Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15140&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:58:59 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is This Apostasy?, Dr. Walt Thompson, 3abn Board Chairman
Artiste
post Aug 31 2007, 07:57 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(panther @ Aug 31 2007, 06:45 PM) *
I agree Cindy. Some people seem to have a cog loose and are willing to go to any depths to drag others in the mud of their gossip. Elder Jim is JOINING 3ABN to help there. So what is the big deal about that? This doesn't make anyone an apostate! Pickle, you must be getting DESPERATE if this is your evidence of apostasy.

Oh my, better get busy everyone--please do check out Elder Jim Gilley (not sure I spelled his name right)--you surely must TRY HARD to find something you can blame him for....and if you can't find it, please be sure to make it up. You're so good at writing fictional hogwash.

If "Elder Jim" is being defended by Alethia, Panther, Lee, and FHB (has Dona said anything yet?), where does that put him on the spectrum of 3abn "dignitaries"?

Apostasy: "...a term generally employed to describe the formal renunciation of one's religion... Many religious movements consider it a vice (sin), a corruption of the virtue of piety in the sense that when piety fails, apostasy is the result." (Wikipedia)

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 31 2007, 08:04 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 31 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(panther @ Aug 31 2007, 08:45 PM) *
I agree Cindy. Some people seem to have a cog loose and are willing to go to any depths to drag others in the mud of their gossip. Elder Jim is JOINING 3ABN to help there. So what is the big deal about that? This doesn't make anyone an apostate! Pickle, you must be getting DESPERATE if this is your evidence of apostasy.

Oh my, better get busy everyone--please do check out Elder Jim Gilley (not sure I spelled his name right)--you surely must TRY HARD to find something you can blame him for....and if you can't find it, please be sure to make it up. You're so good at writing fictional hogwash.

Panther,

I would appreciate it greatly if you refrain from twisting my words. I never said that there was any problem at all with Jim Gilley joining 3ABN. My complaint is that Walt Thompson said that Jim Gilley is joining Danny, which sends a clear and strong message that Danny isn't going anywhere, and that Walt has no problem with that.

At some point, blatant, brazen, public support of an unrepentant leader who has done the things that Danny has done constitutes apostasy.

But let me ask you, what sort of sin in your opinion would constitute grounds for Danny's dismissal? Is there anything at all? Or is there nothing?

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Aug 31 2007, 08:06 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(panther @ Aug 31 2007, 07:45 PM) *
Some of us oldies don't need to "try hard". We know his track record from waaaay back.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 31 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #19

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Dona @ Aug 31 2007, 06:58 PM) *
Referring to Danny Shelton as founder and visionary of 3ABN is not an act of apostacy.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 31 2007, 07:12 PM) *
Referring to Danny as "founder" rather than "co-founder" is at the very least extremely discourteous, rude, and wrong.

The word I was objecting in what I wrote was "joins," not "founder" or "visionary."

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 31 2007, 07:50 PM) *
Linda Shelton, as the other co-founder, has been stripped of acknowledgement for her work and contributions for all those years by this statement.

My thing is that Danny now doesn't "claim" his now EXwife Linda as a co-founder and it's hard pressed to find anything 3ABN related that still refers to Linda Shelton.

The woman ain't dead. She still exists...and to act as if she is dead is hyp-o-critical....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 31 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 31 2007, 08:42 PM) *

Aletheia,

Could you please explain the stark contrast between how Linda and Danny have been treated?

If Linda chose to leave 3ABN by not stopping talking on the phone to a doctor, why hasn't Danny chosen to leave 3ABN by divorcing his wife without knowing that she had committed foprnication?

Why hasn't Danny chosen to leave 3ABN by covering up the child molestation allegations against Tommy?

Why hasn't Danny chosen to leave 3ABN by putting on a tribute to Tommy less than a month after new allegations were announced in Virginia, and blaming his high blood pressure on a ferry?

Why hasn't Danny chosen to leave 3ABN by engaging in private inurement?

Why hasn't Danny chosen to leave 3ABN by trying to talk his ex into violating IRS regulations?

Why hasn't Danny chosen to leave 3ABN by having them cover his personal legal bills, if Walt Thompson is correct on that one?

Etc., etc.

Assuming Linda is guilty doesn't make the hypocrisy of it any less obvious to anyone looking on.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 31 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

okay you all really need to step back and think about what you are saying.... the sun does NOT rise and set on 3abn..... 3abn is NOT the center of the adventist universe... in fact there are probably millions of adventists who have no idea what 3abn is.... so please stop with the drama....

The situation is not apostasy, its not going to bring the church down etc...... enough of that foolishness....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 31 2007, 08:31 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 31 2007, 07:26 PM) *
okay you all really need to step back and think about what you are saying.... the sun does NOT rise and set on 3abn..... 3abn is NOT the center of the adventist universe... in fact there are probably millions of adventists who have no idea what 3abn is.... so please stop with the drama....

The situation is not apostasy, its not going to bring the church down etc...... enough of that foolishness....

Glad that you have all knowledge, Clay!

But I see where you stand...

Is this the next thread that you are going to shut down?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 31 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #23

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 31 2007, 09:31 PM) *

depends... if it continues down the path of foolishness, yes, I will close it....

--------------------

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Aug 31 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 31 2007, 09:31 PM) *

...you sure you want to go there?

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 31 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 31 2007, 07:32 PM) *
depends... if it continues down the path of foolishness, yes, I will close it....

Go ahead, Clay ... it indicates to me that you are moving toward the ranks of Panther, FHB, et al ...

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 31 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 31 2007, 09:35 PM) *
Go ahead, Clay ... it indicates to me that you are moving toward the ranks of Panther, FHB, et al ...

you have no idea where I am headed, but I recognize foolishness when I read it... and this thread is a bit much..... so you do what you feel compelled to do, and I will do the same....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 31 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Aug 31 2007, 09:34 PM) *
...you sure you want to go there?

-bear

yanno.... really, is there a need to go there... dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 31 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 31 2007, 10:26 PM) *

This may come as a surprize, but Thank you.

It's good to see all common sense and reason is not gone in this world.

maybe it is just not so common anymore...

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 31 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #29

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 31 2007, 10:35 PM) *

Clay and the ones you name have stood at opposite sides of the spectrum and still do an most issues and now you claim this because of one disagreement with you?

See this is the sillyness I referred to.

That is just not right.

We, all of us, need to learn to look at things objectively.

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 31 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #30

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Apostasy is such a loaded word, especially in adventism, and its a hot button issue, to see it thrown around carelessly is irresponsible.... to accuse someone of apostasizing is serious.... apostasy is past backsliding.... its like the end of the road you can go no further... while there are problems at 3abn, apostasy probably isn't one of them.... IMO....

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church