Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13529&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:37:52 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do Local Thompsonville Residents Feel About 3abn?..., and how does this affect their opinion of the SDA church?
princessdi
post May 13 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 13 2007, 03:14 PM) [snapback]195431[/snapback]

I'm guessing that the one or ones using the "N" word around Eirene were not among the many residents who enjoy the Troys!

..........and felt "comfortable" enough around her to use it........... There is a belief that those who make it thier buisness to tell of such conversations, rarely tell their own part in those conversaiont. scratchchin.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 13 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 11 2007, 10:09AM)

" I have been to T'ville also. I have ate at the restaurant that is the beehive of gossip and also where you can learn a lot about the locals vs 3abn. I have heard the N word being spouted more than once. I have also heard about the "outsiders" that 3abn has brought in. I was also told by a local that did not know I knew anything about 3abn that they were an sda cult and had hidden tunnels and weapons!! They didn't like all the property that 3abn had purchased through the years and yet it was the locals that sold it to them".

Here is your quote Eirene. You say you "ate" (ate = one time) at THE (the = one) restaurant. So, "Where's the beef?"
You say this place is the "beehive of gossip...where you can learn a lot about the locals vs 3abn" Are you saying you base that opinion on the ONE time you ATE at the ONE restaurant you mention? You say you heard the "N" word more that once. Where was that heard? Same place? Same time? You say you heard about the "outsiders....." My question again. Where did you hear that one? You say you were "also told by a local......blah blah blah"
Again, where was this told to you? You make all these statements prefaced by saying you "have been to T'ville also" and you "ate at "the" restaurant.
Then you write another reply to me with all these elusive statements and rhetorical questions. But not one honest answer. Why should anyone believe you? You can't even answer one question honestly. Then you dare to condemn others? dunno.gif

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 13 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]195404[/snapback]

Really? First of all I didn't say "one" visit. So how many visits were there Eirene? As to "one" restaurant, other than the health food restaurant, there is only "one" restaurant in T'ville. So, your point is? there must be ONE restaurant that you were talking about. dunno.gif huh.gif What IS your point??
Since you seem to know so much why didn't you that? Why didn't I what?
As to what all I said or my responses, explain to me why I would continue this communication with somone, who again, is calling me a liar. You "doubt" I heard all I stated? But you ARE continuing Eirene. Again dunno.gif Lots of words but no answers to very simple questions. Either you are telling the truth or you aren't.
This just proves that you are unwilling to listen to first hand information if it goes against what you want to believe. What proves that? The fact I don't believe your twisted, skewed observation of the citizens of Thompsonville?
You are not about "truth". You are about whatever you think will make 3abn look bad. I love 3ABN. I want 3ABN to flourish anew.
Had I said that I had heard the locals saying that they don't like 3abn because they didn't like Danny Shelton, you would have accepted it, I would? repeated it, Show me where I have repeated anything? and expounded on it. There would have been no "doubting" my word in that scenerio. Because that is the scenerio you want to hear.
ahh, this is where we get into some real side-stepping. A person is afraid of answering your direct questions so they condemn you instead. This is very familiar strategy. You are just playing word games that aren't making any sense. You make outlandish statements but refuse to answer any questions that might validate those statements. You certainly did expound on those people in that "one" restaurant in town that are not here to debate with you. You certainly did shoot yourself in the foot by making it look like the whole town of Thompsonville is a bunch of red-neck racists who hate 3ABN. If what you say is true, why didn't you have the courage to defend 3ABN? If what you say is true, why do you think those people feel that way? Is it just because they are terrible people who are completely evil?
No my friend, it is not I that is a coward "off" line. I think anyone reading this would respectfully disagree, Eirene. If those things happened and you didn't say anything in the defense of 3ABN then you are a coward. If you were as true blue as you would like us to think, you would have said something back to them. If you did say anything in defense of 3ABN you would have told us. So......Guilty by elimination or avoidance of the question? If you were being honest, you would have just answered the question.
A coward is afraid to except facts given because it doesn't agree with their own bias against 3abn and those that work there. A Coward is someone who picks on someone smaller or weaker than them and/or won't stand up for what they believe in! Being a coward has nothing to do with bias. Nothing you have said here proves anything except that you are a side-stepper who won't answer questions and your only defensive action is to attack those who ask the questions. You would have done yourself a better service if you had said nothing at all than to make such a convoluted reply to avoid accountability.

You apparently are very confused so let me clear some things up for you.

I have no problem with the ministry of 3ABN. I have loved and supported and "trusted" them for 10 years! This is not about the ministry of 3ABN. The very basic facts, Eirene are that this is about certain individuals. I don't like any of this, nor do I want any of this negativity to be true. But, there is no doubt, much of it is. I do not want to bring Danny or anyone else down. I want to bring the truth out. I was addressing you and your half-truths. Do you really think you can come in here and tell all these tales and not expect someone to question you? Be accountable Eirene.

Since you don't seem to understand, these are the things I have a problem with:
.....lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce despisers of those that are good,
traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof from such turn away.
For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

If I find that anyone at 3ABN or anywhere else in any ministry has done any of that, you can be sure I'm going to do my part to bring them into accountability. Do you really think you can play these silly little word games and make anyone listen to you? If that is so, then you need to re-evaluate yourself and the things you say here.

You would do well to study this post below: Thank you so much Lenni. thankyou.gif

Well, Eirene is entitled to state her observations just the same as I am. I wasn't there the day(s) the conversation about 3ABN took place in the restaurant so I can't supply an observation about that. I have eaten in the restaurant several times and still go there after church some Sundays and occasionally on a weeknight so I am familiar with the place and the "regulars" and I don't recall hearing any 3ABN bashing going on. They are usually just catching up with neighbors and friends that come in.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. People get frustrated and they vent. What I'm saying is there is no apparent vendetta against 3ABN as it seems some are suggesting. At least it's not apparent to me and I am there probably 5-6 times a week.

I also disagree with the impression that only the younger people are the ones welcoming 3ABN. There is one couple born and raised there and another couple that have been there the better part of 60 years that think 3ABN employees are the peaches of the crop and said just the other day how sweet they thought Danny's wife is. I talk to alot of the older, life long residents on a regular basis and, again, they really don't vocalize an issues with 3ABN's ministry.

As far as racial bias, I just don't see it. I guess I would ask how many times Eirene has been to T'ville and what she based this opinion on. Was it just the one conversation? Was the derogatory word uttered by just one person or were several spouting it? I agree it should have never been said and there is no excuse for it. What we need to remember is that there is always someone in every group that fails to employ compassion, good sense and tact in their conversations however I don't think it's fair, or even Christ-like to allow that to shroud the entire town of people.

I stand by my synopsis - T'ville residents are good people!

This post has been edited by mozart: May 13 2007, 07:06 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Hawk
post May 13 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 2,894

Thompsonville is a small town where secrets dont last, and a town where the people are alleged to be racist. Since Eirene seems to be such a "close" Bystander to DS, maybe "she" would like to tell us the meaning of the term Danny and the other Sheltons use when they refer to certain group people by a letter of the alphabet (Not "N"). Lets see. Could it be "H", "I", or maybe "J"? Something else? Does that mean anything to you Eirene? If you shed some "light" on this, I promise I'll run outside and do a little dance. Capiche?

This post has been edited by Hawk: May 13 2007, 10:20 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 13 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Hawk @ May 13 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]195460[/snapback]

Thompsonville is a small town where secrets dont last, and a town where the people are alleged to be racist. Since Eirene seems to be such a "close" Bystander to DS, maybe "she" would like to tell us the meaning of the term Danny and the other Sheltons use when they refer to certain group people by a letter of the alphabet (Not "N"). Lets see. Could it be "H", "I", or maybe "J"? Something else? Does that mean anything to you Eirene? If you shed some "light" on this, I promise I'll run outside and do a little dance. Capiche?

Hawk,

I don't have a clue what group you are talking about but I'd love to be there to watch you run out side and do your little dance! roflmao.gif happydance.gif rofl1.gif

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 13 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #50

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

It seems to me that I heard something aobut another beign thrown around in more private circles .....a substitution for the "n"....but bo the beginnign of the alphabet.........
QUOTE(Hawk @ May 13 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]195460[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:37 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church