Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13377&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:45 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Doug Batchelor Responds
mozart
post Apr 28 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Apr 27 2007, 06:23 PM) [snapback]193285[/snapback]

Mozart,

If I am not mistaken, D&D stands for Dungeons and Dragons. It is a role-playing game.

L4T

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. TY L4T.. guess that is kinda punny wink.gif I played that once back in the early 80's. i thought it was very weird and the guys i was playing it with were even weirder. they took it very seriously. that was creepy. blink.gif

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 28 2007, 02:39 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 29 2007, 10:25 AM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 28 2007, 02:35 PM) [snapback]193353[/snapback]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. TY L4T.. guess that is kinda punny wink.gif I played that once back in the early 80's. i thought it was very weird and the guys i was playing it with were even weirder. they took it very seriously. that was creepy. blink.gif

They do tend to be, um, socially unique. There's a certain appeal in it to people who really wish they were someone else.

I have no trouble with calling Doug & Danny D&D ... if someone googles D&D, I wonder how far down they'll have to scroll to end up on bsda ...offtopic.gif ... but my fault.

I am kinda hoping that Skyhook is right, in the sense that Doug would get Danny off the "hook" of national media exposure. Calling sin by its right name doesn't mean it gets splashed on the cover of Newsweek a la Jim and Tammy Faye.

I also agree it's too late for Danny to get away with it. If Doug is not the upright man we've all thought he was, and he tries to protect Danny, he'll go down too.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 29 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Apr 29 2007, 10:25 AM) [snapback]193421[/snapback]

They do tend to be, um, socially unique. There's a certain appeal in it to people who really wish they were someone else.

I have no trouble with calling Doug & Danny D&D ... if someone googles D&D, I wonder how far down they'll have to scroll to end up on bsda ...offtopic.gif ... but my fault.
roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

I am kinda hoping that Skyhook is right, in the sense that Doug would get Danny off the "hook" of national media exposure. Calling sin by its right name doesn't mean it gets splashed on the cover of Newsweek a la Jim and Tammy Faye.

I also agree it's too late for Danny to get away with it. If Doug is not the upright man we've all thought he was, and he tries to protect Danny, he'll go down too.

AMEN & AMEN. I AGREE

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Eirene
post Apr 29 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Apr 29 2007, 10:25 AM) [snapback]193421[/snapback]

I agree. Trouble is splashing allegations all over the net is equivilent. It was wrong from the start and is wrong now.

Protect DS? From what? So let me see if I have this right. Your take on this is that Doug and AF have chosen to get mixed up in a corrupt ministry where Doug will end up having to deal with all the allegations against 3abn. Whether that would be kicking DS out or having to protect him. Is that right? They have a very succesful ministry so, they would put theirselves in the middle of all that grief....WHY? Doug has a good reputation but he would risk it to merge with 3abn? WHY?
And by your take and others, Danny would enter into a merger with no safeguards where he could just get "kicked out" or lose 3abn at anybodies whim. WHY?
Sorry, not working. DS and 3abn have not gotten where they are by being stupid and neither has AF. Each ministry will have safeguards in place to protect their positions, their assets and their ministries as a whole. There will be no "protecting" nor "cleaning house". Danny hasn't done anything to need protecting and 3abn is a clean house. Doug knows it, otherwise he wouldn't even be considering this merge. If both parties do not agree on the stipulations and safeguards for their ministries, the merge won't take place. It is that simple.

This post has been edited by Eirene: Apr 29 2007, 12:43 PM

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 29 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 29 2007, 11:42 AM) [snapback]193436[/snapback]

I agree. Trouble is splashing allegations all over the net is equivilent. It was wrong from the start and is wrong now.

Protect DS? From what? So let me see if I have this right. Your take on this is that Doug and AF have chosen to get mixed up in a corrupt ministry where Doug will end up having to deal with all the allegations against 3abn. Whether that would be kicking DS out or having to protect him. Is that right? They have a very succesful ministry so, they would put theirselves in the middle of all that grief....WHY? Doug has a good reputation but he would risk it to merge with 3abn? WHY?
And by your take and others, Danny would enter into a merger with no safeguards where he could just get "kicked out" or lose 3abn at anybodies whim. WHY?
Sorry, not working. DS and 3abn have not gotten where they are by being stupid and neither has AF. Each ministry will have safeguards in place to protect their positions, their assets and their ministries as a whole. There will be no "protecting" nor "cleaning house". Danny hasn't done anything to need protecting and 3abn is a clean house. Doug knows it, otherwise he wouldn't even be considering this merge. If both parties do not agree on the stipulations and safeguards for their ministries, the merge won't take place. It is that simple.

I would not argue with your postion. You may be correct. But, if you are, you are talking about a joint ventrue.

In the legal and business world, when two companies merge, the merged company assumes all of the liabilities of each of the two, as they existed prior to the merger, and any liabialities that convey to either of the companies after the merger.

To call what is now being described a merger has been quite confusing.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 29 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Eirene,
I think you have very selective reading skills. There has been much said that is intelligent observation, ideas, thoughts and opinions. you don't seem to have read or comprehended any of those dozens and dozens of post. i suggest you do more reading and less posting until you have a full spectrum of what has been said around here. it's nothing like the take you have given below.

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 29 2007, 11:42 AM) [snapback]193436[/snapback]

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Apr 29 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 29 2007, 07:25 PM) [snapback]193469[/snapback]

Eirene,
I think you have very selective reading skills. There has been much said that is intelligent observation, ideas, thoughts and opinions. you don't seem to have read or comprehended any of those dozens and dozens of post. i suggest you do more reading and less posting until you have a full spectrum of what has been said around here. it's nothing like the take you have given below.

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif The few times she has posted, I can tell she is from the Danite camp. snack.gif

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Apr 29 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 29 2007, 02:42 PM) [snapback]193436[/snapback]

Eirene,
You must come up with something new to say and at least state your source.
BTW, thanks for changing your font or unbolding. The other was extremely hard to read.

+Quote Post
MadeInHisImage
post Apr 29 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #39

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 3,461

hiya.gif I have been here on BSDA for 1 day and already I am truly concerned about the topics tht are posted here, especially about 3ABN. I am not an avid watcher of 3ABN simply because I find it very bland and does not suit my personal Caribbean flavor.... However I am uncomfortable about the way we subtly scandal our brothers and sisters. Instead I believe we should be lifting them up in prayer and help to ward off the attacks tht the evil one is making against the army and cause of Prince Emmanuel. To be honest I am actually surprised by the number of pple who follow up these posts and I am now questioning my reason for joining this site.... I even sense some amount of tension in some replys.... it ridiculous..... I do not disourage sharing of concerns but we ought to be more careful tht things like these dont become a "stumbling block" in someones way in their search for truth.... Question to all the pple reading this post "Is there anyother denomination tht has similar forums discussing all the ills plaguing their church on the net?" dunno.gif scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 29 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(MadeInHisImage @ Apr 29 2007, 08:34 PM) [snapback]193478[/snapback]

hiya.gif I have been here on BSDA for 1 day and already I am truly concerned about the topics tht are posted here, especially about 3ABN. I am not an avid watcher of 3ABN simply because I find it very bland and does not suit my personal Caribbean flavor.... However I am uncomfortable about the way we subtly scandal our brothers and sisters. Instead I believe we should be lifting them up in prayer and help to ward off the attacks tht the evil one is making against the army and cause of Prince Emmanuel. To be honest I am actually surprised by the number of pple who follow up these posts and I am now questioning my reason for joining this site.... I even sense some amount of tension in some replys.... it ridiculous..... I do not disourage sharing of concerns but we ought to be more careful tht things like these dont become a "stumbling block" in someones way in their search for truth.... Question to all the pple reading this post "Is there anyother denomination tht has similar forums discussing all the ills plaguing their church on the net?" dunno.gif scratchchin.gif

Hey, Made! welcome(1).gif

Have you read all the pinned threads at the top of this forum? What about save3abn.com?

I joined the forum some time back, went away for awhile, then came back again after the AToday article. The difference in tone between the regular posters' orginal comments and the ones they were posting when I came back was palpable. In other words, the folks that are or have become regulars here were skeptical at first, not really wanting to believe either side without more evidence.

Only one side, the side with concerns about 3ABN and who want a free and impartial investigation of these allegations, has stepped up with any evidence at all. Some of it is original documents. Some of it is eyewitness accounts by abuse victims.

I should be more precise. Eyewitness accounts and original documents constitute one set of evidence. The other side has provided evidence, but not the kind they think they're putting up. This second set of evidence is the work of Danny's apologists, called in bsda slang dannyscribes or dannynites or danites; their postings have grown so vitriolic, so hateful, so illogical and un-Christlike that one wonders what motivates them to post here. They get banned frequently for their behavior.

As we've been watching this thing unfold over time, we who have concerns have gotten pretty angry. Sometimes it comes through in ways that, yes, is less than helpful and may not be put the way Jesus would put it. Once in awhile we've been subject to corrective action by our mods here--which is fine.

But when we see people who have been hurt and destroyed by the leadership at 3ABN, is there a response appropriate other than anger? dunno.gif

Bottom line (and Eirene, pay attention): Adventists don't tolerate this kind of behavior. The reason these forums are the way they are (the reason this is all over the Internet) is because Danny and the 3ABN board have not responded to more subtle, private urgings by concerned people. It's been documented. Some of us have been praying for a year that it wouldn't take a major media story to create the change. But as someone (don't remember who) said, "If you don't clean up your church, the media will."

So, Made, welcome.gif and keep an open mind. Keep reading. spoton.gif God bless you for checking things out for yourself.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Apr 29 2007, 10:24 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 29 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #41

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Apr 27 2007, 09:08 AM) [snapback]193194[/snapback]

Whoo....I'mma stand behind the fan with a shield. This is gonna blow....
snack.gif

TVsnack.gif Mind if I stand behind you? rofl1.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Apr 29 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

please.gif scoot over and make room for me. sofa1.gif

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Apr 29 2007, 11:10 PM) [snapback]193491[/snapback]

TVsnack.gif Mind if I stand behind you? rofl1.gif

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Apr 27 2007, 07:08 AM) [snapback]193194[/snapback]

Whoo....I'mma stand behind the fan with a shield. This is gonna blow....
snack.gif

+Quote Post
Jim Larmore
post May 1 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #43

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(MadeInHisImage @ Apr 29 2007, 09:34 PM) [snapback]193478[/snapback]

As one newbie to another I agree wholeheartedly with your assessement. I have been a lurker here and other places. When it comes to this subject I feel like for the most part many of the posters here can be less than kind at times. Also, if you read all of the information on this you will find many form opinions on hear-say and not authenticated facts. Putting it simply most of what I have read on this 3ABN fiasco is nothing more than gossip and has not served to glorify the Lord at all.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 1 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #44

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Jim Larmore @ May 1 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]193775[/snapback]

As one newbie to another I agree wholeheartedly with your assessement. I have been a lurker here and other places. When it comes to this subject I feel like for the most part many of the posters here can be less than kind at times. Also, if you read all of the information on this you will find many form opinions on hear-say and not authenticated facts. Putting it simply most of what I have read on this 3ABN fiasco is nothing more than gossip and has not served to glorify the Lord at all.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

then exercise your option and stop reading it, stop lurking in this part of this forum and spend your time reading in other sections.... since you are a newbie let me say that had you read this particular discussion from the beginning you would have a little more insight into the positions some here have taken.... however since you have come late to the party, mind already made up, I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish..... dunno.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post May 1 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Jim Larmore @ May 1 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]193775[/snapback]

God Bless
Jim Larmore

And what has Danny done to glorify the Lord? He is the MAIN reason that all of this mess started in my opinion. He just had to divorce his wife instead of taking his problems to the Lord and trying the forgivness route. Remember Hosea? In the bible? Gomer? Now I'm not saying that Linda is guilty, cause I don't believe that she is after following this Danny mess. Like my mama used to say, "He went sniffin' too fast for the young thang".

I really watch out for self-righteous people like you and the Dannyscribes. scratchchin.gif

Let me get myself off this soapbox before I get in trouble. soapzip.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church