Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15266&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:09:20 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Danny Actually Losing His Grip On 3abn?, Could this really be the end of the Shelton regime?
justice4jesus
post Sep 10 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,268

What do you think? Is it possible that Jim Gilley could actually have a plan in place to "blow away the chaff" at 3ABN?

Could 3ABN actually be slipping through Danny's fingers, and into the hands of a humble servant of God?

Has someone finally "gotten the best" of Danny for the good of the Kingdom?

Could it really happen? Let's talk about it, shall we?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 10 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Don't want to throw a bucket of cold water on your thread, J4J, but it may be just a bit premature to start speculating that far ahead.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
AHillock
post Sep 10 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,360

Yeah I don't think it is the good Christian thing to want someone to fall, not say that the OP is saying that. We should want DS to get his act together and seek forgiveness for any sins that he might have committed. I don't want to see him fall if that doesn't have to be the case. However, if nothing is going to be done and people are gonna act like everything is all good and okay, then I have a problem. Reminds me of the late 1800s and the problem with Kellogg. So easily something can go from bad to worse. Lets fix things now before they get any worse.

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 10 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Thanks for the replies so far. I believe I do need to make it clear that this topic is not intended to seem hopeful of Danny's collapse, but rather as a topic for discussion of whether or not this could be happening.

Personally, I believe that Danny has gone too far to recover himself without stepping away. My question is whether or not it is possible that God has gotten tired of waiting on him to do it on his own.

Yes, any and all discussion on this topic should be conducted with a Christian attitude.

+Quote Post
Musashi
post Sep 10 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,291

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 10 2007, 04:52 PM) *
Thanks for the replies so far. I believe I do need to make it clear that this topic is not intended to seem hopeful of Danny's collapse, but rather as a topic for discussion of whether or not this could be happening.

Personally, I believe that Danny has gone too far to recover himself without stepping away. My question is whether or not it is possible that God has gotten tired of waiting on him to do it on his own.

Yes, any and all discussion on this topic should be conducted with a Christian attitude.

Let me give Danny some credit at this point. The bringing in of the people that he has appears to be a move to strengthen the ministry and help it once again move forward. I applaud the efforts being made. I understand that this doesn't mean that he has admitted any wrongdoing on anyone's part, but I do believe that it will be for the good of the ministry in comparison to the trend of the way things had been going. Whether he slips into the background and as the title of the post states "loses his grip", I don't know, but it seems clear that he is at least stepping out of the center of the spotlight. Even if it is just left or right of center, it seems that he is willing at this point to appear less powerful in the operation of the ministry.

--------------------
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
--Henry David Thoreau

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 11 2007, 01:27 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

Danny will likely be sent out on fundraising trips to the places that he has been successful & remain friendly to him. That won't include southern California, or the west coast.

The effort will be to rehab 3ABN's image to the viewers again... Look for them to put a new face on the programming. Call it "The New 3ABN" or something like that. We won't see Danny on there, or at least not very often. But he will be back.

They will keep Danny away for awhile. But make no mistake, he will still be involved & he, ultimately, will be in control. These new guys will have some autonomy, but no big decision will be finalized without the nod of Danny.

Now these new guys might just be maverick enough to attempt a coup to oust Danny, but this is HIGHLY unlikely.

Danny says he can now "do evangelism" as he stated on their last live show... But in actuality, it's fundraising.

When did Danny ever become an evangelist? Aren't SDA evangelists seminary-trained?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 11 2007, 05:34 AM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Let's see how long it takes before his face is no longer on EVERY page of 3ABN.org. And how long it takes before there is a "founders" page on 3ABN.org, with every founder given proper and appropriate credit.

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Sep 11 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 11 2007, 02:27 AM) *
Danny will likely be sent out on fundraising trips to the places that he has been successful & remain friendly to him. That won't include southern California, or the west coast.

The effort will be to rehab 3ABN's image to the viewers again... Look for them to put a new face on the programming. Call it "The New 3ABN" or something like that. We won't see Danny on there, or at least not very often. But he will be back.

They will keep Danny away for awhile. But make no mistake, he will still be involved & he, ultimately, will be in control. These new guys will have some autonomy, but no big decision will be finalized without the nod of Danny.

Now these new guys might just be maverick enough to attempt a coup to oust Danny, but this is HIGHLY unlikely.

Danny says he can now "do evangelism" as he stated on their last live show... But in actuality, it's fundraising.

When did Danny ever become an evangelist? Aren't SDA evangelists seminary-trained?

The best thing that Gilley could do for 3abn -- after the hugging and kissing is over would be to give him a going away party and perhaps some sort of perfunctory golden handshake.

If I were king -- it would simply be "happy trials" DS !!!!

+Quote Post
howdy
post Sep 11 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,932

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 10 2007, 04:36 PM) *
What do you think? Is it possible that Jim Gilley could actually have a plan in place to "blow away the chaff" at 3ABN?

Could 3ABN actually be slipping through Danny's fingers, and into the hands of a humble servant of God?

The key indicator to me would be if 3ABN immediately drops all lawsuits and puts D Shelton out to pasture.

howdy

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Sep 11 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(no_cults @ Sep 11 2007, 10:55 AM) *
The best thing that Gilley could do for 3abn -- after the hugging and kissing is over would be to give him a going away party and perhaps some sort of perfunctory golden handshake.

If I were king -- it would simply be "happy trials" DS !!!!

I know this was a typo, but in light of current events I found this humorous. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 11 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Sep 11 2007, 11:11 AM) *
I know this was a typo, but in light of current events I found this humorous. biggrin.gif

For a typo, it worked out pretty darn good... I just can't wait until Danny tries to sue a bunch of internet bloggers...

I wonder if Danny has an "Enemies List"?

Maybe if we keep all this up, we just might get to be on it!! rofl1.gif

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 11 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 11 2007, 09:27 PM) *
I wonder if Danny has an "Enemies List"?

Maybe if we keep all this up, we just might get to be on it!! rofl1.gif

Perhaps we could even have a friendly rivalry of sorts....a contest to see who gets the top spot on that list.

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 11 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #13

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Naw, Linda tops that list, hands down! he will never forgive her or leave her alone for getting out from under his control. When he told her to stop talking to the Dr. , she was supposed to never, ever, call the man again. Especially, about that troublsome son of hers. Please!

I think I am already on the list, though........LOL!!!
rofl1.gif

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 11 2007, 08:15 PM) *
Perhaps we could even have a friendly rivalry of sorts....a contest to see who gets the top spot on that list.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 11 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #14

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 11 2007, 08:23 PM) *
Naw, Linda tops that list, hands down! he will never forgive her or leave her alone for getting out from under his control. When he told her to stop talking to the Dr. , she was supposed to never, ever, call the man again. Especially, about that troublsome son of hers. Please!
I think I am already on the list, though........LOL!!!
rofl1.gif

I'd guess you are probably somewhere on that list, PD. I wouldn't be getting into any lineup or contest to try getting anywhere near the top. It is not a pleasant place to be.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 11 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 10 2007, 04:36 PM) *

Yes I for one would like to talk about it.
1. Could 3abn be slipping through Danny's fingers?

A. Danny is the one who requested help in the administrative and fund raising elements of 3abn.

2. Gotten the "best" of Danny?

A. How so when Danny requested the help and chose, himself, to take Jim Gilley's name to the board for approval?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:09 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church