Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15221&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:04:48 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Live Broadcast 9/6/2007
maggiecttr
post Sep 7 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,067

QUOTE(no_cults @ Sep 7 2007, 12:35 PM) *
Should
we hear endless promotion of JG's books and other materials, I will
wonder.

I taped the 2-hour Live program, but have only watched the first half so far. JG *did* bring up his book, "Keep on Keeping On," but it was in context of the conversation, so probably not a book promotion as yet.

A couple of selected direct quotes from the telecast:

JG: "Even though I've been elected as President and CEO of this corporation, I am not in any way replacing you, Danny. Because you're the founder and, uh, you have a lot of things you can continue...I know you want to do some other things -- I'm not going to talk about what these things are you want to do...(fades out)"

DS: "I'm still full-time here. I'm still an employee of 3abn as I've always been....and I see it that I can help you as a consultant; I can give great advice..."

DS about the BOD: "Walt is still here, I'm still here...we've brought on some heavy-hitters to the board."

JG: "God is with 3abn. (Amens all around) And it is humbling to know that He takes those of us with very limited abilities and very limited brainpower, and He takes us if we are willing to be used by Him. He takes us and uses us in a dramatic way. And, by the way, one of the most intelligent people I've ever known is sitting right here --it's Danny Shelton---and
another one is Garwin McNeilus--you know Garwin? (chuckles all around)"

DS: "He's not going to like this at all, but he's not here and can't defend himself--the rumor is he was kicked out of 5 academies in 4 years when he was a kid. "(laughs)

JG: "I think they made the right decision." (guffaws ensue)

JG to DS: "God gives gifts and God gives acumen, and God has given you a great gift, and you've used it for Him. You could've gone off into the country music business ---but instead you heard god's call to come here and do this ministry....This ministry has succeeded far beyond the wildest imaginations of most of us..."

Going to watch the rest later today... dry.gif
Blessings,
Maggie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Sep 7 2007, 02:17 PM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Sep 7 2007, 01:59 AM) *
I understood that fishing expeditions (for people's identities), is strictly off limits here and result in being banned. I also understood that veiled threats were equally off limits. Or hadn't you noticed that before? unsure.gif 2guns.gif
Edited for clarity.

I understood that too, but
What?!?

I was under the impression that it is common and public knowledge here that HOTY works at 3ABN, hasn't he always said so and claimed his testimony is as a first person account/witness?

Surely Appletree can do the same?

and most people don't appreciate moles in their midst, or someone being two-faced, they think it is dishonest and disloyal. Telling somebody to think about that is hardly a threat, nor is repeating that other 3abn employees are sick of it and wish the moles would be fired.

"Paranoia will destroy ya"

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Sep 7 2007, 02:31 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 7 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #33

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

That is all well and good, Cindy, but this is the second time Appletree has posted thinly veiled threats toward another member. You all might not consider it such, but we do. if you want to be here, you've got to follow the rules of the house. If Appletree was indeed at 3ABN also and knows who HOTY is, then the time an place to tell him anything he wanted him to know was to his face right then and there, not here. Or Tell Danny or whoever is in charge. That "I know who you are,a nd I know what you did" kind of sutff aint' workin' here. Here, everyone keeps to keep they annonymity, without fear of being exposed here, and threats are just not allowed at all. I think that Calvin has shown no tolerance for this on either side of this issue, as members of both sides have paid a price for these fishing expiditions.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 7 2007, 01:17 PM) *
What?!?

I was under the impression that it is common and public knowledge here that HOTY works at 3ABN, hasn't he always said so and claimed his accounts are first person accounts?

and most people don't appreciate moles in their midst, or someone being two-faced, they think it is dishonest and disloyal. Telling somebody to think about that is hardly a threat, nor is repeating that 3abn employees wish the moles would be fired to get rid of that problem.
"Paranoia will destroy ya"

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Sep 7 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

Maybe this is just too simplistic but the thought occurs to me that if there was nothing to hide at 3abn they would not care if there was a "mole" amongst them.
They should be open and transparent in all their dealings.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 7 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 7 2007, 01:32 PM) *
That is all well and good, Cindy, but this is the second time Appletree has posted thinly veiled threats toward another member. You all might not consider it such, but we do. if you want to be here, you've got to follow the rules of the house. If Appletree was indeed at 3ABN also and knows who HOTY is, then the time an place to tell him anything he wanted him to know was to his face right then and there, not here. Or Tell Danny or whoever is in charge. That "I know who you are,a nd I know what you did" kind of sutff aint' workin' here. Here, everyone keeps to keep they annonymity, without fear of being exposed here, and threats are just not allowed at all. I think that Calvin has shown no tolerance for this on either side of this issue, as members of both sides have paid a price for these fishing expiditions.

Princessdi, I have just learned about where HOTY is presently from appletree's post... So evidently everyone did not already have that information.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Sep 7 2007, 11:08 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 7 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 7 2007, 10:08 PM) *
Princessdi, I have just learned about where HOTY is presently from appletree's post... So evidently everyone did not already have that information.

Artiste, if you go back and read HOTY's posts all the way back, you will find that he has let us know long ago that he works at 3abn. He like others that work/worked there read and post here. Maybe you missed that? dunno.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 7 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 7 2007, 10:19 PM) *
Artiste, if you go back and read HOTY's posts all the way back, you will find that he has let us know long ago that he works at 3abn. He like others that work/worked there read and post here. Maybe you missed that? dunno.gif

Actually I have seen something to that effect in the past; however I didn't specifically remember that he was there currently.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:04 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church