Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14799&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:14:48 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Greetings From Dunn Loring Virginia
Nandina
post Aug 13 2007, 10:55 AM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,282

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 13 2007, 01:27 AM) *
Otherwise how can you or this poster know anything of what has been done or not done where his family is concerned, or where God is concerned. This person claims to know it all and yet, 2 of the board members at Dun Loring said they have yet to know any names of these supposed victims. This is why the meetings there have brought no answers, and no results after convening time and again. They keep hearing of accusations but after all this time no one has stepped forward to share any specifics at these board meetings. The end result is a meeting where the conversation runs aimlessly and nothing gets accomplished. Of course Glen Dryden chairs these meetings.
The above poster says Tommy should go there and explain, apologize and so on, yet none of Tommy's family have been apprised of who these people are and what they profess happened. How can anyone defend themselves against the unknown. Before this last heart emergency Tommy's family had kept in contact with 2 dunloring board members and repeatedly ask what he was being accused of. They don't have answers to this day.

Dear Appletree,
Please forgive me if I came across as claiming to "know it all". Clearly you are more in the know than I am, having either sat in on the meetings in Dunn Loring, or being in close contact with one who as.
I was sorry to hear of Tommy's recent health crisis - I knew about it at the time, but did not think it germaine to all this. Tommy's stress is not a result of the internet postings. His stress results from living a double life and always having to look over his shoulder. If indeed that stress has caused his high blood pressure, than the cure is to come clean. I cannot vouch for his having addressed all of his victims; he assuredly did not address our congregation.

With regard to punishment, I believe that is a legal matter. No amount of punishment for Tommy will restore what the victims lost, so I truly don't know what is appropriate.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 13 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Nandina @ Aug 13 2007, 12:55 PM) *
Dear Appletree,
Please forgive me if I came across as claiming to "know it all". Clearly you are more in the know than I am, having either sat in on the meetings in Dunn Loring, or being in close contact with one who as.
I was sorry to hear of Tommy's recent health crisis - I knew about it at the time, but did not think it germaine to all this. Tommy's stress is not a result of the internet postings. His stress results from living a double life and always having to look over his shoulder. If indeed that stress has caused his high blood pressure, than the cure is to come clean. I cannot vouch for his having addressed all of his victims; he assuredly did not address our congregation.

With regard to punishment, I believe that is a legal matter. No amount of punishment for Tommy will restore what the victims lost, so I truly don't know what is appropriate.

Don't let him bully you. He doesn't know you from a can of semi-gloss latex and he is not in a position to tell you what you have experienced is bunk. He is trying to run you off through strong language and hearsay; if he had actual facts that he knew first hand, based on what he said or saw or heard directly, and not what someone told him someone else said, he'd have put it out there. Because he lacks such, his only tool is attempting to discredit you.

All sizzle and no steak, he is... so don't you fret and don't let him make you think he knows more about what's in your head and in your heart than you do...because he doesn't, his bluff and bluster notwithstanding.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Aug 13 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

double post - my fault...sorry...

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Aug 13 2007, 11:52 AM

+Quote Post
roxe
post Aug 13 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 12 2007, 11:27 PM) *
<snip>
He has been humiliated in front of the whole world.
<snip>

hmmm... what about Linda being humiliated in front of the whole world??
yet... I don't see her suffering any health problems from it...

a clear conscience DOES make a BIG difference.

jmho

+Quote Post
roxe
post Aug 13 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Nandina, welcome to BSDA! I really enjoy reading your well-thought-out posts. I'm glad you're here!

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Aug 13 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(roxe @ Aug 13 2007, 11:13 AM) *
hmmm... what about Linda being humiliated in front of the whole world??
yet... I don't see her suffering any health problems from it...

a clear conscience DOES make a BIG difference.

jmho

Praying for Tommy's full recovery.

------edited for content--------
Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Aug 13 2007, 01:02 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Chez
post Aug 13 2007, 02:01 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 13 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Since Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy claim to "be in the know" about everything, I am shocked that there has not been one mention of Tommy's emergency heart surgery 2 weeks ago. After a stay and discharge in his small local hospital he was taken back a few days later and eventually taken by ambulance to a larger hospital where he underwent a heart cath that resulted in 2 more stints being inserted in his heart. That is a total of 4 with one massive heart attack and 2 emergency procedures to stop a heart attack. Most that know the inside situation feel certain he only survived this last procedure because of prayer intervention by many. Several of his family did not expect to see him come out of the procedure alive. All of this is a result of uncontrollable blood pressure due to the extreme stress these internet sites have caused. He his wife and children live with the internet accusations & repurcussions everyday. Ex 3abn you were replying to the post above yours where someone stated they just wanted to see him apologize to people to his family and so on. I believe you said you received one personally and in an email that addressed some particular accusations. Otherwise how can you or this poster know anything of what has been done or not done where his family is concerned, or where God is concerned. This person claims to know it all and yet, 2 of the board members at Dun Loring said they have yet to know any names of these supposed victims. This is why the meetings there have brought no answers, and no results after convening time and again. They keep hearing of accusations but after all this time no one has stepped forward to share any specifics at these board meetings. The end result is a meeting where the conversation runs aimlessly and nothing gets accomplished. Of course Glen Dryden chairs these meetings.
The above poster says Tommy should go there and explain, apologize and so on, yet none of Tommy's family have been apprised of who these people are and what they profess happened. How can anyone defend themselves against the unknown. Before this last heart emergency Tommy's family had kept in contact with 2 dunloring board members and repeatedly ask what he was being accused of. They don't have answers to this day.
For those that believe he is guilty and should be punished for every accusation made against him, you should all be happy that justice has been done for what you "believe" him to be guilty of. His life is in ruins. He has been humiliated in front of the whole world. He will probably never again perform musically because of this and worst of all ,his health is to a point that his very life is at risk on a daily basis. I am told that when he was brought into the emergency room that his blood pressure was 260/160. Anyone that knows anything about health knows a person cannot live with that kind of continual stress to the heart. He is now, a physically sick and broken man . For those of you who believe everything you have read, is this not punishment enough? Or, should Pickle, Joy and all the rest keep pushing until he's dead? Then the question would remain, would even death be enough to satisfy some?

What about all of the boys who he (Tommy Shelton) molested? They have to live with this for the rest of their lives. In most cases, this was probably their first sexual experience, which was tainted and clearly not in accordance with God. In addition, this person was supposed to be a man of God. The question is: What about all of the boys who Tommy Shelton molested? What about them?

Chez

+Quote Post
roxe
post Aug 13 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Aug 13 2007, 12:31 PM) *
Praying for Tommy's full recovery.

------edited for content--------
Rosyroi

me too... spiritual as well as physical, moral, financial, etc...

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Aug 13 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 13 2007, 03:27 PM) *
Since Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy claim to "be in the know" about everything, I am shocked that there has not been one mention of Tommy's emergency heart surgery 2 weeks ago. After a stay and discharge in his small local hospital he was taken back a few days later and eventually taken by ambulance to a larger hospital where he underwent a heart cath that resulted in 2 more stints being inserted in his heart. That is a total of 4 with one massive heart attack and 2 emergency procedures to stop a heart attack. Most that know the inside situation feel certain he only survived this last procedure because of prayer intervention by many. Several of his family did not expect to see him come out of the procedure alive.

Sounds melodramatic, if one takes it at face value! notworking.gif Just wondering about the accuracy of the story though. Appletree refers to Tommy having a 'stint'! We hadn't heard that tit-bit of news! Maybe, you meant 'stent'? unsure.gif If so, that is now quite an ordinary procedure for people who have cardiac abnormalities. Mostly done under a local anaesthetic, I understand. crybaby.gif

All of this is a result of uncontrollable blood pressure due to the extreme stress these internet sites have caused. I am told that when he was brought into the emergency room that his blood pressure was 260/160. Anyone that knows anything about health knows a person cannot live with that kind of continual stress to the heart.

Has anyone told him that confession is good for the soul (heart), and would probably lower his blood pressure significantly, once he's faced up to the wrongs, taken responsibility for his actions and made restitution to those whose lives he has destroyed? yes.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
mikell
post Aug 13 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

appletree, out there? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Aug 13 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Since Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy claim to "be in the know" about everything, I am shocked that there has not been one mention of Tommy's emergency heart surgery 2 weeks ago. After a stay and discharge in his small local hospital he was taken back a few days later and eventually taken by ambulance to a larger hospital where he underwent a heart cath that resulted in 2 more stints being inserted in his heart. That is a total of 4 with one massive heart attack and 2 emergency procedures to stop a heart attack. Most that know the inside situation feel certain he only survived this last procedure because of prayer intervention by many. Several of his family did not expect to see him come out of the procedure alive. All of this is a result of uncontrollable blood pressure due to the extreme stress these internet sites have caused. He his wife and children live with the internet accusations & repurcussions everyday. Ex 3abn you were replying to the post above yours where someone stated they just wanted to see him apologize to people to his family and so on. I believe you said you received one personally and in an email that addressed some particular accusations. Otherwise how can you or this poster know anything of what has been done or not done where his family is concerned, or where God is concerned. This person claims to know it all and yet, 2 of the board members at Dun Loring said they have yet to know any names of these supposed victims. This is why the meetings there have brought no answers, and no results after convening time and again. They keep hearing of accusations but after all this time no one has stepped forward to share any specifics at these board meetings. The end result is a meeting where the conversation runs aimlessly and nothing gets accomplished. Of course Glen Dryden chairs these meetings.
For those that believe he is guilty and should be punished for every accusation made against him, you should all be happy that justice has been done for what you "believe" him to be guilty of. His life is in ruins. He has been humiliated in front of the whole world. He will probably never again perform musically because of this and worst of all ,his health is to a point that his very life is at risk on a daily basis. I am told that when he was brought into the emergency room that his blood pressure was 260/160. Anyone that knows anything about health knows a person cannot live with that kind of continual stress to the heart. He is now, a physically sick and broken man . For those of you who believe everything you have read, is this not punishment enough? Or, should Pickle, Joy and all the rest keep pushing until he's dead? Then the question would remain, would even death be enough to satisfy some?

Dearest Appletree,

You must be exhausted! Not only are you clearly "in the know" with regard to 3ABN board matters, but you obviously travel to one particular church in Dunn Loring, Virginia to take part in those board meetings as well! How do you do it??

Please do try to get some rest...especially if stress and high blood pressure run in the family...

~~Snoopy~~

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Aug 13 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mikell @ Aug 13 2007, 10:43 PM) *
appletree, out there? smile.gif

I'll bet he is on his way to Virginia for another board meeting...

+Quote Post
erik
post Aug 14 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 12 2007, 10:27 PM) *

Appletree,

First off let me add my prayers that his health is in full recovery, i certainly do not want Tommy to die over true or false statements made on the internet.

Now has to what he is being accused I believe Tommy's Family really wanted to know they could with great care read all about at the save 3abn site under his name. because there the charges are not hidden but clearly named with the full names of the victims. IF theya re all False then simple put out a statement sworn in front of a notoary that he never did the things those victims said he did, and then Sit back and watch the lord defend him, and protect him. no need for the stress to drive up his blood pressure to such levels.

IF the charges are false then at least clear your mind of the guilt confess, and repent and restore has much of the damage that has been done has possiable, and i believe that the 3abn network would love to help with that because there motto is healing broken people and tommy is breaking himself.

I certainly hope for tommy sake that he is able to do one of the two things above so tha the can find some peace and joy in days up on the earth,a nd that in the new earth he will be able to sing a solo for a million years if he wants to.

Wishing the best for Tommy shelton.

Erik

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Aug 14 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

I wondered how long it would be before you showed up.

Nandina, you should just ignore this person.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Aug 14 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

I am shocked that you are shocked that Pickle and Joy and everyone else have neglected to post about Tommy's ER visits and surgery. I for one cannot imagine how they or any of us have the ER or medical tracting devices to know this kind of information. Due to confidentiality no one could even call the surrounding hospitals and inquire of Tommy's admissions or ER visits even if they wanted to or thought it was on a need-to-know basis. It is called HIPPA rules.

Now for the part about wishing or praying for Tommy's demise. Please know that Pickle, Joy, Runner4Him and (I think I can speak for all the rest) the people here do not wish death to come to Tommy or any of the Shelton's. All that is prayed for is repentant hearts for all if sin lies at the door...to have that repentant heart will allow Tommy and all of us to fall on the Rock and be broken that we might see Jesus and only Him. That is our only hope for eternal life. Besides the repentant heart I believe in restitution and in public confession when our sin has been open for all to know and see. We can deny all we want to but God knows the heart and if we are guilty then for us and for the sake of those whom we have sinned against we need to make things right. If Tommy is guilty, how tragic to sin against those dear souls and then make others think the alleged victims are guilty or that they are liars. He knows...the alleged victims know...God knows. I would say push for truth regardless of Tommy's health not because it is a death wish but because he and they need for the truth to be told.

If my family member or friend were guilty of all that is being said out there I would be on my knees pleading to God for the Holy Spirit and that repentant heart. I would be encouraging the person to come forth and with Jesus help begin to clean up the dark corners of their life to allow Jesus to do a transformation and bring about a new beginning. Without that they and all of us are without hope.

I am sure we all here can imagine how terrible this must be for Tommy's family...what a burden to carry but we also can only imagine how terrible the years have been for the alleged victims. Corruption and immorality go forth and destroy more than the perpetrator and the victim's worlds...the destruction touches so many and continues for generations to come. The effects of internal toil are manifested in different ways and for some poor health and disease take their toll on the body as you have pointed out..... we see this in Tommy and many others. May God help him.

Just a little health note....they say that the body manufactures chemicals when we fill our minds with hatred, anger, resentment, negative emotions of any kind...then if you could withdraw these chemicals and inject them into another person, it could kill them. The body/health breaks down and much disease is caused simply by stress and negative emotions. Hating or thinking negatively towards someone is like swallowing poison and then hoping it would hurt the other person.

Think about it! I am sure there are Bible verses and SOP to validate what modern science is teaching us today.

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 12 2007, 11:27 PM) *

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:14 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church