Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14661&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:10:16 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Countdown....will Pickle And Joy Do The Right Thing..., now that we know they did not have permission....
Clay
post Aug 5 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #1

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Okay... so I am gonna start this thread... and see how long it takes save3abn to remove the letter that they did not have permission to post in the first place.....

As I said in another thread, seems like there is a hidden agenda on the part of the Pickle/Joy team that they have to flirt with unethical behavior to make their case.....

So, anyone want to guess how long it will be, or will we hear more rationalization.... I just checked the website and it's still up....

So what do you all think?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 5 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,902

You mean that Mr Pickle and Mr Joy have joined Mr Shelton in fighting this dirty?
If that is true, it would indeed cast some doubt on the integrity of their case, would it not?

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 5 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 5 2007, 06:57 PM) *
Okay... so I am gonna start this thread... and see how long it takes save3abn to remove the letter that they did not have permission to post in the first place.....

As I said in another thread, seems like there is a hidden agenda on the part of the Pickle/Joy team that they have to flirt with unethical behavior to make their case.....

So, anyone want to guess how long it will be, or will we hear more rationalization.... I just checked the website and it's still up....

So what do you all think?

That since you make this proposal you must give a very good reason for terming this a "flirt with unethical behavior."

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 5 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 5 2007, 12:51 PM) *
That since you make this proposal you must give a very good reason for terming this a "flirt with unethical behavior."

posting a letter that they had in their possession and not getting permission to post that letter.... that's unethical....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 5 2007, 12:09 PM
Post #5

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 5 2007, 07:53 PM) *
posting a letter that they had in their possession and not getting permission to post that letter.... that's unethical....

You keep yourself above reproach. Then, also, by this rule, if I should get hold of a secret document revealing that someone is out to get your home and business, thereby depriving your family and children of all you have,turning you to utter poverty, it would be unethical of me to reveal the secret to all of those who could save you and prevent the terrible crime, because the document is secret?

If I'd save your life and reputation, you'd turn around and call me sleazy. If I knew you would act like that, my Christian duty would still be to save you, wouldn't it?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 5 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Johann, does the end sanctify the means?

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 5 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #7

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 5 2007, 01:09 PM) *
You keep yourself above reproach. Then, also, by this rule, if I should get hold of a secret document revealing that someone is out to get your home and business, thereby depriving your family and children of all you have,turning you to utter poverty, it would be unethical of me to reveal the secret to all of those who could save you and prevent the terrible crime, because the document is secret?

If I'd save your life and reputation, you'd turn around and call me sleazy. If I knew you would act like that, my Christian duty would still be to save you, wouldn't it?

you cannot rationalize what save3abn has done with regard to this letter.... you can dress it up, or use a situational ethics analogy, but it will not work.... the fact remains. The person who wrote the letter asked that it not be published unless certain conditions were met. IF there was ANY question, the ETHICAL thing for Pickle/Joy to do was to contact the person state that in their opinion the conditions had been met so can they now make the letter public... they DID NOT do it, and all your rationalization does not make it right.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 5 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #8

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(västergötland @ Aug 5 2007, 08:16 PM) *
Johann, does the end sanctify the means?

Does you question apply in this case? How? Why?

If I came up behind you in a boat where you were taking you last breath swimming far from land in the ocean, should I not rescue you if I do not manage to get the boat owner's permission to do that, because he told me, Don't let anyone else into the boat?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 5 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #9

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 5 2007, 01:24 PM) *

If I came up behind you in a boat where you were taking you last breath swimming far from land in the ocean, should I not rescue you if I do not manage to get the boat owner's permission to do that, because he told me, Don't let anyone else into the boat?

again.... not even applicable.... the analogy does not remotely address what happened in this case.... you are rationalizing inappropriate behavior....

FWIW, just checked save3abn, and the letter is still on there to be viewed by all....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Gailon says that that story isn't coming off the site.

Clay, will BSDA be removing Alyssa's letter, since neither BSDA nor the poster obtained her permission to post it?

I fail to understand how posting one letter without permission is fine and another one is not.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 5 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 5 2007, 08:18 PM) *
you cannot rationalize what save3abn has done with regard to this letter.... you can dress it up, or use a situational ethics analogy, but it will not work.... the fact remains. The person who wrote the letter asked that it not be published unless certain conditions were met. IF there was ANY question, the ETHICAL thing for Pickle/Joy to do was to contact the person state that in their opinion the conditions had been met so can they now make the letter public... they DID NOT do it, and all your rationalization does not make it right.....

If I were you, Clay, I´d have to say just what you are saying because of your position on BSDA.

About a year ago a letter came into your possession which was not to be posted, but you still posted it against the wishes of the writer. You rationalized that it was all right for you to do that because of the situation. . . By now you have grown in fear and wisdom. . .

I have had those letters for a long time, and I did not post them, partly for the reasons you give above. I knew that Nick Miller could not give his permission because he is a lawyer, and in his situation he has to protest and demand they be deleted.

I also have records of some verbal communication that would give a better understanding, but I will refrain

--------------------

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 5 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 5 2007, 07:24 PM) *

Hmm, what in your analogy is the boat? Who is rowing the boat? Who is swimming at his last breath? And who is the owner of the boat?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 5 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #13

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 5 2007, 11:42 AM) *
If I were you, Clay, I´d have to say just what you are saying because of your position on BSDA.

About a year ago a letter came into your possession which was not to be posted, but you still posted it against the wishes of the writer. You rationalized that it was all right for you to do that because of the situation. . . By now you have grown in fear and wisdom. . .

I have had those letters for a long time, and I did not post them, partly for the reasons you give above. I knew that Nick Miller could not give his permission because he is a lawyer, and in his situation he has to protest and demand they be deleted.

I also have records of some verbal communication that would give a better understanding, but I will refrain

I understand what you are saying Johann. This has been (I feel) over simplified and jumped on very quickly, assuming the very worst (naturally).

Like I said in another thread regarding this....there is more to the how, why and when things are done then it may appear. It is not as literal as it looks.

I wish all would take a deep breath.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 5 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #14

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 5 2007, 01:42 PM) *

still apples and oranges.... Calvin opted to post the letter after it had become public in other places.... and even if BSDA chose to do that, it does not excuse what Pickle and Joy did.... they had contact with the person, and they opted to post rather than check and then rationalize what they did... with your support....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 5 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #15

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 5 2007, 08:56 PM) *
still apples and oranges.... Calvin opted to post the letter after it had become public in other places.... and even if BSDA chose to do that, it does not excuse what Pickle and Joy did.... they had contact with the person, and they opted to post rather than check and then rationalize what they did... with your support....

That letter had not become public. . . It was unethical by your standards. Sleazy.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:10 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church