Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14875&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:23:26 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does The Bible Endorse Veganism?
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 28 2007, 07:38 AM
Post #76

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Face=Meat

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 28 2007, 09:36 AM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,696

The people that insist that their vegetarianism brings them closer to God or in God's greater favor really don't understand how truly wonderful God is. They would view Him as harsh & exacting. Ready to condemn them for being unhealthy & defiling His temple. Well truthfully, they have taught themselves to believe all that. They train their minds to think this way so much that the condemnation they fear is all self-created. The devil loves to play tricks with our minds in this manner. That way he makes people view God as impersonal & distant & thus he turns people away from trusting in Jesus.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 28 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #78

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Now, lowender, they did not come to that understanding on their own. It is taught within the SDA church, not so widely or openly recently, but taught never the less, subtly. If you think about it, it is common for those who eat meat to even resign themselves to a lesser than "holy" status, some kind of spiritual limbo. As if they have not quite achieved the "ideal". It is akin to tarrying for the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues in other churches. It only serves to support the subtle "salvation by works" message receive and practice, all the while giving lip service only to "righteouness by faith".

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 28 2007, 08:36 AM) *
The people that insist that their vegetarianism brings them closer to God or in God's greater favor really don't understand how truly wonderful God is. They would view Him as harsh & exacting. Ready to condemn them for being unhealthy & defiling His temple. Well truthfully, they have taught themselves to believe all that. They train their minds to think this way so much that the condemnation they fear is all self-created. The devil loves to play tricks with our minds in this manner. That way he makes people view God as impersonal & distant & thus he turns people away from trusting in Jesus.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 28 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #79

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 28 2007, 12:09 PM) *
Now, lowender, they did not come to that understanding on their own. It is taught within the SDA church, not so widely or openly recently, but taught never the less, subtly. If you think about it, it is common for those who eat meat to even resign themselves to a lesser than "holy" status, some kind of spiritual limbo. As if they have not quite achieved the "ideal". It is akin to tarrying for the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues in other churches. It only serves to support the subtle "salvation by works" message receive and practice, all the while giving lip service only to "righteouness by faith".

That still doesn't explain or justify Adventists running around burdened with guilt because they cant "get off meat" as if it were crack or meth.

It's *chicken* for cryin' out loud; clean meats made to be eaten with thanksgiving. You don't need a 12 step program to stop consuming it. There is no rehab for KFC... and there is no sin in enjoying it.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 29 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 28 2007, 12:24 PM) *
That still doesn't explain or justify Adventists running around burdened with guilt because they cant "get off meat" as if it were crack or meth.
It's *chicken* for cryin' out loud; clean meats made to be eaten with thanksgiving. You don't need a 12 step program to stop consuming it. There is no rehab for KFC... and there is no sin in enjoying it.

In His service,
Mr. J

Mr. J & Princess Di are both right... We all have to guard against the salvation by works crowds that latch on to the SDA churches. Many of them use diet as their tool for this. I think just loving them as God has loved us is the best way for them to realize His greatness...

I honestly believe that the Christian who is thankful just to be able to eat is the one who draws closer to God...

+Quote Post
Denny
post Aug 29 2007, 04:50 AM
Post #81

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 28 2007, 06:24 PM) *

In His service,
Mr. J

Perhaps we need a 12 step program for people who want to give up meat because they think it makes them holier or prepares them for heaven....(We can call it The Veggies fight back)

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
MsHoly1
post Aug 29 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #82

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 44

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 28 2007, 01:24 PM) *

In His service,
Mr. J

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif THAT'S RIGHT!! YOU TOLD THEM!! People just insist on making a relationship with God a lot harder than it has to be. I think they just refuse to be happy and want to make everyone else miserable right along with them. Well, I rebuke you in the name of Jesus...Popeye's anyone!?! spoton.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #83

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

LOL!!! OK?! It by no means justifies it. However, I will sing my song, just one more time. This is what has come of years and years, and years of teaching conformity, instead of relationship. We baptize folks, making take their jewelry and make up off, and sending them tp the stores with a list minus "animal cruelty products" which are substantially higher in price. All without explaining why, "'Jes cuz Sis. White says so". If the church was not so busy making Adventist members, in stead of disciples of Christ, we would not have this problem. Lead them to begin their realtinship with Christ.....by beholding Him, not you...they will become changed in His time. Simple.

You can tell when it is about comfornity, because there is substantial worry about what everybody else is or is not doing. What they look like, what they watch on their TV at home, even try to regulate the marriage bed by "suggesting" what is Godly between husband an wife. Just waaaaay off base.

I will sing one more song.....In a mature relationship with God we will trust Him to take care of His children. These folks trying to worry folks aobut thei diet, and the other thread got folks pigeon holed in categories of righteousness or the lack thereof..........all less than he has himself achieved. Please!

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 28 2007, 10:24 AM) *

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #84

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Cheryl, Stop!!!! LOL!!! rofl1.gif
QUOTE(MsHoly1 @ Aug 29 2007, 02:17 PM) *
rofl1.gif roflmao.gif THAT'S RIGHT!! YOU TOLD THEM!! People just insist on making a relationship with God a lot harder than it has to be. I think they just refuse to be happy and want to make everyone else miserable right along with them. Well, I rebuke you in the name of Jesus...Popeye's anyone!?! spoton.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
MsHoly1
post Aug 30 2007, 07:09 PM
Post #85

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 29 2007, 07:16 PM) *
Cheryl, Stop!!!! LOL!!! rofl1.gif

Gurrrrrrrrrrl... tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Sep 1 2007, 05:01 PM
Post #86

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

*(SANG IT!)*

You can get to heaven with that fanga lickin'.....'cause GAWD said we can eat that Kentucky Fried Chicken!
Humble me so I can do ONLY your will.....

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
MsHoly1
post Sep 1 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #87

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Sep 1 2007, 07:01 PM) *
*(SANG IT!)*

You can get to heaven with that fanga lickin'.....'cause GAWD said we can eat that Kentucky Fried Chicken!
Humble me so I can do ONLY your will.....

snack.gif

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

This post has been edited by MsHoly1: Sep 1 2007, 06:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Sep 1 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #88

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

I'm jes saying....um...sangin'....
dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Sep 6 2007, 03:42 AM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Aug 15 2007, 05:48 AM) *
If that is one's choice of lifestyle, that is fine, but ramming it down other people's throats... and accusing them of sinning because they do not follow a vegan lifestyle... well, that is a totally different, abhorant lifestyle... and not one that mimics Christ and His behaviour.

Got a call one day from someone asking me if EGW says it is ok to cook your veggies. Somebody had told her that being vegan was not enough, that to be saved, you had to eat all raw foods. I asked her why God would give a command like that when most of the world's population does not have access to year round storage, refrigeration and trucking like we do in the states. That in EGW's day, if that had been the "rule", they would have starved to death.

I think common sense is in danger of extinction in some places...people want a "thus saith the Lord" so they don't have to use their brains.

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
Denny
post Sep 6 2007, 04:24 AM
Post #90

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Shepherdswife @ Sep 6 2007, 10:42 AM) *
Got a call one day from someone asking me if EGW says it is ok to cook your veggies. Somebody had told her that being vegan was not enough, that to be saved, you had to eat all raw foods. I asked her why God would give a command like that when most of the world's population does not have access to year round storage, refrigeration and trucking like we do in the states. That in EGW's day, if that had been the "rule", they would have starved to death.

I think common sense is in danger of extinction in some places...people want a "thus saith the Lord" so they don't have to use their brains.

shepherdswife

Fundamental religions tend to attract people who have difficulty or are afraid to think for themselves and attract those who like to control others with their pov... with such people Marx was right religion is their opium, with some Adventists veganism is their opium.

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:23 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church