Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13377&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:47 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Doug Batchelor Responds
mozart
post May 1 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,207

it's just self-righteous drivil clay. that's what he does. he just came to hate and ridicule. IGGY works. i never read his post in any forums anymore. but he can't help himself by his own admission. he's addicted. go figure. afro.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ May 1 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]193782[/snapback]

then exercise your option and stop reading it, stop lurking in this part of this forum and spend your time reading in other sections.... since you are a newbie let me say that had you read this particular discussion from the beginning you would have a little more insight into the positions some here have taken.... however since you have come late to the party, mind already made up, I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish..... dunno.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 1 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #47

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(mozart @ May 1 2007, 04:22 PM) [snapback]193786[/snapback]

it's just self-righteous drivil clay. that's what he does. he just came to hate and ridicule. IGGY works. i never read his post in any forums anymore. but he can't help himself by his own admission. he's addicted. go figure. afro.gif

thats what I thought...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 1 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #48

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Jim Larmore)
As one newbie to another I agree wholeheartedly with your assessement. I have been a lurker here and other places. When it comes to this subject I feel like for the most part many of the posters here can be less than kind at times. Also, if you read all of the information on this you will find many form opinions on hear-say and not authenticated facts. Putting it simply most of what I have read on this 3ABN fiasco is nothing more than gossip and has not served to glorify the Lord at all.

Jim, many of us shared our experience when we first came here. I explained how I went from one side to the other. If you've lurked, you must be aware there is a great deal of skepticism around here as we've watched people come and go, some get suspended for the reasons you've given, only to reappear under another username--or so it appears.

I'd be interested in what swayed you one way or the other, and also how you feel about scriptural application to 1) marriage/divorce; 2) child molesters; 3) Chrisitans going to the law to settle differences. Plus, maybe you have views on the 3abn vs. State of Illinois cas, the use of technology, rather than person to person ministry, to spread the most unique part of the 3 angel's message, whether the two ministries uniting is a "merger" or a "joint venture," and finally how you view a TV evangelist...divorced, carrying guns, dressed in a longhorn western blazer, exorbitant salary gleaned from his viewers, hopping on corporate jet to go preach the gospel to the poor, and suing anyone that offends his pride.

There is a certain wisdom found in the bleachers. Many of us do not know the players but are quite familiar with the games we are watching. Then there's the media--those who try and explain (or re-explain) what we actually see happening. We in the the bleachers are not easily fooled...so, it is always interesting to get to know a newbie.

Care to share? If not, you must understand.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church