Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13709&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:34:07 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "the Evidence Will All Be Brought Out In A Court Of Law", Danny's strategy?
Lawsuit Secrecy Questions
How does the fact that the court documents are sealed affect your likelihood of promoting and/or supporting Danny Shelton and/or 3ABN?
I HAVE been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit makes me MORE inclined to do so now. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I HAVE been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit makes me LESS inclined to do so now. [ 21 ] ** [55.26%]
I HAVE been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit does NOT affect my doing so now. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I have NOT been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit makes me MORE inclined to start now. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I have NOT been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit makes me LESS inclined to start now. [ 15 ] ** [39.47%]
I have NOT been a promoter and/or supporter of 3ABN, and the secrecy surrounding the lawsuit does NOT affect my starting to do so now. [ 2 ] ** [5.26%]
Do you think having the lawsuit sealed was a wise move on Danny's part?
I think it was a wise move. [ 1 ] ** [2.63%]
I think it was a stupid move. [ 32 ] ** [84.21%]
I don't know. [ 5 ] ** [13.16%]
From a public relations perspective, how soon do you think the court documents should be unsealed?
They never should be unsealed. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Sealing them at all was a mistake. [ 7 ] ** [18.42%]
They should be unsealed as soon as possible. [ 12 ] ** [31.58%]
It's a PR disaster whether they're sealed forever, sealed a short time, or never sealed at all. [ 19 ] ** [50.00%]
I don't know. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 38
Guests cannot vote 
Observer
post Jun 2 2007, 05:23 AM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 1 2007, 10:52 AM) [snapback]197779[/snapback]

Since you, at least appear, to use some reasoning here, I was surprised that you also left out several important options/scenerios.
In your humble opinion, could it be that 3abn had nothing to do with sealed or unsealed documents because they have left those decisions to the experts to do what they think is best. Since most people know nothing about legal strategy isn't that what they hire lawyers for? If that is the case then 3abn would be "informed" of what the attorney's had decided to do. They would not be making those decisions.
The other option for impoundment that you have overlooked is this. Maybe sealing the documents has nothing to do with any "damaging" information coming out. It could be, and I would guess probably so, that it is simply to keep the men involved from spinning their own opinions, allegations and stories to the public while litigation is going on. If this group of attorney's have done their homework, they have studied the site, studied the people involved and I would imagine, have come to several conclusions. I would guess They will go forward and make decisions based on those conclusions and the behaviour of those that are doing this. In my opinion to unleash litigation proceedings to people of Joy and Pickles caliber would be a catastrophic mess for all involved.

Re: "In your humble opinion, could it be that 3abn had nothing to do with sealed or unsealed documents because they have left those decisions to the experts to do what they think is best. Since most people know nothing about legal strategy isn't that what they hire lawyers for? If that is the case then 3abn would be "informed" of what the attorney's had decided to do. They would not be making those decisions."

I expect that Steffan is quite right. I suspect that the decision was made by the lawyers invovled, and not by 3-ABN. After all, that is why people retain lawyers. To, be blunt, I do not expect that Danny Shelton is listed as co-council in the lawsuit. I do not know of any qualifications that he might have to act in such a role.

But, I will remind you that lawyers act as repreentatives in a court of law. That is to say that the lawyers who filed the lawsuit are acting as representatives of 3-ABN. They are NOT acting in their own behalf. That is a principle well established in case law. It is probably one of the best established principles that exists in our legal system. The courts have many times ruled that the clients were responsible for the consiquences of the actions of their lawyers. Are there exceptiosn to this general principle? Yes, there are. But, they are few and far between.

Re: "The other option for impoundment that you have overlooked is this. Maybe sealing the documents has nothing to do with any "damaging" information coming out. It could be, and I would guess probably so, that it is simply to keep the men involved from spinning their own opinions, allegations and stories to the public while litigation is going on. . . . In my opinion to unleash litigation proceedings to people of Joy and Pickles caliber would be a catastrophic mess for all involved."

You have certainly raised some interesting questions or issues!

So, you suggest that it might be a catastrophic mess for the public to know what is going on in the trial! Astounding!

By the way, you seeming have not considered the body of U.S. law (bose case and statute) that tells us that civil litigation is public. Yes, there are clearly defined exceptions. As you likely know, the court has not ruled that any of these exceptions apply. So, it remains to be seen if this impoundment will remain in effect.

Yes, it may be that you are correct that the lawyers involved wanted to attempt to keep Joy and Pickle from spinning thier own opinions. But, if so, that again is an astounding admission. Under the so-called "freedom of the press" provisions of the Bill of Rights, that is exactly what is a fundamental right given to us in our Constitution. It is a right likely possessed by Mr. Joy, even if not Pickle. [NOTE: I am not stating whether Pickle has that right. I am simply stating that Joy has it.]

I will suggest that unless there are exceptions that I am not aware of, the documents will be unsealed on the basis of the freedom of the press. I say this becaue I believe that Mr. Joy will be able to establish that he is an investagative reporter.

I will point out to you that the primary role of litigation lawyers is not to manage public opinon, in a court of law. That is the role of PR firms. It is a role that they do in the media. You appear to not understand the role of litgatiors.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jun 2 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #32

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Pickle @ May 31 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]197644[/snapback]

The following dawned on me:
  • Danny has repeatedly spurned all requests for the release of evidence that allegedly vindicates himself, saying that it would all be brought out in a court of law.
  • We saw very clearly that whatever evidence was going to be brought out in the ASI hearings was never going to see the light of day. It would be sealed forever.
  • Could it be that Danny's repeated promise that it would all be brought out in a court of law was but a ruse, and that he always intended to impose the same kind of eternal secrecy he intended the ASI hearings to have?
I know, I know. Eternal is absolutely positively the wrong word.

"Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known" (Mt. 10:26).

"For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known" (Lk. 12:2).

For very small values of ALL... IMO

QUOTE(Observer @ May 31 2007, 07:24 PM) [snapback]197657[/snapback]

Was it a wise move to seal the documents, or was it not?

The answer to that depends upon what is in the docuemnts. It just could be that it was a wise move to protect 3-ABN from the damage that they woul follow if the public knew what was in them.

As I do not know what is in them I cannot say. But, I assume that 3-ABN was protecting its interests, and that it assumes that the damage from impounding them will be less than the damage that would follow if the public knew.

That is only an assuption of mine basd in part upon my view that 3-ABN is recieving excelleant legal advice, and that the people who know what is in those documents believe it best to keep that information from the public.

"Wise" no. Cowardly, yes... I don't see where he really cares about "damage to 3abn".BTJM dunno.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jun 2 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

There is another site to check out......rescue3abn site is mentioned in another thread.

Just thought of something. scratchchin.gif With the court documents sealed...it looks like DS is trying to put a muzzle on the facts......Pickle and Joy since they are the ones who are being sued to begin with. It is obvious or we can assume that DS and whomever do not want all the viewers and supporters to really know what is going on....we are ignorant as to what the lawsuit is about, when the hearings will be, what is being said by DS. Darkness seems critical to DS.

This is my thought...............How about some of us downloading all the info on the save3abn website before the site is gone...(if that happens). We can be prepared. Then we who are convicted to climb out on that limb and join the front line men could create many websites to continue the battle to save 3abn. We could be in the hundreds and they cannot sue everyone! If they hush one then another can pick up the torch and go forward to save the ministry.

What about the brothers and sisters out of the country? They could never be sued even if their identity is known. How about it?? Spread the word on the net or by e-mail and gather the army. Call sin by its right name and stand together.

I heard the blogs are not traceable like the web site is. uhm.gif

+Quote Post
inga
post Jun 3 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jun 2 2007, 11:59 AM) [snapback]197944[/snapback]

How about some of us downloading all the info on the save3abn website before the site is gone...(if that happens). We can be prepared. Then we who are convicted to climb out on that limb and join the front line men could create many websites to continue the battle to save 3abn. We could be in the hundreds and they cannot sue everyone! If they hush one then another can pick up the torch and go forward to save the ministry.

What about the brothers and sisters out of the country? They could never be sued even if their identity is known. How about it?? Spread the word on the net or by e-mail and gather the army. Call sin by its right name and stand together.

A beekeeper recommended HTTRACK to me for downloading his web site, because he planned to take it down. I used it for that and a number of times since. It works quite well. It's a free program and here's where you get it:
http://www.httrack.com/ You can also get it from http://www.download.com/3000-2377-10039773.html where you can see the rating, in case you're interested.

This post has been edited by inga: Jun 3 2007, 02:13 PM

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 3 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jun 2 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]197944[/snapback]

There is another site to check out......rescue3abn site is mentioned in another thread.

even if the websites are traceable, what would they do about hundreds of them? i'd just say i have a very smart german shepherd. (dat's private joke fur me frend) rofl1.gif
hehe

This post has been edited by mozart: Jun 3 2007, 01:46 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jun 3 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

This possibility may have been mentioned in the past, but if the lawsuit is only about copyright infringment, and Danny wins, he will likely try to make it appear to the viewers that the court has ruled in his favor and it proves that all the stories are lies.

I wonder if there is a possibility that someone could come on this forum and make some very serious accusations against Danny and/or others at 3abn that are not true, with the intention of getting folks here to accept it as true and run with it, and possibly setting up a situation where Calvin could be sued. I was thinking of such stories as violence, or threats of harming people for revealing what they know.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 3 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

oh i think he'd be treading on some really, i mean really dangerous ground if he tried that. we are mighty warriors. boxing.gif 2guns.gif boxing.gif rofl1.gif

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jun 3 2007, 03:14 PM) [snapback]198125[/snapback]

This possibility may have been mentioned in the past, but if the lawsuit is only about copyright infringment, and Danny wins, he will likely try to make it appear to the viewers that the court has ruled in his favor and it proves that all the stories are lies.

I wonder if there is a possibility that someone could come on this forum and make some very serious accusations against Danny and/or others at 3abn that are not true, with the intention of getting folks here to accept it as true and run with it, and possibly setting up a situation where Calvin could be sued. I was thinking of such stories as violence, or threats of harming people for revealing what they know.

This post has been edited by mozart: Jun 3 2007, 07:22 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 3 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jun 3 2007, 01:14 PM) [snapback]198125[/snapback]

You make an important point, Skyhook. I'm sure that many of us already look for verification before we run with any info, contrary to what some of those from the "other side" might charge. I think we all certainly need to keep this in mind as we are weighing information.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jun 4 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(inga @ Jun 3 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]198109[/snapback]

A beekeeper recommended HTTRACK to me for downloading his web site, because he planned to take it down. I used it for that and a number of times since. It works quite well. It's a free program and here's where you get it:
http://www.httrack.com/ You can also get it from http://www.download.com/3000-2377-10039773.html where you can see the rating, in case you're interested.

Thank you! Very good program. Works nicely.

Maybe we shouldn't even wait to see what happens with the lawsuit. Websites and blogs seem to really get under Danny's skin, so.......

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:34 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church