Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13709&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:34:05 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "the Evidence Will All Be Brought Out In A Court Of Law", Danny's strategy?
Lawsuit Secrecy Questions
How does the fact that the court documents are sealed affect your likelihood of promoting and/or supporting Danny Shelton and/or 3ABN?
I HAVE been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit makes me MORE inclined to do so now. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I HAVE been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit makes me LESS inclined to do so now. [ 21 ] ** [55.26%]
I HAVE been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit does NOT affect my doing so now. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I have NOT been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit makes me MORE inclined to start now. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I have NOT been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit makes me LESS inclined to start now. [ 15 ] ** [39.47%]
I have NOT been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit does NOT affect my starting to do so now. [ 2 ] ** [5.26%]
Do you think having the lawsuit sealed was a wise move on Danny's part?
I think it was a wise move. [ 1 ] ** [2.63%]
I think it was a stupid move. [ 32 ] ** [84.21%]
I don't know. [ 5 ] ** [13.16%]
From a public relations perspective, how soon do you think the court documents should be unsealed?
They never should be unsealed. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Sealing them at all was a mistake. [ 7 ] ** [18.42%]
They should be unsealed as soon as possible. [ 12 ] ** [31.58%]
It's a PR disaster whether they're sealed forever, sealed a short time, or never sealed at all. [ 19 ] ** [50.00%]
I don't know. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 38
Guests cannot vote 
PeacefulBe
post May 31 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

Bob,

Is the counter at save3abn.com one that counts unique hits or just every visit?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 31 2007, 11:36 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 31 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]197703[/snapback]

Bob,

Is the counter at save3abn.com one that counts unique hits or just every visit?

PB, my understanding is it counts each unique hit. But, I'm sure Bob will verify.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 1 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 31 2007, 09:36 PM) [snapback]197704[/snapback]

PB, my understanding is it counts each unique hit. But, I'm sure Bob will verify.

That is my understanding as well, but since Calvin stated that it wasn't I thought it best to get the record set straight.

BTW, the save3abn counter is at nearly 177K now.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 1 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 31 2007, 11:03 PM) [snapback]197708[/snapback]

That is my understanding as well, but since Calvin stated that it wasn't I thought it best to get the record set straight.

BTW, the save3abn counter is at nearly 177K now.

Hmm, I hadn't seen that Calvin stated that.
Yes, I saw the counter up there tonight...grows every day.
We'll get the facts on the counter...I will do some checking too, but Bob may get back here with that sooner then I will... tongue.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Jun 1 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(steffan @ May 31 2007, 09:32 PM) [snapback]197677[/snapback]

I can't help but laugh at how you consistently leave out any options that might be construed as 3abn doing the positive thing.
I will put another option here for you.
Could it be that Danny's repeated promise that it would all be brought out in a court is exactly what is going to happen?

So what part of going to court to sue other Christians are you laughing at?

I would not be very proud of repeated promises to take others to court.

Going to court, in this situation, has nothing to do with "bringing out," but has everything to do with "covering up" the truth.

Oh BTW, what happened to "letting the Lord fight our battles for us."

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 1 2007, 01:48 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

i think we have all thought of that. a lie is still a lie steffan.

QUOTE(steffan @ May 31 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]197679[/snapback]

Unless they have nothing to fess up and say I'm sorry for. A scenerio you haven't thought of?
Let me give you another one on your same old story of John L. saying you get see the bills and then later you couldn't ....yada yada....Did it ever occure to you that between the time you ask and he said yes and the weeks following when he said no, that those involved had heard the stirrings and rumors that you guys were trying to make trouble and they decided to sit it out and see where you were going? Seeing where you did go, it was a very intelligent move for them to make.

This post has been edited by mozart: Jun 1 2007, 01:48 AM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jun 1 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(steffan @ May 31 2007, 08:32 PM) [snapback]197677[/snapback]

I can't help but laugh at how you consistently leave out any options that might be construed as 3abn doing the positive thing.

Laugh all you can. People here acknowledge when 3abn is doing the right thing. Case in point--when Judge Rowe said, "the two pastor’s offices, each measuring 14 feet by 18 feet, on the second floor of the administrative production center building," should be tax exempt, I think everyone here thought that was a positive thing.

Question is, do you understand what 3abn was doing wrong with the use of their property? If so, you might let us know. If not, don't bother wasting our time trying to educate us about other things.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
steffan
post Jun 1 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Jun 1 2007, 01:43 AM) [snapback]197712[/snapback]

Going to court, in this situation, has nothing to do with "bringing out," but has everything to do with "covering up" the truth.

I am glad you posted this. It is truth but goes directly against Pickles posts that no one ask them to stop what they were doing.

We can choose to walk out in front of a train and say God will handle it if he wants us to live but the truth is, we know That God gives us a brain and good common sense to use along with our prayers and faith in Him. For that reason, the church itself, has been involved in suits against those who they feared were hurting the church or it's work. The "team" that started this have left 3ABN no choice but to do what they are doing. You all like to do your "homework", why don't you go back and do some checking to see if those responsible for this, have done the same to any other ministries or organizations that were totally on the up and up. You might be surprised.

[quote name='sonshineonme' date='Jun 1 2007, 01:07 AM' post='197710']
Hmm, I hadn't seen that Calvin stated that.
Yes, I saw the counter up there tonight...grows every day.
We'll get the facts on the counter...I will do some checking too, but Bob may get back here with that sooner then I will... tongue.gif
[/quote

Of course the counter will climb when they have several site names so that people who like 3abn and are looking for them on the net will be taken to the "save not" site. Those people are mad, upset and sickened by where they "accidentally" find themselves. So, before you get ready to celebrate high numbers think of how many have been wracked up that didn't want to be there.

QUOTE(calvin @ May 31 2007, 08:38 PM) [snapback]197678[/snapback]

I don’t think so. I think 3ABN has taken the best shots from its critics and survived. I think it’s downturn in donation (if this is true) has more to do with them being off Sky Angel and probably to some extend the competition from Hope TV than anything here or at save3abn. Don’t let the 100K views at save4abn or the tens of thousand views here fool you. These numbers do not represent unique hits on these websites. But most probably the same few hundred people returning time after time. Because a few outspoken people feel adamantly that there needs to be a change in leadership at 3abn, don’t get caught up in drinking our own cool aid thinking that we represent the norm in Adventist. I believe we don’t. Most Adventist don’t care about what now is a 3 year old messy divorce and firing of Linda. Even here, there is not much new to talk about that has not already been discussed and discussed again. When I ask people about Linda the usually response is “I heard she was having an affair with a doctor in Europe”. People are not going to take the time to come here and save3abn to educate themselves on the issues; they got other things going on in their lives. Most people in my area are just glad to see 3abn back on satellite again. This is not to say that we have not had any influence.

I know many of you think the smoking gun, knock out punch will come in these law suits, I don’t remain optimistic.

Well, finally. Some common sense shown.

+Quote Post
steffan
post Jun 1 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(Observer @ May 31 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]197657[/snapback]

Was it a wise move to seal the documents, or was it not?

The answer to that depends upon what is in the docuemnts. It just could be that it was a wise move to protect 3-ABN from the damage that they woul follow if the public knew what was in them.

As I do not know what is in them I cannot say. But, I assume that 3-ABN was protecting its interests, and that it assumes that the damage from impounding them will be less than the damage that would follow if the public knew.

That is only an assuption of mine basd in part upon my view that 3-ABN is recieving excelleant legal advice, and that the people who know what is in those documents believe it best to keep that information from the public.

Since you, at least appear, to use some reasoning here, I was surprised that you also left out several important options/scenerios.
In your humble opinion, could it be that 3abn had nothing to do with sealed or unsealed documents because they have left those decisions to the experts to do what they think is best. Since most people know nothing about legal strategy isn't that what they hire lawyers for? If that is the case then 3abn would be "informed" of what the attorney's had decided to do. They would not be making those decisions.
The other option for impoundment that you have overlooked is this. Maybe sealing the documents has nothing to do with any "damaging" information coming out. It could be, and I would guess probably so, that it is simply to keep the men involved from spinning their own opinions, allegations and stories to the public while litigation is going on. If this group of attorney's have done their homework, they have studied the site, studied the people involved and I would imagine, have come to several conclusions. I would guess They will go forward and make decisions based on those conclusions and the behaviour of those that are doing this. In my opinion to unleash litigation proceedings to people of Joy and Pickles caliber would be a catastrophic mess for all involved.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 1 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

This would all be fine, Fearless Leader, is it hadn't been stated by one of Danny's supporters here that Danny would sue, because the things said on the internet wee causing a drop in donations. So he believes this also. I believe at the time I posted that they could not have it both ways. Only the minions he had here who kept claiming there was no decline at all, even after Mollie said on TV there way.

I run across that same type of apathy, but we will pay the price for burying our heads in the sand. Yes, it is easier and more exciting to believe that Linda had an affair. Problem is Danny stated, "spritual" Adultery. The masses caught "adultery" and dismissed the "spiritual" because they didn't want to take the time to figure out what it meant, exactly........Sheep, I tell ya! I believe a desired result. Once again apathy for which we will pay highly. However, the divorce is only the straw that broke the camel's back.

QUOTE(calvin @ May 31 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]197678[/snapback]

I don’t think so. I think 3ABN has taken the best shots from its critics and survived. I think it’s downturn in donation (if this is true) has more to do with them being off Sky Angel and probably to some extend the competition from Hope TV than anything here or at save3abn. Don’t let the 100K views at save4abn or the tens of thousand views here fool you. These numbers do not represent unique hits on these websites. But most probably the same few hundred people returning time after time. Because a few outspoken people feel adamantly that there needs to be a change in leadership at 3abn, don’t get caught up in drinking our own cool aid thinking that we represent the norm in Adventist. I believe we don’t. Most Adventist don’t care about what now is a 3 year old messy divorce and firing of Linda. Even here, there is not much new to talk about that has not already been discussed and discussed again. When I ask people about Linda the usually response is “I heard she was having an affair with a doctor in Europe”. People are not going to take the time to come here and save3abn to educate themselves on the issues; they got other things going on in their lives. Most people in my area are just glad to see 3abn back on satellite again. This is not to say that we have not had any influence.

I know many of you think the smoking gun, knock out punch will come in these law suits, I don’t remain optimistic.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jun 1 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 1 2007, 10:52 AM) [snapback]197779[/snapback]

Since you, at least appear, to use some reasoning here, I was surprised that you also left out several important options/scenerios.
In your humble opinion, could it be that 3abn had nothing to do with sealed or unsealed documents because they have left those decisions to the experts to do what they think is best. Since most people know nothing about legal strategy isn't that what they hire lawyers for? If that is the case then 3abn would be "informed" of what the attorney's had decided to do. They would not be making those decisions.
The other option for impoundment that you have overlooked is this. Maybe sealing the documents has nothing to do with any "damaging" information coming out. It could be, and I would guess probably so, that it is simply to keep the men involved from spinning their own opinions, allegations and stories to the public while litigation is going on. If this group of attorney's have done their homework, they have studied the site, studied the people involved and I would imagine, have come to several conclusions. I would guess They will go forward and make decisions based on those conclusions and the behaviour of those that are doing this. In my opinion to unleash litigation proceedings to people of Joy and Pickles caliber would be a catastrophic mess for all involved.

I would think that it would be 3ABN best interest to unseal the litigation and show the world without a doubt that G and J are the liars that 3ABN state they are.

(wish there was a tongue in cheek emoticon available)
Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Jun 1 2007, 05:48 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 1 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ May 31 2007, 10:43 PM) [snapback]197712[/snapback]

Perhaps they are letting their "lord" do just that.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 1 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Now, Rosy, I can see the Lawyers point in sealing the records, really. The thruth is that nothing happens that sometimes within the same day, it is posted on the internet somewhere. If they want to keep control of the information then they must seal the record and ti gag those involved,

Now, at some point, they may want to release that info, since it has been their claim that recisely this info will clear Danny, implicate Linda, and prove to al that Dannyw as telling the truth all alon
g.

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jun 1 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]197796[/snapback]

I would think that it would be 3ABN best interest to unseal the litigation and show the world without a doubt that G and J are the liars that 3ABN state they are.

Rosyroi

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 1 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(Artiste @ May 31 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]197668[/snapback]

And I still think that 3ABN will, sooner rather than later, lose enough donations to put them out of business.

Negative publicity coming from sources like Save3ABN.com and BlackSDA and also just people talking among themselves may easily bring about the above results without any further efforts needed.

Artiste, plus have you seen the one on rescue3abn.blog.com? Let us hope that it will be SOONER, for Danny to go rather then 3abn to go

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 1 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(mikell @ Jun 1 2007, 12:58 PM) [snapback]197803[/snapback]

Artiste, plus have you seen the one on rescue3abn.blog.com? Let us hope that it will be SOONER, for Danny to go rather then 3abn to go

Yes, I saw that other site, but after I had made the above comments. I got the impression that the "rescue3abn.blog.com" site was sincere in its intent.

And of course I do not wish to see the whole 3ABN structure go down!

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 1 2007, 11:03 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:34 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church