Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13529&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:37:51 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do Local Thompsonville Residents Feel About 3abn?..., and how does this affect their opinion of the SDA church?
Seraphim7
post May 12 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #31

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 12 2007, 04:02 PM) [snapback]195217[/snapback]

Thank you very much Watchbird and PP...I edited my post. So sorry. I have lots to learn. Blessings!

welcome.gif again runner4Him. I hope your time on the BSDA track will be fruitful and long lasting. yes.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 12 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 12 2007, 03:15 AM) [snapback]195142[/snapback]

PB,

Why should I cover my eyes? Because you, not even knowing the people you are talking about or how they feel, or treat others,, or the facts, have nevertheless made your self a witness against them in your posts here to be read by others? As well as making yourself the judge, and jury, and convicted them and are are agzin pronouncing your judgment and condemnation of them saying they don't love others and know they are precious souls God loves and Jesus died for, and need to start thinking that and acting like it?

Sorry I won't close my eyes to that. You need to repent of your arrogant self righteous judgments, and false accusations. For your opinions can not justify your continuing sin, and you too are someone precious Jesus died for, don't make that to no effect, please.

Cindy,

Why should you cover your eyes? To keep you from the sin of misjudging me and my motives. My reminder, that you have twice now labeled judgmental, was made because of the things that were being said about the folks in Thompsonville by representatives of Danny Shelton.

Your friend Bystander, who presented himself as a spokesperson of Danny and 3abn, was quite clear in his characterization of the people of Thompsonville. Eirene, in the post I was responding to, was quite clear in her characterization of the people of Thompsonville. Both of these people, who may or may not be a part of the Shelton family, seemed to be casting the residents of Thompsonville in quite a derogatory light, pointing out their many negative characteristics. Neither characterization contained any hint that those supposedly bigoted, suspicious and judgmental townfolk were of any value. Never was there a hint that these folks also needed the Good News to be spread to them. Instead, the picture that was painted by their words was "Us versus Them - the 3abn beacon of light to the world surrounded by the 600 evil demons residing in Thompsonville."

Does Eirene personally know Danny? Should I trust that her information is accurate when she says Danny only goes into T'ville to buy feed for his animals and to visit the vegetarian restaurant? I would love to hear, from Danny or anybody else at 3abn who knows the answer, why there has not been Christian outreach to the residents of Thompsonville by 3abn. Danny flies around the world to promote the ministry of 3abn and yet he cannot walk into Thompsonville to repair the breach that seems to exist between him and the T'ville residents? I am reminded of that wonderful TCW sermon on the greatest commandment given by Dwight Nelson just one week ago. He said "Love God supremely and thy neighbor impartially". The following texts were a part of his message.

Matthew 22:36 - 39 says:
36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
James 2:12 + 13 says:
12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!
1John 4:19 - 21 says:
19 We love because he first loved us. 20 If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21 And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.
And what did I say that provoked such a response from you?
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=195088
I'm certain all of us are familiar with those older folks who are set in their ways. (Cover your eyes Aletheia, for I'm going to say it again)
Every one of those bigoted, set-in-their-ways folk are precious to Jesus. He died for them just as surely as He died for those inside the 3abn "compound". Pray, pray, pray that everyone inside of 3abn will look outside the property line and see those T'ville residents who are angry at and suspicious of 3abn with Jesus' eyes. Rejoice that the younger generation sees the economic value of 3abn to their town and knows the town needs to change. Get out there and show both sets of T'ville folk what it means to be a Seventh-day Adventist Christian. Connect with them!

In addition, in response to your one sided interogation of Eirene here,
Darrell Mundall and Duane Clem were both fired from 3ABN, and are not impartial or unbiased. Both are here to attack and accuse 3ABN and D.S. ect, and have done so repeatedly. You asked for their testimony as if it represents Thompsonville knowing that.

Have you thought of talking to anyone from there who is not involved here and has no bias either for or against 3ABN??

I think that might help to clarify all this. :-)

I don't understand what you mean by my "one sided interogation" of Eirene. I listed the questions her post had raised for me and I hope she will provide me with some clarification. I don't recall ever reading anything from either Derrell Mundall or Duane Clem that would lead me to believe that they are repeatedly attacking or accusing 3abn. I have seen negative opinions from them about Danny Shelton, but not anything negative about 3abn. Furthermore, it seems as though you are insinuating that their opinions are not to be trusted. Are you accusing them of bearing false witness?

If you will review the post you seem to be referring to you will see that I was not asking Derrell for his testimony.

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=194935

I hope that HOTY and Duane Clem will add more of their perspectives.

And yes, I did notice that you used the infamous "ect" in your post. I don't know if it was a simple early morning typo, a playful chide, or if it is an indication that you might have copied/pasted something into your post from another source, but I did notice it.

I appreciate the Christian concern you expressed for me even though it is mistaken and came off as rather judgmental. I hope that you will grow to realize that I care for each one of you on "the other side", Danny and Tommy included, because we are all a part of the Body of Christ and, therefore, brothers and sisters.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Eirene
post May 12 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(mozart @ May 11 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]195111[/snapback]

Well folks, let's use a little logic in discerning this post. Considering that Eirene is "the tiger lady" when it comes to anyone saying anything negative about 3ABN, what are the odds that she actually heard all this she eludes to OR is this just what she has been told has been said by "a bunch of old racist people who don't like change" (tongue in cheek by me). GIMME A GIGANTIC BREAK thumbdown.gif
Since Eirene doesn't answer questions PB. , don't hold your breath. i'll just go back to bangin me head. wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

Well Mozart. Your allegations are way off base as usual. In fact since my post said "I" had been to the Tville restaurant and heard these things, it seems you are calling me a liar. Not nice. Not christian. I said "I" had heard it myself from the locals and that is exactly what I meant. This is "firsthand" information. From me. I wonder how many times you have been wrong in your many other speculations? You should consider this carefully mozart as your previous posts have lots of speculation, innuendo, allegation and a repetition of gossip. The Word tells us as we judge, so shall we be judged. This is not a game and all the gossip and rumor that is spread here could mean the difference between eternal life or a soul lost.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 12 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 12 2007, 07:15 AM) [snapback]195142[/snapback]

Repeating evil reports about someone without proof is what Bob?

Did Christ ever do that?
PB,

Why should I cover my eyes? Because you, not even knowing the people you are talking about or how they feel, or treat others,, or the facts, have nevertheless made your self a witness against them in your posts here to be read by others? As well as making yourself the judge, and jury, and convicted them and are are agzin pronouncing your judgment and condemnation of them saying they don't love others and know they are precious souls God loves and Jesus died for, and need to start thinking that and acting like it?

Sorry I won't close my eyes to that. You need to repent of your arrogant self righteous judgments, and false accusations. For your opinions can not justify your continuing sin, and you too are someone precious Jesus died for, don't make that to no effect, please.

rofl1.gif

Cindy, have even read any of your own posts? If you had you'd realize that you should be the last person to say the above to *anyone*...

Rev 3:17-19 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: (18) I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayest see. (19) As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Assuming of course you have an ear to hear...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 12 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 12 2007, 11:44 AM) [snapback]195205[/snapback]

"Second, Walt Thompson NEVER said there was no proof of adultery, he, as the Chairman of the board said in answer to Linda being fired, that he had never accused Linda of adultery, because where her job was concerned that wasn't their concern, and she was not fired for that. When his words were first taken out of context he clarified that himself by letter which is posted here on this forum. "

I think this is in error. See http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...no-evidence.htm where Walt writes on march 7, 2005:

QUOTE(Walt Thompson)
So far as accusing Linda of adultery, I will say here again in writing that I have never accused linda of adultery. I do not know whether or not that has taken place, and it is has never been a factor in my decisions or recommendations. ...

The letter that you refer to that I wrote to the 3ABN family does not accuse Linda of adultery. If any have interpreted it to say that, perhaps you may accept a bit of the credit for reading that element into it. But that idea was not written into the letter, nor was it intended to be implied. In fact, the specific effort was made to avoid making such an insinuation since frankly, I have never had the kind of evidence needed whereby to make such an accusation.

This post has been edited by Pickle: May 12 2007, 10:04 PM

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 12 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 12 2007, 10:03 PM) [snapback]195318[/snapback]

I think this is in error. See http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...no-evidence.htm where Walt writes on march 7, 2005:
thank you very much mr. p. this is the statement i was referring to.
QUOTE(Eirene @ May 12 2007, 06:32 PM) [snapback]195239[/snapback]

Well Mozart. Your allegations are way off base as usual. In fact since my post said "I" had been to the Tville restaurant and heard these things, it seems you are calling me a liar. Not nice. Not christian. I said "I" had heard it myself from the locals and that is exactly what I meant. This is "firsthand" information. From me. I wonder how many times you have been wrong in your many other speculations? You should consider this carefully mozart as your previous posts have lots of speculation, innuendo, allegation and a repetition of gossip. The Word tells us as we judge, so shall we be judged. This is not a game and all the gossip and rumor that is spread here could mean the difference between eternal life or a soul lost.

you forgot to say JMO.
no it doesn't seem that way at all. i still doubt very seriously that you heard all you stated. in one visit to one restaurant? just too hard to believe. if, as you swear you did exactly what you say, what was your response to these awful, predjudiced heathens?????
please enlighten us with your defending words or could it be, you are possibly a lot braver online than in real life? tell us what you said to them. did you accuse them of racism? how about speculation, innuendo, allegation and a repetition of gossip? dunno.gif i'm listening.
you know, it completely blows my mind how you love to expound scripture to condemn and then turn right around and do exactly what you are using scripture to warn us not to do.

This post has been edited by mozart: May 13 2007, 11:00 AM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post May 13 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #37

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(mozart @ May 12 2007, 11:29 PM) [snapback]195320[/snapback]

you know, it completely blows my mind how you love to expound scripture to condemn and then turn right around and do exactly what you are using scripture to warn us not to do.

Mo, have you found a clone/finger/borg/scribe that has not? Seems to be a common genetic/personality trait.

But again, thats JMO.

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: May 13 2007, 11:13 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Eirene
post May 13 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(mozart @ May 12 2007, 11:29 PM) [snapback]195320[/snapback]

thank you very much mr. p. this is the statement i was referring to.

you forgot to say JMO.
no it doesn't seem that way at all. i still doubt very seriously that you heard all you stated. in one visit to one restaurant? just too hard to believe. if, as you swear you did exactly what you say, what was your response to these awful, predjudiced heathens?????
please enlighten us with your defending words or could it be, you are possibly a lot braver online than in real life? tell us what you said to them. did you accuse them of racism? how about speculation, innuendo, allegation and a repetition of gossip? dunno.gif i'm listening.

Really? First of all I didn't say "one" visit. As to "one" restaurant, other than the health food restaurant, there is only "one" restaurant in T'ville. Since you seem to know so much why didn't you that?
As to what all I said or my responses, explain to me why I would continue this communication with somone, who again, is calling me a liar. You "doubt" I heard all I stated? This just proves that you are unwilling to listen to first hand information if it goes against what you want to believe. You are not about "truth". You are about whatever you think will make 3abn look bad. Had I said that I had heard the locals saying that they don't like 3abn because they didn't like Danny Shelton, you would have accepted it, repeated it, and expounded on it. There would have been no "doubting" my word in that scenerio. Because that is the scenerio you want to hear.
No my friend, it is not I that is a coward "off" line. A coward is afraid to except facts given because it doesn't agree with their own bias against 3abn and those that work there.

+Quote Post
Lenni
post May 13 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 2,935

I know a lot of people in T'ville and I would disagree with the notion that a majority of them have a problem with 3ABN. I still go to church in T'ville (non-SDA) and there are plenty of compliments being given to people who work at or are associated with 3ABN. I also know the mayor - he's a Christian and one of the best guys in the world. His beef is over taxes and such issues. He is the mayor and the people of T'ville voted him in to watch out for the best interest of the town but I have never heard him say anything derogatory about the ministry of 3ABN.

I agree that most of the comments I hear are about Danny or Tommy but it's not like they sit around having bashing sessions all the time. They have more important things that they would rather talk about.

T'ville residents are good people. A lot of them are good friends of mine. To state "They all hate us" is not really painting a fair picture of them.

But that's just my personal observation!

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 13 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lenni @ May 13 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]195409[/snapback]

I know a lot of people in T'ville and I would disagree with the notion that a majority of them have a problem with 3ABN. I still go to church in T'ville (non-SDA) and there are plenty of compliments being given to people who work at or are associated with 3ABN. I also know the mayor - he's a Christian and one of the best guys in the world. His beef is over taxes and such issues. He is the mayor and the people of T'ville voted him in to watch out for the best interest of the town but I have never heard him say anything derogatory about the ministry of 3ABN.

I agree that most of the comments I hear are about Danny or Tommy but it's not like they sit around having bashing sessions all the time. They have more important things that they would rather talk about.

T'ville residents are good people. A lot of them are good friends of mine. To state "They all hate us" is not really painting a fair picture of them.

But that's just my personal observation!

Lenni,

Thank you for weighing in with your perspective! If you have read this entire thread, would you be willing to comment on Eirene's post from page 1? Here's the link:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=195075

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Lenni
post May 13 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #41

Member No.: 2,935

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 13 2007, 03:04 PM) [snapback]195416[/snapback]

Lenni,

Thank you for weighing in with your perspective! If you have read this entire thread, would you be willing to comment on Eirene's post from page 1? Here's the link:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=195075

PB

Well, Eirene is entitled to state her observations just the same as I am. I wasn't there the day(s) the conversation about 3ABN took place in the restaurant so I can't supply an observation about that. I have eaten in the restaurant several times and still go there after church some Sundays and occasionally on a weeknight so I am familiar with the place and the "regulars" and I don't recall hearing any 3ABN bashing going on. They are usually just catching up with neighbors and friends that come in.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. People get frustrated and they vent. What I'm saying is there is no apparent vendetta against 3ABN as it seems some are suggesting. At least it's not apparent to me and I am there probably 5-6 times a week.

I also disagree with the impression that only the younger people are the ones welcoming 3ABN. There is one couple born and raised there and another couple that have been there the better part of 60 years that think 3ABN employees are the peaches of the crop and said just the other day how sweet they thought Danny's wife is. I talk to alot of the older, life long residents on a regular basis and, again, they really don't vocalize an issues with 3ABN's ministry.

As far as racial bias, I just don't see it. I guess I would ask how many times Eirene has been to T'ville and what she based this opinion on. Was it just the one conversation? Was the derogatory word uttered by just one person or were several spouting it? I agree it should have never been said and there is no excuse for it. What we need to remember is that there is always someone in every group that fails to employ compassion, good sense and tact in their conversations however I don't think it's fair, or even Christ-like to allow that to shroud the entire town of people.

I stand by my synopsis - T'ville residents are good people!

This post has been edited by Lenni: May 13 2007, 02:40 PM

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post May 13 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #42

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

These questions and comments are worth repeating.
QUOTE(princessdi @ May 11 2007, 03:45 PM) [snapback]195079[/snapback]

So, where is 3ABN's community out reach program.

Danny( and Linda) should have come to town as christians and becoming a part of that community.

The inhabiatants didn't get 3ABN were isolated from the them out of the blue. they look like and act like a "compound" and a cult. Danny even took the church amoved it onto his land.

So now the church isn't even a part of or serving the community. The church is not approachable, as it should be. It was 3ABN's responsiblity to come in as part of the community, as a christian community within the community.

You know letting their light so shine and all.........Ok, so if this post was to help Danny out, maybe you should not have posted it.

MIJM, but, from what I gather from various comments this isolated compound is not a good representation of what the Seventh day Adventist church is about. no.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 13 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Lenni @ May 13 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]195423[/snapback]

T'ville residents are good people!

Agreed! T'ville residents are good normal people. Many of the residents of that town enjoy the company of Owen and Ann Troy. Owen and Ann are an elderly couple living in T'ville and they are both black, but the locals like them. They have interacted closely with the community since moving there. Many of the locals have also become friends with a number of the employees at 3ABN.

I also agree with your statement about the mayor. Ralph is a very fine upstanding gentleman and Christian of the Baptist persuasion. LOL! I once ran against him for the mayoral seat and lost by a substantial margin. My one foray into politics. I consider him a well respected friend.

QUOTE(seraph|m @ May 13 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]195424[/snapback]

MIJM, but, from what I gather from various comments this isolated compound is not a good representation of what the Seventh day Adventist church is about. no.gif

I do know the pastor of another local church who went out to 3ABN one night and annointed the buildings with oil, prayed over them, commanded the devil to leave, and claimed this ministry for God. As many have said, the issues seem to be with individuals as opposed to 3ABN or the church, however, those issues do tend to color opinions of of 3ABN and the church, but thats JMO.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 13 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lenni @ May 13 2007, 01:39 PM) [snapback]195423[/snapback]

Well, Eirene is entitled to state her observations just the same as I am. I wasn't there the day(s) the conversation about 3ABN took place in the restaurant so I can't supply an observation about that. I have eaten in the restaurant several times and still go there after church some Sundays and occasionally on a weeknight so I am familiar with the place and the "regulars" and I don't recall hearing any 3ABN bashing going on. They are usually just catching up with neighbors and friends that come in.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. People get frustrated and they vent. What I'm saying is there is no apparent vendetta against 3ABN as it seems some are suggesting. At least it's not apparent to me and I am there probably 5-6 times a week.

I also disagree with the impression that only the younger people are the ones welcoming 3ABN. There is one couple born and raised there and another couple that have been there the better part of 60 years that think 3ABN employees are the peaches of the crop and said just the other day how sweet they thought Danny's wife is. I talk to alot of the older, life long residents on a regular basis and, again, they really don't vocalize an issues with 3ABN's ministry.

As far as racial bias, I just don't see it. I guess I would ask how many times Eirene has been to T'ville and what she based this opinion on. Was it just the one conversation? Was the derogatory word uttered by just one person or were several spouting it? I agree it should have never been said and there is no excuse for it. What we need to remember is that there is always someone in every group that fails to employ compassion, good sense and tact in their conversations however I don't think it's fair, or even Christ-like to allow that to shroud the entire town of people.

I stand by my synopsis - T'ville residents are good people!

Lenni,

Thank you so much! It is good have your synopsis to include in this mix of opinions in this thread.

As you are someone who is very familiar with Thompsonville and its residents, your opinions hold a huge deal of weight with me and I appreciate you helping to flesh out the picture of these folks! It is interesting that there are some who have painted a very different portrait of the town, its people and their attitudes. One must wonder if it is simply like the story of the blind men describing the elephant from the limited areas they are touching or if it is from a far more sinister motiviation. I pray it is not the latter.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 13 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 13 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]195428[/snapback]

Agreed! T'ville residents are good normal people. Many of the residents of that town enjoy the company of Owen and Ann Troy. Owen and Ann are an elderly couple living in T'ville and they are both black, but the locals like them. They have interacted closely with the community since moving there. Many of the locals have also become friends with a number of the employees at 3ABN.

I'm guessing that the one or ones using the "N" word around Eirene were not among the many residents who enjoy the Troys!

I also agree with your statement about the mayor. Ralph is a very fine upstanding gentleman and Christian of the Baptist persuasion. LOL! I once ran against him for the mayoral seat and lost by a substantial margin. My one foray into politics. I consider him a well respected friend.

Beartrap, good for you, young man, for having the guts to throw your political hat into the ring of town politics!
I do know the pastor of another local church who went out to 3ABN one night and annointed the buildings with oil, prayed over them, commanded the devil to leave, and claimed this ministry for God. As many have said, the issues seem to be with individuals as opposed to 3ABN or the church, however, those issues do tend to color opinions of of 3ABN and the church, but thats JMO.

Wow, what perceived issue would have caused a pastor to take such action? If the ministry and, perhaps, even the church are perceived as turning a blind eye and do not eventually deal with issues that are hurting the relationship with the people living nearby, I can understand how that would eventually color opinions about both.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:37 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church