Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13680&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:29:38 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3-abn & Af Merger, Is it on hold?
Artiste
post Jun 2 2007, 05:01 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 2 2007, 02:46 PM) [snapback]197970[/snapback]

Mikell, where did you see this threat made by "truth4seekers"?
p.s. nice to have you hear at bsda!

The "sort of threat" is in the comment section of the blog.

http://rescue3abn.blog.com[/url]

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 2 2007, 05:04 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 2 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

Mikell, where did you see this threat made by "truth4seekers"?
p.s. nice to have you hear at bsda!

sunshineonme, thank you, and it is good to be here smile.gif. On the bottom of the blog -- rescue3abn.blog.com, there is a place says, "comments" Click on that, then click again on, "truth4seekers" and you will see the vale threat!

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 2 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I don't know about a threat but truth4seekers has a blog - looks like it is pro Danny. http://references4links.blogspot.com/2007_05_25_archive.html There may be a threat there somewhere. But looked like just a lot of stuff we have seen before.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 2 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(lurker @ Jun 2 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]197974[/snapback]

I don't know about a threat but truth4seekers has a blog - looks like it is pro Danny. http://references4links.blogspot.com/2007_05_25_archive.html There may be a threat there somewhere. But looked like just a lot of stuff we have seen before.

Well, when you can't win in a regular put-it-all-out-there debate, you take to the blogs, where you can slam your agenda and get no rebutting. Sounds pretty wimpy to me in a sense....and quite familiar...kind of like a 3abn stage/platform, where you can have your "ah huh" men around you agreeing to your hearts content. Wonder what's next....of course, when you get yourself eliminated, for the most part from the chat sites, because you don't play nice, guess you only have a few alternatives left to get your voice out there. Now, heard? Not to sure about that.

so....we are all going blog crazy now?

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jun 2 2007, 05:16 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 2 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Looked like they only had one comment there and deleted that because they didn't like what they got.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 3 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 1 2007, 11:15 AM) [snapback]197758[/snapback]

It seems quite clear to most people that the reason it was announced before any details had been worked out is simple. If they would have kept it private while going through months of details, you all who seem to have nothing better to do than to track AF and 3abn's movements would have been all over it with your accusations and speculation. Just imagine the spins that would have been made that AF and 3abn were having "secret" meetings. Then you all would have went to the opposite argument. "Why don't they just tell us what they are working on?" "Why is this secret, what do they have to hide?" "Don't they think their supporters need to know what they are planning?"

"Steffan,"

Here's a thought... If merger discussions had been carried out in PRIVATE...how exactly is it that we would be discussing it here on a PUBLIC forum? dunno.gif dunno.gif dunno.gif .............Are you implying there is a a LEAK somewhere?? Just curious...

~~Snoopy~~

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 3 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #37

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Jun 3 2007, 02:11 PM) [snapback]198124[/snapback]

"Steffan,"

Here's a thought... If merger discussions had been carried out in PRIVATE...how exactly is it that we would be discussing it here on a PUBLIC forum? dunno.gif dunno.gif dunno.gif .............Are you implying there is a a LEAK somewhere?? Just curious...

~~Snoopy~~

scratchchin.gif

snoopy...you're so clever! notworthy.gif

roflmao.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 3 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 3 2007, 04:14 PM) [snapback]198126[/snapback]

scratchchin.gif
snoopy...you're so clever! notworthy.gif
roflmao.gif

Hey thank you Sonshine!!

..... wave.gif ........hug.gif

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Jun 3 2007, 05:36 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 3 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #39

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You got that right Sonshine! Plus Steffan, while you are 'splanin' stuff. 'splain why everybody's language has changed regarding this merge. The chairman of the AF board says it it only in the "investigation" phase. That is not the "done deal, GC and everybody knows and agrees" Danny was talking about a couple months ago. I personally have talked with conference officials, who keep saying, "IF, this merger is voted" Sorry you can't put this one on us. Danny, with Doug by his side.looking a bit ill at ease, I thought) put this out there for ALL to see complete with dreams and visions. "Splane that one.

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 1 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]197873[/snapback]

"Steffan", since when, have you ever cared what anyone here thinks? You (ds) have never cared what "we all" have "been all over" previously...what difference would it have made if you had done this behind closed doors...sorry, I see this as a lame explanation on your part. Add to that, ds said this was in the works for months, and yet db says it was virtually "sudden and over night"...and certainly, you did ask Doug what he thought about announcing something that SOUNDED done and in complete accord so prematurely, right? I think you are not paying attention to how much we do pay attention. It's one thing to announce the idea, it's quite another to make it sound as though it's a done deal. There were options in the middle.....lets not blame the folks here at bsda for this one...I know some can't help but blame everyone else for everything, but please, you can see that this is a weak statement.

Frankly, I am very happy it happened just like it did....it has caused many to get involved in this now, rather then later, while some may have regrets about the transaction later, from the lack of "time" to review, etc.

And speaking of time....no time for meetings Steffan????? You mean, something so exciting and important as this supposed in the works merger and no one has time for it? I think you are confused....it's the BOARD(S) that make decisions. Not Doug and NOT Danny (oops, wait, yes, Danny does, in spite of his "board" - what was I thinking?).

You are right, they go by their own schedules, and db seems to have respect for his board and their approving of any such merger, among with others do think - that includes the public, which I am positive he has heard from in abundance, as well as high ranking officials in the sda church who I'm sure have added their input, naturally. Keep at it "steffan". We learn so much from you. You are a valuable asset here at bsda. yes.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 9 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Just thought I would share what I ran across this afternoon on the Spectrum website of the announcement of merger between - well you know who it's between doh.gif ....

Could be that most have seen this already? I don't know why, but I got a bit of a chuckle out of some of the comments. While these folk may or may not be members here at bsda scratchchin.gif , I think they would fit in just fine as they call it as they see it. If anyone is interested, just click the link and read up.

The Spectum Blog on merger and comments made

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jun 9 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 9 2007, 03:34 PM) [snapback]199144[/snapback]

Just thought I would share what I ran across this afternoon on the Spectrum website of the announcement of merger between - well you know who it's between doh.gif ....

Could be that most have seen this already? I don't know why, but I got a bit of a chuckle out of some of the comments. While these folk may or may not be members here at bsda scratchchin.gif , I think they would fit in just fine as they call it as they see it. If anyone is interested, just click the link and read up.

The Spectum Blog on merger and comments made

Without our detractors to hang around and spin...spin.. spin we have had a chance to learn a lot more than we ever bargained for. Thanks for the website. More eye openers every day.

notworthy.gif giggle.gif

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 10 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jun 10 2007, 12:27 AM) [snapback]199185[/snapback]

Without our detractors to hang around and spin...spin.. spin we have had a chance to learn a lot more than we ever bargained for. Thanks for the website. More eye openers every day.

notworthy.gif giggle.gif

Rosyroi

Gotta hand it to Steffan, though Rosy, don't you think?? I think he's making a valiant solo effort... boxing.gif

~~Snoopy~~

+Quote Post
Treniece
post Jun 23 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,353

I think 3abn and Amazing Facts will do well if they remain as seperate ministries. Just my thoughts. Personally, I don't see how the two ministries can be merged.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jun 23 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Treniece @ Jun 23 2007, 06:16 PM) [snapback]201080[/snapback]

I think 3abn and Amazing Facts will do well if they remain as seperate ministries. Just my thoughts. Personally, I don't see how the two ministries can be merged.

It would be a disaster for AF in my opinion. By the way, I have not been able to log onto 3abn this afternoon. Has anyone else been having problems?

WT and the 3abn board must feel like they are in the hot seat over the latest documentation on the horse donation and the non-denominational message!

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 23 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jun 23 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]201082[/snapback]

I have not been able to log onto 3abn this afternoon. Has anyone else been having problems?

I can't log onto 3abn either.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church