Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13383&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:25:50 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuits Filed
runner4him
post Apr 24 2007, 05:08 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Apr 23 2007, 10:32 PM) [snapback]192677[/snapback]

I really try not to get angry because it is not healthy, but I am finding it more and more difficult to control my anger and that is why my time is so limited on this thread. The fact of the matter is that Danny and Linda were holding hands pointing at the stars and lovey dubby. And in the space of two weeks after that the love of his life Linda was completely wiped from the face of the earth. Come on folks do you really think people are that stupid? I believe that some people are angry because this forum and others had the guts to question what was thrown in their face. Here are the facts folks Dannys wife was removed from office and from her marriage, and we as the donors and share holders were never given a straight aurthenticated reason why. Since the company and its mission are spiritual in nature a straight forward and provable reason was absolutly necessary. The face of the company was suppose to represent Christ in character thus directing those watching to the savior (that is the only mission or 3abn to represent Christ). We do not owe the company or the church our allegiance, our only allegiance is God and not man.

[Amen to all he said! Like I have said before it is all a wake up call....allegiance to God and not to man.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Apr 24 2007, 05:19 AM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 23 2007, 04:38 PM) [snapback]192621[/snapback]

Thirdly, you would want to take your tone down a notch or two when you post. Me. as an Admin, failure to do so will cause your membership here to be interrupted, in not altogether discontinued. Me as a member, you got the wrong Girl in me, and this will also cause an interruption in your membership. We can disagree with out being disrespectful. smile.gif [/color]

Respectfully, I saw no disrespect, nor challenge of you as a administrator, or any forum rules here, Di. You might want to take it down a notch or two yourself. Your personal opinions can be challenged. As you yourself said you should be able to disagree without being disrespectful, -- and without the threats, right?

Di also wrote:
Aletheia, youare all given things to write here.

That is flat out false.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Apr 24 2007, 05:21 AM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Apr 24 2007, 05:26 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 23 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]192648[/snapback]

QUOTE(runner4him @ Apr 23 2007, 05:57 PM)

.....check to see if a large expensive jet is being used for transportation to no where special!
Let us put things in the right perspective. When the first disciples and Paul were doing God’s work they either had to walk to distant places or send letters with others and it took a lot of time. Nowadays we have cars, planes, and trains. We also have computers, and phones. One has to take everything into consideration; time, work schedules etc. One of my sons has a job where he at times flies across the country and even overseas. In this country he could walk or drive, go by plane or train, but then he has to consider the time that will be spent in travel and the schedules he must keep and compare it to the schedules of the planes or trains. By spending more money to fly he can go to three different areas, sometimes coast to coast, and gain more for the business than if he drove to just one of those areas and only gained one thing for the business. Which is more cost effective and uses time more wisely? We have to ask ourselves if we are willing to put aside our computers and telephones and keep in contact only by snail mail because computers and phone calls cost more. Jesus didn’t have them either and I don’t think we believe we are better than Him if we use them.

Do any of us honestly believe that the 3ABN board would okay anyone to use the jet to fly to no where special. From what I can see they are all about doing the Lord’s business and we should be too. We should also be praising the Lord for blessing us with the ways and means to help us finish the work.

Eirene

You can say all you want in defense of that VERY expensive jet to fly all over when DS could use public transportation at prices which are a fraction of the cost, and still the bottom line is what do the people think who have been supporting 3abn all these years? I for one never knew about the jet and I definitely would have been alarmed at spending funds given through sacrifice and in good faith for spreading the Gospel. You have to agree that when Jesus walked among men he used simple means and did even pack a lunch so He might demonstrate God's power and speak to the hearts of men. What a contrast today....we have a dreamer traveling first class in a private jet, pleading for more money, apparently hiding assets, divorcing and remarrying before national TV, covering up a brother who is an admitted abuser.....blows my mind that anyone can be in his camp defending his actions. I am one of many who hold the purse strings and say STOP with the blind giving.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 24 2007, 05:46 AM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 24 2007, 07:07 AM) [snapback]192700[/snapback]

How many objected to the jet when linda was still at 3ABN and using it? Where is your outrage and protest recorded?

Adventist Today printed an article regarding this well before Linda was ousted from 3abn.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Apr 24 2007, 06:15 AM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

BTW, Di, Calvin, or Clay???

I know this is offtopic, but ever since yesterday I haven't been able to read, send, or reply to pms. That's why I am posting instead of sending pms.

I just noticed Rosyroi also saying she was having problems with pms, in the chatbox. I tried to do a search just now, so I could correct and clarify the Jet issue for runner, regarding how it's paid for and got the same error message, as I do with the pms:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 184320 bytes) in /home/blacksda/public_html/forums/sources/action_public/D2mods/Shoutbox/classes/class.misc.php on line 148"

dunno.gif

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Apr 24 2007, 06:18 AM

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Apr 24 2007, 06:50 AM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 24 2007, 01:07 PM) [snapback]192700[/snapback]

Because Jesus walked, and rode a donkey?
The example was given to show that with Jesus, mission doesnt have the same priorities as does a corporation. Wether 3ABNs priorities reflect those of a mission or those of a buisness, maybe you can tell me? For example, is the time saved by owning or leasing your airplane more important or is the witnessing opportunity gained by traveling with public transportation more important? You tell me what the proper priorities are.

(Of course recogniseing that this concerns the priorities of what one does most commonly. With either choise there are of course exceptions where the other alternative is preferable for that specific time and purpose.)

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 24 2007, 06:52 AM
Post #37

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

I have been getting the same message when trying to PM since sometime yesterday.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Apr 24 2007, 07:03 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 24 2007, 05:46 AM) [snapback]192707[/snapback]

Adventist Today printed an article regarding this well before Linda was ousted from 3abn.

As for me, I just was not aware of the jet but I would definitely have objected if I knew about it. I object to the jet not just who is using it.

I guess I was like so many others sitting in the easy chair.... paying for Sky Angel..... watching 3ABN....writing checks...blindly believing....saying go for it....tell the world....becoming more and more passive.....little sinking in. No more! I must take personal responsibility and seek Him...doing more....serving more....questioning more.....being involved! Come Lord Jesus for a people who are ready and I pray I am with those people who are seeking Him.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 24 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 24 2007, 12:25 AM) [snapback]192692[/snapback]

In Jesus day there were horses and chariots. Jesus had neither. He went on foot like the common people did, except for one time when he borrowed a donkey. The apostles traveled by commercial ship when they went overseas. They did not own or lease a ship. They did not own or lease chariots. Is anyone's time on this earth more valuable than Jesus' was? Is any person's ministry more important than his? Is what they can do with their time here more valuable than his was?

BTW. The 3ABN board does not OK where the jet flies. They don't take part in those decisions.

beartrap,

I think what you are stating here is the bottom line. We know that Jesus mostly walked around during his ministry (He did take some boat trips folks, remember?). His disciples were the ones faced with using the commercial transpotation of the day. We know Danny isn't Jesus, just supposed to be one of his representatives like the apostles were. If Paul was here today, continuing to follow the great commission to spread the Gospel, would he have a leased jet and two pilots on standby? Realistically, I think he would weigh all of the details and see if it was the most practical use of the time and money that had been dedicated to the Lord.

I wonder if the CFO at 3abn has crunched those numbers on a spreadsheet? For the donor's sakes, I hope so. That would be good stewardship, IMO.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Apr 24 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Apr 23 2007, 11:30 PM) [snapback]192688[/snapback]

And herein lies the fundamental difference. You've stated it well. 3abn is a business. A professional, legal, state approved business. Taking the gospel to the whole world was not intended to become a legal type of professional business operation. With your approach, the mission dies when funds decline.

But, not so with Christ's ways, and that of HIS disciples. In Mat 10, when he sent them out to preach the Kingdom of God, he specifically told them they would not need money. Nothing has changed. Technology can come and go, but the mission of The Man Nobody Knows will remain the same. The REAL fire will spread from heart to heart...and no one will get rich off the true message...

...and you can take that to the bank!

Well said Laurence. It's relatively painless to make those monthly contributions to these businesses thinking that somehow we have participated in spreading the gospel. We feel good about it because we hear wonderful stories of dreams and the usual tricks with numbers. I'm afraid the actual return on investment is pretty lousy.

The real investment we're called to make is in the people around us. Emotional, lasting, life long investments in relationships that lead others to Christ. We will never have difficulty finding places to put our money. You are right, "Heart to Heart" is really the only way.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 24 2007, 07:21 AM
Post #41

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 24 2007, 07:19 AM) [snapback]192703[/snapback]

Respectfully, I saw no disrespect, nor challenge of you as a administrator, or any forum rules here, Di. You might want to take it down a notch or two yourself. Your personal opinions can be challenged. As you yourself said you should be able to disagree without being disrespectful, -- and without the threats, right?

Your selective myopia notwithstanding... eirene's calling Di "desperate" and "pathetic" is disrespectful.. particularly for someone who has been posting here all of 2 days.

How you choose to view it is immaterial; if you want to be the arbiter of such things, then you need to spend the money to reserve the domain www.landoftheblind.com and set up your own forum.

That is flat out false.

Pray tell what things you have witnessed for yourself, Cindy... oh wait... I forgot... you said you weren't a witness... and since you are not a witness, the only way you can be informed is if someone is telling you... so spare us your indignation; you, after all, are the one who posted the email from fhb giving you your marching orders... are you now saying that email was patently untrue?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 24 2007, 07:23 AM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 23 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]192648[/snapback]

QUOTE(runner4him @ Apr 23 2007, 05:57 PM)

.....check to see if a large expensive jet is being used for transportation to no where special!

Let us put things in the right perspective. When the first disciples and Paul were doing God’s work they either had to walk to distant places or send letters with others and it took a lot of time. Nowadays we have cars, planes, and trains. We also have computers, and phones. One has to take everything into consideration; time, work schedules etc. One of my sons has a job where he at times flies across the country and even overseas. In this country he could walk or drive, go by plane or train, but then he has to consider the time that will be spent in travel and the schedules he must keep and compare it to the schedules of the planes or trains. By spending more money to fly he can go to three different areas, sometimes coast to coast, and gain more for the business than if he drove to just one of those areas and only gained one thing for the business. Which is more cost effective and uses time more wisely? We have to ask ourselves if we are willing to put aside our computers and telephones and keep in contact only by snail mail because computers and phone calls cost more. Jesus didn’t have them either and I don’t think we believe we are better than Him if we use them.

Do any of us honestly believe that the 3ABN board would okay anyone to use the jet to fly to no where special. From what I can see they are all about doing the Lord’s business and we should be too. We should also be praising the Lord for blessing us with the ways and means to help us finish the work.

Eirene

Eirene,

You make some very valid points here and I appreciate the tone you have used while sharing your perspective.

We, as those not privy to the 3abn accounting department, have no way to really know if that leased jet and pilots have ever been used for other than ministry business. I would hope not.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Apr 24 2007, 07:25 AM

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Apr 24 2007, 07:28 AM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 24 2007, 07:07 AM) [snapback]192700[/snapback]

I am not here to argue,
blink.gif so you say...

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

This post has been edited by caribbean sda: Apr 24 2007, 07:30 AM

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Apr 24 2007, 07:31 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Observer @ Apr 23 2007, 03:57 AM) [snapback]192537[/snapback]

Posting today (April 23, 2007) Danny Shelton said:
Note the clear statement that lawsuits have been filed against two people.

As for the "lawsuits"....From my understanding DS has a history of making statements of ideas as though they are actual facts in the making. Apparently he has done this in the past and it has caused potential dealings to sour due to his premature boosting or announcements. Perhaps it was another dream or vision of a lawsuit and DS is confused. For the record....we need not fear what man can do (in a court room or elsewhere) but we need to be vigilant and do the Lord's work speaking truth all the way!

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 24 2007, 07:37 AM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 24 2007, 04:07 AM) [snapback]192700[/snapback]

Many here say many things. Unfortunately, much of it is ugly, saying things are true, and proving things are true, are not the same thing.

Mat 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
This whole conversation is offtopic as usual, and extremely ridiculous, as many of the discussions here are.

Interesting that you would say and quote these things.

So many keep trying to identify 3ABN as a "business" and remove God from the issues, but it's a ministry, people! Like it or not, you can't change that. The work they do for the Lord, and the people who they've reached, constantly sharing their testimony is proof of that,

The prophet Daniel, spoke of " the time of the end" as the time when "many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."

Jesus said:"Go ye unto all the world" are we to refuse to use modern tools and assets such as the phone, the internet, the radio, television, cable, satelites, and planes, trains and automobiles, to reach the most people, in the most efficient ways possible with the good news and the 3 angels message, because these things didn't exist in Jesus' day?

NO!

3ABN has a mission that is worldwide, this involves travel in whatever way is most efficient, timewise and financially, and it's up to 3ABN what they do, and how they do it, not a bunch of jealous and bitter sour grapes who erroniously call themselves stockholders in the pews.

You aren't, and you don't even support the ministry, you only attack it.

How do you know who here does or does not financially support 3abn? Jesus expects us to be good stewards of His funds while we spread the gospel.

Derrell Mundall is here talking about what a waste a jet is when doing the Lord's work as called to do, and so many of you agree.

Because Jesus walked, and rode a donkey?

When was the last time you and Linda walked or rode a donkey to one of Linda's engagements, Derrell?

When you were upgrading your lodging and car rentals etc when travelling for 3ABN were you concerned with where the donors money was being spent Mr Mundall?

How many of you have ever objected to Linda jetting back and forth to Europe?

How many objected to the jet when linda was still at 3ABN and using it? Where is your outrage and protest recorded?

This whole agenda against 3ABN is all so very hypocritical, one sided and biased.

I am not here to argue, I just want the readers here to see how petty your arguments are, and why your complaints and accusations can't be taken seriously.

Now, remember those words you spoke at the beginning of your post? How do they apply to your own writings? What is the spirit you exhibit as you throw hearsay attacks at Derrell? Have you seen the documents proving that Derrell upgraded his lodging and car rentals to know if what you have been told is true? The point is, you took a discussion about stewardship and turned it into a personal attack. That doesn't edify the dialogue, IMO.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:25 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church