Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14832&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:12:34 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are Bob Pickle And Gailon Joy Like The Two Spies, Caleb And Joshua?
PeacefulBe
post Aug 11 2007, 11:44 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

Anyone For An Ice Cream?

This post has been edited by PeacefulBe: Aug 11 2007, 11:48 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ian
post Aug 11 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 11 2007, 11:29 PM) *
OK. I am exposing my ignorance here. Ian, what does AFAIC mean?

It means "As Far as I'm concerned"

I'm sorry, I got used to using it in IMs, and just assumed others would know what I meant.
But, I myself had to ask what it meant when I first read it. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ian: Aug 11 2007, 11:49 PM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 11 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Ian @ Aug 11 2007, 10:46 PM) *
It means "As Far as I am concerned"

I'm sorry, I got used to using it in IMs, and assumed others would know what I meant.
But, I had to ask when I first read it too. smile.gif

LOL! Thanks. These webisms! No matter our positions on various matters, it seems that we all end up scratching our heads over some new series of webcentric digits.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 11 2007, 11:53 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 11 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Aug 11 2007, 10:46 PM) *
It means "As Far as I'm concerned"

I'm sorry, I got used to using it in IMs, and just assumed others would know what I meant.
But, I myself had to ask what it meant when I first read it. smile.gif

Beartrap Googled it before I saw his answer, so I changed my own just to be a bit silly. Older folks like me have a lot of new lingo to learn.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Aug 11 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

quote name='beartrap' date='Aug 12 2007, 01:29 AM' post='209666']
[/quote]
I have been asking the same question. A duck selling insurance keeps popping in my mind.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Whtz Happenin: Aug 11 2007, 11:55 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 11 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Aug 11 2007, 10:53 PM) *
quote name='beartrap' date='Aug 12 2007, 01:29 AM' post='209666']

I have been asking the same question. A duck selling insurance keeps popping in my mind.

Attached Image

Yep, my first thought as well.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Ian
post Aug 11 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Aug 11 2007, 10:50 PM) *
My word!! I personally find this post quite contentious on its own merit...BTJM......dunno.gif......

Of course you did! wallbash.gif

rofl1.gif

Didja hear the one about the froggie who hopped out of his pond and landed at the nearest bank?

ok.. since you insist...

A frog was outgrowing his lily pad and decided to make some home improvements. He didn't have the money, so he hopped to the nearest bank to borrow some.

At the bank, he takes a seat at the desk of the loan officer, a a frazzled blond named Patricia Wack and explains his dilemma.

"I want to upgrade my lily pad, maybe add another window, but I don't have the cash. Can you lend me the money?"

"Maybe. What can you offer as collateral?"

"Well," says the frog. "All I have is this paperweight. You shake it up, and it snows on the little swiss village. Cute, huh?"

"Hmm . . . I'll have to speak to my manager."

(She enters her manager's office.)

"Mr. Bitterby, I've got a frog at my desk who wants to borrow money for lily pad improvements. But all he can offer for collateral is this glass paperweight."

Mr. Bitterby takes the paperweight, hefts it in his hand, looks at her and says, ....

"It's a knick-knack, Patty Wack, give the frog a loan."

roflmao.gif

OoOoKay doh.gif
offtopic.gif Moving on...

This post has been edited by Ian: Aug 12 2007, 12:24 AM

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 12 2007, 12:48 AM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 12 2007, 04:23 AM) *
Ian,

There is a huge difference between comparing Bob and Gailon to those two faithful investigators of old, two ordinary guys who were willing to do God's will when Moses gave them their marching orders, as opposed to comparing another ordinary man like Danny Shelton with the likes of Moses or King David. Please tell me you see that difference. One comparison is reasonable, the other borders on out and out pretentiousness.
Are you saying that Moses and David where not two ordinary guys while Joshua and Caleb where? Are you not being a respector of persons in that oppinion?

(Joshua saw the parting of a flooding Jordan, the walls of Jericho fall and the earth standing still in midst of battle, and together with Caleb was the only Hebrews who both walked egyptian and Caanan soil...)

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
IMM
post Aug 12 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,938

QUOTE(Ian @ Aug 12 2007, 12:59 AM) *

rofl1.gif

Didja hear the one about the froggie who hopped out of his pond and landed at the nearest bank?

ok.. since you insist...

A frog was outgrowing his lily pad and decided to make some home improvements. He didn't have the money, so he hopped to the nearest bank to borrow some.

At the bank, he takes a seat at the desk of the loan officer, a a frazzled blond named Patricia Wack and explains his dilemma.

"I want to upgrade my lily pad, maybe add another window, but I don't have the cash. Can you lend me the money?"

"Well," says the frog. "All I have is this paperweight. You shake it up, and it snows on the little swiss village. Cute, huh?"

"Mr. Bitterby, I've got a frog at my desk who wants to borrow money for lily pad improvements. But all he can offer for collateral is this glass paperweight."

Mr. Bitterby takes the paperweight, hefts it in his hand, looks at her and says, ....

roflmao.gif

OoOoKay doh.gif

Please do.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 12 2007, 07:01 AM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(västergötland @ Aug 11 2007, 11:48 PM) *
Are you saying that Moses and David where not two ordinary guys while Joshua and Caleb where? Are you not being a respector of persons in that oppinion?

(Joshua saw the parting of a flooding Jordan, the walls of Jericho fall and the earth standing still in midst of battle, and together with Caleb was the only Hebrews who both walked egyptian and Caanan soil...)

In the interest of fair play, I would not quibble if comparisons were made to Moses and David during their early sheep-tending years.

Did Joshua and Caleb collect the fruit before or after all of the acheivements you mentioned above? I believe the comparison still holds water because the future is still to be determined for Bob and Gailon depending on their choices, their faith and, ultimately, who they follow.

Now, may I have a small piece of that blueberry pie?

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 12 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Ian @ Aug 11 2007, 10:23 PM) *
I watch 3ABN alot,.

Is it possible I see the issues as in situations and how Gods biblical principles and examples apply to myself first and then others, and you focus on the personal and compare people, and see how they apply to others first?

no.gif Forgive me, I'd assumed you'd read more widely here than you apparently have. I do have to apologize because these early posts of yours reflect the early posts of members who came on here and would defend Danny no matter what or how. Maybe you're not like that. Your early posts seem to head that direction. But you can change my mind at least.

Dannyfingers???

What is that supposed to mean or imply?

Does that also mean that any one who defends Linda or attacks 3Abn represents your thoughts, methods and tactics?

Let's be realistic and stop playing games , ok?

AFAIC You are just you, and I am just me.

Does that work for you too?

That's not me, and it's not how people on here are. There's an old saying on BSDA that predates my presence, "This ain't Sabbath School, we pay attention here." I've always suspected that since the malfeasance at 3ABN (apparently dunno.gif) is so widespread, it didn't develop in the last few years--IOW Linda had to be there for some questionable transactions. I was right, as it turns out, because she was in on that house sale that netted $100k in profits in a week, for example. And I haven't agreed with everything Gailon & Bob have done.

I do think they're doing the right thing overall.

For the record, I thought the knick-knack joke outstanding and shared it with Mrs. Espresso, who also appreciated it. thankyou.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 12 2007, 08:21 AM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 12 2007, 02:01 PM) *
In the interest of fair play, I would not quibble if comparisons were made to Moses and David during their early sheep-tending years.

Did Joshua and Caleb collect the fruit before or after all of the acheivements you mentioned above? I believe the comparison still holds water because the future is still to be determined for Bob and Gailon depending on their choices, their faith and, ultimately, who they follow.

Now, may I have a small piece of that blueberry pie?
Acctually, the point was that all of the above where ordinary guys, even though it is to be admitted that they came upon extraordinary circumstances.

How would you like your blueberry pie? Emailed or Faxed?

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 12 2007, 08:48 AM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(västergötland @ Aug 12 2007, 07:21 AM) *
Acctually, the point was that all of the above where ordinary guys, even though it is to be admitted that they came upon extraordinary circumstances.

How would you like your blueberry pie? Emailed or Faxed?

Point taken.

Email please. My fax machine is on the fritz.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 12 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Ian @ Aug 12 2007, 01:59 AM) *
rofl1.gif

ok.. since you insist...

roflmao.gif
OoOoKay doh.gif

Don't quit your day job.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Aug 12 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 11 2007, 10:44 PM) *
Anyone For An Ice Cream?

How about 2 scoops of Neopolitan ice cream with colorful sprinkles on top on a waffle cone?

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:12 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church