Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15140&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:59:06 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is This Apostasy?, Dr. Walt Thompson, 3abn Board Chairman
Pickle
post Sep 1 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #46

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

I'm doing some research on the word in question, and came across a quote about the showdown on Mt. Carmel that is quite interesting. Perhaps off topic, but here it is:

QUOTE(3T 280 @ 281)
"What astonishing deception and fearful blindness had, like a dark cloud, covered Israel! This blindness and apostasy had not closed about them suddenly; it had come upon them gradually as they had not heeded the word of reproof and warning which the Lord had sent to them because of their pride and their sins. And now, in this fearful crisis, in the presence of the idolatrous priests and the apostate king, they remained neutral. If God abhors one sin above another, of which His people are guilty, it is doing nothing in case of an emergency. Indifference and neutrality in a religious crisis is regarded of God as a grievous crime and equal to the very worst type of hostility against God." (3T 280, 281)

Thanks to all that have not been indifferent or neutral.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Musashi
post Sep 1 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 4,291

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 31 2007, 08:42 PM) *

Yeah, that's right, what a lovely letter. He in effect states that she is in the wrong, PERIOD! No ifs ands or buts about it. Her relationship with the doctor is taken as inappropriate by Walt and the board on hearsay testimony, and then he recommends hand-picked counselers for her to go to who evidently have been apraised of "one" side of the story already. This may be offtopic.gif but give me a break,...she did not "choose" to be slandered willingly. I was at campmeeting that year among other years and have to say that it was a masterful performance. If you can crucify another individual while all the while making yourself look like a saint, that is impressive.

--------------------
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
--Henry David Thoreau

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Sep 1 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Musashi @ Sep 1 2007, 07:35 PM) *
Yeah, that's right, what a lovely letter. He in effect states that she is in the wrong, PERIOD! No ifs ands or buts about it. Her relationship with the doctor is taken as inappropriate by Walt and the board on hearsay testimony, and then he recommends hand-picked counselers for her to go to who evidently have been apraised of "one" side of the story already. This may be offtopic.gif but give me a break,...she did not "choose" to be slandered willingly. I was at campmeeting that year among other years and have to say that it was a masterful performance. If you can crucify another individual while all the while making yourself look like a saint, that is impressive.

welcome(1).gif to BDSA, and great job on your first post. It looks like you have already done a lot of reading, are already familiar with the situation, or both.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Musashi
post Sep 1 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 4,291

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Sep 1 2007, 07:39 PM) *
welcome(1).gif to BDSA, and great job on your first post. It looks like you have already done a lot of reading, are already familiar with the situation, or both.

Been lurking for years, but finally signed myself up when the format changed recently. Needed to finally get off of the sidelines anyway. Thanks for the welcome. wave.gif

--------------------
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
--Henry David Thoreau

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Sep 1 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 31 2007, 06:42 PM) *

Richard Nixon resigned the presidency or the United States, by his choice, but he is still listed as our 37th president. There is not a big hole where his information should be.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Sep 1 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #51

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 1 2007, 06:27 PM) *
Seraphim, the quote in question was the statement by Walt Thompson, "Jim joins Danny Shelton, founder and visionary of 3ABN." The objection was to the ignoring of Linda's role as co-founder.

So you, Artiste, are acknowledging that Danny Shelton stripped Linda Shelton of said acknowledgments specifically and not Pickle? Just asking to be sure we are on the same page.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Sep 2 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Musashi @ Sep 1 2007, 05:35 PM) *

Thank you so much for that first person testimony. It backs up other witnesses to the events so nicely.

Also welcome(1).gif to BSDA, Musashi

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 2 2007, 04:30 AM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Musashi @ Sep 2 2007, 02:53 AM) *
Been lurking for years, but finally signed myself up when the format changed recently. Needed to finally get off of the sidelines anyway. Thanks for the welcome. wave.gif

I also want to welcome(1).gif you to BSDA with you clarion testimony. I was also there at that camp meeting. So were others who have given a clear testimony of what they experienced.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
erik
post Sep 3 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(panther @ Aug 31 2007, 06:45 PM) *
I agree Cindy. Some people seem to have a cog loose and are willing to go to any depths to drag others in the mud of their gossip. Elder Jim is JOINING 3ABN to help there. So what is the big deal about that? This doesn't make anyone an apostate! Pickle, you must be getting DESPERATE if this is your evidence of apostasy.

Oh my, better get busy everyone--please do check out Elder Jim Gilley (not sure I spelled his name right)--you surely must TRY HARD to find something you can blame him for....and if you can't find it, please be sure to make it up. You're so good at writing fictional hogwash.

Pather,

Do you think that Jesus would have treated linda the way Walt T. and Danny S. have?

Do think that Jesus would have turned a blind eye to at brother struggling for most of his adult life with sexual Sin like
Tommy S. was and still is.?

Do you think that Jesus would stand behind Dany S. and say that all the things you are doing wrong are ok because i ave you a work to
years ago?

IF you anwser yes to those questions then there is no need to consider using the Dreaded "A" word, but if you answer no to them then that word has to be atleast placed on the table.

Erik,

P.s. to Clay, post with all due respect to yourfeelings on the Dread "a" word. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 3 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #55

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 1 2007, 06:59 AM) *
GULP!!!

Um... Artiste, I guess you didn't see the memo about treating Calvin and the Admins(Clay, Di) with respect!. Clay must have been in a generous mood last evening if he didn't suspend you for a bit over this.

Best to choose windmills wisely when one's panties are in a bunch. Sometimes they bite back.

I don't think artiste touched what/how Aletheia did/talked to Di the other day in her post.
So, if we are going to discuss how people treat admin, better bring that one it too.
I'm just saying, unless someone pointed that out to A, it should stay balanced. JMO, of course.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 3 2007, 06:58 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 31 2007, 08:42 PM) *

ALETHEIA...

Although you don't agree with most of us here, I do believe that you are intelligent & wise enough to know that the accusations made of Linda Shelton were unsubstantiated. So it's my opinion that you set yourself in a place where no one will believe you if you choose to continue these claims about her.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 4 2007, 12:23 AM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Sep 1 2007, 08:29 PM) *
So you, Artiste, are acknowledging that Danny Shelton stripped Linda Shelton of said acknowledgments specifically and not Pickle? Just asking to be sure we are on the same page.

Yes, Seraphim, I believe that Danny Shelton took away Linda's acknowledgments, and that Walt Thompson continued with the same line of action.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 4 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 1 2007, 04:48 PM) *
I'm doing some research on the word in question, and came across a quote about the showdown on Mt. Carmel that is quite interesting. Perhaps off topic, but here it is: (quote from SOP)
Thanks to all that have not been indifferent or neutral.

That was a great example of Israel's apostasy, Pickle. Thank you for pointing it out. Spiritual darkness, deception, and neutrality in the face of evil ... there must be some analogy ...

Is there mention of and description of Israel's various actions of apostasy in the Old Testament itself? (I know there is, but specifically using the work "apostasy"?)

I meant to look it up but haven't yet.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Sep 4 2007, 12:40 AM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 4 2007, 05:15 AM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 4 2007, 02:39 AM) *
That was a great example of Israel's apostasy, Pickle. Thank you for pointing it out. Spiritual darkness, deception, and neutrality in the face of evil ... there must be some analogy ...

Is there mention of and description of Israel's various actions of apostasy in the Old Testament itself? (I know there is, but specifically using the work "apostasy"?)

I meant to look it up but haven't yet.

The problem is 3ABN != Israel... not even a little bit. Hyperbole as a means of demonization is just a bit too far over the top, n'est-ce pas? Apostasy requires a grander scale than Thompsonville and that burden is not met, regardless of how spiritually dark, deceiving, or neutral in the face of evil the powers that be at 3ABN may be.

Is it sin? Yes. Is it morally and ethically reprehensible? Absolutely. Is it apostasy? No... not even for those among us who are trying to serve up the 3ABN kool-aid...and to call it so is to say those who disagree with you are no longer Christian... which is a call none save God is in a position to make.

If you want to believe Danny's camp wrong as two left shoes, that is fine... but that doesn't make them apostate any more than their believing you to be equally wrong makes you apostate. Ground zero of the Great Controversy is not the 3ABN compound... no matter how skewed your perception may become because of hyperfocusing.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 4 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #60

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 4 2007, 06:15 AM) *
The problem is 3ABN != Israel... not even a little bit. Hyperbole as a means of demonization is just a bit too far over the top, n'est-ce pas? Apostasy requires a grander scale than Thompsonville and that burden is not met, regardless of how spiritually dark, deceiving, or neutral in the face of evil the powers that be at 3ABN may be.

Is it sin? Yes. Is it morally and ethically reprehensible? Absolutely. Is it apostasy? No... not even for those among us who are trying to serve up the 3ABN kool-aid...and to call it so is to say those who disagree with you are no longer Christian... which is a call none save God is in a position to make.

If you want to believe Danny's camp wrong as two left shoes, that is fine... but that doesn't make them apostate any more than their believing you to be equally wrong makes you apostate. Ground zero of the Great Controversy is not the 3ABN compound... no matter how skewed your perception may become because of hyperfocusing.

In His service,
Mr. J

and as they use to say, "Preach the truth anyhow!!!!"

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church