Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15221&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:04:46 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Live Broadcast 9/6/2007
PeacefulBe
post Sep 7 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 6 2007, 10:09 PM) *
Oh HOTY, see you're on right now. Saw you in the meeting today and expected a big long post from you twisting everything that was said. Several people in front of me were discussing the fact that the "mole" or "moles" as the case may be , that are employed at 3abn disgust them. They said you make everyone look bad by being so two faced. Just something to think about.

Oh now you have just plum gone and disappointed me AT. You mean to tell me that a ministry that spreads the undiluted 3 angels messages has employees who look with disgust upon those who don't fall in line with what they believe? If Jesus was walking those halls in that ministry, would He look with disgust on HOTY and any others there who believe they see a problem or two and speak out about it? Would He see them with compassion? Do you suppose He would feel okay with you looking with disgust upon some of those He felt were precious enough to die for? I must ask this, AT, WWJD?

Now, go tell Aletheia that PB is at it again. Hugs to both of you, btw. I am really glad you are back.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Sep 7 2007, 12:04 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

I'm in a Friday afternoon rush at the moment, but did anyone see the program on David and Bathsheba that was aired just prior to the said 3ABN Today Live broadcast? I only saw the last part of it, but some pretty telling points were being made on the issue of adultery. I wondered about the placement of this program on the timetable.

At the moment I feel to give God and the changed circumstances a chance to work through the issues. Grant us all patience. Some encouraging points were made on 3ABN Today Live. We're praying for Elder Jim Gilley, for 3ABN, - and for all those who have spoken out their concerns in regard to it.

But was an opportunity missed by 3ABN to all the way rise above their own pain, and try and show at least some empathy for those who have asked honest questions about the divorce of Danny and Linda, etc.. A special show of larg-heartedness in this direction I think would have gone over well with many. At the least, we could invoke "Love your (perceived) enemies." I've even heard winners in a political campaign turn and try to include as part of the country they pledge to serve, those who have voted against them. But - maybe the pending court cases won't allow for this.

It seems there have been words flying both ways on the 3ABN controversy, that have not glorified God. But I remember also that it's easy to misjudge the motivations behind a person's apparently unholy words. Sometimes the problem is just that they are crying out from a position of pain we--for one reason or another--are not experiencing or understanding ourselves.

Whatever, God please sort us all out, and HAPPY SABBATH.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 7 2007, 12:04 AM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 6 2007, 10:20 PM) *
Yes, most ministries are down on donations. It is my opinion that a combination of economic issues, and a growing distrust of "non profits" are the primary factors in that downturn.

Miracle stories are often termed "miracle stories" when they are not. The same people who are losing faith in the "non profits" seem to be losing faith in the concept of "miracle stories" too as they have so often been made up, or turned into "miracles." In light of the miracle stories, dreams, and visions that accompanied the announcement of Doug's new position with 3ABN, it should be expected that there will be a certain skepticism when miracle stories and dreams accompany another announcement of someone taking the position that Doug was supposed to take.

I would not agree that it is inevitable that Jim will come under broad attack. Many of us believe that it is a good thing that he has taken this job. He is a savvy politician and regardless what the short term view of his position as president/CEO may be in light of Danny's comments, I have a hard time believing that Jim would stoop to being anyone's unquestioning stooge in the long term. I will say the same for Larry Romrell. The light at the end of the tunnel may not be the headlamp of an oncoming train, but we will see.

beartrap, I agree with what you have said here 100%.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 7 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

***Uh,no, Appletree. See you in a few days......perhaps. I will speak with Calvin and Clay on this one, and we will let you know what we determine about your fate here at BSDA***

Oh HOTY, see you're on right now. Saw you in the meeting today and expected a big long post from you twisting everything that was said. Several people in front of me were discussing the fact that the "mole" or "moles" as the case may be , that are employed at 3abn disgust them. They said you make everyone look bad by being so two faced. Just something to think about.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 7 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 6 2007, 10:03 PM) *
For what? He has done nothing against the law. On the other hand we might find that Gailon actually could go to jail....we shall see shortly.

rofl1.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 7 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #21

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Appletree is giving "advice" HOTY. The implication that he knows who you are, and that you are despised by the people around you, and the unspoken (and chilling) implications that you know, and that could curdle your blood if you thought that this was anything but "advice", is just "advice", "not a threat". Be cool, and be true to your conscience.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Sep 7 2007, 01:33 AM

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 7 2007, 12:54 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

Beartrap's advice to "be cool" & remain "true to your conscience" is good advice for all of us...

If we keep the drumbeat up for Danny Swaggart's removal, he will eventually lose his cool & lose the confidence of even his ardent supporters... Time will tell.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 7 2007, 02:00 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 6 2007, 11:54 PM) *
Beartrap's advice to "be cool" & remain "true to your conscience" is good advice for all of us...

If we keep the drumbeat up for Danny Swaggart's removal, he will eventually lose his cool & lose the confidence of even his ardent supporters... Time will tell.

Interestingly enough, Danny S. on the Jim Gilley Live program said that there was no truth that the IRS is secretly checking him out...then a little while later made the announcement that he and Brandy were leaving the country to do an evangelistic series for Robert Falkenberg...

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 7 2007, 02:09 AM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 7 2007, 01:00 AM) *
Interestingly enough, Danny S. on the Jim Gilley Live program said that there was no truth that the IRS is secretly checking him out...then a little while later made the announcement that he and Brandy were leaving the country to do an evangelistic series for Robert Falkenberg...

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif Thats alright. Assuming the best in any situation is generally considered a good trait.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Sep 7 2007, 02:11 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 7 2007, 06:00 PM) *

Like, if it's too hot near the stove, get out of the kitchen (or away from the IRS)?

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Sep 7 2007, 06:58 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 6 2007, 11:37 PM) *
Calvin, at times, you seem to be fair minded. It would be nice if you would do so in this instance. You left out miracle stories, expansion plans many many questions about what Jim will be doing, what Danny will be doing, will the programming change and on and on. You also left out that it seems the consensus that most ministries right now down in donations. Something called the "economy."

Same old stuff? Correct. When Doug was in future plans, you all turned on him. Now Jim is involved so he's the bad guy and loses the high credibility he has carried for years. Yah, you are right. Same old stuff.

The US economy is the best it has been in the history of our country. Nice try, but that dog won't hunt.

People can see through this, appletree. Give it up.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Sep 7 2007, 07:08 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 7 2007, 12:09 AM) *

Very interesting, appletree. Reminds me of something that was said about 20 years or so ago. You remember, after I turned 3ABN in to wage and hour for not paying us the overtime pay we were owed.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 7 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 7 2007, 12:09 AM) *

Speaking of disgusted 3ABN employees, I heard that folks were pretty upset that management did not have the courtesy to tell them about the appointment of Elder Gilley. Instead, they "heard" it on the internet. I would be disgusted too!!

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Sep 7 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 6 2007, 10:47 PM) *
Yes, Calvin, I was watching part of it and noticed some of the same things.

Noticed the dream emphasis also!

Calvin, you hit the nail on the head!

We can only hope that Gilley is not gullible and at this stage in
his life is doing this to help save 3abn and NOT just Danny Shelton.
Gilley is plenty smart.... and hopefully he will understand that the
rest of us aren't stupid either.

I doubt that JG needs the money or exposure and he could easily
coast into the sunset retiring comfortably in his own "neck of the
woods".

Of course ego.. is a powerful motivator too.... and money. Should
we hear endless promotion of JG's books and other materials, I will
wonder. If it is obvious that DS is still calling the shots and we see
relentless lawsuits against those who have spoken out, then I will
have to suspect his motive for taking this position.

I hope that I am right about JG and he will be the man to save 3abn.
I have a very good source that Gilley would not have taken the job
had not Danny begged him to take it. There is no question that there
are signs of desperation and the "little old ladies" have closed thier
purses. Right now, I want to support and pray for Gilley and that
he will be successful in saving 3abn.

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Sep 7 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 6 2007, 11:09 PM) *
As I posted in one of the other threads, Danny was in his usual chair, dominating the converstion as usual, and pointing out that the president was not as important as the Board. He also mentioned that Elder Gilley had informed him that if Danny was not going to stay on, Elder Gilley would not want to come on as president!

Danny's designation on the screen was "3ABN Founder".

I would suggest that we not pay any attention to what is said
right now..... this is nothing but "eye polish".

Let's just give Gilley a few months and see what the man does!
He is not stupid and I have a hunch that he will not allow
himself to be Danny's stooge. When they lock horns one day...
and make no mistake -- THAT DAY WILL COME. THEN - we will
see what Gilley is made of --- I would be very surprised if Gilley
will stick around with Danny calling the shots. He doesn't need
the money and he doesn't need the fame. Gilley isn't perfect,
but I believe he's a good man who loves the Lord and wants to
do what is best -- and right now that is to -- SAVE3ABN !!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:04 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church