Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14832&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:12:36 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are Bob Pickle And Gailon Joy Like The Two Spies, Caleb And Joshua?
Johann
post Aug 15 2007, 12:41 AM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 12 2007, 07:51 AM) *
LOL! Thanks. These webisms! No matter our positions on various matters, it seems that we all end up scratching our heads over some new series of webcentric digits.

And I must admit that I never got it quite straight what LOL means. Was it Little Old Lizzard? Or Lots of Laughing?

This post has been edited by Johann: Aug 15 2007, 12:43 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Aug 15 2007, 02:49 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

Or Loon On Line?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 15 2007, 03:13 AM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 12 2007, 03:01 PM) *
In the interest of fair play, I would not quibble if comparisons were made to Moses and David during their early sheep-tending years.

Did Joshua and Caleb collect the fruit before or after all of the acheivements you mentioned above? I believe the comparison still holds water because the future is still to be determined for Bob and Gailon depending on their choices, their faith and, ultimately, who they follow.

Now, may I have a small piece of that blueberry pie?

Scripture tells us they all brought fruit back to the camp. Only for Joshua and Caleb the fruit was a token of faith and trust, and therefore Joshua qualified as a leader to take over after Moses.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 15 2007, 06:07 AM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 15 2007, 02:41 AM) *
And I must admit that I never got it quite straight what LOL means. Was it Little Old Lizzard? Or Lots of Laughing?

Laughing Out Loud. And if that isn't expressive enough for you there is ROFLOL (Rolling on the Floor, Laughing Out Loud). rofl1.gif lol.gif

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Aug 15 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

biggrin.gif I sure do like Johann smile.gif laugh.gif ...and I know he never knew wave.gif

One never knows what another doesn't know but one gets in the know when another tells us what we need to know but only when we reveal what we don't know.

All the electronic talking happenings these last 10 yrs or so has made short choppy words the trend in communicating. SMS and Chat room has gotten us used to a totally new language form. Yes, e-talk is a language within a language.
Blessed is he who knows e-talk vocabulary biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Aug 15 2007, 10:46 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 15 2007, 07:06 AM) *
biggrin.gif I sure do like Johann smile.gif laugh.gif ...and I know he never knew wave.gif

One never knows what another doesn't know but one gets in the know when another tells us what we need to know but only when we reveal what we don't know.

All the electronic talking happenings these last 10 yrs or so has made short choppy words the trend in communicating. SMS and Chat room has gotten us used to a totally new language form. Yes, e-talk is a language within a language.
Blessed is he who knows e-talk vocabulary biggrin.gif

on cyber talk or e-talk
Ok I will ask. What is SMS? I found out recently that POS is parent over shoulder.

dont' forget text messaging or txt mssg... still confused over that one.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Aug 16 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Aug 15 2007, 08:46 AM) *
on cyber talk or e-talk
Ok I will ask. What is SMS? I found out recently that POS is parent over shoulder.

dont' forget text messaging or txt mssg... still confused over that one.

Hi Rosyroi,

SMS is ShortMessageSending or something like that.
I got those three letters on the cellphone and had to ask around what it meant.

I wonder often how horribly hard it must be for many of the fast-paced young persons to settle down and appreciate reading Tolstoy and Charles Dickens when they live daily with a diet of acronyms of consonants for communicating ideas.

This post has been edited by Whitey: Aug 16 2007, 02:41 AM

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 16 2007, 02:47 AM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 16 2007, 09:39 AM) *
Hi Rosyroi,

I wonder often how horribly hard it must be for many of the fast-paced young persons to settle down and appreciate reading Tolstoy and Charles Dickens when they live daily with a diet of acronyms of consonants for communicating ideas.
Abreviated versions biggrin.gif

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Aug 16 2007, 02:51 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

QUOTE(västergötland @ Aug 16 2007, 02:47 AM) *

lets gbttt because this is completely ot iynwim smile.gif

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Aug 16 2007, 02:52 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE(västergötland @ Aug 16 2007, 12:47 AM) *

biggrin.gif okaynow... tell me whatcha thinkin about....

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Aug 16 2007, 02:59 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Mysterman "lets gbttt because this is completely ot iynwim" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

ahh now we're really getting off topic but this is fun nvthlss,

the rule for good code in the new kooky language is to have the first and last letter of each word stay true to form and just garble up the letters in between.

or another possibility is to have the vowels missing and only consonants remain for each word expressed. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Aug 16 2007, 03:12 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

doh.gif now i get it, thomas... you are thinking about them reading abbreviated form of Tolstoy and Dickens. That took a while before the light dawned on me... oops.gif

That would be a booming market if all the Tolstoy and Dickens novels where put into comics book formate. Easier on the brain but totally lacking on the true substance of that which makes the experience of personal graphic mental images grow when confronted with good literature.

My apologies to all viewers that I let this off-track conversation go like this.. The Two Spies of BP and GJ analogy ought to be the talk here. sorrrry.

offtopic2.gif surrender.gif

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 16 2007, 03:39 AM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 16 2007, 10:12 AM) *
My apologies to all viewers that I let this off-track conversation go like this.. The Two Spies of BP and GJ analogy ought to be the talk here. sorrrry.
Said analogy is off-track in its own right, so I think no damage has been done here smile.gif

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 17 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 11 2007, 07:52 PM) *
... The person who sent the letter posted on Save3ABN was making the point that from the first, many questioned how truthful the reports of Pickle and Joy were--a pretty good comparison, I think.

I still think it is a good comparison. In fact, I think it's an even better comparison now, after all the trashing that has been going on.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 18 2007, 01:24 AM

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Aug 18 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 16 2007, 01:39 AM) *
Hi Rosyroi,

Thank you Whitey, my cell phone does not support txt mssg, or camera, or email, or news or...

So I didn't know about that feature.

Just the basics. biggrin.gif

Now back on track...discussing Caleb and Joshua

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Aug 18 2007, 02:40 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:12 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church