housing many workers. Their work spaces are seperated by dividers because that is where they take calls and orders. Also the satellite dept is in there. Then they have a print shop, sm kitchen area, restrooms, and mailing room where they keep the books, cd's and whatever is offered. In the very back is storage for mailing envelopes, paper for printers, boxes etc. etc. Anyone who has ever came to their campmeeting gets a full tour of all the buildings if they choose to, as do the visitors that just "show up" to see 3abn year around. The ladies that work at the call center answer the phones. take orders, add people to the mailing list and take orders for satellites, and the new boxes that work through the internet.
This is also where most emails come. If the call center people can answer the email, they do, if it is for a different department, they send it on to that department. The cooking emails would most definitely come from the call center since they send out the cook books or refer people to that particular ministry to place their order. They can tell you what time programs come on, can send your children tiny tot coloring books and send you all the recipes that you see on the cooking shows. Whoever told you it was a "storage" building gave you very faulty information.
For those that have never been, I will satisfy your curiosity.
Between the huge main 3abn building and the call center is a large pole barn. The end has offices for the donation department. That department takes in items that people donate and resells them to help support the ministry. The rest of that barn contains the items, shelves, tables and whatever to organize them. Behind the call center are hook ups for rv's. Some volunteers stay year around, others part of the year and some just come at campmeeting time to help out and attend campmeeting. Behind that are few houses. They were built by retired folk who came to live there permanetly and had small apartments built on their basement levels where guests and visitors can stay when need be. SW of those is the Sound Center where the music cd's are done.
Back at the highway turn West go down the road maybe 1/4 mile and there is the church and across the parking lot is the church school. Follow the winding road north and you go by several apartments for visitors and guests. Behind the church school are more RV hook ups.
Go North a couple of miles and you will come to the old 3abn building. The first 3abn. All the latino programming is done there and one part houses the radio department.
Inside the present 3abn building back at the complex, there is receptionist when you enter, to the right are administrative offices, to the left are accounting offices. Down the hall are the control rooms where the directors, sound people, graphic people and producers are when a program is being taped. There are 2 control rooms because there are 2 large studio's. Each studio is connected to it's own control room. One studio is the 3abn today set where Danny does his program and the singing is done on that set. The other is used for various programs, Faith Chapel, Housecalls, Shelly Q's program, Cherie peters........On down are editors bays, behind that is master control where the programs are fed up to satellite and into your homes. To the left of that is the engineering department.
Upstairs are the graphic and artist departments as well as the web masters office, the marketing offices and much farther down, the pastoral offices. Both floors have kitchens for the employees to eat. Behind the main building are several huge satellites and more smaller ones to send and receive the satellite signals.
If memory serves me, I don't think I have left anything out. I would advise all to check it out. It is quite amazing. And please...quit accepting ,speculating and repeating faulty information.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 15 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #195

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(steffan @ May 15 2007, 09:29 PM) [snapback]195704[/snapback]

Whoever told you this is way off base again. Was it Fran. Have you ever been there? The call center is a large brick building housing many workers. Their work spaces are seperated by dividers because that is where they take calls and orders. Also the satellite dept is in there. Then they have a print shop, sm kitchen area, restrooms, and mailing room where they keep the books, cd's and whatever is offered. In the very back is storage for mailing envelopes, paper for printers, boxes etc. etc. Anyone who has ever came to their campmeeting gets a full tour of all the buildings if they choose to, as do the visitors that just "show up" to see 3abn year around. The ladies that work at the call center answer the phones. take orders, add people to the mailing list and take orders for satellites, and the new boxes that work through the internet.
This is also where most emails come. If the call center people can answer the email, they do, if it is for a different department, they send it on to that department. The cooking emails would most definitely come from the call center since they send out the cook books or refer people to that particular ministry to place their order. They can tell you what time programs come on, can send your children tiny tot coloring books and send you all the recipes that you see on the cooking shows. Whoever told you it was a "storage" building gave you very faulty information.
For those that have never been, I will satisfy your curiosity.
Between the huge main 3abn building and the call center is a large pole barn. The end has offices for the donation department. That department takes in items that people donate and resells them to help support the ministry. The rest of that barn contains the items, shelves, tables and whatever to organize them. Behind the call center are hook ups for rv's. Some volunteers stay year around, others part of the year and some just come at campmeeting time to help out and attend campmeeting. Behind that are few houses. They were built by retired folk who came to live there permanetly and had small apartments built on their basement levels where guests and visitors can stay when need be. SW of those is the Sound Center where the music cd's are done.
Back at the highway turn West go down the road maybe 1/4 mile and there is the church and across the parking lot is the church school. Follow the winding road north and you go by several apartments for visitors and guests. Behind the church school are more RV hook ups.
Go North a couple of miles and you will come to the old 3abn building. The first 3abn. All the latino programming is done there and one part houses the radio department.
Inside the present 3abn building back at the complex, there is receptionist when you enter, to the right are administrative offices, to the left are accounting offices. Down the hall are the control rooms where the directors, sound people, graphic people and producers are when a program is being taped. There are 2 control rooms because there are 2 large studio's. Each studio is connected to it's own control room. One studio is the 3abn today set where Danny does his program and the singing is done on that set. The other is used for various programs, Faith Chapel, Housecalls, Shelly Q's program, Cherie peters........On down are editors bays, behind that is master control where the programs are fed up to satellite and into your homes. To the left of that is the engineering department.
Upstairs are the graphic and artist departments as well as the web masters office, the marketing offices and much farther down, the pastoral offices. Both floors have kitchens for the employees to eat. Behind the main building are several huge satellites and more smaller ones to send and receive the satellite signals.
If memory serves me, I don't think I have left anything out. I would advise all to check it out. It is quite amazing. And please...quit accepting ,speculating and repeating faulty information.

thank you so much for correcting the error I posted. That was very enlightning. I learned a lot. I should write more silly remarks.
notworthy.gif

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church