Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13709&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:12:10 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "the Evidence Will All Be Brought Out In A Court Of Law", Danny's strategy?
Lawsuit Secrecy Questions
How does the fact that the court documents are sealed affect your likelihood of promoting and/or supporting Danny Shelton and/or 3ABN?
I HAVE been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit makes me MORE inclined to do so now. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I HAVE been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit makes me LESS inclined to do so now. [ 21 ] ** [55.26%]
I HAVE been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit does NOT affect my doing so now. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I have NOT been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit makes me MORE inclined to start now. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I have NOT been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit makes me LESS inclined to start now. [ 15 ] ** [39.47%]
I have NOT been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit does NOT affect my starting to do so now. [ 2 ] ** [5.26%]
Do you think having the lawsuit sealed was a wise move on Danny's part?
I think it was a wise move. [ 1 ] ** [2.63%]
I think it was a stupid move. [ 32 ] ** [84.21%]
I don't know. [ 5 ] ** [13.16%]
From a public relations perspective, how soon do you think the court documents should be unsealed?
They never should be unsealed. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Sealing them at all was a mistake. [ 7 ] ** [18.42%]
They should be unsealed as soon as possible. [ 12 ] ** [31.58%]
It's a PR disaster whether they're sealed forever, sealed a short time, or never sealed at all. [ 19 ] ** [50.00%]
I don't know. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 38
Guests cannot vote 
Pickle
post May 31 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #1

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

The following dawned on me:
  • Danny has repeatedly spurned all requests for the release of evidence that allegedly vindicates himself, saying that it would all be brought out in a court of law.
  • We saw very clearly that whatever evidence was going to be brought out in the ASI hearings was never going to see the light of day. It would be sealed forever.
  • Could it be that Danny's repeated promise that it would all be brought out in a court of law was but a ruse, and that he always intended to impose the same kind of eternal secrecy he intended the ASI hearings to have?
I know, I know. Eternal is absolutely positively the wrong word.

"Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known" (Mt. 10:26).

"For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known" (Lk. 12:2).

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artiste
post May 31 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

Totally agree.

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 31 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Artiste @ May 31 2007, 04:03 PM) [snapback]197649[/snapback]

Totally agree.

Was it a wise move to seal the documents, or was it not?

The answer to that depends upon what is in the docuemnts. It just could be that it was a wise move to protect 3-ABN from the damage that they woul follow if the public knew what was in them.

As I do not know what is in them I cannot say. But, I assume that 3-ABN was protecting its interests, and that it assumes that the damage from impounding them will be less than the damage that would follow if the public knew.

That is only an assuption of mine basd in part upon my view that 3-ABN is recieving excelleant legal advice, and that the people who know what is in those documents believe it best to keep that information from the public.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 31 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Good points, Gregory.

Because of my interest in apologetics, I tend to think in terms of how the public will react in this scenario or that scenario. Perhaps one of the earliest references I made to how I felt secrecy would impact public perceptions was the following email to Mollie Steenson written on October 17, perhaps 8 days before ASI voted to get involved:
4) Will they be making public the evidence that supports their findings, or will they only make public their findings?

I ask this last question because from a damage control and apologetic perspective, the only real way to put all the rumors to rest once and for all is to come across as if 3ABN has nothing to hide.

Take for example these phone records, which Pastor Lomacang stated emphatically that he had personally seen. After he promised that we could see them if we stopped by, it has taken more than five weeks to discover that 3ABN will not allow this, and that gives the impression that they either do not exist or that they do not say what he claimed they say.

This is even more so the case since I asked him on September 8 and October 2 and October 3 and October 10 and October 16 whether the hundreds of hours were actual minutes or billed minutes, and though I did get a short reply from him on October 2, he has yet to answer that simple question. The definite impression being given is that there never were hundreds of hours spent on the phone.

I think a lot of these rumors could have been easily avoided or dispelled if 3ABN had handled these PR matters differently. Along these lines, I would suggest that great care be taken in the selection of which respected church leaders examine all the evidence. If it is perceived that the panel is stacked in favor of 3ABN from the very beginning, it will not settle the questions in people's minds, especially if none of the evidence is ever made public. Whether the panel is stacked or not is not as important at this point as how it is all perceived if the goal is to dispel all the rumors, in my opinion.

God bless.

Bob

I still think it is in their best interest from a PR perspective to fess up where necessary, say I'm sorry, and avoid coming across like they have something to hide.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post May 31 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

And I still think that 3ABN will, sooner rather than later, lose enough donations to put them out of business.

Negative publicity coming from sources like Save3ABN.com and BlackSDA and also just people talking among themselves may easily bring about the above results without any further efforts needed.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 31 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

I sure hope not, Artiste. But I guess it all depends on how they respond to constructive criticism.

+Quote Post
steffan
post May 31 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 31 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]197644[/snapback]

The following dawned on me:
  • Danny has repeatedly spurned all requests for the release of evidence that allegedly vindicates himself, saying that it would all be brought out in a court of law.
  • We saw very clearly that whatever evidence was going to be brought out in the ASI hearings was never going to see the light of day. It would be sealed forever.
  • Could it be that Danny's repeated promise that it would all be brought out in a court of law was but a ruse, and that he always intended to impose the same kind of eternal secrecy he intended the ASI hearings to have?
I know, I know. Eternal is absolutely positively the wrong word.

I can't help but laugh at how you consistently leave out any options that might be construed as 3abn doing the positive thing.
I will put another option here for you.
Could it be that Danny's repeated promise that it would all be brought out in a court is exactly what is going to happen?

+Quote Post
calvin
post May 31 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #8

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Artiste @ May 31 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]197668[/snapback]

And I still think that 3ABN will, sooner rather than later, lose enough donations to put them out of business.

Negative publicity coming from sources like Save3ABN.com and BlackSDA and also just people talking among themselves may easily bring about the above results without any further efforts needed.

I don’t think so. I think 3ABN has taken the best shots from its critics and survived. I think it’s downturn in donation (if this is true) has more to do with them being off Sky Angel and probably to some extend the competition from Hope TV than anything here or at save3abn. Don’t let the 100K views at save4abn or the tens of thousand views here fool you. These numbers do not represent unique hits on these websites. But most probably the same few hundred people returning time after time. Because a few outspoken people feel adamantly that there needs to be a change in leadership at 3abn, don’t get caught up in drinking our own cool aid thinking that we represent the norm in Adventist. I believe we don’t. Most Adventist don’t care about what now is a 3 year old messy divorce and firing of Linda. Even here, there is not much new to talk about that has not already been discussed and discussed again. When I ask people about Linda the usually response is “I heard she was having an affair with a doctor in Europe”. People are not going to take the time to come here and save3abn to educate themselves on the issues; they got other things going on in their lives. Most people in my area are just glad to see 3abn back on satellite again. This is not to say that we have not had any influence.

I know many of you think the smoking gun, knock out punch will come in these law suits, I don’t remain optimistic.

+Quote Post
steffan
post May 31 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 31 2007, 06:11 PM) [snapback]197663[/snapback]

Good points, Gregory.

I still think it is in their best interest from a PR perspective to fess up where necessary, say I'm sorry, and avoid coming across like they have something to hide.

Unless they have nothing to fess up and say I'm sorry for. A scenerio you haven't thought of?
Let me give you another one on your same old story of John L. saying you get see the bills and then later you couldn't ....yada yada....Did it ever occure to you that between the time you ask and he said yes and the weeks following when he said no, that those involved had heard the stirrings and rumors that you guys were trying to make trouble and they decided to sit it out and see where you were going? Seeing where you did go, it was a very intelligent move for them to make.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 31 2007, 07:48 PM
Post #10

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(calvin @ May 31 2007, 08:38 PM) [snapback]197678[/snapback]

I don’t think so. I think 3ABN has taken the best shots from its critics and survived. I think it’s downturn in donation (if this is true) has more to do with them being off Sky Angel and probably to some extend the competition from Hope TV than anything here or at save3abn. Don’t let the 100K views at save4abn or the tens of thousand views here fool you. These numbers do not represent unique hits on these websites. But most probably the same few hundred people returning time after time. Because a few outspoken people feel adamantly that there needs to be a change in leadership at 3abn, don’t get caught up in drinking our own cool aid thinking that we represent the norm in Adventist. I believe we don’t. Most Adventist don’t care about what now is a 3 year old messy divorce and firing of Linda. Even here, there is not much new to talk about that has not already been discussed and discussed again. When I ask people about Linda the usually response is “I heard she was having an affair with a doctor in Europe”. People are not going to take the time to come here and save3abn to educate themselves on the issues; they got other things going on in their lives. Most people in my area are just glad to see 3abn back on satellite again. This is not to say that we have not had any influence.

I know many of you think the smoking gun, knock out punch will come in these law suits, I don’t remain optimistic.

yep... I am thinking the same thing....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 31 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(calvin @ May 31 2007, 06:38 PM) [snapback]197678[/snapback]

I do remain optimistic.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 31 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #12

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 31 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]197682[/snapback]

I do remain optimistic.

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability."

IPB Image

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 31 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(steffan @ May 31 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]197679[/snapback]

Unless they have nothing to fess up and say I'm sorry for. A scenerio you haven't thought of?
Let me give you another one on your same old story of John L. saying you get see the bills and then later you couldn't ....yada yada....Did it ever occure to you that between the time you ask and he said yes and the weeks following when he said no, that those involved had heard the stirrings and rumors that you guys were trying to make trouble and they decided to sit it out and see where you were going? Seeing where you did go, it was a very intelligent move for them to make.

Just one more thing to hide. dunno.gif Too bad they chose to hide again. wallbash.gif

Too bad they refuse to chose to break the cycle no.gif

Pickle, Thank you for the poll.

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: May 31 2007, 08:43 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Artiste
post May 31 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE(calvin @ May 31 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]197678[/snapback]

Calvin, does "I don't remain optimistic" refer to optimisim regarding the demise of 3ABN? Or just present leadership? I'm guessing the latter.

I agree that many of the views at Save3ABN site may be repeats.

It's true that many SDAs have no idea of problems at 3ABN. I have reason to believe, however, that news is spreading even as we sit at our computers speculating about it online.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post May 31 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

This quote is speaking about the work of the church in spreading the gospel to the world. She makes some points that may apply here. Given some other statements that she made about the "surprisingly simple means" that God will use to finish the work of giving the gospel to the world, I'm not sure it will include sattelite TV.

"There is no need to doubt, to be fearful that the work will not succeed. God is at the head of the work, and He will set everything in order. If matters need adjusting at the head of the work, God will attend to that, and work to right every wrong.... " (R&H, Sept 20. 1892)

This post has been edited by Skyhook: May 31 2007, 11:07 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:12 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church