Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13633&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:23:41 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Http://savegailon.blogspot.com/, 3ABN's Defense Team's New Website
Artiste
post May 31 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,569

Interesting to see today's postings on this site--the little poll and all. (Something about should the dirty laundry be aired on National Enquirer.)

Also the quote from John Lomacang referring to DS as "the chosen servant of God..."

This post has been edited by Artiste: May 31 2007, 05:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 31 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #62

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Noahswife @ May 25 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]196773[/snapback]

McDanny? You didn't really say that........ doh.gif

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif

Hey Di hiya.gif

What were you saying about those bears?

spoton.gif

You better watch out on that copyright! In the kingdom of Denmark there was one upon time a fellow by the name of Allan who sold Wieners from his wagon. So some of his friends called him McAllan, and before long he put up a sign by his wagon where it said McAllan.

Everybody should know there is the giant McBurger - McDonald - and do you know what happened? The big Mc claimed he had a copyright on the McName, so he sued McAllan. McAllan claimed he had no hamburgers, and just like Pickle and Joy, lots of people felt sorry for tiny Allan and supported him financially against the giant. Believe it or not, but the judge made fun of the giant and said he didn't have a foot to stand on, so McAllan won. Unfortunately the whole thing was so hard on Allan and his family, that Allan lost his wife although he won the case. And this is a true story afrom Denmark.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 31 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

hmm.....interesting story johann. maybe we should cover that and kill two birds with one stone and use the term "GMcDanny".
dunno.gif 2guns.gif
QUOTE(Johann @ May 31 2007, 05:37 PM) [snapback]197673[/snapback]

You better watch out on that copyright! In the kingdom of Denmark there was one upon time a fellow by the name of Allan who sold Wieners from his wagon. So some of his friends called him McAllan, and before long he put up a sign by his wagon where it said McAllan.

Everybody should know there is the giant McBurger - McDonald - and do you know what happened? The big Mc claimed he had a copyright on the McName, so he sued McAllan. McAllan claimed he had no hamburgers, and just like Pickle and Joy, lots of people felt sorry for tiny Allan and supported him financially against the giant. Believe it or not, but the judge made fun of the giant and said he didn't have a foot to stand on, so McAllan won. Unfortunately the whole thing was so hard on Allan and his family, that Allan lost his wife although he won the case. And this is a true story afrom Denmark.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 31 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(mozart @ May 31 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]197674[/snapback]

hmm.....interesting story johann. maybe we should cover that and kill two birds with one stone and use the term "GMcDanny".
dunno.gif 2guns.gif

happydance.gif roflmao.gif giggle.gif rofl1.gif

GMcDanny!!!

happydance.gif rofl1.gif

Thanks! I needed that.

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jun 1 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #65

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ May 24 2007, 05:12 PM) [snapback]196714[/snapback]

I suppose if this doesn't work, they'll break out the blackface and the Rochester and Amos n' Andy imitations... along with the fried chicken and watermelon of course...

And these are people claiming to be Christians... sad.

In His service,
Mr. J

Get out of my mind... doh.gif Let us not forget "step-n-fetchit" caricature

http://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/coon/

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 1 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #66

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Jun 1 2007, 06:16 AM) [snapback]197736[/snapback]

Get out of my mind... doh.gif Let us not forget "step-n-fetchit" caricature

http://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/coon/

Sera,

Great article! We all know the huge impact movies have had and still have on forming societal thought. Very sad that someone would find it acceptable to make a fortune creating a stereotype that would eventually lead to one white politician's 2007 comment that Barak Obama was "articulate".

In all fairness, though, we also have the stereotypes created of young southern white men and their law enforcement counterparts in such shows as the Dukes of Hazzard TV series. On second thought, perhaps that is more a case of art imitating life....

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 1 2007, 10:50 AM
Post #67

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok so they have had 7 days to say something. I will let you all know what I find out. I wills tart Monday morning with a few conference officials and the NAACP.
QUOTE(princessdi @ May 24 2007, 09:32 AM) [snapback]196677[/snapback]

Ok, so, I just looked at this website....I believe it was Aletheia who was trying to convince somebody that Danny and that whole southern IL bunch are not racist? Steffan, FHB, Danny somebody needs to say something like, "this is a ridiculous spoof, and joke in poor taste, before I start calling folks.....NAACP comes to mind right about now, but I am sure there are others and the media really loves race stories....make that denominational race stories. The church is too closely tied to 3ABN not to be dubbed racist, right along with them. I give you all a few days to respond, but I am alerting at least one organization ASAP.................... nonono.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 1 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #68

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 1 2007, 08:50 AM) [snapback]197756[/snapback]

Ok so they have had 7 days to say something. I will let you all know what I find out. I wills tart Monday morning with a few conference officials and the NAACP.

Wonderful idea! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jun 2 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #69

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 1 2007, 12:20 PM) [snapback]197746[/snapback]

Sera,

Great article! We all know the huge impact movies have had and still have on forming societal thought. Very sad that someone would find it acceptable to make a fortune creating a stereotype that would eventually lead to one white politician's 2007 comment that Barak Obama was "articulate".

In all fairness, though, we also have the stereotypes created of young southern white men and their law enforcement counterparts in such shows as the Dukes of Hazzard TV series. On second thought, perhaps that is more a case of art imitating life....

Though I understand the point you are attempting to make "in all fairness "WE" does not apply. And you ask, well why not? Well, because black folks did not create said shows to spoof or, caricature caucasians. Nor do I think such would be "allowed" to happen because our primary media outlets are run by the good old boys. Spike Lee not withstanding, black folk don't have that kind of juice in mainstream media.

So, "in all fairness", y'all got this.
afro.gif

I know you're wondering, who is Spike Lee? smile.gif Just do a google search yes.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jun 2 2007, 05:51 AM
Post #70

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Jun 1 2007, 11:30 PM) [snapback]197882[/snapback]

Though I understand the point you are attempting to make "in all fairness "WE" does not apply. And you ask, well why not? Well, because black folks did not create said shows to spoof or, caricature caucasians. Nor do I think such would be "allowed" to happen because our primary media outlets are run by the good old boys. Spike Lee not withstanding, black folk don't have that kind of juice in mainstream media.

So, "in all fairness", y'all got this.
afro.gif

Well, the Dukes of Hazzard stereotypes aren't exactly helpful. I agree that the mainstream media is by-and-large racist, but they also tend to portray poor whites in a very negative light as well. Could it be that it isn't just about race, but about class as well?

I know you're wondering, who is Spike Lee? Just do a google search

Come on, "do the right thing" and give some of us some credit ...

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Jun 2 2007, 05:53 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 2 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #71

Advanced Member

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jun 2 2007, 03:51 AM) [snapback]197916[/snapback]

Well, the Dukes of Hazzard stereotypes aren't exactly helpful. I agree that the mainstream media is by-and-large racist, but they also tend to portray poor whites in a very negative light as well. Could it be that it isn't just about race, but about class as well?
Come on, "do the right thing" and give some of us some credit ...

Why do you think we have to wonder who Spike Lee is? (Don't think we know even basic information like that?) smile.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 2 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #72

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 2 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]197941[/snapback]

Why do you think we have to wonder who Spike Lee is? (Don't think we know even basic information like that?) smile.gif

well glad you know..... spoton.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
steffan
post Jun 2 2007, 08:31 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 1 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]197756[/snapback]

As one of the administrators, you need to be worrying about the title of this thread. Calvin very much should be. You state on this title that the gailon site is from 3abn's defense team. You state it as a fact. This is a ridiculous and unfounded statement and you have put it in print. That is something to worry about.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 2 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #74

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I did not start this thread, Steffan. However. the idea that this site was mounted in defense of 3ABN and Danny comes from the site itself. You might want to let Danny know that this is out there. Even though he might not have sanctioned it, it is being done in his defense. It just maybe some over zealous supporter, but he probably needs to address it in some manner.

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 2 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]198025[/snapback]

As one of the administrators, you need to be worrying about the title of this thread. Calvin very much should be. You state on this title that the gailon site is from 3abn's defense team. You state it as a fact. This is a ridiculous and unfounded statement and you have put it in print. That is something to worry about.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 2 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #75

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 2 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]198025[/snapback]

this sounds like something ds would say. dunno.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:23 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church