Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14661&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:12:24 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Countdown....will Pickle And Joy Do The Right Thing..., now that we know they did not have permission....
lowender
post Aug 7 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,696

How could anyone even dare question Prophet Danny Shelton? He is so far above us. Just think of the many souls he has saved. He knows better than any of us. He knows better FOR us...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 7 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #77

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Somebody steps away for jes a minute and a bunch o' stuff draps off....

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 7 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #78

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 6 2007, 10:32 PM) *
In reply to FHB's questions, I say to all:

The email of Nick Miller consisted of two paragraphs. WordPerfect provides the following statistics:
Paragraph 1: 4 sentences, 95 words, 481 characters.

Paragraph 2: 18 sentences, 528 words, 2440 characters.
According to the lead-in of the second paragrpah, paragraph 1 must be about a totally different subject.

FHB, you can probably request a copy of the letter from Danny or his attorneys, since it is a part of discovery materials. That way you can read it in its entirety.

It appears to me that, since the letter is part of the discovery materials, there is no reason to take it down from the web site, since it is already a matter of public record, even if it is not yet available to the general public.

Posting it on the Save3ABN site is just part of the general policy of transparency followed by Joy & Pickle, as contrasted with the general policy of obfuscation followed by the Shelton team.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 7 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #79

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

If they're going to be truly transparent, they'd have to post his request that it come down. Right? dunno.gif Just asking.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 7 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 7 2007, 08:01 PM) *
If they're going to be truly transparent, they'd have to post his request that it come down. Right? dunno.gif Just asking.

Not really.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 7 2007, 09:06 PM

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 7 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 7 2007, 10:01 PM) *

Not sure that's relevant to the issue of the management of 3ABN. (If the site were about Nick Miller, yes, they should post his request that the letter come down.)

+Quote Post
appletree
post Aug 7 2007, 11:03 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 7 2007, 09:51 PM) *
It appears to me that, since the letter is part of the discovery materials, there is no reason to take it down from the web site, since it is already a matter of public record, even if it is not yet available to the general public.

Posting it on the Save3ABN site is just part of the general policy of transparency followed by Joy & Pickle, as contrasted with the general policy of obfuscation followed by the Shelton team.

I think we may be muddying the waters here. The only important fact here that I can see, is that Joy & Pickle betrayed the trust of Mr. Miller and made public a document that they know could cause him to lose his license to practice. This particular situation became public. In how many other situations have they used this same tactic that we have not been made aware of? Maybe these gentlemen started with good intentions but IMO, became carried away, long ago to the point of deceit, sensationalism and an "anything goes" mentality to obtain what they're after. I am sorry if this offends anyone but I could never put my trust in these men.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 7 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 7 2007, 10:03 PM) *
I think we may be muddying the waters here. The only important fact here that I can see, is that Joy & Pickle betrayed the trust of Mr. Miller and made public a document that they know could cause him to lose his license to practice. This particular situation became public. In how many other situations have they used this same tactic that we have not been made aware of? Maybe these gentlemen started with good intentions but IMO, became carried away, long ago to the point of deceit, sensationalism and an "anything goes" mentality to obtain what they're after. I am sorry if this offends anyone but I could never put my trust in these men.

Appletree, you also said in your other post that Danny Shelton may decide to be president of 3ABN forever--he is praying about it.

Danny's prayer's ... or Pickle and Joy's research and hard work? I'll take the latter.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 7 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 7 2007, 11:03 PM) *
I think we may be muddying the waters here. The only important fact here that I can see, is that Joy & Pickle betrayed the trust of Mr. Miller and made public a document that they know could cause him to lose his license to practice.

Nope. Not true. no.gif We already knew something like this had happened to him, we just didn't know his side. He's a smart lawyer, he'd never have written something that could jeopardize his license. The only thing that was jeopardized was his "gentlemen's agreement" with 3ABN after Danny ran him off, and I agree it's too bad it's still available.

This particular situation became public. In how many other situations have they used this same tactic that we have not been made aware of? Maybe these gentlemen started with good intentions but IMO, became carried away, long ago to the point of deceit, sensationalism and an "anything goes" mentality to obtain what they're after. I am sorry if this offends anyone but I could never put my trust in these men.

Nobody's offended, but just because the guys make a mistake doesn't mean they're completely untrustworthy. huh.gif Of course, I wouldn't send them anything I wouldn't want posted on the Internet, but then I wouldn't send something like that to you. Or anyone on these boards. Or members of my own family. Are they over the top sometimes? Yes. I don't agree with everything they do, but I trust their ultimate motives.

Anyway, the e-mail was a matter of public record. That doesn't mean it should be on save3abn.com anymore than ... other things should be on the Internet. But they are. I believe there's some reasoning behind the posting of Miller's letter that hasn't been revealed yet, and while I think they should take it off their site for the sake of goodwill and avoiding bad appearances, I think we'll eventually see another POV on this.

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 7 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #85

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 7 2007, 11:08 PM) *
Appletree, you also said in your other post that Danny Shelton may decide to be president of 3ABN forever--he is praying about it.

Danny's prayer's ... or Pickle and Joy's research and hard work? I'll take the latter.

Well, considering that EGW sez, those who file lawsuits against other believers in court are ignored by God ... 3SM starting with 299 ... here's a bit ...

These men cast aside the counsel God has given, and do the very things He has bidden them not to do. They show that they have chosen the world as their judge, and in heaven their names are registered as one with unbelievers. Christ is crucified afresh, and put to open shame. Let these men know that God does not hear their prayers. They insult His holy name, and He will leave them to the buffetings of Satan until they shall see their folly and seek the Lord by confession of their sin.

appletree, since you're aware of what's going on inside 3ABN, perhaps you could encourage them to end their lawsuit against Pickle & Joy? Even if Danny's done nothing else wrong, suing them is.

Even if you disagree that it's wrong, surely the lawsuit didn't improve 3ABN's standing with church members.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Aug 7 2007, 11:25 PM

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 7 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 7 2007, 10:15 PM) *
Nope. Not true. no.gif We already knew something like this had happened to him, we just didn't know his side. He's a smart lawyer, he'd never have written something that could jeopardize his license. The only thing that was jeopardized was his "gentlemen's agreement" with 3ABN after Danny ran him off, and I agree it's too bad it's still available.

Nobody's offended, but just because the guys make a mistake doesn't mean they're completely untrustworthy. huh.gif Of course, I wouldn't send them anything I wouldn't want posted on the Internet, but then I wouldn't send something like that to you. Or anyone on these boards. Or members of my own family. Are they over the top sometimes? Yes. I don't agree with everything they do, but I trust their ultimate motives.

Anyway, the e-mail was a matter of public record. That doesn't mean it should be on save3abn.com anymore than ... other things should be on the Internet. But they are. I believe there's some reasoning behind the posting of Miller's letter that hasn't been revealed yet, and while I think they should take it off their site for the sake of goodwill and avoiding bad appearances, I think we'll eventually see another POV on this.

Very well said, SoulEspresso!

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Aug 7 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #87

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

snack.gif
Somebody steps away for jes a minute and a bunch o' stuff draps off....

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 8 2007, 05:18 AM
Post #88

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

well I guess its safe to say by now that the email in question is not going to be taken off save3abn.... didn't think it was... however I do know that whenever this incident comes up there will be those who rationalize why it was done.... interesting tactics... interesting tactics indeed....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 8 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #89

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Aug 8 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 8 2007, 12:03 AM) *

I fail to see anything anywhere that indicates that Mr. Miller ever did anything that "could cause him to lose his license to practice". Not by a long shot.

And according to the reasoning of FallibleHumanBeing, it is precisely this type of comment that can lead to unfounded internet gossip...

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 6 2007, 05:38 PM) *
It is just this type of comment made here that, like PB's haybaling story in another thread as metaphor, that blow up into pseudo-fact...

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Aug 8 2007, 01:52 PM

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:12 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church