Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13383&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:11:09 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuits Filed
Observer
post Apr 23 2007, 03:57 AM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

Posting today (April 23, 2007) Danny Shelton said:

We have a donor who has been donating funds for some time for the purpose of legal bills incurred whether lawsuit or not. He is not taking a tax donation for these donations.
He and his family believe in 3ABN and the decisions we have made. They like our 3ABN Board have decided that people who are accusing myself and the 3ABN board of gross misconduct and out right crimes need to be held accountable.
We have filed a lawsuit against two individuals in particular to begin with.
I won't say anymore on that subject right now.

# 2

For now Doug will be staying in California. He will be traveling more between the two ministries though.
We don't have plans to move either ministry right now.
It may take a few weeks for our new officers to be announced.
I am suggesting to the new board that Doug be the new President of 3ABN/Amazing Facts.
Titles have never been important to me. It just happened that since I started 3ABN that I have been President all these years and have never been comfortable with anyone else in that seat. I called Doug and offered him that position. Of course the new board will have to vote it, but I don't see that as a problem.
I believe that Doug B and I have the same vision and am comfortable for him to be President.
Hopefully neither of us will spend much time in day to day operations as we both will be traveling extensively for the new corp. Doug will continue to Pastor Sacremento Cental Church as well as still be with Amazing Fact in California. I will continue with 3ABN here in Illinois.

Note the clear statement that lawsuits have been filed against two people.

This post has been edited by Observer: Apr 23 2007, 03:58 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daylily
post Apr 23 2007, 04:36 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

Where/when did Danny say this? Did he say in on tv or email it to someone?

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 23 2007, 05:31 AM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(daylily @ Apr 23 2007, 04:36 AM) [snapback]192538[/snapback]

He posted it on Club Adventist, this mornning.

Here is the link:

http://clubadventist.org/forum/ubbthreads....ge/2#Post121320

This post has been edited by Observer: Apr 23 2007, 05:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 23 2007, 06:42 AM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

We have a donor who has been donating funds for some time for the purpose of legal bills incurred whether lawsuit or not. He is not taking a tax donation for these donations.
He and his family believe in 3ABN and the decisions we have made. They like our 3ABN Board have decided that people who are accusing myself and the 3ABN board of gross misconduct and out right crimes need to be held accountable.
We have filed a lawsuit against two individuals in particular to begin with.
I won't say anymore on that subject right now.

I wonder what specific accusations of "gross misconduct and out right crimes" the lawsuit is set up to address? I don't think it is a stretch or blind speculation to figure out which two individuals these may be. Of course, as has been pointed out before, lawsuits take time so even after these two individuals are served it may be awhile before anyone knows the particulars unless they are spelled out clearly in the documents they are served with.

# 2

For now Doug will be staying in California. He will be traveling more between the two ministries though.
We don't have plans to move either ministry right now.
It may take a few weeks for our new officers to be announced.
I am suggesting to the new board that Doug be the new President of 3ABN/Amazing Facts. Titles have never been important to me. It just happened that since I started 3ABN that I have been President all these years and have never been comfortable with anyone else in that seat. I called Doug and offered him that position. Of course the new board will have to vote it, but I don't see that as a problem.
I believe that Doug B and I have the same vision and am comfortable for him to be President. Hopefully neither of us will spend much time in day to day operations as we both will be traveling extensively for the new corp. Doug will continue to Pastor Sacremento Cental Church as well as still be with Amazing Fact in California. I will continue with 3ABN here in Illinois.

Some points in this statement seem to leave the door open that there just might be a future move by one of the ministries.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Apr 23 2007, 06:49 AM
Post #5

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(daylily @ Apr 23 2007, 06:36 AM) [snapback]192538[/snapback]

Gregory Matthew's link just goes to one of the statements he quotes. Danny Shelton is, even as I post, addressing alot of different questions and clarifying issues, which have been muddied here and elsewhere, on Club Adventist.

For those interested in the truth, and in considering all in a unbiased manner; this link will take you to the interview::

Interview with Danny Shelton

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 23 2007, 06:56 AM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Aletheia,
Welcome back! Thanks for the link to the interview. On my way there right now.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 23 2007, 07:06 AM
Post #7

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 23 2007, 08:49 AM) [snapback]192549[/snapback]

Gregory Matthew's link just goes to one of the statements he quotes. Danny Shelton is, even as I post, addressing alot of different questions and clarifying issues, which have been muddied here and elsewhere, on Club Adventist.

For those interested in the truth, and in considering all in a unbiased manner; this link will take you to the interview::

Is this another one of those "mostly true" things Lee mentioned the other day, Cindy?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Eirene
post Apr 23 2007, 07:59 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 23 2007, 07:06 AM) [snapback]192553[/snapback]

Is this another one of those "mostly true" things Lee mentioned the other day, Cindy?

In His service,
Mr. J

Isn’t it sad that some of us keep so busy digging in the dirt that all we see is dirt and we fail to see the good fruits that have grown and flourished all around us? Let us keep our eyes upward on our Lord Jesus Christ and ask Him to help us see rightly and that we may grow and bare good fruit also.

Eirene

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 23 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Apr 23 2007, 02:57 AM) [snapback]192537[/snapback]

Posting today (April 23, 2007) Danny Shelton said:
Note the clear statement that lawsuits have been filed against two people.

FYI:

I have checked. I can not find any documentation that anyone has been served.

That does not mean that lawsuits have not been filed. But, I cannot document that anyone has yet been served.

Gregory Matthews

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 23 2007, 09:51 AM
Post #10

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 23 2007, 09:59 AM) [snapback]192560[/snapback]

Isn’t it sad that some of us keep so busy digging in the dirt that all we see is dirt and we fail to see the good fruits that have grown and flourished all around us? Let us keep our eyes upward on our Lord Jesus Christ and ask Him to help us see rightly and that we may grow and bare good fruit also.

Eirene

Not nearly as sad as the blind continuing to lead the blind and then yelling "WHO PUT THIS DITCH HERE" when they inevitably fall into it...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Apr 23 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #11

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

I've been rereading a book about Christ, called The Man Nobody Knows, written in 1925. Great book.

IPB Image

I keep thing about how different Christ was, and his mission. His kingdom was not about rich donors, fighters, suers, and the smug. Somehow, I just can't imagine Christ in his new pickup, divorced, with guns, dressed in a back western longhorn blazer, armed with the moneybags of Carnegie, driving out to get on his new jet to go preach the gospel, and to sue those who offended his pride.
    And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. -Mat 5

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 23 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Apr 23 2007, 08:17 AM) [snapback]192587[/snapback]

I've been rereading a book about Christ, called The Man Nobody Knows, written in 1925. Great book.

IPB Image

I keep thing about how different Christ was, and his mission. His kingdom was not about rich donors, fighters, suers, and the smug. Somehow, I just can't imagine Christ in his new pickup, divorced, with guns, dressed in a back western longhorn blazer, armed with the moneybags of Carnegie, driving out to get on his new jet to go preach the gospel, and to sue those who offended his pride.
    And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. -Mat 5

Hmmm. Yes, quite a thought provoking picture. Of course, we would do well to make the comparison personal as well. We would do well to examine our lives and see if they are so closely identified with HIM that we reflect HIM and that our actions are truly HIS.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 23 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #13

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Nothing has been muddled, Cindy. They made an announcement about a merger. Most people on 2007 in an age of corporate mergers know how they work. too many os us have been victims of them. Everyone had questions about how this one would work. They made the announcement with out giving any details. Now whether that is becuase did not know anymore or were trying to be coy, if they wanted no speculation or questions they should do as they are doing now. Answer the questions they can, say more info will come as they get it.

Now one thing that we all said and you all wanted to deny and that is DB will be the president. No matter how you put it, they allowed Danny the dignity they did not give Linda, and are allowing him to resign, or the new board to vote him out with his permission, etc. That is also what is done at that level of the corporate world. Y'all can spin this any way you want, but the truth of the matter is that Danny ,like tommy a few months back is now a liability to 3ABN. Almost everything about his business practices and his personal life as it relates to his business practices is being questioned, and just not on some in consequential online message boards either(as you all would have us to believe), but in the places it counts. 3ABN is a business, nowever their buisness is ministry. Integrity and cedibility are paramount to their success, and Danny's mounting list of questions is a definite problem. Tommy "retire early for health reason". Now we have a merger, with a ministry and a man with no crediblity issues. Simple. Just tell the truthe and shame the devil as my Mom says.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 23 2007, 04:49 AM) [snapback]192549[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Eirene
post Apr 23 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 23 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]192598[/snapback]

Nothing has been muddled, Cindy. They made an announcement about a merger. Most people on 2007 in an age of corporate mergers know how they work. too many os us have been victims of them. Everyone had questions about how this one would work. They made the announcement with out giving any details. Now whether that is becuase did not know anymore or were trying to be coy, if they wanted no speculation or questions they should do as they are doing now. Answer the questions they can, say more info will come as they get it.

Now one thing that we all said and you all wanted to deny and that is DB will be the president. No matter how you put it, they allowed Danny the dignity they did not give Linda, and are allowing him to resign, or the new board to vote him out with his permission, etc. That is also what is done at that level of the corporate world. Y'all can spin this any way you want, but the truth of the matter is that Danny ,like tommy a few months back is now a liability to 3ABN. Almost everything about his business practices and his personal life as it relates to his business practices is being questioned, and just not on some in consequential online message boards either(as you all would have us to believe), but in the places it counts. 3ABN is a business, nowever their buisness is ministry. Integrity and cedibility are paramount to their success, and Danny's mounting list of questions is a definite problem. Tommy "retire early for health reason". Now we have a merger, with a ministry and a man with no crediblity issues. Simple. Just tell the truthe and shame the devil as my Mom says.

Now Di, you are refuting every fact that has been established and with what? What evidence do you have to back up any of the allegations. DANNY IS NOT LEAVING 3ABN. He told it on the live and he just said it over at club adventist. Maybe he didn't make it plain enough for those that can't seem to comprehend that he will hold the title of CEO over 3abn. Why don't you email AF and ask them if DS is going anywhere? Because he is generous enough to allow Doug to be given the title of President of 3abn/amazingfacts, he has to now put up with this kind of grief from people who don't know what they are talking about. This has been said and said again. Contractually, neither ministry can take over the other or Danny take dougs position or Doug take Danny's position. Your remark that DS and 3abn is a liability makes no sense whatsoever. If it was a liability, AF certainly wouldn't have chosen to be a part of it. They have been a succesful ministry on their own. Why involve themselves if it was such a liability? Your desperation to believe what you want to believe is extremely pathetic.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 23 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #15

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 23 2007, 04:09 PM) [snapback]192616[/snapback]

Your desperation to believe what you want to believe is extremely pathetic.

You just walked in the door here spouting words placed in your mouth by others and knowing no one here from a can of semi-gloss latex... so you are not in a position to call anyone desperate or pathetic save the person in your mirror.

Letting your mouth write checks the rest of you can't cash is always a bad idea... you'd do well to pay heed to that point...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post

33 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:11 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church