Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14978&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:12:09 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News Flash! 3abn Board Member Linked To Financial Crime Entity, Save3ABN reports the story
Observer
post Aug 23 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #91

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Stan @ Aug 23 2007, 11:27 AM) *
at the very bottom, which I had not read before is this

"To his credit, Larry Romrell, as far as we can tell, was never charged, indicted, tried, or convicted in the whole affair."

Did anyone else miss that?

Stan, that has been pointed out in printed responses a number of times.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 23 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #92

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 23 2007, 01:33 PM) *

However it does not make his hands clean... there are a whole lot of folk who have done a whole lot of shady/underhanded/unethical/illegal stuff... and never had to face the justice of men for their deeds.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Aug 23 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 23 2007, 01:27 PM) *
However it does not make his hands clean... there are a whole lot of folk who have done a whole lot of shady/underhanded/unethical/illegal stuff... and never had to face the justice of men for their deeds.

In His service,
Mr. J

..and unfortunately a goodly number continue to draw their salary from the denomination.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stan
post Aug 23 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #94

Member No.: 837

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 23 2007, 10:33 AM) *

Sorry I had missed that... I assumed too much when I first read his the article...

I am sure Joy would not purposely misled people..

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Aug 23 2007, 02:00 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Stan @ Aug 23 2007, 02:54 PM) *
Sorry I had missed that... I assumed too much when I first read his the article...

roflmao.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 23 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #96

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 23 2007, 05:08 AM) *
Let me share with you:

snip...

In regard to Larry Romrell, I consider the picture to be confused, and I have not reached a definative opinon on all of the issues raised in regard to him. I do think that I know enough to know that he is an active, involved, supporter of the organized SDA Chruch. I do not consider him to be comming from an off-shoot brance of Adventism. I will suggest that he should be acknowledged for the many posistive things that I see about him. But, I also beleive that there are some unresolved questions that must be answered.

Greg,

I think this is an important point. While we do not have a copy of a baptismal certificate, we do know that Larry Romrell is actively involved with a mainstream SDA Church. What I would like to point out, since he may be fairly new to his SDA theological exposure, what if he knows so little about the fundamentals of this denomination - as we have seen by WillowRun's testimony as a new SDA member - that he doesn't realize there is or know the difference between mainstream SDA and the beliefs of the Historic Adventist movement. Could he be unknowingly incorporating those beliefs into his understanding and supporting the development of the Historic Adventist movement without realizing his error?

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 23 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #97

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok so I have a sort of related question.........speaking of baptismal certificates............can you find out where exactly he was baptised. My reason for asking? Have we not seen a few "convenient" baptisms at the 3ABN Campmeeting? Or even at the church so conveniently moved to 3ABN property? Did he come in under the Ten Commandments weekends/booklets? Just askin'...............
sofa1.gif

Now that being said, Appletree, Cindi, I think the problem is that many just feel like Danny should have made a better choice here to "avoid the appearance of evil" in light of his own dwindling credibility. Now, the merge with AF was the right idea, but not workable. Pretty sure AF did not want to become non denominational.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 23 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #98

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 23 2007, 02:07 PM) *
Greg,

I think this is an important point. While we do not have a copy of a baptismal certificate, we do know that Larry Romrell is actively involved with a mainstream SDA Church. What I would like to point out, since he may be fairly new to his SDA theological exposure, what if he knows so little about the fundamentals of this denomination - as we have seen by WillowRun's testimony as a new SDA member - that he doesn't realize there is or know the difference between mainstream SDA and the beliefs of the Historic Adventist movement. Could he be unknowingly incorporating those beliefs into his understanding and supporting the development of the Historic Adventist movement without realizing his error?

PB

Yes.

But, who is responsible for that?

To what extent should we hold him responsible?

If that is true, how should we relate to him over that issue?

Illustration: I attend SDA chruchs where I am simply a member, and not on the pastoral staff. One Sabbath, a number of years ago, and many miles from where I now live, I said to my wife: We should visit that couple this afternoon. NOTE: The couple was about 6 months after baptism.

Later that Sabbath afternoon, my wife and I dropped in on that couple. We were warmly greeted, welcomed and invited in. After we had been seated, the woman looked as us and said: Can we offer you a glass of wine? I declined, and her response was: I wasn't certain. I felt I had better ask before I brought you a glass.

Folks: I do not intend to point any finger of blame. I do not intend to criticize. I will say that I do not hold that young Adventist couple (they were elderly in years) responsible for not knowning whether I as a SDA minsiter would like a glass of wine.

Gentlepeople: I have a lot of feelilng for Larry Romrell. The situation is confused, as I see it. The problem is whether or not 3-ABN has potentially placed him in a position of spiritual harm by placing him on their Board, with possibly (?) a background that results in people asking valid questions. The questions are valid, and they should not be dismissed.

I will be very frank. I have obtained what I believe to be his home telephone number. I have attempted on several occasions to telephone him and to talk to him. I have been unable to do so, although I have probably spoken to his wife. I am torn between what I beleive to be a responsibility to personally talk to him ragarding the questions that people are asking, and a fear that he is either a young Adventist, or one who has not yet reached the point in his spiritual journey to join the SDA chruch, and that if I do reach him and talk to him, it might contrbute to his spiritual harm. I am frankly torn up over this.

I am not bothered as such by talking to him. My style is to go to the source, and I am willing to ask the hard questions. But, this is a case where the picture is confused, I am uncertain of certain of the probably answers, and I do not want to contribute to the spiritual harm of someone who is being led on a spiritual journey.

O.K. folks, that is where I am.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 23 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #99

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Stan @ Aug 23 2007, 12:54 PM) *

I noticed that the above statement was taken by some to be humorous, or maybe sarcastic.

I have also noticed that some people posting on this forum castigate and misrepresent Gailon Joy's actions and motives with apparent impunity.

Pehaps because Gailon is not posting here, some feel that they can talk freely behind his back as though he did not exist as a human being with normal feelings.

I am reminded that Gailon Joy's investigational efforts are the prime reason we continue to have material to discuss here on this forum. I have personally found Gailon to have the highest ethical concerns for the 3ABN situation and how it affects the Seventh-day Adventist church and its members.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 23 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #100

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 23 2007, 01:43 PM) *
Yes.

Illustration: I attend SDA chruchs where I am simply a member, and not on the pastoral staff. One Sabbath, a number of years ago, and many miles from where I now live, I said to my wife: We should visit that couple this afternoon. NOTE: The couple was about 6 months after baptism.

Later that Sabbath afternoon, my wife and I dropped in on that couple. We were warmly greeted, welcomed and invited in. After we had been seated, the woman looked as us and said: Can we offer you a glass of wine? I declined, and her response was: I wasn't certain. I felt I had better ask before I brought you a glass.

Folks: I do not intend to point any finger of blame. I do not intend to criticize. I will say that I do not hold that young Adventist couple (they were elderly in years) responsible for not knowning whether I as a SDA minsiter would like a glass of wine.

Gentlepeople: I have a lot of feelilng for Larry Romrell. The situation is confused, as I see it. The problem is whether or not 3-ABN has potentially placed him in a position of spiritual harm by placing him on their Board, with possibly (?) a background that results in people asking valid questions. The questions are valid, and they should not be dismissed.

I will be very frank. I have obtained what I believe to be his home telephone number. I have attempted on several occasions to telephone him and to talk to him. I have been unable to do so, although I have probably spoken to his wife. I am torn between what I beleive to be a responsibility to personally talk to him ragarding the questions that people are asking, and a fear that he is either a young Adventist, or one who has not yet reached the point in his spiritual journey to join the SDA chruch, and that if I do reach him and talk to him, it might contrbute to his spiritual harm. I am frankly torn up over this.

I am not bothered as such by talking to him. My style is to go to the source, and I am willing to ask the hard questions. But, this is a case where the picture is confused, I am uncertain of certain of the probably answers, and I do not want to contribute to the spiritual harm of someone who is being led on a spiritual journey.

Observer, I am happy that you have pointed out this sensitive issue. Please keep us posted as to whether you have been able to contact him or not.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Aug 23 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 23 2007, 03:18 PM) *
Ok so I have a sort of related question.........speaking of baptismal certificates............can you find out where exactly he was baptised. My reason for asking? Have we not seen a few "convenient" baptisms at the 3ABN Campmeeting? Or even at the church so conveniently moved to 3ABN property? Did he come in under the Ten Commandments weekends/booklets? Just askin'...............
sofa1.gif

Now that being said, Appletree, Cindi, I think the problem is that many just feel like Danny should have made a better choice here to "avoid the appearance of evil" in light of his own dwindling credibility. Now, the merge with AF was the right idea, but not workable. Pretty sure AF did not want to become non denominational.

eeeewwww Di.... Great Point Gurl!!!!!

clap.gif

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Aug 23 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 23 2007, 03:45 PM) *
I noticed that the above statement was taken by some to be humorous, or maybe sarcastic.

I have also noticed that some people posting on this forum castigate and misrepresent Gailon Joy's actions and motives with apparent impunity.

Pehaps because Gailon is not posting here, some feel that they can talk freely behind his back as though he did not exist as a human being with normal feelings.

I am reminded that Gailon Joy's investigational efforts are the prime reason we continue to have material to discuss here on this forum. I have personally found Gailon to have the highest ethical concerns for the 3ABN situation and how it affects the Seventh-day Adventist church and its members.

MOI? ohmy.gif

Artiste, while I agree that Mr. Joy does not appear to be a posting member here I don’t for a second think he doesn’t post here. He has any number of proxies who are more than willing to post on his behalf and attempt to manage the direction of discussion. These proxies run the gamut from those who are sincerely appalled by the 3ABN debacle as well as those who have personal agendas and axes to grind. I don’t personally have a problem with that as long as people understand how the program works. It is obvious to me that he and Mr. Pickle are very concerned and interested with everything in this particular section of BSDA.

I’m not certain it is Mr. Joy’s goal to provide us with material to discuss on this forum. Maybe it is and I suppose you would have to ask him.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 23 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #103

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 23 2007, 03:45 PM) *

I think you overestimate Joy's influence..... while his efforts have generated some discussion, there were alot of issues that were discussed and continue to be discussed.... as for people's perceptions of what he is doing, that of course is a topic for discussion.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Aug 23 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #104

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 23 2007, 04:45 PM) *

Artiste~

I have also noticed that some people posting on this forum castigate and probably misrepresent every action and motive of the 3abn Board with apparent impunity.

Everything I have read suggests that Gailon is a strong supporter of your first amendment rights and those of everyone else here who has an opinion.....even if that opinion is different than his own or is about his actions and motives. I respect and support his position in that regard.

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Aug 23 2007, 04:15 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Aug 23 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #105

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

Observer, well said. yes.gif

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 23 2007, 04:43 PM) *
Yes.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:12 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church