Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15140&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:59:10 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is This Apostasy?, Dr. Walt Thompson, 3abn Board Chairman
Delford
post Sep 5 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #76

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,165

Johann said:

"...but the outwards culmination of apostasy occurred when 3ABN and Danny Shelton took Joy and Pickle to a federal court."

Then this would mean you are receiving your income each month from the SDA Church which must be in apostasy, according to your definition Johann, as they haven't hesitated to take others to court also. Perhaps you shouldn't be receiving this money from such a terrible apostasized religious group.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 5 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #77

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Delford @ Sep 5 2007, 06:32 PM) *
Johann said:

"...but the outwards culmination of apostasy occurred when 3ABN and Danny Shelton took Joy and Pickle to a federal court."

Then this would mean you are receiving your income each month from the SDA Church which must be in apostasy, according to your definition Johann, as they haven't hesitated to take others to court also. Perhaps you shouldn't be receiving this money from such a terrible apostasized religious group.

Delford, if you had read what I wrote, you would have seen that I was merely referring to what a senior founder of another supporting ministry said to me. I did not state if I agreed or disagreed with him. Just to inform what at least one of Danny Shelton's colleges feels about this situation.

This post has been edited by Johann: Sep 5 2007, 11:54 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 5 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #78

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

There is a difference between an organization that has been wronged taking someone to court, and an organization that has wronged taking someone to court.

I'm not saying which is which or whether either is justified. I'm just suggesting that we need to make sure we are talking about apples and apples.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 5 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 5 2007, 12:38 AM) *
This senior founder of a spiritually rich ministry also told me of his own experiences, and what dangers you meet as you venture out reaching greater heights. You feel that God is blessing, and He is supporting you in the work. The great danger is when you think you are so fully on God's side that you feel safe in making decisions on His behalf. He did not know the details in what could have gone wrong at 3ABN, but the outwards culmination of apostasy occurred when 3ABN and Danny Shelton took Joy and Pickle to a federal court. By then 3ABN and Danny Shelton had lost their footing, and only a thorough reformation can save this institution from reversing its original purpose.

Again from Savedthru3abn.org, the miracle page:
"Since 1997, 3ABN has enjoyed a formal working agreement with the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists to support each other in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole world. Our network is accepted as a supporting ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church."

This current statement on 3abn's website (savedthru) has not been contested or commented upon by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 5 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #80

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Delford @ Sep 5 2007, 06:32 PM) *
Johann said:

When I wrote my previous post I lost this

welcome(1).gif to you

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Sep 5 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,621

NEWSFLASH

Ladies and Gentleman, We interupt this propaganda to bring you the following announcement:

Johan wrote:

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 5 2007, 01:44 PM) *
Delford, if you had read what I wrote, you would have seen that I was merely referring to what a senior founder of another supporting ministry said to me. I did not state if I agreed or disagreed with him. Just to inform what at least one of Danny Shelton's colleges feels about this situation.

Danny Shelton has colleges now? rofl1.gif

Ok, I know you didn't mean that, but that cracked me up.

We now return you to your regular programming- - always in progress..

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 5 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #82

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 6 2007, 01:59 AM) *
NEWSFLASH

Ladies and Gentleman, We interupt this propaganda to bring you the following announcement:

Johan wrote:

I might be mistaken, but I was under the notion that Mr. Danny Shelton was the founder of a ministry. I first wrote colleague, but somehow the spell-checker must have changed that to college. Sorry

You could make a fortune finding flaws in manuscripts.

This post has been edited by Johann: Sep 5 2007, 06:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Sep 5 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 5 2007, 04:59 PM) *
NEWSFLASH

Johan wrote:

Had something to say but changed my mind.
Glad you had a good laugh. smile.gif Good day to you.

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Sep 5 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 5 2007, 08:04 PM) *
I might be mistaken, but I was under the notion that Mr. Danny Shelton was the founder of a ministry. I first wrote colleague, but somehow the spell-checker must have changed that to college. Sorry

Did your spell checker mess up again? Don't you mean "Co-founder???

( tongue firmly in cheek) How dare you insult Linda like that!?! roflmao.gif

Ok, I'll stop now, if you will...

You could make a fortune finding flaws in manuscripts.

If only.. I'd start with my own.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Sep 5 2007, 06:28 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 5 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 6 2007, 02:23 AM) *
Ok, I'll stop now, if you will...

Stop what? Have a documentation for that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Sep 5 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 5 2007, 06:59 PM) *

No, he couldn't even keep Broadview Academy open.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Sep 6 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

In his powerful sermon, “The Kings of the East”, where Elder Nelson spoke of the sure deliverance of God’s people from Babylon, in type and antitype, he also mentioned the writings of Louis Were. Here is a significant quote by this writer, on the subject of Types and Antitypes.

“… the fulfilment of a type—the antitype—is really the fulfilment of prophecy: ‘upon these—types and prophecies—their [the two disciples on the road to Emmaus. See Desire of Ages, pp. 796-799] faith must be established.’ The use that the Saviour made of types and antitypes to build up the faith and zeal of His disciples, will be largely employed when the last warning Message will be proclaimed with mighty power under the loud cry. There is power in the right use of the types and antitypes of Scripture—backed by the Holy Spirit they become mighty factors in the preaching of the gospel in the last days of human history. Satan is fully aware of this and is seeking to deflect the usefulness of the types and antitypes…” Louis Were, The Fall of Babylon In Type and Antitype, pp. 28, 29.

I believe a serious and prayerful study of the types and antitypes of the Bible is indispensable in the quest to discover the meaning of the word “apostasy”, and God’s plan for dealing with it. Furthermore, holy angels, even by the thousand, stand at the ready to shape providences to guide each person giving all in the search for truth.

IMO, Elders Stephen Bohr, Doug Batchelor, and other evangelists on 3ABN (as Elder Nelson with his sermon “The Kings of the East”), are making right and often new, refreshing and pointed use of the types and antitypes of Scripture. God grant them protection and power in this endeavour. The existence of sin, whether in the 3ABN camp or more directly Conference controlled camps—whether much publicized or hidden under a mat somewhere—must be acknowledged, repentance and restitution made as possible, disciplinary taken as necessary, all this in the context of heaven-born love. But the existence now of Hope TV, LLBN and other more directly Conference controlled Adventist television stations, is no reason on its own to argue that 3ABN has reached its “use by” date and should be pressured to shut down. I'm not sure anyone is doing that, but I think we should be very careful of drifting towards that line of thinking.

Our earnest prayers are with Elder Jim Gilley, newly elected 3ABN leader.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 6 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

[/quote]
Jim Gilley, unfortunately, will be nothing more than a figurehead until Danny Shelton is removed or permanently steps down AND away from Christian television. Only then can 3ABN become an honest endeavor worthy of the support it once had.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 6 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 6 2007, 07:52 PM) *

Jim Gilley, unfortunately, will be nothing more than a figurehead until Danny Shelton is removed or permanently steps down AND away from Christian television. Only then can 3ABN become an honest endeavor worthy of the support it once had.

Are any of you watching the 3abn live this evening with Elder Jim Gilley?

He's there with a few others including Walt Thompson, being inducted as president, but Danny Shelton is sitting in his usual seat and monopolizing the conversation as usual! His designation on the screen is "3ABN Founder". It was pointed out by Danny that the president's role is not really such an important one since the Board is the entity that is in charge...

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 7 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

I don't think Danny S has very many friends these days... Not even on his own TV set..

He'll have difficult time even hiring people to come out, get on TV with him & act like they are his friends. His donors have gone elsewhere for Gospel programming.

This post has been edited by lowender: Sep 7 2007, 12:56 AM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church