Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13377&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:44 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Doug Batchelor Responds
shaddo
post Apr 27 2007, 02:13 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 783

QUOTE(Observer @ Apr 25 2007, 08:43 AM) [snapback]192875[/snapback]

Why are there so many questions?

Very simple, there are many questions because in the corporate world the word "merger" has precise meanings. People who hear it used recognize those meanaings. The reality is that those who use the term "merger," and this applies to people associated with both 3-ABN and Amazing Facts, have not supplied us with the specific answers to the questions that are raised by the use of the term "merger." And in their responses, those who defend 3-ABN are often responding in a manner that reminds one of the term "joint venture," as it is used in the corporate world. Folks, there are major differences between a joint venture and a merger.

Unfortunately, the responses to the questions that are being raised only raise more questions, and further confund the situation. In fact, they often present the planners as having embarked on a voyage of some undefined sort, without full prior planning, and without giving thought to the ramifications of what is being said.

It may very well be true that full prior planning and thought was given to this. But, if that is so, and if the word "merger" is used in its common meaning, then there are answers to the specific questions that are being raised. The fact that those answers are not being given, in a context where it must be assumed that they exist, further confounds this situation.

Folks, in the seccular world, it has long been learned that you go public with full information, before the so-called gossip begins. If you were unable to do that, and the gossip has begun, you respond with full information and facts. This is not being done.

All in all, it appears to me that 3-ABN is behind the power courve in their public relations, and did not learn much from the fiasco that errupted in the manner in which they handled Linda and those associated issues.

Well, when one in a time of crisis fails to learn the lessons that brought the crisis upon them, it can be assumed that those lessons will be repeated again, and again, until the lessons are learned.
roflmao.gif wallbash.gif The real issues here are why is the "merger" taking place now, aka the lawsuit factor from Ms. Shelton, and why is the SDA church aka GC head hunters - so involved with the "spin factor" - even while these so called "holy men" D&D - go around being deviously deviant to the point of turning real interested and sincere people against the "merger" even while they deny doing anything at all. This is BAD Business practice! But then again, you are dealing with "evangelists" not MBA Harvard grads! May God have mercy on us all!!! Our faith is NOT in these "leading men" but rather on the Solid Rock - the Truth as it is in Jesus! AMEN!!!

--------------------
Ex.14:20 "Be of good cheer I have overcome the world." Jesus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 27 2007, 06:08 AM
Post #17

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Whoo....I'mma stand behind the fan with a shield. This is gonna blow....
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 27 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Observer @ Apr 25 2007, 06:43 AM) [snapback]192875[/snapback]

Well, when one in a time of crisis fails to learn the lessons that brought the crisis upon them, it can be assumed that those lessons will be repeated again, and again, until the lessons are learned.

Reminds me of an Aimee Mann song:

"It's not going to stop
It's not going to stop
It's not going to stop
'Til you wise up."

I find it interesting that we're starting to refer to Doug & Danny as "D&D." Was that a deliberate pun, or was it an accident?

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
rwelchcrs
post Apr 27 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,252

Maybe Doug Batchelor sincerely believes that all the reports of wrongdoing at 3ABN are just unfounded rumors. Maybe he's absolutely sincere and has the best intentions in mind with this merger. If that's the case, then he must be very naive.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 27 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(rwelchcrs @ Apr 27 2007, 11:41 AM) [snapback]193246[/snapback]

Maybe Doug Batchelor sincerely believes that all the reports of wrongdoing at 3ABN are just unfounded rumors. Maybe he's absolutely sincere and has the best intentions in mind with this merger. If that's the case, then he must be very naive.

I can't imagine that with 3ABN $3 million in the hole that he'd think there was nothing to the reports. He was always better at politics than theology anyway.

3ABN and AF "merge" in some way. The scandals either are covered behind the scenes or blow up publicly. All he has to say was, "I didn't know." He might be lying. But at the end of the day he has his own satellite channel.

rwelchcrs, I hope you're right. I want to believe that Doug is merely ignorant. But one doesn't become an evangelist consulted by National Geographic on prophecy by being a dummy.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 27 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Apr 27 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]193249[/snapback]

3ABN and AF "merge" in some way. The scandals either are covered behind the scenes or blow up publicly. All he has to say was, "I didn't know." He might be lying. But at the end of the day he has his own satellite channel.

A group was discussing this merger when one of the participants used the expression "amalgamation". Should he be punished?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Apr 27 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(rwelchcrs @ Apr 27 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]193246[/snapback]

Perhaps Doug Batchelor sees it as a way to rescue 3abn by letting Danny ease himself out while seeming to save face.
I notice that DB has recently been bringing in other people to "team teach" the Sabbath School lesson with him. I wondered if that was a way of easing himself out of that responsibility, although to me he is a better teacher than he is a preacher.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Apr 27 2007, 04:03 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 27 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Apr 27 2007, 03:02 PM) [snapback]193263[/snapback]

Perhaps Doug Batchelor sees it as a way to rescue 3abn by letting Danny ease himself out while seeming to save face. I notice that DB has recently been bringing in other people to "team teach" the Sabbath School lesson with him. I wondered if that was a way of easing himself out of that responsibility, although to me he is a better teacher than he is a preacher.

Skyhook,

This is an interesting thought. However, what pops into my mind is this:

Is it God's will that one of His leaders, one who has taken the call to spread the Gospel of His Kingdom in His name, should orchestrate a plan to help a "sinner" save face instead of calling sin by its right name and working towards repentance, reformation and restoration?

I was going to post the first paragraph from Testimonies Volume 3, #23 - Duty to Reprove Sin, but the White Estate website says the gateway is too busy right now.

Here is a link to the article on another site that won't let me copy it.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 27 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Apr 27 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]193244[/snapback]

Reminds me of an Aimee Mann song:
I find it interesting that we're starting to refer to Doug & Danny as "D&D." Was that a deliberate pun, or was it an accident?

i just made it up because it was faster to type. lol what is punny about it. dunno.gif i don't get it. duh huh.gif
guess me is outta tha loop. hehe

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 27 2007, 06:16 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Apr 27 2007, 06:07 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

PB, I hear what you are saying and I agree that it is clear in the Bible and SOP that sin should be called by its right name. Of course we do not really know what is on Doug Batchelor's mind regarding the many accusations or regarding Danny's future role, if any at 3abn. The scenario I described could happen whether or not Doug actually orchestrated it. As far as Danny "seeming to save face," I don't don't think he actually has a real chance to rescue his credibility as a representative of God or as "The Face of Adventism." I believe that there is just too much information out there for him to squirm out of this situation, even though he seems to have the type of personality that thinks he can get away with anything. I just suspect that what appears to be his raging narcissism will never let him believe that he is not the "annointed one" whom God called to spread the "undiluted 3 angel's message" to the world. So when and if he leaves, unless there is some dramatic change in events, he will leave seeing himself as a hero. Or if he is actually forced out he will claim that he is a martyr.

Of course, it is all speculation.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Apr 27 2007, 06:14 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 27 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Apr 27 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]193277[/snapback]

PB, I hear what you are saying and I agree that it is clear in the Bible and SOP that sin should be called by its right name. Of course we do not really know what is on Doug Batchelor's mind regarding the many accusations or regarding Danny's future role, if any at 3abn. The scenario I described could happen whether or not Doug actually orchestrated it. As far as Danny "seeming to save face," I don't don't think he actually has a real chance to rescue his credibility as a representative of God or as "The Face of Adventism." There is too much information out there for him to squirm out of this situation. I just suspect that what appears to be his raging narcissism will never let him believe that he is not the "annointed one" whom God called to spread the "undiluted 3 angel's message" to the world. So when and if he leaves, unless there is some dramatic change in events, he will leave seeing himself as a hero. Or if he is actually forced out he will claim that he is a martyr.

Of course, it is all speculation.

And quite insightful speculation if I may say so.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Apr 27 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 27 2007, 07:10 PM) [snapback]193278[/snapback]

And quite insightful speculation if I may say so.

Thank you.

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Apr 27 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 27 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]193273[/snapback]

i just made it up because it was faster to type. lol what is punny about it. dunno.gif i don't get it. duh huh.gif
guess me is outta tha loop. hehe

Mozart,

If I am not mistaken, D&D stands for Dungeons and Dragons. It is a role-playing game.

L4T

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 27 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #29

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 27 2007, 05:26 PM) [snapback]193270[/snapback]

Skyhook,

This is an interesting thought. However, what pops into my mind is this:

Is it God's will that one of His leaders, one who has taken the call to spread the Gospel of His Kingdom in His name, should orchestrate a plan to help a "sinner" save face instead of calling sin by its right name and working towards repentance, reformation and restoration?

I was going to post the first paragraph from Testimonies Volume 3, #23 - Duty to Reprove Sin, but the White Estate website says the gateway is too busy right now.

Here is a link to the article on another site that won't let me copy it.

Testimonies Vol. 3 - Duty to Reprove Sin

I have been shown that God here illustrates how He regards sin among those who profess to be His commandment-keeping people. Those whom He has specially honoured with witnessing the remarkable exhibitions of His power, as did ancient Israel, and who will even then venture to disregard His express directions, will be subjects of His wrath. He would teach His people that disobedience and sin are exceedingly offensive to Him and are not to be lightly regarded. He shows us that when His people are found in sin they should at once take decided measures to put that sin from them, that His frown may not rest upon them all. But if the sins of the people are passed over by those in responsible positions, His frown will be upon them, and the people of God, as a body, will be held responsible for those sins. In His dealings with His people in the past the Lord shows the necessity of purifying the church from wrongs. One sinner may diffuse darkness that will exclude the light of God from the entire congregation. When the people realize that darkness is settling upon them, and they do not know the cause, they should seek God earnestly, in great humility and self-abasement, until the wrongs which grieve His Spirit are searched out and put away.

Comments like this are the very reason I question this merger. We do not get rid of sin by merging with it!

Judas was PART of Christ's followers. Jesus rid his workers of Judas by telling Judas to go ahead and do what he had to do!

It bothers me that Doug has taken on a ministry such as 3ABN. Are we flushing sin down the toilet and it just doesn't exist any more? Are they doing this all in the name of Jesus Christ. Reminds me of the book "All in the Name of God!"

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
lurker
post Apr 28 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Had Christ cloaked their sins and applauded their piety, they would have accepted Him as their

king
; but they would not bear His fearless rebuke of their vices. The loveliness of a character in

which benevolence, purity, and holiness reigned supreme, which entertained no hatred except for

sin, they despised. Thus it has been in every age of the world. The light from heaven brings

condemnation on all who refuse to walk in it. When rebuked by the example of those who hate sin,

hypocrites will become agents of Satan to harass and persecute the faithful. "All that will live godly

in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." 2 Timothy 3:12. {PP 607.5}

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church