Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13529&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:37:49 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do Local Thompsonville Residents Feel About 3abn?..., and how does this affect their opinion of the SDA church?
SoulEspresso
post May 11 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 11 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]195088[/snapback]

4. Your use of the word "ect." is of great interest.

.... It's like deja vu all over again!

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: May 11 2007, 05:43 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 11 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 11 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]195075[/snapback]

Well Duane, that would be a matter of opinion wouldn't it? You state it as if it were a factual conclusion when it is not. I have been to T'ville also. I have ate at the restaurant that is the beehive of gossip and also where you can learn a lot about the locals vs 3abn. I have heard the N word being spouted more than once. I have also heard about the "outsiders" that 3abn has brought in. I was also told by a local that did not know I knew anything about 3abn that they were an sda cult and had hidden tunnels and weapons!! They didn't like all the property that 3abn had purchased through the years and yet it was the locals that sold it to them.
Let's use a little sense here.

Well folks, let's use a little logic in discerning this post. Considering that Eirene is "the tiger lady" when it comes to anyone saying anything negative about certain 3ABN employees, what are the odds that she actually heard all this she eludes to OR is this just what she has been told has been said by "a bunch of old racist people who don't like change" (tongue in cheek by me). GIMME A GIGANTIC BREAK thumbdown.gif
Since Eirene doesn't answer questions PB. , don't hold your breath. i'll just go back to bangin me head. wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

This post has been edited by mozart: May 12 2007, 10:05 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post May 12 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 11 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]195075[/snapback]

Well Duane, that would be a matter of opinion wouldn't it? You state it as if it were a factual conclusion when it is not. I have been to T'ville also. I have ate at the restaurant that is the beehive of gossip and also where you can learn a lot about the locals vs 3abn. I have heard the N word being spouted more than once. I have also heard about the "outsiders" that 3abn has brought in. I was also told by a local that did not know I knew anything about 3abn that they were an sda cult and had hidden tunnels and weapons!! They didn't like all the property that 3abn had purchased through the years and yet it was the locals that sold it to them.
Let's use a little sense here. We have a community of 600 people and where things have stayed the same for as long as anyone can remember. The old timers like it that way. Then along comes a massive complex that eventually grows to 140 + employees and that disturbs the whole way of things. Put that together with the fact of the racial bias there and the name of sda's who some still connect with David Koresh, and you have something to gripe and gossip about while you're having your daily cup of coffee and piece of pie.
There are a few who do think it is an asset to have 3abn there because of the big economy boost it gives the community. Those are usually the younger ones that are trying to build up the town and know things have to change to do that.
Think about the spin that others have put on this. Danny really has no contact with those locals other than at the feed store and the Adventist health food restaurant where it is usually just employees of 3abn and Adventist. So one would ask how Danny himself could be treating anyone so terrible that they hate 3abn over it? Or that Danny has done something so horrible to someone that it has caused ill will in the whole town? Please....
Then there is Duane's report that a NON christian who USED to work for 3abn said if DS wasn't put out, HE felt it would go down. Let's examine that.
If he is a non christian then he isn't privy at all to the adventist circles, conference, leadership, ect. So, how could he possibly have evidence to form such an opinion? Everybody has an opinion but it only counts if they have valid information, credible sources and at least some, first hand information of the subject matter.

If he was referring to the opinions of some of those in T'ville, that would mean nothing since those people could do nothing whatsoever to make a change in leadership.

Either way, repeating what this person said and his "opinion" adds up to a big fat zero.
If something like this would have come from our side, the people here would have jumped all over us for trying to make a point from someone who knows nothing.

Hmmm...who to believe? Let's see:

I have lived in Franklin County and in/around Thompsonville my whole life.
Eirene says, "Oh yeah? Well, I went there one time!"

You decide...

Also, why in the world are the dannyscribes always trying to convice everyone that the locals hate 3ABN? That makes NO sense to me at all.

The vast majority of the people I have talked to have no beef with 3ABN or Adventists. Mention Danny Shelton's name and it's often a different story.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post May 12 2007, 05:15 AM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 11 2007, 02:49 PM) [snapback]195080[/snapback]

Well Eirene, I had one local tell me that Danny had personally threatened them with drowning or hanging if they didn't back off of the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations.

Now since after talking to lots of people only one has told me that, there is a possibility that that person was mistaken, but given everything else that's going on, you never know.

Repeating evil reports about someone without proof is what Bob?

Did Christ ever do that?

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 11 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]195088[/snapback]

I'm certain all of us are familiar with those older folks who are set in their ways. (Cover your eyes Aletheia, for I'm going to say it again)
Every one of those bigoted, set-in-their-ways folk are precious to Jesus. He died for them just as surely as He died for those inside the 3abn "compound". Pray, pray, pray that everyone inside of 3abn will look outside the property line and see those T'ville residents who are angry at and suspicious of 3abn with Jesus' eyes. Rejoice that the younger generation sees the economic value of 3abn to their town and knows the town needs to change. Get out there and show both sets of T'ville folk what it means to be a Seventh-day Adventist Christian. Connect with them!

PB,

Why should I cover my eyes? Because you, not even knowing the people you are talking about or how they feel, or treat others,, or the facts, have nevertheless made your self a witness against them in your posts here to be read by others? As well as making yourself the judge, and jury, and convicted them and are are agzin pronouncing your judgment and condemnation of them saying they don't love others and know they are precious souls God loves and Jesus died for, and need to start thinking that and acting like it?

Sorry I won't close my eyes to that. You need to repent of your arrogant self righteous judgments, and false accusations. For your opinions can not justify your continuing sin, and you too are someone precious Jesus died for, don't make that to no effect, please.

In addition, in response to your one sided interogation of Eirene here,
Darrell Mundall and Duane Clem were both fired from 3ABN, and are not impartial or unbiased. Both are here to attack and accuse 3ABN and D.S. ect, and have done so repeatedly. You asked for their testimony as if it represents Thompsonville knowing that.

Have you thought of talking to anyone from there who is not involved here and has no bias either for or against 3ABN??

I think that might help to clarify all this. :-)

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ May 12 2007, 02:08 AM) [snapback]195139[/snapback]

Hmmm...who to believe? Let's see:

I have lived in Franklin County and in/around Thompsonville my whole life.
Eirene says, "Oh yeah? Well, I went there one time!"

You decide...

Also, why in the world are the dannyscribes always trying to convice everyone that the locals hate 3ABN? That makes NO sense to me at all.

Eirene didn't say that, you did Duane. And have no facts to even support your view.

And we didn't start this thread, nor were we trying to convince anybody that Thompsonville doesn't like D.S. or 3ABN, you all did. We are simply saying the reasons the accusers give are their personal bias and view, but not correct.

We have the right to disagree, right?

You don't speak for or represent all of Thompsonville, right?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: May 12 2007, 06:19 AM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 12 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 12 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]195142[/snapback]

Repeating evil reports about someone without proof is what Bob?

And we didn't start this thread, nor were we trying to convince anybody that Thompsonville doesn't like D.S. or 3ABN, you all did. We are simply saying the reasons the accusers give are their personal bias and view, but not correct.

We have the right to disagree, right?

You don't speak for or represent all of Thompsonville, right?

When I first arrived at 3ABN I was greatly impressed, both with the facilities and with the Christian people at 3ABN.

- You must be making a great impact on the local community, I said.

- No, they all hate us, replied Danny Shelton.

Was he stating the truth?

This post has been edited by Johann: May 12 2007, 09:04 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post May 12 2007, 09:13 AM
Post #21

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ May 12 2007, 11:03 AM) [snapback]195174[/snapback]

When I first arrived at 3ABN I was greatly impressed, both with the facilities and with the Christian people at 3ABN.

- You must be making a great impact on the local community, I said.

- No, they all hate us, replied Danny Shelton.

Was he stating the truth?

edited for content....... Cindy you are on thin ice.....

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=131255
As has been reported elsewhere anyone reporting is in danger of being fired. It is very difficult to sell a home at T'ville. Slander and threats make it difficult to get another job once you no longer are in accord with 3ABN.

I was quite impressed with 3ABN when I first arrived there. It was a surprise to me that I was told "They all hate us!" when I exclaimed that 3ABN must make an impact on the local community. Even Danny himself was fully aware of the hate towards him by the locals, but he expected persecution.

So I went out into the community to find the reason for this "hate." At some quarters I was told that if they all merely had the faith of Linda they would accept her religion. But it was difficult to swallow the falsehood and cheating that 3ABN was known for in the area.

Duane of course disagrees with you... And, are you really a Dannyscribe?!? roflmao.gif

Duane Clem wrote above:

The vast majority of the people I have talked to have no beef with 3ABN or Adventists.

-- edited to add bold text

This post has been edited by Clay: May 12 2007, 08:39 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post May 12 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

Let's put this down in small words so everyone can understand.

According to Duane, the community does not have a problem with Adventists or even with 3ABN. They have a problem with Danny.

Danny tells Johann "They all hate us." Perhaps Danny misread the community's feelings? "We don't hate all of you--just Danny."

I would hasten to add that hatred is not something I wish anyone would deal in.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: May 12 2007, 09:38 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post May 12 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #23

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

D' date='May 10 2007, 03:14 PM' post='194940']
Oh, I believe Beartrap all the way. Out here we'd find it a joke it some TV personality tried to intimidate us the way DS has the locals. We'd think it was funny, childish. Any urban cowbay that came out on the high desert around here, and couldn't find a quick cure for verbal diarrhea, would have to pony up and hit the highway where he came from. We wouldn't tolerate that for one minute.

(for Skyhook: and like my grandfather use to say, "his hat blew off a manure pile and he went to look for it.") lol!

Thanks for the links, PB. Good stuff. Now I can rest assure that Bystander and all his ilk have no idea what they were doing wrong when the judge ruled against them. If they do understand what they were doing wrong, not one of the defenders has ever offered even a clue.

fear.gif A clue? WHERE, where? unsure.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: May 12 2007, 11:53 AM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 12 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

Cindy, you have a very abstract mind. Kinda reminds me of a Jackson Pollock painting.
If you could control your emotions a bit better, then I think your posts would make more sense.
Take deep breaths, go for long walks, clear the mind. Think about the point you are trying to make and how you can make that point. Attack the message with vigor if you must, but try to do it without attacking the messenger. Information is much more effective than emotions. Just trying to help you out sister, of which i'm thinkin', you will say you don't need my help. sadwalk.gif

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 12 2007, 09:13 AM) [snapback]195179[/snapback]

Yeah I remember reading where you are arguing how they do, right between you and Watchbird ect libelling and surmising and insinuating that danny killed his first wife and made an attempt on Linda's life as well-- in that peice of garbage, and gossip rag called the unauthorizd history thread:
Duane of course disagrees with you... And, are you really a Dannyscribe?!? roflmao.gif
Duane Clem wrote above:

The vast majority of the people I have talked to have no beef with 3ABN or Adventists.

This post has been edited by mozart: May 12 2007, 10:31 AM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post May 12 2007, 11:06 AM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ May 12 2007, 11:38 AM) [snapback]195191[/snapback]

Let's put this down in small words so everyone can understand.

According to Duane, the community does not have a problem with Adventists or even with 3ABN. They have a problem with Danny.

Danny tells Johann "They all hate us." Perhaps Danny misread the community's feelings? "We don't hate all of you--just Danny."

small words: if Duane is right, then Johann's wrong. And vice versa.

according to Johann they have a problem with 3ABN, not just Danny, and he used the word "ALL"
and of course his only exception to that was Linda...

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=131255
As has been reported elsewhere anyone reporting is in danger of being fired. It is very difficult to sell a home at T'ville. Slander and threats make it difficult to get another job once you no longer are in accord with 3ABN.

I was quite impressed with 3ABN when I first arrived there. It was a surprise to me that I was told "They all hate us!" when I exclaimed that 3ABN must make an impact on the local community. Even Danny himself was fully aware of the hate towards him by the locals, but he expected persecution.

So I went out into the community to find the reason for this "hate." At some quarters I was told that if they ALL merely had the faith of Linda they would accept her religion. But it was difficult to swallow the falsehood and cheating that 3ABN was known for in the area.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post May 12 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(mozart @ May 12 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]195197[/snapback]

Cindy, you have a very abstract mind. Kinda reminds me of a Jackson Pollock painting.
If you could control your emotions a bit better, then I think your posts would make more sense.
Take deep breaths, go for long walks, clear the mind. Think about the point you are trying to make and how you can make that point. Attack the message with vigor if you must, but try to do it without attacking the messenger. Information is much more effective than emotions. Just trying to help you out sister, of which i'm thinkin', you will say you don't need my help. sadwalk.gif

Yeah, well maybe I'm just a schitzophrenic idiot, who can't comprehend or understand, and is over taken by fits of sudden rage, ect, and maybe NOT, smile.gif but speaking of AbStRaCt....

when I previously wrote:

"Second, Walt Thompson NEVER said there was no proof of adultery, he, as the Chairman of the board said in answer to Linda being fired, that he had never accused Linda of adultery, because where her job was concerned that wasn't their concern, and she was not fired for that. When his words were first taken out of context he clarified that himself by letter which is posted here on this forum. "

you asked:

"can you please provide me with a link to that?"

I overlooked that in my answer to you, and didn't realize that till later, I apologise. It was in a private letter which was originally published by Gregory Matthews on Maritime, and then quoted here by icedragon.

Here you go:

Linda said on her web site recently that I had told Johann a year before that I had never accused her of adultery. She was correctly quoting a portion of my statement to Johann, but what she did not bother to say is that I was defending 3ABN against an accusation that we had fired her for adultery. I was merely telling him that it was for defiance of her board that she was let go, not because of adultery, an accusation, it is true, I never stated. As you can see from the few things I have included here, we have had ample evidence to suggest adultery, but it is true, we have not seen the two of them in bed together.

Our position on the board all through this process was to take the high road and not to tell things like this to the public, attempting to protect Linda from even more hurt that she was doing to herself. In all of our public statements, we have tried to be discrete. To protect the ministry from a public confrontation, we also gave Linda a good settlement with the agreement that she would not bad mouth 3ABN. And while she has partially fulfilled her obligation, her "friends" have kept the pot boiling - contrary to her agreement.

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=151526

Soory about the offtopic.gif folks, now back to your previous "programming" wave.gif

This post has been edited by Aletheia: May 12 2007, 11:46 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 12 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

Edited...................sorry!

This post has been edited by runner4him: May 12 2007, 12:58 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 12 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 12 2007, 12:03 PM) [snapback]195206[/snapback]

edted.....

Dear Runner4him,

I can assure you that nobody has killed anyone -- now or ever -- and nobody is implying that somebody has done so, or planned to do so -- and that topic is "way off the charts" so to speak. So, please don't ask for any responses or comments on that topic.

I also believe that these comments need to be erased from the board.

Pete

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: May 12 2007, 10:28 PM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 12 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ May 12 2007, 02:31 PM) [snapback]195212[/snapback]

Dear Runner4him,

I can assure you that nobody has killed anyone -- now or ever -- and nobody is implying that somebody has done so, or planned to do so -- and that topic is "way off the charts" so to speak. So, please don't ask for any responses or comments on that topic.

I also believe that these comments need to be erased from the board.

Pete

I agree with Pete. Runner.... Aletheia is just trying to get others in trouble by luring them into forbidden territory (again). Don't let her trick you this way. no.gif

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 12 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(watchbird @ May 12 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]195214[/snapback]

I agree with Pete. Runner.... Aletheia is just trying to get others in trouble by luring them into forbidden territory (again). Don't let her trick you this way. no.gif

Thank you very much Watchbird and PP...I edited my post. So sorry. I have lots to learn. Blessings!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:37 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church