Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15200&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:04:52 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Answers From The General Conference Of Seventh-day Adventists?, ...please!
Observer
post Sep 7 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 7 2007, 06:46 AM) *
Having been employed by various conferences in the Seventh-day Adventist Church originating back in 1951, my employment has followed the rules as you have outlined above. This is true of every person employed by our church, so your statement is true.

There are always a few, rare exceptions. But, what I have said, and Johann commented upon, is generally true for just about everyone.

This post has been edited by Observer: Sep 7 2007, 07:21 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
panther
post Sep 7 2007, 07:58 AM
Post #32

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4,141

Last I checked, the Illinois Conference was a PART OF the GC. So what Cindy said was just fine---some people love to nit-pick and Gregory you are one of them. What a waste of time to read your posts.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 7 2007, 08:51 AM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(panther @ Sep 7 2007, 03:58 PM) *
Last I checked, the Illinois Conference was a PART OF the GC. So what Cindy said was just fine---some people love to nit-pick and Gregory you are one of them. What a waste of time to read your posts.

Elder Loasby, my Bible teacher, used to say, "There is no substitute for accuracy." The Illinois Conference is a member of the Lake Union, and the Lake Union belongs to the North American Division. The North American Division is only one of 13 world divisions, so the statement that John Lomacang gets his salary from the GC is not right. Every local church sends its tithes to the Conference. The Conference sends a tithe of the tithe to the Union. The Union sends a tithe of the tithe to the Division, and the Division sends a tithe of the tithe to the General Conference. At least these used to be the general terms.

So part of John Lomacang's salary is being paid only from the tithes sent to the Illinois Conference from the local churches in Illinois, and not from the limited amount of tithes of tithes of tithes of tithes that go to the General Conference. The General Conference has no jurisdiction of hiring or firing a local pastor. This is only up to the local conference. This is why it is inaccurate to state that he has something to do with the General Conference.

Not knowing this could be one of the reasons there are a number of misunderstandings in this whole discussion.

So the General Conference only pays salaries to the limited amount of leaders employed directly under them.

This post has been edited by Johann: Sep 7 2007, 09:24 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Observer
post Sep 7 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(panther @ Sep 7 2007, 07:58 AM) *

O.K. Do not read them then. You have a choice. No one forces you to read them. I do not expect alll to read what I post. I do not expect that everyone will consider what I post to be of value. What I would not understand is why one who considers my posts to be a waste of time to read would not only read them but respond to them. That does not appear to me to be common sense!

Nit pick: That is you opinion. some may agree. Others may not.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 7 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(panther @ Sep 7 2007, 06:58 AM) *

Oh my! Lee, you doing okay today? This seems a little extreme.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 7 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 7 2007, 05:41 PM) *
Oh my! Lee, you doing okay today? This seems a little extreme.

Are we judged by our extremes or our averages?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Sep 7 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #37

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 7 2007, 09:45 AM) *
Are we judged by our extremes or our averages?

What if the averages are extreme?

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Sep 7 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Wouldn't an extreme average be a oxymoron? smile.gif

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Sep 7 2007, 07:10 PM) *
What if the averages are extreme?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:04 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church