Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15475&st=255 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:55:29 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hospitalization Of Danny Shelton, Forwarded Announcement from Club Adventist
Johann
post Dec 19 2007, 07:25 AM
Post #256

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Clay @ Dec 19 2007, 01:07 PM) *
yep..... it does.... and probably those who are dissatisfied range from mildly dissatisfied to very dissatisfied.... the question is, are those who are dissatisfied, dissatisfied enough to really want things to change? If so what changes would they seek?

Is the world in general satisfied with the status quo - or how everything is? Most people do very little about it, don't they?

Then you have the rebellios, the outragious militants. Are you indicating the dissatisfied in this case should urge a militant uprising? Or a milder preaching, like the reaction of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to the woes of this sinful world?

This post has been edited by Johann: Dec 19 2007, 07:59 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Dec 19 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #257

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Clay @ Dec 18 2007, 07:55 PM) *
help me understand why someone cares if a lawsuit initiated by 3abn might cost millions of dollars IF that someone or someones have decided not to support 3abn financially? The question remains at what point will those who have followed this ummmm saga be satisfied? What will closure look like?

Q #!... remember the keywords that we learned in the initial "history" of 3abn? "Power" and "Control". There can be thousands of persons who have quit supporting 3abn financially.... and things will go on as they have been all along... with increasing efforts made towards pretending everything is OK.... just so long a a handful of those who have the financial means and the desire to maintain the power and control they can "buy" by keeping 3abn afloat continue to do so.

Q #2. When there is complete cleansing and closure.

Q#3. I have described what closure would look like to me many times before.... and there would be no good purpose served in me repeating the list. But I'll add one which was not an issue the last time I made such a list.... As a first step towards the other, those who are in control of 3abn at the moment would have to withdraw their lawsuit against Pickle and Joy and make financial restitution for what they have already cost the two men in cold hard cash so far.

So long as the management of 3abn is willing to mortage their future by continuing in this horribly expensive undertaking in which there will never be ANY "winners" other than the lawyers and other para-legal personell involved in the case.... then they have no credibility in what they claim is to move along with their primary mission of spreading the gospel. On a strictly financial note... the millions that will be squandered in that suit is money diverted from that needed to keep 3abn afloat... and that is just as true if there is one specific donor who has given money for that as it is if 3abn is taking it from the "operating budget" which comes for any other source or sources. And we have had reports going both ways on this... and sometimes the contradictions come from the same "side". But it makes no difference how it is spun or explained... money is money... and it can't be used for both spreading the gospel and paying court fees.

QUOTE(Clay @ Dec 19 2007, 07:13 AM) *
I am not requiring anything, its a simple question, are they asking? some of (keyword some) those that I personally know who support 3abn don't care about what has been discussed here and since they are older don't even get on the internet to be exposed to the information.... now I am sure there are some computer literate 3abn supporters who do get info from the internet but can we say they are asking questions about the operations of 3abn? Since 3abn is continuing to broadcast someone is giving..... so what then do you make of that?

I also know some who support 3abn who don't care... and don't want to listen to find out if there is something they maybe should care about.... but I find no generalizably detectable age differential between those who care and who want things cleaned up and those who do not.

"Since 3abn is continuing to broadcast someone is giving.... so what then do [I] make of that?" That people are varied in their reaction to "life, the universe, and everything" and .... see above for my comments on power and control and those who have the money to buy them.

QUOTE(Clay @ Dec 19 2007, 08:07 AM) *
yep..... it does.... and probably those who are dissatisfied range from mildly dissatisfied to very dissatisfied.... the question is, are those who are dissatisfied, dissatisfied enough to really want things to change? If so what changes would they seek?

Yes they are.... but that doesn't mean they are powerful enough to effect the change.

Complete overhaul with all management/owners who have instigated, aided, or abetted by their lack of action the rottenness that has been swept under the rug... and out into the cess pool... through the years.... removed and a completely new governance model and new management personell installed. This should include appropriate fines and "disciplinary" strictures put upon those who have been most involved.... and reparations made to those who have been most severely injured by the practices and policies of the past.

Since even as a cooperative whole, those who want real changes made do not have the power to affect this, we must continue as we have been.... working diligently to inform as many as possible about the issues while we "wait patiently upon the Lord" to bring whatever tools He chooses to accomplish what needs to be done.

Let us not become weary in what seems like an endless and hopeless task to the extent that we either quit talking about it or fall to quarreling among ourselves like the "wicked servants" in the parable.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Dec 19 2007, 08:13 AM
Post #258

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

At what point do people living in a free country with protected and inalienable God given rights, realize that they can't control others, nor dictate to them, or be their conscience, and that they can only control themselves and follow their own conscience?

At what point do they realize if those that they disagree with aren't free to speak, act, opperate and assemble as they choose,, then neither can they themselves be truly free to do so?

This post has been edited by Ian: Dec 19 2007, 08:19 AM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 19 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #259

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Dec 18 2007, 06:13 PM) *
never mind

Oh my, Snoopy.... I thought your post was such a clear and reflective statement about your take on all of this. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to reply. Can you put it back?

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Dona
post Dec 19 2007, 08:30 AM
Post #260

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(Ian @ Dec 19 2007, 09:13 AM) *
At what point do people living in a free country with protected and inalienable God given rights, realize that they can't control others, nor dictate to them, or be their conscience, and that they can only control themselves and follow their own conscience?

At what point do they realize if those that they disagree with aren't free to speak, act, opperate and assemble as they choose,, then neither can they themselves be truly free to do so?

Very well said Ian!

+Quote Post
lurker
post Dec 19 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #261

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

As Danny is trying to contol people's right to free speech?

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Dec 19 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #262

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(lurker @ Dec 19 2007, 08:55 AM) *

Very well said, Lurker!

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 19 2007, 09:47 AM
Post #263

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Ian @ Dec 19 2007, 02:13 PM) *

About 65 years ago I heard this story which explains how this freedom works:

A European who had just disembarked from the steamer that brought him to the land of freedom was strolling down a sidewwalk on Manhattan, waiving his cane.

He was suddenly stopped by another pedestrian protesting his vigorous movements.

- Now I have arrived in the land of freedom where I can wave my cane as I desire, he claimed.

- Well, your freedom stops where my nose starts, proclaimed the other.

Some have not learned that lesson yet, and seem proud of their iignorance.

This post has been edited by Johann: Dec 19 2007, 09:58 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Dec 19 2007, 10:06 AM
Post #264

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

QUOTE(Ian @ Dec 19 2007, 06:13 AM) *

At the point where what is being done in their operation breaks the laws of the land.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Dec 19 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #265

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Johann @ Dec 19 2007, 10:47 AM) *
About 65 years ago I heard this story which explains how this freedom works:

A European who had just disembarked from the steamer that brought him to the land of freedom was strolling down a sidewwalk on Manhattan, waiving his cane.

He was suddenly stopped by another pedestrian protesting his vigorous movements.

- Now I have arrived in the land of freedom where I can wave my cane as I desire, he claimed.

- Well, your freedom stops where my nose starts, proclaimed the other.

Some have not learned that lesson yet, and seem proud of their iignorance.

Excellent analogy!!!
yes.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 19 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #266

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Like they are really going to answer that. One thing I've seen again on here, the defenders rarely try to answer any questions. MO is to attack the messenger, not much else, no proofs and no discussing the issues.

QUOTE(lurker @ Dec 19 2007, 09:55 AM) *

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 19 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #267

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

This makes no sense for a defender of Danny/3abn to say. It's like you've switched sides. Cool smile.gif

QUOTE(Ian @ Dec 19 2007, 09:13 AM) *

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 19 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #268

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Hope Ian convinces Danny and the powers that be at 3ABN of the truth of those words.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Dec 20 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #269

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Pickle @ Dec 19 2007, 09:52 PM) *
Hope Ian convinces Danny and the powers that be at 3ABN of the truth of those words.

??

You have it backwards.

It is you all trying to force your will and ways on others. That is not your right, that is a violation of their rights

You are being sued, not because your rights are being violated, but again, you violated the rights of others. You are not being sued for personal gain, you are being sued so justice can be served, and so the truth can be made known and established in a unbiased forum.

Slander and libel are not God given rights, nor does freedom of the press and of speach guarantee you the right to malign any other, It's against the law. It violates their rights.

People here think they are sounding an alarm, I know, and you think that makes it ok.

But the supreme court has ruled that freedom of speech does not entitle one to yell Fire" in a crowd, when there is NO FIRE.

Again, it violates the rights of others.

I'm quite sure if you don't know this already, you'll learn it.

This post has been edited by Ian: Dec 20 2007, 09:04 AM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Dec 20 2007, 08:54 AM
Post #270

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Ian @ Dec 20 2007, 09:43 AM) *
??

It is you all trying to force your will and ways on others. That is not your right, that is a violation of their rights

Matt 7:5

But the supreme court has ruled that freedom of speach does not entitle one to yell Fire" in a crowd, when there is NO FIRE.

Again, it violates the rights of others.

I'm quite sure if you don't know this already, you'll learn it.

See above.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church