Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15227&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:53:36 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Board Of Directors Official Position..., Is 3ABN affiliated with the SDA Church or not??
Aletheia
post Sep 8 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 9 2007, 12:18 AM) *
Appalled? Why?

Here's a better question, why aren't you appalled also?

Just look at what Fran wrote:
FHB:

There is one particular Board Member that knew of a very LARGE financial problem as far back as 2001. Yes, this person knew! However, they did NOTHING about it until Nick Miller decided to see 9if what was being said was true. And in Jan of 2006, this Board Member still knew it was happening, but asked others to keep it quiet! They did, but I know they knew! The circle has been growing by leaps and bounds. They know that they knew what they knew; they knew what it was that they knew!

I plan to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth! I wonder what the Judge will do when this lawsuit comes to light. Talk to your contact on the 3ABN Board, you know the one. That Board member has been used and abused for say 20 years? In FACT, I see this "Cherished Friend" of Danny Shelton being led to the cross to be crucified. Will you be there to help? Help will be neededd especially when you find that something they believed in with all their heart has never been what they thought. I am praying especially for this person. It is hard to see the forest for the trees.

Everybody;

Please pray special prayers for all the Board Members, but pray for this "Special Member" and their family extra hard. They are going to need it when all the evidence hits the fan.

Please don't pretend, that FHB's identity and "this special member and his family" are not being referred to here. and threats against them are not being made.

No one here is stupid, and I for one am sick to death of the double standards and bias.

Only the blind or hypocritical, and those who act and think in a onesided and partial manner would not see it, and would refuse to speak up, or would attempt to justify it, or pretend they don't see a problem, when they find fault with those they disagree with for far less...

My opinion.

Yeah, I already hit report and made a complaint...

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Sep 8 2007, 11:06 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 8 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 8 2007, 10:22 PM) *
This is outrageous.

I am totally appalled.

Wow, Aletheia. I am also appalled, so I guess we are in agreement for a change. Maybe you could help me out with something. I was so hoping to get the "official" 3ABN Board of Directors perspective on the connection with the SDA Church, but apparently nobody knows or else the answer is not one that anyone wants to post. Anyway, here's the confusion:

In 3ABN's complaint against Joy and Pickle, the following statement is made as a "factual allegation":

"Although many of 3ABN's employees and volunteers, including Plaintiff Shelton, are members of the Seventh-Day Adventist faith, 3ABN is a non-denominational Christian ministry which is not owned by, affiliated with, or financed by any specific church, denomination, or organization...Since its inception, Shelton and 3ABN have worked tirelessly to promote 3ABN's ministry and to spread its unique, non-denominational "Return to God" message."

Yet, in the "Opening Brief" for their Illinois property tax appeal filed with the court on March 8, 2005, 3ABN makes the following statements as "undisputed facts":

1. All the programming aired by Three Angels is supportive of and advances the Bible-based doctrines and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

2. The Three Angels board has voted that all programming of Three Angels is to reflect the 27 fundamental beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The very name of the organization, "Three Angels" has a special meaning for Seventh-day Adventists.

3. The three angels' messages relate to unique and central doctrines of the Adventist church, such as the Sabbath, the final judgment, and the second coming of Jesus Christ.

4. The leadership of Three Angels, along with a filming crew, traveled between twenty and thirty weekends a year to hold Three Angels' praise, prayer and gospel preaching rallies at Seventh-day Adventist churches in America and overseas.

5. Three Angels has a formal agreement with the Seventh-day Adventist Church to cooperate together to advance the ministry and missionary work of the Church.

6. Indeed, from 70% to 80% of Three Angels' programming is made by or features employees, largely pastors, of the Seventh-day Adventist church.

7. Three Angels has also provided the Adventist Church with a significant amount of free programming during the years under consideration.

8. Three Angels also financially funds and supports a full-time Seventh-day Adventist evangelist through the Illinois Conference.

9. All the programming created and/or aired over the Three Angels network is screened to ensure that it supports and is consistent with the fundamental beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. This screening is carried out by various persons, including the on-site staff of four Seventh-day Adventist ministers who are very familiar with the teachings and beliefs of the Adventist Church.

10. The board sets the salaries of the President and Vice-President of Three Angels. The salaries are guided by the equivalent salary, including benefits, of a minister of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

I guess maybe you can understand the confusion. In a lawsuit filed by 3ABN in Massachusetts, they are NON-DENOMINATIONAL. But when it comes to trying to avoid property taxes in Illinois, the Board of Directors even VOTED that all programming reflect SDA beliefs. So, I must ask....WHICH IS IT??? Non-denominational or Seventh-day Adventist????

It can't be one way in one court and the opposite in another!!!!!

You're so right, Aletheia......this is absolutely outrageous. I am sure there are tears in heaven...

~~Snoopy~~

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Sep 8 2007, 11:04 PM
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Sep 8 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 8 2007, 11:31 PM) *
WHY NOT?

Please don't pretend, that FHB's identity and "this special member and his family" are not being referred to here. and threats against them are not being made.

My opinion.

Yeah, I already hit the report button.

Fran said: "pray for this "Special Member" and their family"

Fran did not say "and his family." You supplied the gender, yourself, Aletheia.

There are both female and male board members. At no place does Fran say this special person is even male.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "threats" either. Unless prayer is a threat in your world.

You could write a book, "How to Display Outrage for Fun and Profit." It seems to be your specialty.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 8 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 8 2007, 11:31 PM) *

No one here is stupid, and I for one am sick to death of the double standards and bias.

Only the blind or hypocritical, and those who act and think in a onesided and partial manner would not see it, and would refuse to speak up, or would attempt to justify it, or pretend they don't see a problem, when they find fault with those they disagree with for far less...

My opinion.

Hhmm. It almost sounds like you might have a "special connection" with "this special member and his family"...

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 8 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 9 2007, 12:31 AM) *

My opinion.

So now that no one cares who you are you've taken to using FHB in your efforts to get people suspended? The problem is, the person who has given information about him is *you*, not Fran... and, BTW some of us saw that MySpace page before he made it private...so his identity is not nearly as secret as you want to make it seem... but he wasnt witness to much more than you were and who he is related to doesn't make him anything more than a recipient of second-hand.. or worse... information.

You keep trying to make people out to be so important and clued in that their identity must be kept secret for their safety... problem is... no one cares about the people for whom you keep trying to make this case... because they are not principals in any of this.. not you... not FHB... by both of your own admission..., but since you managed to get indignant enough to get watchbird sent to the penalty box, like satan, you become a one trick pony, trying to trap everyone and anyone with the same foolishness... I guess if your only tool is a hammer, sooner or later everything starts to look like a nail...

Cindy, no matter how you slice it, it's still notworking.gif

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Sep 8 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #21

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Sep 9 2007, 12:59 AM) *
Fran said: "pray for this "Special Member" and their family"

Fran did not say "and his family." You supplied the gender, yourself, Aletheia.

The member referred to is FHB, a member of this forum, and he is the member Fran addressed by name. His profile states he's male...

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Sep 8 2007, 11:45 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 8 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 8 2007, 10:39 PM) *
The member referred to is FHB, a member of this forum, and he is the member Fran addressed by name. His profile states he's male...

Not so, Aletheia, and please read people's posts more carefully before you comment.

Fran refers to a "Special Member" of the Board, and does not specify the gender. FHB has never claimed on this forum to be on the Board of Directors of 3ABN.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Sep 9 2007, 01:35 PM

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Sep 9 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Sep 9 2007, 12:58 AM) *
Wow, Aletheia. I am also appalled, so I guess we are in agreement for a change.

Maybe you could help me out with something. I was so hoping to get the "official" 3ABN Board of Directors perspective on the connection with the SDA Church, but apparently nobody knows or else the answer is not one that anyone wants to post.

Nobody knows, or wants to post the answer???? Of course they do, and have.

Go here to read their official posittion, and that of the GC also:
http://www.3abn.org/about_3abn.cfm
just click on "Joint declaration of commitment"

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Sep 9 2007, 12:09 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 9 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 9 2007, 01:06 AM) *

OK Aletheia - which court was 3ABN lying to???

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Sep 9 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Sep 9 2007, 02:11 AM) *
OK Aletheia - which court was 3ABN lying to???

Wow, you read the whole link in 2 minutes?

Ok...

Good night snoopy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 9 2007, 12:17 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 8 2007, 11:06 PM) *

What Snoopy wanted was an explanation of the diametrically opposed views of the above "Joint Declaration" versus the statement 3ABN made about itself in the Massachusetts lawsuit.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 9 2007, 12:23 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 9 2007, 01:16 AM) *
Wow, you read the whole link in 2 minutes?

Ok...

Good night snoopy.

Nighty nite, Al...

If you cannot answer a simple question it is probably best that you go to bed. cloud9.gif

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Sep 9 2007, 11:58 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Sep 9 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 9 2007, 01:17 AM) *
What Snoopy wanted was an explanation of the diametrically opposed views of the above "Joint Declaration" versus the statement 3ABN made about itself in the Massachusetts lawsuit.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I noticed in the Illinois tax lawsuit (see copy in post 17) that 3ABN states the three angels' messages are "unique" and "central" to the Adventist Church.

In the Massachusetts lawsuit, 3ABN states it is unaffiliated with any specific denomination and states it has had a "unique" "return to God" message since it's inception.

So, which unique message has 3ABN been preaching since its inception:

1. the unique three angels' messages of the Adventist Church mentioned in the tax case,
  2. the unique "return to God" message of the unaffiliated, non-denominational broadcaster mentioned in the Massachusetts case?

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 9 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Sep 8 2007, 11:45 PM) *
So, which unique message has 3ABN been preaching since its inception:

1. the unique three angels' messages of the Adventist Church mentioned in the tax case,
  2. the unique "return to God" message of the unaffiliated, non-denominational broadcaster mentioned in the Massachusetts case?

Snoopy wants to know...from someone in the 3ABN camp...what about it?

This post has been edited by Artiste: Sep 9 2007, 01:00 AM

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 9 2007, 01:04 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 9 2007, 01:17 AM) *

Thank you, Artiste! I was starting to wonder if my computer was translating my typing into a different language!!l

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church