Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14978&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:12:02 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News Flash! 3abn Board Member Linked To Financial Crime Entity, Save3ABN reports the story
Artiste
post Aug 23 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #106

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Aug 23 2007, 02:20 PM) *
MOI? ohmy.gif
Artiste, while I agree that Mr. Joy does not appear to be a posting member here I don’t for a second think he doesn’t post here. He has any number of proxies who are more than willing to post on his behalf and attempt to manage the direction of discussion. These proxies run the gamut from those who are sincerely appalled by the 3ABN debacle as well as those who have personal agendas and axes to grind. I don’t personally have a problem with that as long as people understand how the program works. It is obvious to me that he and Mr. Pickle are very concerned and interested with everything in this particular section of BSDA.

I’m not certain it is Mr. Joy’s goal to provide us with material to discuss on this forum. Maybe it is and I suppose you would have to ask him.

-bear

YogusBearus (love your name!), by Gailon's not posting here, I meant that we who communicate with each other online on an almost daily basis have not gotten the opportunity to know him as a person the way we do each other, to a certain extent.

As far as his goal to provide us with material to discuss, I happen to know that it is one of his intents; just as you mentioned that it was obvious to you that he and Bob are very interested in this part of BSDA.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 23 2007, 04:43 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 23 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #107

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 23 2007, 01:45 PM) *
I noticed that the above statement was taken by some to be humorous, or maybe sarcastic.

I have also noticed that some people posting on this forum castigate and misrepresent Gailon Joy's actions and motives with apparent impunity.

Pehaps because Gailon is not posting here, some feel that they can talk freely behind his back as though he did not exist as a human being with normal feelings.

I am reminded that Gailon Joy's investigational efforts are the prime reason we continue to have material to discuss here on this forum. I have personally found Gailon to have the highest ethical concerns for the 3ABN situation and how it affects the Seventh-day Adventist church and its members.

Artiste,

In a forum, opinions are crucial. That is what a place like this was created to accomodate. Some agree, some disagree. Some do so gently, some firmly. If we were to accept, carte blanche, everything that the investigators did without question, I believe we would be doing everyone participating and lurking a huge disservice.

If you do a bit of historical research here, you will find that there was a significant amount of "investigation" and discussion under way for quite some time before Gailon picked up the gauntlet.

Gailon has put himself in a very public position by choosing to become involved in this investigation as he had. To have even the hint of an expectation that everyone will agree on everything he does is, IMO, a bit unrealistic. I'm certain you would not promote such unquestioning support of any person that might take on the appearance of those huge square-filling rallies like those we have record of in various eras of this world's history.

What I can guarantee you, unequivically, is that a majority of those posting in this 3abn forum will pray for God's hand to guide Bob and Gailon in this investigation and for God's will to be done.

You are welcome to have and state your opinion. Allow us all that freedom, as well.

PB

Edited to finish a sentence that I forgot to complete while taking a two hour break to run grandkids around town.

This post has been edited by PeacefulBe: Aug 23 2007, 05:37 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 23 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #108

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 23 2007, 04:29 PM) *
Artiste,

In a forum, opinions are crucial. That is what a place like this was created to accomodate. Some agree, some disagree. Some do so gently, some firmly. If we were to accept, carte blanche, everything that the investigators did without question, I believe we would be doing everyone participating and lurking a huge disservice.

If you do a bit of historical research here, you will find that there was a significant amount of "investigation" and discussion under way for quite some time before Gailon picked up the gauntlet.

Gailon has put himself in a very public position by choosing to become involved in this investigation as he had. To have even the hint of an expectation that everyone will agree on everything he does is, IMO, a bit unrealistic. I'm certain you would not promote such unquestioning support of any person that might take on the appearance of those huge square-filling rallies like those we have record of in various eras of this world's history.

What I can guarantee you, unequivically, is that a majority of those posting in this 3abn forum will pray for God's hand to guide Bob and Gailon in this investigation and for God's will to be done.
You are welcome to have and state your opinion. Allow us all that freedom, as well.

PB

Edited to finish a sentence that I forgot to complete while taking a two hour break to run grandkids around town.

You are right--Gailon did pick up the gauntlet a year ago as of August 15. Since then he has spent an enormous amount of time interviewing victims, researching documents, establishing sources and pushing others to try to help the 3ABN situation.

I believe that I have not taken away your freedom to express your opinion, since you have done just that.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 23 2007, 09:06 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 24 2007, 05:06 AM
Post #109

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 24 2007, 01:29 AM) *

PB

What do I do if I think your opinion is unfair to some people?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 24 2007, 07:10 AM
Post #110

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 23 2007, 06:08 AM) *
The result, I suspect, is that Mr. Romrell will swing in the breeze, so to speak, while the public asks, and is not given appropriate answers. The people who question are likely to be attacked. That will not help Mr. Romrell. Information is not likely to be provided the public. That will not help him. Some may state half-truths. That will not help him. The overall response, as I see it, is likely to be that 3-ABN will come out of this further damaged. I will suggest that this will simplly be another failure in leadership to properly respond. But, I could be wrong. We shall simply have to see.

It may be, and I have not decided, that Mr. Romrell has a background that should restrict him from a position of leadership at 3-ABN. If so, it is to bad that he will not be able to contribue in that manner. But, as a follower of Christ, God can lead him in a direction where he can contribute. No one should say that he should only contribute at 3-ABN.

In one sense, I feel very sorry for him. I am concerned that these issues may damage him on his spiritual journey. Yet, they can not be dismissed. Whatever his background is, and I do not know, it must be identified and addressed. Anyone who takes a possition of leadership in a spiritual ministry such as 3-ABN must be open about their past as well as their present.

Thank you for articulating what I was looking for words for.

It's very easy to forget there are souls involved, not just viewers but participants. On all sides.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:12 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church