Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14875&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:23:01 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does The Bible Endorse Veganism?
LeePaDee
post Sep 6 2007, 08:01 AM
Post #91

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 19

SHEPHARDS WIFE WROTE:
Got a call one day from someone asking me if EGW says it is ok to cook your veggies. Somebody had told her that being vegan was not enough, that to be saved, you had to eat all raw foods.
------I don't understand why that person was calling you.... that person did not have access to the books by EGW??? Nor access to the internet???
I'm always asking for a source of citation.... tell me WHERE you got that info.... NOT tell me what to do

--------------------
This is how change happens: someone hurts, and sooner or later decides to do something about it.
--TRAITOR by Matthew Woodring Stover - p.29
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Sep 6 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #92

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

Well lets think about this. Did they cook their veggies in the Garden of Eden? I think not, so therefore it is just reasonable that since they were in a saved condition in the GOE then to get in a saved condition we should also not cook veggies, regardless of what Mrs. White said. After all she didn't know everything.

Richard

(And if anyone takes this post seriously give me a call, there is this bridge for sale.....)

QUOTE(Shepherdswife @ Sep 6 2007, 05:42 AM) *
Got a call one day from someone asking me if EGW says it is ok to cook your veggies. Somebody had told her that being vegan was not enough, that to be saved, you had to eat all raw foods. I asked her why God would give a command like that when most of the world's population does not have access to year round storage, refrigeration and trucking like we do in the states. That in EGW's day, if that had been the "rule", they would have starved to death.

I think common sense is in danger of extinction in some places...people want a "thus saith the Lord" so they don't have to use their brains.

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Sep 6 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(LeePaDee @ Sep 6 2007, 10:01 AM) *
SHEPHARDS WIFE WROTE:
Got a call one day from someone asking me if EGW says it is ok to cook your veggies. Somebody had told her that being vegan was not enough, that to be saved, you had to eat all raw foods.
------I don't understand why that person was calling you.... that person did not have access to the books by EGW??? Nor access to the internet???

No internet access, probably didn't have all the books, or at least an index, plus a dose of intellectual laziness thrown in. Plus the belief that the pastor is the expert in all things spiritual... :-(

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:23 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church