Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14661&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:12:16 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Countdown....will Pickle And Joy Do The Right Thing..., now that we know they did not have permission....
SoulEspresso
post Aug 21 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #151

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Brick Step @ Aug 21 2007, 07:53 PM) *
SoulEspresso
Tap on the wrist received. (I’m not proud to confess my lack of computer skills, but fact is I’m not sure yet how either to “google” or to “PM.” Further confession: I was trying to edit my post # 138, but clicked one or two things I should not have clicked, and lo behold, post #138 stays, post #139 appears, and the Edit button disappears. That’s the only reason for my sort of double post there. But, I shall learn! I shall learn! cool.gif )

It's all good. Go to www.google.com and type the phrase in question, then hit "google search." PM is "Personal Message" which is an option you get when clicking on our "names" to the left on these boards.

“Midnight is where the day begins.” Peace, and definitely no offence meant, but yes, I have questioned the wisdom of posting such a statement on this site. Whatever the quote may mean to you, whatever the message you might be wishing to convey, however good that message might be, however applicable to one limited set of circumstances, chances are many others who visit this site and maybe are not so closely focused on working through its particular lines of argument, are suffering another kind of abuse, this because of their conscientious desire to keep holy the Bible’s sunset-to-sunset, seventh-day Sabbath, in obedience to the fourth commandment of the Decalogue. In such circumstances, the “Midnight is where the day begins” statement, standing alone with no further explanation, seems to show lack of thought and care for their plight.

For practical purposes, and for most of the week, of course, we are happy to fit in with the day as observed by most of the world, the day that begins and ends at midnight. But in their earnest desire to honour their Creator-God by keeping holy the seventh, sunset-to-sunset day, thousands around the world have lost employment, friends, their freedom and even their lives. Bible prophecy indicates that shortly before Jesus comes, this scenario will worsen. SE, I was just not comfortable with the “Midnight is where the day begins” quote at this time sitting there alone with no further explanation.

I suspected this is where you were coming from, and perhaps I should have been more sensitive. Would an attribution help? I'd hope that no one would look to Irish rock bands for doctrinal instruction ...

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Aug 21 2007, 08:59 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 21 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #152

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 21 2007, 07:57 PM) *
It's all good. Go to www.google.com and type the phrase in question, then hit "google search." PM is "Personal Message" which is an option you get when clicking on our "names" to the left on these boards.
I suspected this is where you were coming from, and perhaps I should have been more sensitive. Would an attribution help? I'd hope that no one would look to Irish rock bands for doctrinal instruction ...

There are appropriate places to find doctrinal instruction, but we can also find inspiration in an amazing variety of places in this world, even in Irish rock bands.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Aug 22 2007, 12:04 AM
Post #153

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

[quote name='SoulEspresso' date='Aug 21 2007, 08:57 PM' post='211161']

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently I do know how to "google." But I didn't know about the "PM." Thanks for the explanation!

smile.gif

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 22 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #154

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Aug 22 2007, 03:42 AM) *
Just a little reminder...gaurd closely both edges of the Sabbath. I didn't when I was younger. Too often we carried Saturday evening worship on into Sunday (after sundown on Sabbath), and now I realize that worshipping on into Sunday, albeit only a few minutes, I was honoring the mark of the beast.

Be ready to work, play, or otherwise immediately after sundown on Saturday, right to the very second if possible, to clearly show your secular intentions for the new week!

(a little tongue in cheek, but not a whole lot!)
blink.gif doh.gif

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 22 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #155

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Aug 21 2007, 08:42 PM) *
Just a little reminder...gaurd closely both edges of the Sabbath. I didn't when I was younger. Too often we carried Saturday evening worship on into Sunday (after sundown on Sabbath), and now I realize that worshipping on into Sunday, albeit only a few minutes, I was honoring the mark of the beast.

Be ready to work, play, or otherwise immediately after sundown on Saturday, right to the very second if possible, to clearly show your secular intentions for the new week!

(a little tongue in cheek, but not a whole lot!)

I remember having sundown prayer with one hand on the television knob ... blink.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 22 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #156

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 22 2007, 10:10 AM) *
I remember having sundown prayer with one hand on the television knob ... blink.gif

But now the marquee college football game comes on at 8 pm... The Lord works in mysterious ways, doesn't he... rofl1.gif

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Aug 22 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #157

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 22 2007, 10:10 AM) *

Oo-oo-oo, now that is REAL spiritual committment!! notworthy.gif

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:12 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church