Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15475&st=285 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:55:34 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hospitalization Of Danny Shelton, Forwarded Announcement from Club Adventist
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 22 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #286

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

So you were a eyewitness, or did you just hear it from someone else?

QUOTE(appletree @ Dec 22 2007, 11:06 PM) *
He can't do that. He would be lying. Trust me, I know. Do you?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Dec 22 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #287

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Ian)
You are being sued, not because your rights are being violated, but again, you violated the rights of others. You are not being sued for personal gain, you are being sued so justice can be served, and so the truth can be made known and established in a unbiased forum.

Slander and libel are not God given rights, nor does freedom of the press and of speach guarantee you the right to malign any other, It's against the law. It violates their rights.

QUOTE(Ian)
In what way? be specific please, that's like a "have you stopped beating your wife yet" question, it assumes guilt.

QUOTE(LaurenceD)
Folks, the above is an example of the point awesumtenor was making, referring to Matt 7:5.

Ian, and only Ian, is calling it slander and libel here and now, but that kind of labeling holds no weight until the highest court (speaking of this side of heaven) determines what was said is such. So, if Ian will, in his own words, "be specific please" and explain to us what was alledged as slander and libel and which court agrees with him. IOW Ian, what specifically has been said, and how has it been determined (other than by Ian and gang) that it was against any law?

Please be specific...if you're able and willing.

QUOTE(appletree)
Well, then your criteria should carry over across the board shouldn't it? Danny Shelton nor 3abn should not be accused of anything unless and until the Pickle Joy team prove it in the highest courts of the land. The 3abn team accuses Pickle and Joy of the above. Pickle & Joy will have to prove their accusations to be true. So..according to you everyone here needs to back off all the way around until months or years down the road, a verdict is handed down. Any other way of looking at it is double standards in the worst degree.

Ian didn't say anyone was merely being ACCUSED of violating other's rights--which they may not be at all until Ian gets a court to agree with him. He said...

"you violated the rights of others."

and...

"Slander and libel are not God given rights, nor does freedom of the press and of speach guarantee you the right to malign any other, It's against the law. It violates their rights."

No one with any qualifications has determined anyone was slandered and libeled--except Ian here and now. Hopefully, you can see the difference between what Ian said and a mere accusation based on someone's hopeful opinion. If not, obviously your dreaming has clouded your reasoning.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 22 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #288

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Uh LD, Where you been? giggle.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Dec 22 2007, 11:10 PM
Post #289

500 + posts
Group Icon

Hi princess, I've been living the normal life of an uninterneted human being. Feels real fine too!

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 22 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #290

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Well, you have been missed! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Dec 22 2007, 09:10 PM) *
Hi princess, I've been living the normal life of an uninterneted human being. Feels real fine too!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Dec 22 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #291

500 + posts
Group Icon

Best of Holidays to you and yours too! And everyone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sister
post Dec 22 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #292

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(GRAT @ Dec 18 2007, 08:25 PM)
What will closure look like to me? What Snoopy said plus a very public, heartfelt confession and apology from Danny Shelton that he had no biblical grounds to divorce Linda and remarry.

QUOTE(appletree @ Dec 22 2007, 11:06 PM) *

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif Appletree, this is one of your biggest jokes yet.

A better answer would be: He won't do that, because he is lying.

Trust you? roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

ACTUALLY, I do know many things including the following:

1. Danny Shelton is a liar.
2. Danny Shelton is a thief.
3. Danny Shelton molested Linda Shelton's daughter.
4. Danny Shelton is a serial adulterer.
5. Danny Shelton is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
6. Linda Shelton did not have an affair during her marriage with Danny Shelton.
7. Danny Shelton trumped up charges against Linda Shelton in order to remove her from the ministry and divorce her.
8. The reason Danny Shelton has never produced "the evidence" is because it does not exist.

And the list goes on and on and on...

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 23 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #293

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Dec 22 2007, 09:10 PM) *

Well, we interneted human beings have missed you in the meantime. So, hug.gif welcome back!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Dec 23 2007, 01:41 AM
Post #294

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

QUOTE(appletree @ Dec 22 2007, 08:06 PM) *

I don't have to see the flees on my dogs to know they have them, I just see them scratching and biting! doh.gif

+Quote Post
Dona
post Dec 23 2007, 07:34 AM
Post #295

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Dec 23 2007, 12:02 AM) *
Ian didn't say anyone was merely being ACCUSED of violating other's rights--which they may not be at all until Ian gets a court to agree with him. He said...

"you violated the rights of others."

and...

"Slander and libel are not God given rights, nor does freedom of the press and of speach guarantee you the right to malign any other, It's against the law. It violates their rights."

No one with any qualifications has determined anyone was slandered and libeled--except Ian here and now.

Hopefully, you can see the difference between what Ian said and a mere accusation based on someone's hopeful opinion. If not, obviously your dreaming has clouded your reasoning.

Agreed, Ian spoke the above as a fact

But, are you really trying to reduce all the accusations and allegations of both moral and civil crimes which have been made against the Sheltons, 3ABN, various employees, board members, and remnant publications, etc to mere accusations based on hopeful opinions, now?

Did you notice that in this thread alone many are asking for resolution and closure based on the fact that they have assumed Danny Shelton and 3ABN, etc are guilty although no court has declared that?

Do you have a problem with this?

QUOTE(sister @ Dec 23 2007, 12:21 AM) *
ACTUALLY, I do know many things including the following:

1. Danny Shelton is a liar.
2. Danny Shelton is a thief.
3. Danny Shelton molested Linda Shelton's daughter.
4. Danny Shelton is a serial adulterer.
5. Danny Shelton is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
6. Linda Shelton did not have an affair during her marriage with Danny Shelton.
7. Danny Shelton trumped up charges against Linda Shelton in order to remove her from the ministry and divorce her.
8. The reason Danny Shelton has never produced "the evidence" is because it does not exist.

And the list goes on and on and on...

I believe Appletree's point was that you seem to only be finding fault in a one sided manner, and are not applying the same standards to both sides.

This post has been edited by Dona: Dec 23 2007, 07:44 AM

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Dec 23 2007, 08:25 AM
Post #296

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

Dona,

I keep reading about how the public in America are demanding more and more to know about the characters of those in leadership positions, or in positions of instruction or influence to others. I just read the news about how a list of all the teachers who had been disciplined at any time in the past 20 years had been published in a Florida newspaper, thus making thousands of names public. We hear more and more about people demanding to know if their neighbors are registered offenders, or if those who have care of their children, such as teachers, have a clean record.

It seems the Bible proverb is still wise--"A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold." (Proverbs 22:1, KJV)

Now, if I _know_ that someone is not honest, or trustworthy, is it proper to warn others? By this, I don't mean gossip. I do not mean that it should ever be in our minds that we are out to get revenge, or to be spiteful. I mean simply that we are trying to spare others of injury or wrong which might have been avoided had they known what we knew.

Do you think the Bible allows for this kind of warning? We are admonished to "warn the wicked of his way." Having done that, and if the warning is unheeded, then ought we not to sound a warning to the sheep in our care? Sheep can be oh-so naive and gullible at times. It is in my nature to want to trust people, though many are not trustworthy. If the maxim "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" means anything here, I would want to be warned.

I, too, have witnessed Danny's lying first hand. One might wish it were a mere oversight on his part; a mistake of some sort. The facts are, however, that most people who lie do so repeatedly; and the circumstances of the lie I witnessed are such as to make it difficult to count as mere oversight. Should I, or Sister, or any others here give a warning? If it were only one offense, no. A few times, no. But when it has become a habitual life habit, molded into the character of the offender, one feels obligated before God to reduce the hurts that might come to still others should they remain in ignorance of it.

Of course, we can always hope that Danny will yet repent of his wrongs, leave his headiness and pride behind, and put his life back on course with God. While there's life, there's hope--as Solomon said, "For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion." (Ecclesiastes 9:4, KJV)

Blessings,

Greenie

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
Dona
post Dec 23 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #297

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Dec 23 2007, 09:25 AM) *
Dona,

I keep reading about how the public in America are demanding more and more to know about the characters of those in leadership positions, or in positions of instruction or influence to others. I just read the news about how a list of all the teachers who had been disciplined at any time in the past 20 years had been published in a Florida newspaper, thus making thousands of names public. We hear more and more about people demanding to know if their neighbors are registered offenders, or if those who have care of their children, such as teachers, have a clean record.

It seems the Bible proverb is still wise--"A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold." (Proverbs 22:1, KJV)

Now, if I _know_ that someone is not honest, or trustworthy, is it proper to warn others? By this, I don't mean gossip. I do not mean that it should ever be in our minds that we are out to get revenge, or to be spiteful. I mean simply that we are trying to spare others of injury or wrong which might have been avoided had they known what we knew.

Do you think the Bible allows for this kind of warning? We are admonished to "warn the wicked of his way." Having done that, and if the warning is unheeded, then ought we not to sound a warning to the sheep in our care? Sheep can be oh-so naive and gullible at times. It is in my nature to want to trust people, though many are not trustworthy. If the maxim "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" means anything here, I would want to be warned.

I, too, have witnessed Danny's lying first hand. One might wish it were a mere oversight on his part; a mistake of some sort. The facts are, however, that most people who lie do so repeatedly; and the circumstances of the lie I witnessed are such as to make it difficult to count as mere oversight. Should I, or Sister, or any others here give a warning? If it were only one offense, no. A few times, no. But when it has become a habitual life habit, molded into the character of the offender, one feels obligated before God to reduce the hurts that might come to still others should they remain in ignorance of it.

Of course, we can always hope that Danny will yet repent of his wrongs, leave his headiness and pride behind, and put his life back on course with God. While there's life, there's hope--as Solomon said, "For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion." (Ecclesiastes 9:4, KJV)

Blessings,

Greenie

Speaking generically on this subject, in regards to private knowledge of a sin or grievance (and not just DS's guilt or innocence) We should never ignore such, but the bible is clear, in quoting Christ, (and the SOP supports and explains it also) and outlines how we are to handle such. I believe if we have not followed those biblical principles and steps, then we shouldn't be talking about it to, or warning others.

Now being more specific. I have yet to hear how anyone, including you or Sister, approached him one on one, or went with two or three others to meet with Danny Shelton, nor have I ever heard, even once. about how anything was taken by anybody to Danny's Church to investigate/handle which is the third and final step, --leading to discipline, if all the others go unheeded.

( writng or approaching him as individuals; one, by one. by one, is only step one)

In my opinion only if all the above fails should making it public, and warning others be considered.

Blessings,
Dona

This post has been edited by Dona: Dec 23 2007, 09:09 AM

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Dec 23 2007, 09:07 AM
Post #298

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dona)
Did you notice that in this thread alone many are asking for resolution and closure based on the fact that they have assumed Danny Shelton and 3ABN, etc are guilty although no court has declared that?

Do you have a problem with this?

Let's not jump all around at this point and lose focus, or try and deflect attention by spreading the alleged blame around so thinly.

First of all, no one asked you. Ian can explain himself unless you want to fall back in the same familiar pattern we've seen before.

Second, Ian directed his so-called fact at one person here and now, not everyone else, unless you're saying everyone else here is also guilty of the same thing...and if so, be specific please. Ian owes an explanation for sounding so final in his pre-judgementalism.

Third, if Ian can't speak for himself, the point was to be specific about which things he considered slander and libel. He's asked others to be specific. If you feel compelled to cover for him, try leaving no deltail out when your list is finished, if you're able. Don't give us a list of possibilities we have to sort through that may or may not be slander and libel. Be specific. Narrow it down to the nuts and bolts of the matter. Then, no one will have to turn to Matt 5:7 as a reminder.

Fourth, you might get acquainted with what happens in America all the time and what leaders everywhere have to put up with regarding accusations. There's nothing they can do about any of it...until a certain line has been crossed. Many leaders lives have been destroyed through false accusations. If the line has been crossed, here and now, according to Ian, what is that line and what was said and done?

There's good advice in leaders living good lives above reproach so that they won't have to go through what DS may have brought on himself through the appearance of unfairness. If you're unfamiliar with the standards, both biblically or politically, perhaps we can continue on in that vein.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Dec 23 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #299

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe)
Well, we interneted human beings have missed you in the meantime. So, hug.gif welcome back!

Thanks, Peaceful. May this season fill your life with pleasant surprises...although the number 49 may not set well with thee these days as we prepare for the SB.

biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Dec 23 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #300

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Dona @ Dec 23 2007, 09:50 AM) *
Speaking generically on this subject, in regards to private knowledge of a sin or grievance (and not just DS's guilt or innocence) We should never ignore such, but the bible is clear, in quoting Christ, (and the SOP supports and explains it also) and outlines how we are to handle such. I believe if we have not followed those biblical principles and steps, then we shouldn't be talking about it to, or warning others.

Now being more specific. I have yet to hear how anyone, including you or Sister, approached him one on one, or went with two or three others to meet with Danny Shelton, nor have I ever heard, even once. about how anything was taken by anybody to Danny's Church to handle which is the third and final step, if all the others go unheeded.

( writng or approaching him as individuals; one, by one. by one, is only step one)

In my opinion only if all the above fails should making it public, and warning others be considered.

Blessings,
Dona

You do err.... not knowing the facts of history NOR the scriptures.... for you have left out the part about "in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall a thing be established".... and you have also called going to "the church" as the "final step".... as though once it had been reported to some "authority" called "the church" eliminated the responsibility to see that the WHOLE body of the church knows of both the offences and the efforts which have been made to get the individual involved to repent of his ways.

All of the above have been done countless times.... including not only taking it to Danny's local church, but to every Conference level above Danny's local church. If you do not know about this, then you have neither read the statements by the individuals you mention.... plus many more... that are contained on this board.... nor have you contacted them privately for additional details to the stories presented here.

For many more than "two or three" of those who have written on this board have already followed the principles laid out in scriptures in their dealings with 3abn personnel. And the results have only been an increase in denial, cover-up, and attacks on those who have borne personal witness against Danny and others who have aided and abetted him.

If you choose to believe him rather than these witnesses.... that is your choice. But claiming that they never followed Biblical principles in trying to correct things many years ago is not something that will be believed by very many here on this forum... nor by others who have been personally involved in the past who are not here.... some of whom, btw, are in very "high positions" within the church structure.

So the bottom line is that even you, yourself, by your very words above, "only if all the above fails should making it public, and warning others be considered" agree that the proper thing for the last several years has been to make everything as public as possible.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church