Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13680&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:29:43 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3-abn & Af Merger, Is it on hold?
lurker
post Jun 27 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 676

Ooooooh!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 27 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #62

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(lurker @ Jun 27 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]201792[/snapback]

Ooooooh!

Well! Looks like I am going to have to go to a phone booth and make a call! roflmao.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 27 2007, 06:58 PM
Post #63

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 27 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]201794[/snapback]

Well! Looks like I am going to have to go to a phone booth and make a call! roflmao.gif

Fran,

Just look behind you once or twice to make sure you're not followed. Let us know if you see an old lady with handicapped license plates in your rear view mirror.

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jun 27 2007, 07:02 PM

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jun 27 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 27 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]201794[/snapback]

You might as well slip into something comfortable like a cape when you're there.
-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 27 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Ya'll do realize that by even knowing what a phone booth is proves we are not youngsters any more? I can't remember the last time I saw one. (Not being able to remember is also a sign of aging too of course) wallbash.gif

Richard

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jun 27 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(joyce @ Jun 27 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]201788[/snapback]

I was wondering if anyone heard this report as I did a couple of weeks ago. One of my fellow church members came to me quite concerned re 3ABN. His sister, who is a strong supporter of 3ABN, had just been at the campmeeting in Illinois. She was asking for prayers and donations for
ABN, as they were told (during the times off the air for viewers) that donations were down about 50%, and also that the merger with AF was off. But it must not be a matter that they are ready to report yet to the general public. Just curious.

Joyce

I have not heard that the donations are down 50% but ......here is the latest from the folk in Indiana.....last weekend Danny Shelton was suppose to be in Indiana at a certain church and he was a no show. John L. was a no show too. The word was out that Danny was sick....several mentioned that it was no surprise since the talk was fast and furious everywhere over the horse fiasco. I would not be surprised if the donations went down even further! Our people are not stupid and I know many are reading and doing the math. They have roused from their slumber and are planning to become better stewards of their monies.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 27 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #67

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jun 27 2007, 11:17 PM) [snapback]201809[/snapback]

I have not heard that the donations are down 50% but ......here is the latest from the folk in Indiana.....last weekend Danny Shelton was suppose to be in Indiana at a certain church and he was a no show. John L. was a no show too. The word was out that Danny was sick....several mentioned that it was no surprise since the talk was fast and furious everywhere over the horse fiasco. I would not be surprised if the donations went down even further! Our people are not stupid and I know many are reading and doing the math. They have roused from their slumber and are planning to become better stewards of their monies.

Bob;

Be careful! That little $75,000 bottom line just started to get bigger! What are you doing to those Indianians anyway! At least we now know they (Indianians) can think for themselves and make decisions based on their knowledge about the "horsing around".

This is going to somehow become your and Gailon's fault! It could be because of the actions taken way back before you and Joy came on the scene! 2003-2005 was before you became so famous. Can't blame that one on you guys! However, their loss in 2007 will be blamed on you two! Those lawyers could get really desperate.

I am sincerely pleased Danny was a no show. It does show he does understand public opinion, or not.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 27 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #68

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jun 27 2007, 08:07 PM) [snapback]201797[/snapback]

You might as well slip into something comfortable like a cape when you're there.
-bear

I may get desperate and be forced to use my shoe phone! multitask_bimba.gif

I have all ready ordered my bat-mobile to get me outta here really fast. yikes.gif

Spiderman has promised to catch them all in his special web! Where is Robin when your in a hurry? fear.gif

WHAT WAS THAT? IT'S A BIRD! IT'S A PLANE. NO, IT IS SUPERMAN! wow.gif

Sorry wonderwoman. surrender.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jun 28 2007, 05:39 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 27 2007, 11:40 PM) [snapback]201814[/snapback]

Bob;

Be careful! That little $75,000 bottom line just started to get bigger! What are you doing to those Indianians anyway! At least we now know they (Indianians) can think for themselves and make decisions based on their knowledge about the "horsing around".

This is going to somehow become your and Gailon's fault! It could be because of the actions taken way back before you and Joy came on the scene! 2003-2005 was before you became so famous. Can't blame that one on you guys! However, their loss in 2007 will be blamed on you two! Those lawyers could get really desperate.

I am sincerely pleased Danny was a no show. It does show he does understand public opinion, or not.

Fran,

Actually all the Hoosiers I know started to question what was going on when the 3abn letters came around trashing LS...then the remarriage....then more trashing....it was the horsing around that pushed them over the edge and from what I hear it is spreading from State to State. furious.gif gossip.gif

By the way, you cannot go to court and recover from this mess...the hand is caught in the cookie jar so to speak and the honorable thing for the guilty party is to step down. sweat.gif

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 28 2007, 06:19 AM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jun 28 2007, 03:39 AM) [snapback]201840[/snapback]

Actually all the Hoosiers I know started to question what was going on when the 3abn letters came around trashing LS...then the remarriage....then more trashing....it was the horsing around that pushed them over the edge and from what I hear it is spreading from State to State. furious.gif gossip.gif

By the way, you cannot go to court and recover from this mess...the hand is caught in the cookie jar so to speak and the honorable thing for the guilty party is to step down. sweat.gif

If it is spreading from state to state as you indicate, what is the reaction of church leaders, the GC, etc. by now?

I have contact with a church where the pastor has "concerns" about 3abn but refuses to stop promoting it in his church because a donor has it broadcast 24 hours in the city, and presumably people are coming into the church because of it.

(Is this a microcosm of the larger picture? A wealthy donor, GC leaders, 3abn does "some sort of good"?)

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 28 2007, 06:25 AM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 28 2007, 07:08 AM
Post #71

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 28 2007, 04:19 AM) [snapback]201855[/snapback]

If it is spreading from state to state as you indicate, what is the reaction of church leaders, the GC, etc. by now?

I have contact with a church where the pastor has "concerns" about 3abn but refuses to stop promoting it in his church because a donor has it broadcast 24 hours in the city, and presumably people are coming into the church because of it.

(Is this a microcosm of the larger picture? A wealthy donor, GC leaders, 3abn does "some sort of good"?)

Artiste,

This is the conundrum of 3abn. There is no question that much of the programming is having a positive effect on people, so I can understand pastors and many others being unwilling to get aggressive about their "concerns". Eventually, when enough donors have confirmed for themselves whether or not the emerging information about some of those in 3abn leadership is valid, there will be a call to accountibility. My eye is particularly on the GC response to this all.

Let's also keep in mind, as we have discussed in another thread, God can use anything to draw His children back to Him.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jun 28 2007, 07:26 AM
Post #72

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 28 2007, 07:19 AM) [snapback]201855[/snapback]

I think the important thing to remember is the fact that the lowly ones will finish the work. We can check and see who might be standing up around all of us and then think, well, they aren't so I can't but the bottom line is WE CAN.

Too many people were just following a certain man a long time ago because others were and he looked pretty powerful...his country was Germany....(I am not suggesting anyone is like unto him) but it just reminds me of the mentality of blindly following anyone with authority or who might come off as an authority figure. I for one question, question, and will question again....I follow one and only Him, my Master.

The message of truth is and will continue to spread from state to state to those lowly ones in the pews through our efforts to reach friends everywhere. Just pass the word and maybe the leaders and pastors and all in the higher ranks will see this army of supporters on the side of truth. I believe many of them ARE working behing the scenes but of course I admit to being a polyanna by personality and I am glad for it.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jun 28 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #73

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 27 2007, 11:40 PM) [snapback]201814[/snapback]

This is going to somehow become your and Gailon's fault!

And it was Elijah's fault that it didn't rain, and that Ahab got caught with Naboth's vineyard.

Am I to blame that so many claim to have been molested or abused by Tommy? Am I to blame that 3ABN sold the Sheltons a house for $6,139 and that they then sold it a week later for $135,000? Am I to blame that Danny told the IRS he gave cash when he gave horses, and that he told the IRS the gift of cash was for certain amounts? Am I to blame that Danny divorced Linda and married Brandy?

This post has been edited by Pickle: Jun 29 2007, 02:24 AM

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jun 28 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jun 28 2007, 07:25 AM) [snapback]201884[/snapback]

And it was Elijah's fault that it didn't rain, and that Ahab got caught with Naboth's vineyard.

Am I to blame that so many claim to have been molested or abused by Tommy? Am I to blame that 3ABN sold the Sheltons a house for $6,139 and then sold it a week later for $135,000? Am I to blame that Danny told the IRS he gave cash when he gave horses, and that he told the IRS the gift of cash was for certain amounts? Am I to blame that Danny divorced Linda and married Brandy?

I heard from a little birdy (not WB) that this seems to be Danny's MO. He will talk with you about a concern you have about what he is doing and pretty soon he has you convinced you were the one doing it yourself. so watch out... sofa1.gif
'Course you already knew that. doh.gif

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Jun 28 2007, 02:54 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 28 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(joyce @ Jun 27 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]201788[/snapback]

I was wondering if anyone heard this report as I did a couple of weeks ago. One of my fellow church members came to me quite concerned re 3ABN. His sister, who is a strong supporter of 3ABN, had just been at the campmeeting in Illinois. She was asking for prayers and donations for
ABN, as they were told (during the times off the air for viewers) that donations were down about 50%, and also that the merger with AF was off. But it must not be a matter that they are ready to report yet to the general public. Just curious.

Can we safely assume that the merger is a thing of the past at this point?

Now two months after the initial announcement, I notice that the "merger news" is shunted off to a back page on the Amazing Facts website, and it can only be found by using the search function on 3abn's site.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church