Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13708&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:33:04 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> John Lomacang : Saturday's Campmeeting Sermonette, "main points" transcript
Artiste
post Jun 1 2007, 12:05 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 31 2007, 09:21 PM) [snapback]197701[/snapback]

When the Lord puts a burden on one's heart it is dangerous not to go forward as called. It is not something that I have done lightly or with any delight. Instead, I have attempted to prayerfully weigh the evidence I have seen from many sources, including from those who you consider your comrades in arms, and to state my opinions as carefully and in the most Christian manner that I possibly can. I have leaned heavily on God's word and Sister White as well to understand what I am to do here.some of the very people He views as precious enough to give His only Begotten Son to die to redeem.

It is comforting to know that, taking the issues seriously, you have put in the effort indicated above.

It does seem at times that the latest tidbits of information are passed along, and how do you know where serious and constructive interest ends and gossip begins.

(Not that I would want to stop hearing about the tidbits...)

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 1 2007, 12:06 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 1 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

thanks so much maggie for taking all the time to transcribe that for us. i've done that before and i know how time consuming it can be. we appreciate you. God bless, Mo thankyou.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
steffan
post Jun 1 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(Skyhook @ May 31 2007, 05:17 PM) [snapback]197653[/snapback]

It sounds like the the 3abn crisis is escalating. I notice he prayed that Danny would give God the credit when he fixes everything for them. There must be a lot of anxiety among Danny and his inner circle for JL to talk like that.

No sorry. That is just his pattern. Whenever he prays for anyone for physical healing, mental, family problems or a ministry he usually prays that whatever happens they would give God the credit, praise and glory. This was not a "unique" prayer for your speculation.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 1 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Uh, nice to see you Steffan. You are here just in time. Your attention is needed here>>>>>>>>
savegailon.blogspot.com

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 1 2007, 09:51 AM) [snapback]197757[/snapback]

No sorry. That is just his pattern. Whenever he prays for anyone for physical healing, mental, family problems or a ministry he usually prays that whatever happens they would give God the credit, praise and glory. This was not a "unique" prayer for your speculation.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jun 1 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 1 2007, 11:51 AM) [snapback]197757[/snapback]

Steffan, I figure that John L. and the others are not stupid regardless of other faults they might have, and can see as well as anyone that with Danny there is an ego problem, a self promotion problem, and it is definately noticed even by his supporters. When one thinks of Danny, the word "humility" would never come to mind.
Since you seem to know John L. I think you would be doing him a favor to explain to him that when he addresses God in his prayers as "Father God" (which sounds a little odd anyway) it is half of the way neo pagans address thier god. The complete phrase is "Father God, Mother God." Apparantly people in other Christian denominations have picked that habit up from the neo-pagans as well. That and the other aspects of the vocabulary that is used by 3abn's inner circle, do seem to indicate a strong spiritual influence from a source that should be carefully avoided.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Jun 1 2007, 04:38 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 1 2007, 05:00 PM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

That is very strange, Skyhook. I have heard that phrase all my life in prayers to God. Since it is Neo pagans, and the people whom I've heard use the phrase wouldn't know a pagan if they walked upa nd slapped them, let alone how they pray, also that the name is quite appropriate an daccurate being that God is Our Heavenly Father, could it be that their phrasing is just an imitation of the original, as with satan's other counterfeits. If so, why should we let the thief keep his goods?

Now, I know we can find plenty things to say about the computer guy.......Oooops! JL, giggle.gif but in this one thing, I believe we have to let him address his Heavenly Father out of the depths of his own heart. It is something akin got Michal criticizing David's dance before the Ark. Definititely, do not want to incur God's wrath as she did. Do we?

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jun 1 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]197813[/snapback]

Steffan, I figure that John L. and the others are not stupid regardless of other faults they might have, and can see as well as anyone that with Danny there is an ego problem, a self promotion problem, and it is definately noticed even by his supporters. When one thinks of Danny, the word "humility" would never come to mind.
Since you seem to know John L. I think you would be doing him a favor to explain to him that when he addresses God in his prayers as "Father God" (which sounds a little odd anyway) it is half of the way neo pagans address thier god. The complete phrase is "Father God, Mother God." Apparantly people in other Christian denominations have picked that habit up from the neo-pagans as well. That and the other aspects of the vocabulary that is used by 3abn's inner circle, do seem to indicate a strong spiritual influence from a source that should be carefully avoided.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 1 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

skyhook is correct. here is more info on the subject.

http://www.angelfire.com/mo/PsychicOrSatan/Praying.html

i sent this info to danny and linda about 10yrs. ago when i noticed a couple of pastors & mollie using the term regularly. linda wrote me a nice long letter back and said "it just makes me truly sick to my stomach to think of people doing this"...
within a matter of months, i noticed that everyone on 3abn had stopped using the term. the only time i heard it on 3abn after that was on rare occassions when "non-regulars" would be on "live". that was up until Psychidelic Shelly showed up however! She and C.A. Murray usually use that term when they pray and of course Linda isn't there to say anything to them about it.
afro.gif Guess it's time to send another letter.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 1 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]197816[/snapback]

That is very strange, Skyhook. I have heard that phrase all my life in prayers to God. Since it is Neo pagans, and the people whom I've heard use the phrase wouldn't know a pagan if they walked upa nd slapped them, let alone how they pray, also that the name is quite appropriate an daccurate being that God is Our Heavenly Father, could it be that their phrasing is just an imitation of the original, as with satan's other counterfeits. If so, why should we let the thief keep his goods?

Now, I know we can find plenty things to say about the computer guy.......Oooops! JL, giggle.gif but in this one thing, I believe we have to let him address his Heavenly Father out of the depths of his own heart. It is something akin got Michal criticizing David's dance before the Ark. Definititely, do not want to incur God's wrath as she did. Do we?

This post has been edited by mozart: Jun 1 2007, 06:07 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jun 1 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

dunno.gif Doesn't the Lord know those who are His? (2 Tim 2:19)

I would assume the other guy knows who are his, too.

IMO it's not the words one uses but the intention of the heart ....

... and if a person is using prayer to cover up wrongdoing, well ... (John 8:44)

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Jun 1 2007, 06:13 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 1 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

SE,
did you read the link above?

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jun 1 2007, 06:12 PM) [snapback]197829[/snapback]

dunno.gif Doesn't the Lord know those who are His? (2 Tim 2:19)

I would assume the other guy knows who are his, too.

IMO it's not the words one uses but the intention of the heart ....

... and if a person is using prayer to cover up wrongdoing, well ... (John 8:44)

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jun 1 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(mozart @ Jun 1 2007, 08:05 PM) [snapback]197827[/snapback]

skyhook is correct. here is more info on the subject.

http://www.angelfire.com/mo/PsychicOrSatan/Praying.html

i sent this info to danny and linda about 10yrs. ago when i noticed a couple of pastors & mollie using the term regularly. linda wrote me a nice long letter back and said "it just makes me truly sick to my stomach to think of people doing this"...
within a matter of months, i noticed that everyone on 3abn had stopped using the term. the only time i heard it on 3abn after that was on rare occassions when "non-regulars" would be on "live". that was up until Psychidelic Shelly showed up however! She and C.A. Murray usually use that term when they pray and of course Linda isn't there to say anything to them about it.
afro.gif Guess it's time to send another letter.

skyhook is partly correct. The term Father God is ubiquitous in the african-american church where prayers tend to be directed to God the Father in the name of Jesus and does not stem from any new age or pagan roots. Caucasians have adopted the terminology in some cases as you say leaning on new age thinking... but in others, particularly among televangelists, because they are seeking to have more of a black "feel" to their praying... usually overlooking the fact that the way people pray in the black church is not an outward form to be emulated but instead is an outworking of their walk with Christ and that is not just how they pray publicly; it is how they pray...period whether alone of in corporate worship... and the overwhelming majority of them are oblivious to new age thinking... and have been praying that way long before new age paganism came to be; it's how they learned to pray, while listening to their mothers and grandmothers and the old prayer warriors from the church of their youth... many of whom were barely literate at best and whose prayers were the result of their pouring out their souls before God.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jun 1 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(mozart @ Jun 1 2007, 05:17 PM) [snapback]197830[/snapback]

SE,
did you read the link above?

I went back and read it, yes, but I stand by my statement. "Father God" distinguishes Him from earthly fathers in the same way that "Heavenly Father" does, even if one appears in the Bible and one does not. Is anyone here willing to say that because a person gets the words wrong, God won't listen to their prayers? If so, what does that say about God?

I'm Caucasian, and I didn't know about the history of the phrase moving from black-to-white churches or Christians. All the people I know who use the phrase are white, and I've seen God answer prayers addressed to "Father God." dunno.gif

Mo ... did you look up my texts? flirt.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 1 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jun 1 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]197831[/snapback]

skyhook is partly correct. The term Father God is ubiquitous in the african-american church where prayers tend to be directed to God the Father in the name of Jesus and does not stem from any new age or pagan roots. Caucasians have adopted the terminology in some cases as you say leaning on new age thinking... but in others, particularly among televangelists, because they are seeking to have more of a black "feel" to their praying... usually overlooking the fact that the way people pray in the black church is not an outward form to be emulated but instead is an outworking of their walk with Christ and that is not just how they pray publicly; it is how they pray...period whether alone of in corporate worship... and the overwhelming majority of them are oblivious to new age thinking... and have been praying that way long before new age paganism came to be; it's how they learned to pray, while listening to their mothers and grandmothers and the old prayer warriors from the church of their youth... many of whom were barely literate at best and whose prayers were the result of their pouring out their souls before God.

In His service,
Mr. J

preach on preacha...... the person (or persons) who gave the intercessory prayer when I was growing up in church back in the day more often than not begin their prayer with Father God, or Father God, Creator of the Universe..... and there was no new age back then....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 1 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ok???!! Somebody needs to let them know that the phrase Pre dates New Age.

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 1 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]197835[/snapback]

preach on preacha...... the person (or persons) who gave the intercessory prayer when I was growing up in church back in the day more often than not begin their prayer with Father God, or Father God, Creator of the Universe..... and there was no new age back then....

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jun 2 2007, 01:07 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 1 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]197816[/snapback]

princessdi, I have more information on that somewhere. Sylvia Brown the Medium psychic uses "Father God Mother God." the other version for neo-pagans is "Father God, Mother Earth."

I have never personally heard Christians besides JL address God like that except for one that I can recall a few years ago.
As for Michel, I don't know about God's wrath, but she shre incurred David's. He in effect made a nun out of her. He put her in a convent. rofl1.gif

+Quote Post
Voktar of Zargon
post Jun 2 2007, 04:45 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,188

Addressing God as a mother is unbiblical, except in a rare metaphorical sense. We are enjoined by Jesus Himself to address God as our Father. Does that mean that we can only address Him as "Our Father who art in Heaven?" Of course not. Does that mean that we cannot address Jesus or the Holy Spirit directly either? If we get caught up in pronouncing just the right name, or just the right formula, then we are no better than superstitious Catholics or Jehovah Witnesses. Is God our Father? Then there is nothing wrong with addressing Him as "Father God." Pagans have addressed their god in a fatherly way ever since Baal. Does that mean we should shun addressing the true God in a fatherly way. Of course not. Neo-pagans even address Jesus as 'the son.' Should we stop doing that? The use of the title 'Father God' is wide spread among African American Christians. Does that mean they are all unwittingly invoking the neo-pagan deity? Balderdash!
On a side note, my experience with the use of the title "Father God" in public intercessory prayer is that it is often used in a highly repetitious way, more than most appellations for God. Often every sentence has the title used. I am not sure how this practice began. Would we address any other person in this way? They would probably think we were crazy or tell us to stop. Why then do we address God this way? Is it possible that this practice originated in a superstitious way? If Jesus enjoined us to address God as Father, then doing so more often than normal will be even more efficacious? Or, is it because sometimes public prayer is not only coveted for its heartfelt sincerity and theological relevance, but also for its poetic and musical quality? (Father/God rhymes)

This post has been edited by Voktar of Zargon: Jun 2 2007, 05:41 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:33 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church