Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13386&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:13:02 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pondering Visiting Pastor Doug
PJMusic
post Apr 23 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #1

Welcome Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,033

Only in this past week have I even known that DB even is in Sacramento. Guess I don't keep up well. I am tempted to go and visit him, but not sure he would even see me. I would just want to say who I am, and where I am from (West Frankfort), even though I now reside in Sacramento, and then how the coverup of what Tommy has had an effect on me and the friends I grew up with. I would hope that he would at least listen, although I seriously doubt anything will come out of it. Although I don't really have anything to say on Danny, I do have the issue of Tommy and what had happened to my friends. I guess it's a more of trying to maybe personally enlighten based on my experience of what had happened.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 23 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #2

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(PJMusic @ Apr 23 2007, 10:47 AM) [snapback]192596[/snapback]

Only in this past week have I even known that DB even is in Sacramento. Guess I don't keep up well. I am tempted to go and visit him, but not sure he would even see me. I would just want to say who I am, and where I am from (West Frankfort), even though I now reside in Sacramento, and then how the coverup of what Tommy has had an effect on me and the friends I grew up with. I would hope that he would at least listen, although I seriously doubt anything will come out of it. Although I don't really have anything to say on Danny, I do have the issue of Tommy and what had happened to my friends. I guess it's a more of trying to maybe personally enlighten based on my experience of what had happened.

He is the pastor of the Sacramento Central Chruch.

You might drop him a note, tell him that you used to live in the 3-ABN area, and would like to talk to him about your personal experiences.

You can not lose, and maybe he just might see you.

This post has been edited by Observer: Apr 23 2007, 12:07 PM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 23 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

PJM,

I completely agree with Gregory. Pray about it. I will, also. If the Lord wants you to have contact with Doug Batchelor, I know the doors will be opened for you.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
inga
post Apr 23 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #4

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

PJ, please don't let this thought drop. Just one person can sometimes make an incredible difference. Perhaps that one person is you. All you need to do is tell your story. Tell what you know from experience. And, of course, you know that Danny had Tommy working for him at 3ABN and effectively enabled his behavior.

May the Lord bless you and give you courage.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Apr 23 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

amen.gif

I join the others praying for you to be able to visit one on one with Doug and pray that the Lord will give you the right words to say that will help Doug be receptive to your story.

TVsnack.gif

Rosyroi
@}---;---;-----

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Apr 23 2007, 10:52 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
erik
post Apr 23 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Apr 23 2007, 08:50 PM) [snapback]192683[/snapback]

amen.gif

I join the others praying for you to be able to visit one on one with Doug and pray that the Lord will give you the right words to say that will help Doug be receptive to your story.

TVsnack.gif
Rosyroi
@}---;---;-----

PJmusic,

Maybe Like Easter you have been called for such a time has this.

We will be praying for you, to have wisdom and courage.

Erik

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 24 2007, 02:34 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(erik @ Apr 23 2007, 11:13 PM) [snapback]192684[/snapback]

PJmusic,

Maybe Like Easter you have been called for such a time has this.

We will be praying for you, to have wisdom and courage.

Erik

you mean esther right?

QUOTE(PJMusic @ Apr 23 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]192596[/snapback]

i think that is an awesome and brave thing to do. surrender and pray daily. not because that it's DB. but that you would go tell this to anyone that you think would listen that might make a difference. i think you should be careful who you tell what you want to talk to him about. just be determinied to get in the door, saying it's very personal. you might try talking to karen, his wife, if getting to him is too hard. but i say "you go girl." go do this thing. God bless you. !

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Apr 24 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 24 2007, 02:34 AM) [snapback]192696[/snapback]

but i say "you go girl."

Maybe you might NOT wanna say that. PJMusic is a guy. giggle.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.

PJMusic, if you feel like that is what you should do then go for it. You can show how this coverup has affected someone like yourself, and what it has done to the rest of us as well.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
PJMusic
post Apr 24 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #9

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 3,033

Thank u everyone for your support on this. I feel I have a very tough decision to make...

+Quote Post
Eirene
post Apr 24 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(PJMusic @ Apr 23 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]192596[/snapback]

And what is it you think Doug could or would do? I will go through this one more time. There were never any charges filed against TS. No coverup at 3abn ever even came close to being proven, and TS is no longer there and hasn't been for months. So, what would any of this have to do with Doug and AF? Should I even have to add, again, that Doug has been clear that Danny will continue to run 3abn and Doug will continue to run amazing facts. THERE ARE SAFEGUARDS IN PLACE TO ENSURE THAT ONE MINISTRY CAN'T TAKE OVER THE OTHER.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Apr 24 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 24 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]192769[/snapback]

And what is it you think Doug could or would do? I will go through this one more time. There were never any charges filed against TS. No coverup at 3abn ever even came close to being proven, and TS is no longer there and hasn't been for months. So, what would any of this have to do with Doug and AF? Should I even have to add, again, that Doug has been clear that Danny will continue to run 3abn and Doug will continue to run amazing facts. THERE ARE SAFEGUARDS IN PLACE TO ENSURE THAT ONE MINISTRY CAN'T TAKE OVER THE OTHER.

PJMusic, this is simply another Danny apologist trying to hijack a thread.

Please ignore.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 24 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(PJMusic @ Apr 24 2007, 02:20 PM) [snapback]192766[/snapback]

Thank u everyone for your support on this. I feel I have a very tough decision to make...

I'd very strongly advise you to get local, face to face, counsel on this... not the directive kind, but the kind of counselor who talks with you through the reasons why you are thinking of this, what you think might be accomplished, what would happen to your inner self if you were not successful in what you want to accomplish. Personally, I see nothing that would be accomplished, since Doug is not the one who directly perpetrated the offenses toward you..... and he really has no direct control over the one who did. My thought would be that you should save any confrontation you do for a place where it might count for something... in a court of law for example... for these things have gone far beyond the person-to-person contact stage, and there is a good chance that there may be litigation from some of the abused. And you certainly do not need any of the surfacy type of interaction which Doug describes in his public presentations of how he interacts with others.

So I guess my bottom line thoughts would be for you to take time to think it through thoroughly... and... did you say you are IN Sacramento yourself? If so then I'd suggest that you visit his church and observe him in action. This might tell you a lot about what kind of reception you would get from him. Then you will have more information on which to base your decision. I know I have gone to meetings at times deliberately planning to meet the speaker afterwards... and sometimes I have done so, and established good relationships with them... and sometimes I have walked away without even introducing myself to them, having seen in their self-presentations.... or in their interactions with others.... that which warned me away.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 24 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #13

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 24 2007, 11:27 AM) [snapback]192774[/snapback]

I'd very strongly advise you to get local, face to face, counsel on this... not the directive kind, but the kind of counselor who talks with you through the reasons why you are thinking of this, what you think might be accomplished, what would happen to your inner self if you were not successful in what you want to accomplish. Personally, I see nothing that would be accomplished, since Doug is not the one who directly perpetrated the offenses toward you..... and he really has no direct control over the one who did. My thought would be that you should save any confrontation you do for a place where it might count for something... in a court of law for example... for these things have gone far beyond the person-to-person contact stage, and there is a good chance that there may be litigation from some of the abused. And you certainly do not need any of the surfacy type of interaction which Doug describes in his public presentations of how he interacts with others.

So I guess my bottom line thoughts would be for you to take time to think it through thoroughly... and... did you say you are IN Sacramento yourself? If so then I'd suggest that you visit his church and observe him in action. This might tell you a lot about what kind of reception you would get from him. Then you will have more information on which to base your decision. I know I have gone to meetings at times deliberately planning to meet the speaker afterwards... and sometimes I have done so, and established good relationships with them... and sometimes I have walked away without even introducing myself to them, having seen in their self-presentations.... or in their interactions with others.... that which warned me away.

WB,

I think your words of caution are wise and I agree that PJ should think through what he hopes to accomplish and how he is going to proceed. Someone who can be a face-to-face soundingboard is also wise to consider. I especially agree with your second paragraph. This would be an excellent way to prepare and decide if he should attempt contact.

If the Lord is placing a burden on PJ's heart to reach out to Doug with his first-hand testimony, I believe He will clear the way and open the doors. PJ needs to be certain whether or not it is the wise thing to do. Your advice along all of our prayers will help to that end, as well.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Apr 24 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 24 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]192769[/snapback]

Inside voice please. Bolding and CAPs just cause others to plug their ears.

"So, what would any of this have to do with Doug and AF?"

- This has everything to do with Doug and AF. This would be like marrying someone that has been accused of a crime and expecting to not be affected. Merger does not imply there will be two after the merger. When there is a confluence of two rivers, can you keep the water separate after the two rivers merge. If you merge onto a highway, can you drive without interacting with the traffic on the highway.

TS is no longer there and hasn't been for months.

Let's count - January, February, March, part of April - You say this like it has been a long time. Less than 4 months is a short span of time when we are talking about events that took place in the 80's. Oh, I forgot - all of this happened over thirty years ago according to DS.

We have already heard all of the excuses that you can come up with. And BTW, I think I will allow PJMusic, Duane and others tell their first-hand experiences without yelling at them.

PJMusic, Even considering whether to go and meet with Doug must show your friends in IL that you are still right there with them and will support them through it all. I am sure they are proud to call you a friend. Do not let others that do not have your best interest in mind influence your decisions on this or anything else.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 24 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Apr 24 2007, 10:14 AM) [snapback]192750[/snapback]

Maybe you might NOT wanna say that. PJMusic is a guy. giggle.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.

PJMusic, if you feel like that is what you should do then go for it. You can show how this coverup has affected someone like yourself, and what it has done to the rest of us as well.

OOOOPS! APOLOGIES PJ

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:13 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church