Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15254&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:50:01 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Does Asi Play Into All This?
AHillock
post Sep 9 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,360

I have been lurking around for some time and finally decided to join your ranks. Question, is anyone able to answer this question of ASI's involvement? Are there any old threads that contain information about ASI's involvement? Thanks for the help.

This post has been edited by 113: Sep 9 2007, 01:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 9 2007, 01:28 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(113 @ Sep 9 2007, 12:03 PM) *
I have been lurking around for some time and finally decided to join your ranks. Question, is anyone able to answer this question of ASI's involvement? Are there any old threads that contain information about ASI's involvement? Thanks for the help.

0113, is this some kind of "phishing" expedition?

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Sep 9 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Welcome to BLACKSDA 113.
Have you read all of the pinned threads and all other threads? The info should be there somewhere. Reading everything available in this forum is very important. In order for me to answer your question and give an accurate reply I myself would have to do what I suggested.
Hope that helps.

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
AHillock
post Sep 9 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 9 2007, 02:28 PM) *

No fishing on my part. I am just curious what their involvement is. It is just interesting to see their pulling back from investigating what happened between Linda and Danny.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 9 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(113 @ Sep 9 2007, 12:03 PM) *

0113, from time to time people (or numbers) come on this forum and and start asking leading questions, hoping, it would seem, to either find or get someone to express incriminating information for ulterior purposes.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 9 2007, 01:48 PM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 9 2007, 02:28 PM) *

no need to be so cynical of our new member.... if there is an agenda it will become clear soon enough.... if there isn't then extend the right hand of fellowship.....

Welcome 0113.... you will probably get an email from the administration regarding your name, but we are glad you have joined us...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
AHillock
post Sep 9 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 9 2007, 02:46 PM) *
0113, from time to time people (or numbers) come on this forum and and start asking leading questions, hoping, it would seem, to either find or get someone to express incriminating information for ulterior purposes.

Sorry for the broad question on my part. I was just curious how ASI got involved at first to do the investigation (rather than the Division or GC to give it more credance) and how ASI all of a sudden decided that it wasn't appropriate for them to get involved. Shouldn't they have determined that before they decided to do the investigation? Maybe after looking at the details they realized how messy the situation and didn't want to be drag down with 3abn? Just to let you know I am a 4th gen SDA and the things I have been reading about on this site and save3abn have been completely shocking to me. Maybe it is because I am still young (24) and haven't had much experience with church politics.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 9 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

Hi 0113! Welcome to BSDA! I am glad you are here.

You have asked some really logical and good questions, but many of them have probably been answered somewhere here on this forum. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of pages to read here. I have been a member since January of this year and I still haven't gotten through everything! Have you tried to use the search function at the top of the screen? You might try that and see what you come up with.

It is not that nobody wants to answer you - it's just that there is so much here already and the answers to your questions are not real simple. The 3ABN issues have been going on for quite a while now, and the situation has gotten very heated, so I'm sure you will understand that some questions are met with a bit of skepticism - nothing personal!

I think you will find the BSDA family to be very helpful and supportive - I know I have! And some questions might be well to be directed privately to another member using the "private message" function or "PM".

And, you are not the only one who has been shocked, believe me! Again, welcome! And blessings!

~~Snoopy~~

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 9 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(113 @ Sep 9 2007, 01:14 PM) *
Sorry for the broad question on my part. I was just curious how ASI got involved at first to do the investigation (rather than the Division or GC to give it more credance) and how ASI all of a sudden decided that it wasn't appropriate for them to get involved. Shouldn't they have determined that before they decided to do the investigation? Maybe after looking at the details they realized how messy the situation and didn't want to be drag down with 3abn? Just to let you know I am a 4th gen SDA and the things I have been reading about on this site and save3abn have been completely shocking to me. Maybe it is because I am still young (24) and haven't had much experience with church politics.

The entire sequence of events where ASI was approached and then finally pulled out is found on save3abn.com.

Click on the "Danny Shelton" link.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Sep 9 2007, 03:16 PM

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Sep 9 2007, 02:50 PM
Post #10

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(113 @ Sep 9 2007, 03:03 PM) *

Hi, and welcome smile.gif

There's alot about ASI, here there and everywhere, actually, but probably the easiest way is to read ASI's open letter of explanation which was drafted and sent by Harold Lance to address just such questions. It's on this forum somewhere... I can't find it at the moment, but you can find it on 3ABN's web site as well.

Here you go:

http://www.3abn.org/3abn_asi_update.cfm

~ Aletheia

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 9 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 9 2007, 01:50 PM) *
Hi, and welcome smile.gif

There's alot about ASI, here there and everywhere, actually, but probably the easiest way is to read ASI's open letter of explanation which was drafted and sent by Harold Lance to address just such questions. It's on this forum somewhere... I can't find it at the moment, but you can find it on 3ABN's web site as well.

Here you go:

http://www.3abn.org/3abn_asi_update.cfm

~ Aletheia

Unfortunately, the letter by lawyer Harold Lance appears to have a bias against Linda Shelton's side and gives out some misleading and inaccurate information about how ASI's decision was reached.

This is all detailed on the save3abn site.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Sep 9 2007, 03:02 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 9 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #12

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 9 2007, 04:00 PM) *
Unfortunately, the letter by lawyer Harold Lance appears to have a bias against Linda Shelton's side and gives out some misleading and inaccurate information about how ASI's decision was reached.

how about provide the info and the links and let people decide for themselves who is biased and who is not.... dunno.gif especially given the fact that save3abn is viewed as an anti-Danny site....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 9 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 9 2007, 02:07 PM) *
how about provide the info and the links and let people decide for themselves who is biased and who is not.... dunno.gif especially given the fact that save3abn is viewed as an anti-Danny site....

The public perception is that the BlackSDA 3ABN forum is an anti-Danny site also.

+Quote Post
AHillock
post Sep 9 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #14

Thanks for all the help and advice. I did try doing a search on ASI, but I think the search wasn't able to handle three letters "ASI" as that is used in other words as well. I didn't try Adventist-laymen's Services and Industries , since I assumed most people would you the abbreviation when referring to it. I will look at the save3abn page and see if that answers some of the questions I have. Thanks again.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Sep 9 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #15

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 9 2007, 05:00 PM) *

"Bias against Linda" is not, and has not been proven. There is no support for that in anything which came from ASI. That is your opinion, shared by her team, and your friends here who were not actually involved in any kind of way, except to lap up everything her team says and parrot it, but others may see it differently. I know I do.

In the question of ASI's involvement, and why they withdrew, ASI is the best source to explain their own involvement and the reasons for it, and the situation and facts as they understood and saw them which caused them to withdraw. As the question concerns them, it seems they should be consulted first.

The letter in question was approved by the ASI committee, to be sent out, and is ASI's official position and explanation, regardless of the sour grapes attitudes from the owners and writers of the save3ABN site when the fault was laid at their door.

Joy and Pickle's list of grievances, nitpicking and faultfinding, issues, and focus does illustrate quite nicely what Harold Lance was trying to convey though. (IMO)

But I think intelligent people can read all and decide for themselves, and form their own opinions.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Sep 9 2007, 03:31 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:50 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church